PDA

View Full Version : narcissus' barbell rows

Pages : [1] 2

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 10:24 PM
i use the yates style. i am the one rowing. belial is the tan one to my right stripping weights, and escape01 is the shaved-headed one to my left stripping weights. here is the link.

http://www.duke.edu/~alv3/Matt%20bb%20row.WMV

Alex.V
04-01-2003, 10:26 PM
Note: I look like ass. I should have realized I'd be on camera. :(

Maki Riddington
04-01-2003, 10:29 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................ I can't open the file.:(

Alex.V
04-01-2003, 10:30 PM
Replace user.

MrWebb78
04-01-2003, 10:30 PM
i cant open it either

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 10:31 PM
here i am from behind before doing my last set on shrugs. i alternated colors w/ the plates for ease of distinguishability.

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 10:32 PM
DAMN! why can't it be opened? let me see if i can figure something out. maybe a certain codec is needed.

Isaac Wilkins
04-01-2003, 10:34 PM
I can.

Nice job in posting it. This goes a fair way to proving your cause.

I'm not trying to be negative with my next statements.

Two things: You are over 20% bodyfat. Unless you have really freakish fat storage, and you're hella lean underneath your clothes.

I assume you can feel your lats engage on the rows, otherwise you wouldn't do them. I will say it's one of the shortest range of motions I've seen (a great deal of that is anatomy).

That being said, you heaved 405 around like it was nothing. You also did a pretty good job keeping your legs out of the equation.

Nice work.

Mystic Eric
04-01-2003, 10:35 PM
Sorry narc, but your bent over BB rows are no where near "perfect form." First of all, you bend over to about an 80 degree or 75 degree AT THE MOST. They look more like shrugs than anything and the range of motion is well... very little. I am not trying to be a jerk, just being honest.

Magnus
04-01-2003, 10:36 PM
Have most codecs and it's not working either...

Isaac Wilkins
04-01-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Mystic Eric
Sorry narc, but your bent over BB rows are no where near "perfect form." First of all, you bend over to about an 80 degree or 75 degree AT THE MOST. They look more like shrugs than anything and the range of motion is well... very little. I am not trying to be a jerk, just being honest.

I agree with Eric, but I don't think (I may be wrong) Narc ever professed to perfect form.

ryan1117
04-01-2003, 10:37 PM
I got it open. Damn! You two are huge! I'd say you both are even more impressive than I thought. I like how you removed one plate at a time so there would be no question on how many plates were on there!

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 10:37 PM
borris: as i said, i do not know my BF. and yes, i can feel my lats engage. what i do works for me.

eric: i never said they were perfect form. in fact, i believe i said they were not perfect form.

Isaac Wilkins
04-01-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Narcissus
borris: as i said, i do not know my BF. and yes, i can feel my lats engage. what i do works for me.

That's what matters.

*watches the form junkies mass for the attack*

Severed Ties
04-01-2003, 10:39 PM
I can't open it either....

ST

Neil
04-01-2003, 10:39 PM
Won't open for me either.

Alex.V
04-01-2003, 10:40 PM
Hmmm... well, the percentage who can open it is fairly low... does anybody who can view it perhaps know how to switch format?

Narcissus
to the people that cannot open: i have no idea. maybe check for updates on your media player. aside from that, i do not know.

to the people who will no doubt continue to be upset about my form: it works for me. i posted a picture of me unflexed from behind. make your own judgement.

Vido
To open the file, right click on the link and go to "Save Target As". Save it somewhere and go open it, and it should work.

AJ_11
04-01-2003, 10:41 PM
Well I am impressed. I could barely deadlift that and you made it look easy. Congrats Narc. I beleved you the whole time but I just was curious like the others.

Mystic Eric
04-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Right click and save it to your computer then it will work.

I'm just saying that they're not really bent over BB rows. While Chris's rows are not perfect, they're MUCH better than yours. You barely even move the bar. The range of motion has to be 5 inches at the most.

MrWebb78
04-01-2003, 10:47 PM
dang, could Belials tank top be any tighter? lol

would be an interesting deadlift video, you heaved that up like it was nothing......if it was even you....

