PDA

View Full Version : Another Question About Drinking???

Mic Soloist
03-26-2003, 10:47 PM
OK, I understand that drinking beer can fukk up the protein.....

So if I want to drink on a Friday Night.....

Would it be best to weight lift on Friday, followed by good protein meal, then beer later on that night. Then just do cardio and no lifting on Saturday.....

Or take friday off lifting and drink, then have my lifting/heavy protein day on Saturday.

Basically, does the beer mess up protein you've consumed b4 drinking, or after??? Or even both???

How do u guys plan around drinking???

-Thanks-

P.S. And I promise not more drinking threads..... for a while anyway

Ironman8
03-26-2003, 10:50 PM
You shouldn't really worry about that. If you want beer on Friday, go for it. IMO, just don't overdue it and drink the weekend away. Just get back on your regular diet and workout routine after your drinking day.

PeaceBeWithYou
03-27-2003, 12:31 AM
Just drink hard liquour instead.

Mic Soloist
03-27-2003, 12:33 AM
Always get in fights and throw up when I do that......

plus I like the taste of beer.

gopher
03-27-2003, 02:58 AM
Drinking after lifting will hinder recovery. Lifting the day after drinking may hinder intensity. If you are serious about maximizing your potential I wouldn't do either. If you are just a recreational lifter I'd say lift then drink. Lifting with a hangover is no fun at all.

Ironman8
03-27-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by gopher
Lifting with a hangover is no fun at all.

LOL! Tell me about it ;)

Berserker
03-27-2003, 01:06 PM
I try not to lift on day I drink. Figuring the body needs the most protein after the work out and decreasing with time. If I do drink I try to make sure I've at good and got my protein for the day. Also depends on why do you mean by drinking? 3-4 I wouldn't even worry about.

Shao-LiN
03-27-2003, 01:48 PM
Don't think I've ever had a hangover. Not that I'm promoting drinking and lifting. Just sober up before you go to sleep and get some water and vitamin C in you...should do the trick.

Mic Soloist
03-27-2003, 04:44 PM
I usually just do tons of cardio on Saturdays if I drink Friday Night.

I usually drink Friday and Sunday night, sometimes only Friday......

Cuz I go to school or work early Tues-Fri and I get up early on Sundays to go to church and work out.

So should I not lift Saturday and Monday if I drink Friday and Sunday???

Cuz if the protein doesn't get taken in right, I don't want to waste my time.

-peace-

Berserker
03-27-2003, 05:32 PM
Your not wasting your time, just not maximizing it either.

Ironman8
03-27-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Berserker
Your not wasting your time, just not maximizing it either.

True.

carolinagirl
03-27-2003, 09:23 PM
Alcohol also screws up all your body's hormonal responses to lifting (GH, test, etc.) This would be most significant after legs or deadlifts. If I had to pick, I would probably do a small bodypart Friday (maybe arms or chest or whatever) and then drink, then take the next day off lifting.

Mic Soloist
03-28-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by carolinagirl
Alcohol also screws up all your body's hormonal responses to lifting (GH, test, etc.) This would be most significant after legs or deadlifts. If I had to pick, I would probably do a small bodypart Friday (maybe arms or chest or whatever) and then drink, then take the next day off lifting.

Thats what I did

Just did biceps Thursday and then drank. I took today off. I'll be back busting ass tomorrow though.