PDA

View Full Version : Need help with making Peanut Butter at home

Raj
03-30-2003, 08:12 AM
Most of the sites list the following only as ingredients :

1 1/2 cups roasted peanuts (unsalted)
1 tablespoon peanut oil
salt

My question is how in hell will you be able to make a paste outta it? After all I'm using only 1 tsp of peanut oil...so how is it possible? I'm using a grinder/mixer for it.........As a matter of fact, I even tried it and as expected it failed. Stayed solid. So I had to add some water to get into the paste form. How is this done correctly? and how do I get it to taste as close as possible to the supermarket PB?

One more question, How much is 1 cup's equivalent in grams?:p

Thanks and looking forward to your replies

Raj

Berserker
03-30-2003, 10:15 AM
I remember as a little kid seeing a Mr Peanut shaped masher? that was supposed to make pb. I think you got to mash the Sh$t out of it. Probably a big pain. As far as nutrient breakdown what every you put in from the peanuts or oil. Your not creating or losing anything just changing its shape. Can you buy it buy you? Is this just something to do?

Raj
03-30-2003, 09:48 PM
oh yeah...i'm on a mission ...i have to do this...PB in supermarkets here is really expensive...so I'm seeing if it can be done at home....400 gms here in india is roughly around 2 usd equivalent.....if i can do the recipe at home, I can make 2.5 kgs of it and save a lot of money

Raj