Neil
04-01-2003, 10:48 PM
I updated my media player and it worked.

Alex.V
04-01-2003, 10:49 PM
That's the largest size abercrombie makes, senor webb. :)

So nobody commented on his back pic either, eh?

Magnus
04-01-2003, 10:50 PM
OK That vid rocks. And as stated earlier today and in other threads, Matt, your under-estimate of your BF% was basically the thing causing people to flip out.

*goes and watches video again*

how big are your calves. Also you dwarf Alex there, so it's tough to get an idea of how big he is!

Vido
04-01-2003, 10:50 PM
Right click and save it to your computer then it will work.

I'm just saying that they're not really bent over BB rows. While Chris's rows are not perfect, they're MUCH better than yours. You barely even move the bar. The range of motion has to be 5 inches at the most.

I'm sorry but I'd have to disagree. While the range of motion might be smaller, at least he is using his back and ONLY his back to move the weight. Neither Narc nor Mason uses a full ROM (albeit Mason's is bigger), but there is a lot less cheating in Narc's rows.

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 10:51 PM
here is a picture of me doing high cable pull-downs. my delts are definitely not at least the size of my head.

Magnus
04-01-2003, 10:52 PM
B his back is huge. Everyone was speechless.

Magnus
04-01-2003, 10:53 PM
As for the form that's pretty much a Yates row, with a smaller ROM because of his makeup. Great set - how do you get weight boys like that? ;)

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 10:54 PM
magnus: they are about 18.5-19 inches. they have good shape when flexed, but only when flexed. because of the fair amount of bloat on my ankles and lower legs right now, it is hard to see the shape. oh well, they will be brought up.

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 10:55 PM
magnus: thanks. also, as for the weight boys, it has been said that you get much more with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone. ;)

Magnus
04-01-2003, 11:02 PM
haha. You need to post more vids b/c that was sweet. You and Alex can have a deadlift-off or something. Has anyone seen the vid out there of some guy benching 600 x 3 raw? Can't remember his name right now! Magnus will try and find it...

Alex.V
04-01-2003, 11:04 PM
Magnus, you're thinking of Chabot's 600x3.

A deadlift-off? I think we know the outcome there. ;) I might get a deadlifting vid on thursday, we shall see.

Isaac Wilkins
04-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Belial
Magnus, you're thinking of Chabot's 600x3.

A deadlift-off? I think we know the outcome there. ;) I might get a deadlifting vid on thursday, we shall see.

Jebus. Now B's caught the posting bug.

And WBB turns upside down...

:D

carolinagirl
04-01-2003, 11:07 PM
Matt, your back looks ****ing HUGE in that first still. I mean, really, really sick huge.

It's excellent.

(I'm waiting for the video to download. 19 minutes to go. Damn dial-up. But ...another ogle at a first-class HIMBO like yourself is worth at least 19 minutes. ;))

Originally posted by Magnus
Also you dwarf Alex there, so it's tough to get an idea of how big he is!

Alex is damn big.

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by chris mason
Ok, try this one, take a picture of yourself standing next to a t-bar loaded with 10 45s in the manner you have described. That should be rather simple. If you do that, then I will admit that I was wrong about loading 10 plates.

well, i am not standing next to it, but i am in the picture with 9 plates and a clip when i am shrugging. since i did not do t-bars today, i went ahead and threw a 10th one on the bar.

Magnus
04-01-2003, 11:11 PM
Yeah Chabot! Thanks!

*uses Jedi Mind trick* Alex, you will post a deadlift video thursday.

lick
04-01-2003, 11:15 PM
nice post...You guys are definitely huge. That back pic is nasty cool.

Arain
04-01-2003, 11:18 PM
those rows look ridiculous. your moving the bar from above your knees to just about your waist. great there's no leg movement, but mason's style of rowing in the video is much more difficult. i guess it works for you but that's more like a shrug than a row. bout your back, looking pretty huge but with your arms out in front i'm sure you gave a little squeeze, perfect position to show off some upper back. so i doubt your unflexed claim. i'm not sugar coating as i'm sure your massive ego will shrug off my words. that is all :cool:

WeakSauceAsian
04-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Man, frickin' awesome. You look like a cute lil' kid in your video - LOL. Then there's all these little plates you're lifiting... :*( they look so much bigger in real life.

