PDA

View Full Version : Cardio everyday?

Joe Black
03-31-2003, 02:14 AM
Could this be bad? My main goal is to lose fat, whilst put on a bit of muscle. Now I know this is quite hard but seeing as I am only just getting back on track with my lifting and eating I figure that I can maybe get away with some muscle gain seeing as some of it will be beginners type gains. Well thatís what I hope lol.

The reason I was going to do cardio daily is basically I have a job where I sit down at a desk from 9-6. I want to get moving for 40 mins or so a day so was going to hit the gym at 7:00 - 7:40 everyday.

So are there any negative effects in regards to my goals of doing cardio on a daily basis?

McBain
03-31-2003, 07:08 AM
i'll be interested to find out aswell-im starting cardio everyday (after never ever doing it)

maybe ill just see how i feel after a month?

Paul Stagg
03-31-2003, 07:23 AM
I wouldn't do it every day.

runt
03-31-2003, 07:48 AM
Hulk, my suggestion is cardio 3 times a week tops. If you keep your lifting session at a high intensity and find your maintenance diet I think you should be able to accomplish your goal in two to three months. Too much cardio will lead to muscle loss. Also I believe that 40 min of cardio is too long for one session (once again you will run the risk of burning muscle) - 25 to 30 min is better. I think people forget that the more muscle you have the more effeciently you burn fat.

fuzz
03-31-2003, 08:48 AM
Hulk:

If you are just getting back in the swing of things I would recommend doing HIIT 3x a week, and starting out with very short sessions so you can get used to the strain it will put on you. It can be easy to overtrain easily if you do too much HIIT and lifting all at once.

If you want to do something on off days since you work on your ass all day, just do simple things like take stairs instead of an elevator, and park far away from stores and walk. Little things like that throughout your day can help burn a bit more calories and get your metabolism moving, especially if they become haibt.