PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal Query

JaRule
03-29-2003, 03:44 AM
Hi, I am 18 and I used to go to the gym regular, but fair recently I have stopped.

I now just want to tone my abs up, and have been trying and nothin seems to be happening

I seem to have lost my touch, I used to do quite well before but noghing seems to happen now

So I was wondering, because I am working my abs only, should there be any neccesserly foods I should be taking in? I mean I still should be getting lots a protein right?

Thank you !!

Mystic Eric
03-29-2003, 04:03 AM
Oh boy...

bradley
03-29-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by JaRule
Hi, I am 18 and I used to go to the gym regular, but fair recently I have stopped.

I now just want to tone my abs up, and have been trying and nothin seems to be happening

I seem to have lost my touch, I used to do quite well before but noghing seems to happen now

So I was wondering, because I am working my abs only, should there be any neccesserly foods I should be taking in? I mean I still should be getting lots a protein right?

Thank you !!

To see your abs you are going to have to make sure that you are at a low enough bf%. Which means if you bf is too high then you are going to have to lose weight. I would suggest in addition to training your abs you also train the rest of your body which will in turn help better your overall body compisition.

Try and get 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, eat carbs that are low on the glycemic index and don't skip out on healthy fats in your diet. Space your daily calories over 5-6 meals per day.

There is tons of info on the WBB main page and you can also run a search in the diet and nutrition forum. I also suggest that you take a look at the WBB routines and try one of those out.

Ironman8
03-29-2003, 08:36 AM
Hey Ja, are you doing cardio? It would help shave some fat off that belly. Also, as Bradley said, work the rest of you body. You don't want to have ripping abs while having man boobs, do you :)

Shao-LiN
03-29-2003, 09:07 AM
Lose fat. Get diet and training in order.