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 11:25 PM
arain: maybe thursday i will post a video using mason's form to do some rows (even though it is my delts day). you know why? because i cheat, he cheats. i may cheat by not bending completely over. he cheats by using legs and alot less back. i think both forms are fine to use. however, since everyone keeps comparing my form to his, i will show you that i can do more than his weight, and more than his reps, using his same form. normally i wouldn't engage in such a pissing contest, but this is just absurd.
regarding the picture, you can see i am adjusting my straps. i did not even know anthony was taking the picture because i was 150% focused on my set. i was not flexing. i know what my back looks like flexed, and it definitely looks better than that.

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 11:27 PM
here is anthony doing 315 on bb rows, his 3rd set.

http://www.duke.edu/~alv3/aed%20bb%20row.WMV

you can see he drops lower than i do.

Magnus
04-01-2003, 11:30 PM
Arain do you know what a Yates row is? ;)

Arain
04-01-2003, 11:33 PM
that would be nice to see if you can remember 2 things.
when you try it mason style, touch the bar to your torso.
and second, ok mason uses legs but it's not like he power cleans it up so be mindful of how much knee bend you use. good luck. :cool:

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 11:35 PM
thanks for the tips arain. considering i am such an imbecile that i got a 1590 on my SATs in my sophomore year of high school and perfect scores on all my SAT2's in my junior year, i have a very poor visual memory.

Budiak
I think you had a couple fleas jumping on the ends of the bar between sets, dude. They were knocking plates off.

Oh ****, that was Belial.

Arain
sure i know what a yates row, but i was under the impression for a yates row you would actually need to use yates grip and narc looks like overhand grip to me. correct me if i'm wrong. anyway the whole point was narc put this up in direct response to mason's vid so what's the point if he aint doint it the same way.
:cool:

Mystic Eric
04-01-2003, 11:38 PM
here is anthony doing 315 on bb rows, his 3rd set.

http://www.duke.edu/~alv3/aed%20bb%20row.WMV

you can see he drops lower than i do.

Sorry, I am really really not trying to be a jerk again either, just trying to differentiate between what people consider as "perfect form" on this site.

For one thing, he does no bring it close to his stomach. That makes a HUGE difference in bent over BB row. Kinda like the difference between a real squat (just below 90 degrees) and a quarter squat/knee bend.

The second thing is that although the first rep was ok in terms of no using body english, the reps after that involve too much traps movement to cheat. When I do my bb rows, my back does no end up at a larger angle/more upright at the top of the movement. If I did my rows either narc's way, or narc's friend's way. then my weight moved would increase dramatically. Although I would rather do a movement properly and effectively, than move a bunch of weight in a manner that takes away from the main purpose: to stress the intended muscles.

Arain
04-01-2003, 11:39 PM
well narc now that you put up your SAT score and gave us a bit of history of how awesome you are that totally settles the whole thing. btw i went to the most prestigious high school in new york, sweet huh. i left after a year so i must be a dumb ass

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 11:41 PM
eric: i do what works for me. if cheating to row 405 has built my back the way it looks like now, i do not care. if i had to wrap my sack around my leg and roll back and forth on the floor to agitate it, and that would build my back the way it looks like now, i do not care.

Narcissus
04-01-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Arain
well narc now that you put up your SAT score and gave us a bit of history of how awesome you are that totally settles the whole thing. btw i went to the most prestigious high school in new york, Stuyvesant specialized high school, sweet huh. i left after a year so i must be a dumb ass

well, you obviously need to work on your deductive reasoning and interpretation of literature skills - i never said, nor implied, that you were a dumbass. i did, however, point out that i am not, and do not warrant reminding of such trivial things.

