PDA

View Full Version : Sure, that's what we'll call it, NEW THREAD!!

Jip
03-25-2003, 12:20 AM
Well lets see here. *puts on imaginary glasses that I left at friends house and am now slowly going blind with a squinting disorder*

Just a reminder, I only have one bar, one EZ bar, two dumbell bars for independent hands, and a weight bench that inclines, declines, lays flat, and has a leg extension at the end of it. I am limited to the old ways and better ways of working out, so please take into consideration I am limited when giving me advice.

This is pretty much a one week scheduled workout for me....:

Sunday: Back and Biceps, abs

Monday: Legs and Shoulders, abs

Tuesday: Chest and Triceps, abs

Wednesday: Off, but I usually do abs anyways.

Thursday: Back and Biceps, abs

Friday: Legs and Shoulders, abs

Saturday: Chest and Triceps, abs

Back and Biceps:

Back-let me put it this way, I know what I am doing when it comes to back because it is my greatest gain on my body, but I have no idea what the terms are for the exercises, through some research, soon enough I will post this. Chins ups are something I do know though, I do 9 of those at a time.

Dumbell Arm curls, 3 sets of 35lbs at 12 reps.

EZ bar close grip curls, 3 sets of 60lbs, 12 reps.

EZ bar far grip curls, 3 sets of 60lbs, 12 reps.

Legs and Shoulders:

Squats, 12 reps of 100lbs, 3 sets(skinny legs, too much running last year with no squatting, but I am climbing the ladder, last year my squat was a mere 80lbs)

Calf raises, 12 reps of 250lbs, 3 sets(just a reminder, this is with a bar because I have no access to a machine, so for a guy with my bony shoulders, this already makes me bleed)

Hamstring extensions, well here we go, this is why I quit lifting last year, guess who pulled a hamstring, guess who got crap scared of lifting and quit because of it? Actually, I havent tried this yet, but will come Friday. It just didn't feel right yet today, so I didn't want to risk it.

Leg Raises, 12 reps of (i will edit and relace this with a number as this is my next thing to do, I am in the middle of a workout.), 3 sets.

Chest and Triceps:

Decline: 125lbs, 3 sets, 12 reps.

Flat: 120lbs, 3 sets, 12 reps.

Incline: 80lbs, 3 sets, 12 reps.

Tricep Extensions over head, 3 sets, 12 reps, 35lbs.

Tricep Extensions behind back, 3 sets, 12 reps, 15 lbs.

DIET

My diet is pretty basic until later on in May. Lets put it this way, poverty is a b!tchh, I am broke, so I cannot afford all the chocolate and strawberry shakes, udos oil, multiviatamins, and all the other good stuff I used to love and was accustomed to. So my diet is pretty much:

Tuna whenever I wake up, my world is different everyday just like most other people, I see no reason to set a time to wake up, let your body tell you what time it is to wake up, afterall, God didn't give us alarm clocks did he?

So... Tuna when I wake up, 1 can.

Around 2-3 hours after that, I usually already have a workout done, or a very long walk at least, because I have to walk everywhere since I do not drive yet and the bus is so unreliable.

And when that 2-3 hours passes, I open up a can of tuna to my delight.

A couple of hours later, I open up another can of tuna.

A couple of hours later I already have another workout done, and I open up another can of tuna.

A couple of hours later I open up another can of tuna.

And before I go to bed I open up, yes you got it, another can of tuna.

Now bear with me because with this diet I have already pissed you off, I know that for a fact.

I am very conscious about what a good diet or meal plan is. But the fact is that I have an unplugged fridge, with only enough money to fill my cupboard with cheap canned goods and the rare loaf of bread. Yes, I have quit my job and am promised one in May, so I HAVE TO rough it out until May.

So do not get on my case on what I am missing out on, because trust me, if you did nothing but eat tuna for a couple of months, you would already know what your missing out on.

I am not purposely neglecting my diet, I just cannt afford more than a dollar a meal. And with tuna being a great source of protein for 75 cents a can, you cant honestly look me in the eye and tell me to grab the kraft dinner, at least I am choosing the right cheap food of the two.

So, besides my diet, what do you think? I will post an updated diet plan in May when I am employed and have the cash to feed myself. Trust me, when I have the money for a meal plan, I make a great one.

But PLEASE, ON THE WORKOUT SECTION, I NEED CRITICISM!!! I need help. It has been just under a year of not working out, and I have forgotten 30% of the things I should know. Even if you can give me a better workout plan involving the same muscle groups on the same days, just different exercises, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Paul Stagg
03-25-2003, 07:46 AM
Is joining a gym an option for you?

Jip
03-25-2003, 10:44 AM
Unfortunately no it is not. I was a member of a gym called WHC last year and they started to do double payments on me, ripping me off, I am still fighting them to stop giving me nsf charges on my bank account. I may be taking them to court if they charge me for the month of April. The contract said 40 bucks a month for one year. They have over charged me so that I have paid enough for 18 months, but yet, am not allowed in there.

Maybe this summer when I have money, I will check out another gym that only involves two bucks admission in a day, I think theres one around here that does that.

Jip
03-27-2003, 12:33 AM
Just wondering...Without steroid use, a good diet, and no held back training, is a goal at 250 pounds at 12% bf, from a 180 pounds and 18%bf in 9 years reasonable?

Can you do that in 9 years if you keep your crap together?