PDA

View Full Version : dilema, yet another bulk vs cut question

peatr99
03-31-2003, 11:02 PM
my type of body, little chubby, solidly built naturally. i am at about 20% bodyfat i believe. i've been lifting for a little while but just recently have i started looking into changing my diet, i want more muscle but i don't want to gain any more fat because i have plenty, or should i cut, but i'd lose some of my natural muscle? so should i bulk or cut?

Shao-LiN
04-01-2003, 02:35 AM
Cut. If you don't want to lose muscle, cut slow and carefully. You only really start losing significant amount of muscle if you're rushing your cut and doing it wrong.

bradley
04-01-2003, 03:07 AM
, i want more muscle but i don't want to gain any more fat because i have plenty, or should i cut, but i'd lose some of my natural muscle? so should i bulk or cut?

It is difficult (not impossible) to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. With that being said it basically boils down to your personal goals as to whether you should bulk or cut.

I would recommend just cleaning up your diet and train hard and you will probably see some favorable results since you are relatively new to weightlifting.

Ironman8
04-01-2003, 07:14 AM
Are you planning to do cardio? If you are, you would lose some muscle.

AJ_11
04-01-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Are you planning to do cardio? If you are, you would lose some muscle.

Not necessarily. Cardio does not make you lose muscle. Cardio at extented times without proper nutrition will breakdown some muscle but just saying that cardio will make you lose muscle is completely wrong. Generalizations like that leads people in the wrong direction.