Magnus
04-01-2003, 11:45 PM
The Glen Chabot vid. 600 x 3 raw:

http://members.cox.net/rrich67/gchabot.ram

Mystic Eric
04-01-2003, 11:46 PM
eric: i do what works for me. if cheating to row 405 has built my back the way it looks like now, i do not care. if i had to wrap my sack around my leg and roll back and forth on the floor to agitate it, and that would build my back the way it looks like now, i do not care.

Well that's good that it works for you and you are a big guy but there's no need in describing the manipulation of your "sack" around other body parts just as an attempt to make a wise crack.

What I'm merely getting at here is that we should say that those aren't "proper" rows just so a newbie doesn't row like that. The point of this site is to help those that want to lift and I would not want a newbie coming here thinking that your way is the best way to row just because you're a big guy.

rookiebldr
04-01-2003, 11:47 PM
Matt, awesome back, awesome rows. To good to believe but in the flesh true. The point was to prove he exists. He does. You are huge, as cg will no doubt say HIMBO huge.

Belial, great to see what you look like on video. About ****ing time, dude.

Magnus
04-01-2003, 11:54 PM

What I'm merely getting at here is that we should say that those aren't "proper" rows just so a newbie doesn't row like that. The point of this site is to help those that want to lift and I would not want a newbie coming here thinking that your way is the best way to row just because you're a big guy.

Eric, you are making some very good points about form. However keep in mind that a slight cheat on an exercise still causes the same muscle fibers to fire. Therefore, perhaps not for a newbie, but at least for anyone with experience, it is valid to see how to cheat safely and properly. Remember, if adjusting a movement slightly allows one to add more resistance, the increased load will help induce hypertrophy.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 12:10 AM
lick: thanks.

weaksauce: thanks.

magnus: thanks, i appreciate your explaining things and saving me some trouble.

rookie: thanks, at least somebody realizes what the true motivation was for the posting of the video. all the nonsense back and forth was fine, but to go through the trouble of PMing people to convince them that i really do not exist - well, that is just absurd.

arain: a yates-style row is a yates-style row, regardless of what type of grip is used.

what? no comments about the high-pull picture? doesn't somebody want to point out that i do not actually have delts? stupid kids.

carolinagirl
04-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by rookiebldr
....as cg will no doubt say HIMBO huge.

You know me well, Rookie. That's exactly what I did say! :D

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 12:21 AM
cgirl, did you get it d/l yet ?

aidano
04-02-2003, 12:22 AM
You're a liar, your delts are bigger than your head.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 12:22 AM
:)

that's such a sweet thing to say.

carolinagirl
04-02-2003, 12:23 AM
Yep.

But I already knew you existed, and were huge.

BCC
04-02-2003, 12:31 AM
Good job man. As to all the bs about form, when it comes down to muscle stimulation, it's what works. That's basically a Yate's style row, I see no nonsense in it.

Maki Riddington
04-02-2003, 12:39 AM
It's a big lift. It isn't using great form nor good form. However, if it's what makes an experienced lifter grow then more power to them.

The lift using 315 is still impressive but again the form is not what I would call good. This is of course comparing it to a bent over row that is performed with strict form and technique.

If this what people brag about I would say that it's really nothing to special since I see these kind of lifts done quite a bit. Of course I pay it no attention because I feel that it's not that impressive. But that's just me and my opinion.:)

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 12:48 AM
maki: i never bragged about anything. i simply posted what i do. mason said i am not real, and that i should post a video w/ alex in it, doing what i claimed to do, or "shut my mouth forever". so i posted the video, doing what i claimed to do, with alex in it. that was the sole purpose of the video. are you that dense that it appears that i am bragging?

Buff
04-02-2003, 12:50 AM
Narcissus: So far after reading your lifts and weights and watching your video... you blow my fricken mind brother. Amazing!

As for the nay-sayers, fuk em man. The people who are knocking the lifts IMO don't know what they are talking about. Form is important, and I don't see anything wrong with what you are doing, so what's wrong? JEALOUS, that's what it is. Keeping growing brother! Peace

Buff

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 12:50 AM
thank you buff. i appreciate the encouragement.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 01:22 AM
thought i would make a little compilation in hopes that some of the ignorance plaguing certain posters in this thread would be alleviated.

