PDA

View Full Version : Meat options in my bulking diet

owensy
03-31-2003, 12:45 AM
I have a vague plan of what I want to eat daily, and I am pretty pleased about it all in all. However, I was just wondering whether Minced Beef would have the same effect as lean beef.

I'm asking this, basically, because I can get minced beef really cheap at the supermarket, but if lean beef is better, I don't mind spending an extra couple of penny's. Whatever is best really.

But also, I think that I am going to get sick of eating the same sort of thing every day, so maybe mince would be a good alternative some days. I am aiming to eat a lot of red meat (steak, etc), eggs, tuna, etc to increase protein. Also, I read somewhere that Avocados were good sources of 'good' fat, so I am going to try and eat one or two every day. I try to keep my EFA, by eating nuts and oily fish daily. I always make sure that I get the right balance of Carbs, mainly before and after my workouts. One to give me energy, and the other to replenish it afterwards...

Anyways, alternatives to lean beef/steak anyone? Or would you all advise that sticking to those is wiser?

bradley
03-31-2003, 02:32 AM
Lean beef is a good source of protein as well as chicken, eggs, fish, and dairy products. I would stick to the lean beef due to the lower fat content.

Ironman8
03-31-2003, 07:23 AM
Ya, stick to the lean beef. Lower saturated fat.