PDA

View Full Version : Eating before morning cardio?

Fallwarrior
03-27-2003, 09:22 AM
Just wanted to know what most of you think about doing cardio on an empty stomach. I have heard mixed feelings on this. Many people say that doing cardio on an empty stomach is too catabolic. But some say that its the best way to lose fat. What do you guys think?

mikey4402
03-27-2003, 11:59 AM
i realy dont like the idea of cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. you just got done fasting for 8 hours then your going to do cardio for another half hour or so.

i would say at least eat something. i realy dont like eatting a big meal first thing in the morning or before cardio, so i eat mabey a bowl of oatmeal. then afterwords i have my breakfest.

ask
03-29-2003, 10:05 AM
You gotta have "free" aminos in your blood while doing it - to fight catabolism - so why not have a protein drink 0.5 hour prior to starting.

tony touch
03-30-2003, 03:43 PM
if u eat before morning cardio, it defeats the purpose of doing a.m cardio.

i dont do cardio after not eating 8-9 hrs. doesnt seem too efficient for building muscle

Spiderman
03-30-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Fallwarrior
Just wanted to know what most of you think about doing cardio on an empty stomach. I have heard mixed feelings on this. Many people say that doing cardio on an empty stomach is too catabolic. But some say that its the best way to lose fat. What do you guys think?

You'll find a lot of info on this if ya search bro. The answers provided will do ya good.

*drags in the dead horse for subsequent beating....*

Fallwarrior
03-30-2003, 05:36 PM
I have searched, thats why I am asking the question. I wouldn't be asking a question that I knew where to find the answer at. Thanks for the replies guys.

Ironman8
03-30-2003, 06:49 PM
I believe it's too catabolic. You should eat something that has atleast 100 calories 30 minutes before. I assume you'll burn it off anyways.

EdgeCrusher
03-30-2003, 07:09 PM
I've heard it's better to do cardio w/o eating, but i don't do it. my cardio is done after my classes, which means that i've had about 2-3 meals by then.

PowerManDL
03-30-2003, 07:15 PM
I think you should read the HIIT sticky at the top of the page.

tony touch
03-31-2003, 06:48 AM
if u want to do cardio on an empty stomach, try doing your cardio after you lift because by then your glycogen stores will be depleted and you will burn fat more efficienttly.

or you can try HIT type cardio

ask
03-31-2003, 07:09 AM
Sucker...what they said.