Well, you called it, you got my repsonse. So do it. If you don't, shut you mouth forever. It is time for you to put up or shut up. Make sure Alex is in the video with you (as I can recognize him). If you don't post a video, keep all remarks as to your lifting abilities strictly to your journal or I will ban you.

I hope it is. If it is, and you are in the video Alex, then I will 100% state that I believe Narc exists and his lifts are legit.

Of course, the above is a moot point because I know that there will be no video posted today.

In the end, I also have a hard time believing he is real, not just a prank used to annoy me and certain others on this board. [/B]

No worries man, I am not going to ban you until you post your video today, no matter how hard you try. Nor will any other mods. You see, I don't believe you will, thus, even though you wish to get banned in order to save face, you won't.

What do you mean you hope??? Go to his ****ing house and do it yourself. That built-in excuse in the lamest one I have ever heard.

I am sure you are considering making the video, considering whether or not you wish to end your little charade or not.

I am just going to sit back and wait for the video now.

Hey Narc, I will take your's and Belial's presence online and no video to mean there isn't one. That's too bad, really.

Ok, try this one, take a picture of yourself standing next to a t-bar loaded with 10 45s in the manner you have described. That should be rather simple. If you do that, then I will admit that I was wrong about loading 10 plates.

***********Bottom line, you have a story for everything, yet much of what you claim does not add up. You pulled me into this, now I will bow back out. If people on this site choose to believe you, or that you are even real, that is up to them.

To me, the only funny part is that people believe this crap.

Post videos, post pics, of him and yourself. Then, I, and anyone else will have nothing to say.

Mystic Eric
04-02-2003, 01:27 AM
Well I guess the reason Christ was so skeptical is because while you are very big, you are not at 20%. I'd say closer to 30%. 330 @ 20% is A LOT bigger than 330 @ 30%. But nonetheless, you are real, and you are a big strong guy.

Maki Riddington
04-02-2003, 01:35 AM
QUOTE]Originally posted by Narcissus
maki: i never bragged about anything. i simply posted what i do. mason said i am not real, and that i should post a video w/ alex in it, doing what i claimed to do, or "shut my mouth forever". so i posted the video, doing what i claimed to do, with alex in it. that was the sole purpose of the video. are you that dense that it appears that i am bragging? [/QUOTE]

*** Lol, well I figured someone would take offense to my remarks. Narc, you did not brag about this lift, however underneath it all I believe you were trying to show boat a bit with this video. That is the reason for my comment.

Let me say this as well, you have a rotten attitude, it stinks and it's smelling up this site. But, I'm sure you're a pleasant person to be around. It's just that your online persona needs a check up.

"My guess, and that of others, is right around 20%. And, please bear in mind, my 20% @ 322 is much, much more impressive than any of your single digits at what, 150-200? And, lest you think that i do not taper, my chest measures 60", while my waist measures 38". "

Oh and btw, for those of you who are putting some of us down because we are simply voicing what we feel is the truth, you need to get your heads examined. It's not because I dislike Narc, I don't even know him. And no it's not jealousy, nor does it stem from a lack of education. It's called being opinionated. I did not insult him or his lift. I just shared my point of view on his lifting technique.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Lol, well I figured someone would take offense to my remarks. Narc, you did not brag about this lift, however underneath it all I believe you were trying to show boat a bit with this video. That is the reason for my comment.

how was i trying to showboat?

Let me say this as well, you have a rotten attitude, it stinks and it's smelling up this site. But, I'm sure you're a pleasant person to be around. It's just that your online persona needs a check up.

i act the same exact way in person. the problem is (as alex has mentioned to me many times) is that in person, people see my facial expressions when i make some of the more outlandish remarks that i make.

"My guess, and that of others, is right around 20%. And, please bear in mind, my 20% @ 322 is much, much more impressive than any of your single digits at what, 150-200? And, lest you think that i do not taper, my chest measures 60", while my waist measures 38".

yes, i did say that. you will notice that i said guess twice, and mentioned that it was not only my own guess, but that of several others. as for the arrogant part, since you and other mods are the only ones with permission to access that thread, would you say that i was unprovoked in saying what i did? from what i recall of the posts preceding that, i had more than sufficient provocation to "cop an attitude".

Maki Riddington
04-02-2003, 02:13 AM
*** Note, I said I "felt" that you were show boating. I can not prove it and even if I'm on track I doubt you would admit I was correct in my assumption.

"yes, i did say that. you will notice that i said guess twice, and mentioned that it was not only my own guess, but that of several others. as for the arrogant part, since you and other mods are the only ones with permission to access that thread, would you say that i was unprovoked in saying what i did? from what i recall of the posts preceding that, i had more than sufficient provocation to "cop an attitude"."

*** Narc, you were called out, deal with it like a big boy. If you can't handle it then that's fine just say so. But copping an attitude cause you can't control your emotions because someone who's never met you doesn't believe your story is another thing.

Oh and btw, I'd say your sitting at 30%. Of course you could do us all a favor and lift up your shirt for us to take a gander at next time you shoot a video.

Good night. :)

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 02:18 AM
But copping an attitude cause you can't control your emotions because someone who's never met you doesn't believe your story is another thing.

wow, this sounds remarkably similar to another situation. i truly love the irony of what you wrote.

i wonder if threatening to ban someone because you do not believe his lifts (or that he is real, i.e. his story) would fall under your above statement.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 02:24 AM
Oh and btw, I'd say your sitting at 30%. Of course you could do us all a favor and lift up your shirt for us to take a gander at next time you shoot a video.

now, again, i do not know where i am at, regarding BF%. however, i am curious to know how you, and eric, were able to determine my bodyfat by watching a video of me and looking at a couple pictures of me, in which i had on a baggy shirt, and baggy shorts. i assume there must be some criteria that you were looking for? or perhaps you know of a visual test you could inform me of?

let it be known, i am not saying that i am not at 30%. i very well could be. i just want to know how you were able to arrive at this conclusion with such mediocre evidence presented to you.

finally, just because your insults are subtle and mine are overt does not mean that yours are not insults. this is twice now that you have edited your original post to slip in a final sentence that is meant to get under my skin.

Joe Black
04-02-2003, 02:45 AM
I say lets all calm down a little bit.

This video was taken to show that Narc EXISTED. He clearly does.

So lets move on from this and remember everyone here is striving for the same thing. To better themselves and help out each other in the process ;)

xraygirl
04-02-2003, 03:55 AM
:withstupi
Considering that most men couldn't get that much weight off of the floor without snapping their vertebral column, I'm not gonna criticize this dude.

Rock
04-02-2003, 04:36 AM
looks good to me, awesome weight!

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-02-2003, 04:38 AM
I actually agree w/ Eric on this.

The max i've ever done on BB rows is 2 plates and a 5k plate either side, but if i was doing them like that, i reckon i may be able to hold 3 plates a side for about 4 reps.

Slowmo
04-02-2003, 04:56 AM
Well, I think Narcissus proved himself right with this one. Good job.

MonStar
04-02-2003, 05:05 AM
GREAT job Narc on those rows.

Look friggin' intense. As to your form theyre standard Yates style rows. I cannot believe that anyone is giving you a hard time about them. Thats similar to how I do them, except I thnik my arms are a bit longer extending my ROM a good bit. But other than that, looks great. Standing near upright is how Yates rows are done. Keep up the hard work man!

Alex looks completely different than I imagined him. Not in a bad way, looks very large indeed. Shoulders look very wide Belial, I am the same way. I have the shoulder width of some guys 30-40 lbs. heavier than me.

Pup
04-02-2003, 06:33 AM
I didn't get to see the row pic, but i did check out the back pic and you look like a monster, i too am curious about the estimated bodyfat thing because i see lats that flare in, without being able to see love-handles sticking out or anything, regardless of your bodyfat you are huge.

As hulk said prior, the guy proved he exists, get off his case.

galileo
04-02-2003, 06:42 AM
Wow, he does is exist! Now, that must mean someone is wrong...

Hey Alex, is that a unitard with pants over it? I bet it is! I bet it is, big guy! YEEEEE-AH! UNI-RETARD!

And to everybody else, that guy's neck is thicker than most of your thighs, so I wouldn't be so quick to judge methods.

the doc
04-02-2003, 06:55 AM
man i miss wilson rec... you guys look like you're having so much fun!!

MonStar
04-02-2003, 07:03 AM
Has mason responded to this thread yet?

Curious to see what he thinks of the form, etc.

Paul Stagg
04-02-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Hulk
So lets move on from this and remember everyone here is striving for the same thing. To better themselves and help out each other in the process ;)

Just in case anyone missed it the first time.

Sheik
04-02-2003, 07:53 AM
Narc: thats alot of weight. point proven!

good job

chris mason
04-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Ok, he obviously exists, so that part is proven (proven enough for me).

He is also a big guy, and I think his rows are impressive.

I also think the video proves that my suspicions were correct. He is not exactly what he represented himself to be. His bodyfat looks to be significantly more than he and others had guessed it to be.

As to the form on the rows, there is a big difference between his form and what I did, obviously. For me, I am not a big fan of that form, and it is different that what Dorian did. That being said, he is obviously very strong, and there are not that many people that could row with that weight using that form.

So, in the end, he exists, he looks nothing like the mental picture he painted in my mind, and he is a quite strong guy.

One more thing, judging by his physique and apparent bodyfat, I might just believe he was natural up to this point, might.

ElPietro
04-02-2003, 08:56 AM
Well, I haven't seen the video yet, I'll wait till I get home. But I will say I'm pretty disappointed in a lot of people's attitudes in this thread. The guy had something going with Chris, and that's fine, he has done what Chris asked to prove himself, which really he didn't need to but did anyway.

But he never claimed to be lean, he never claimed his bf% was accurate, and probably was underestimated. He never claimed that his form was strict. So eric or mak or whoever else, I don't know why you guys keep bringing up the form or bf% issue, when he's never claimed to be using form that you may approve of, or have had his measurement taken for bodyfat levels. It just seems kinda low class. He did everything he said he would, he is pretty much what he said he was, sure everyone probably has at some point underestimated their bodyfat. But some of you guys are coming in, and instead of either admitting you were wrong, or giving him positive comments on what I'm sure is an impressive lift, you sorta go with these negative "nickel and dime" comments, that really just continue the argument, and then accuse him of having a poor attitude.

I've pretty much stayed out of this, but I think if you guys were in his position, you'd probably have reacted similar or with worse attitude than this guy has.

You can always believe or not believe, or call people out, but they really don't have to prove themselves. I'm glad we probably scare off a good majority of the bullsh!tters, but I'd hate for us to start scaring off the legit behemoths that probably have a lot of experience and training knowledge to share.

Sorry, just wanted to add that as my views on this, as an outsider to all this controversy.

ElPietro
04-02-2003, 08:57 AM
Oh, and to clarify this wasn't directed at Chris in any way. Hopefully you guys can get along better, and then we'll have a few huge strong guys brains to pick.

WillKuenzel
04-02-2003, 09:04 AM
LMAO, at the guys sitting on the benches and watching. Hell, I'd be doing the same thing. :)

As for the form, I don't think there is anything wrong with that range of motion. He doesn't have to move his biceps and get that really long ROM. When I concentrate on moving my lats its by moving my elbows that I notice my lats doing the most work. If you keep your arms slightly bent and take out the bicep movement then the ROM is going to be less. Narc might not be going all the way down to get a full stretch but it looks like his elbows come up and back enough to get a good contraction.

With being said its not the best form for a newbie to start using but as people progress they realize that different things work for them. Its best to start out using good form but if heavier weight helps people respond better then that's the direction they go. If perfect form works best for you then use it. We are all individuals. Chris uses different form, Narc uses different form, I use different form. Its all part of the mechanics and what we have realized works best for us.

Everything else aside, if Narc and Chris could work out their differences then it would be quite a sight to see those 2 guys training together.

Nice job Narc. You're rowing that weight more times than I can deadlift it. :( :D

fuzz
04-02-2003, 09:04 AM
I agree with El P, and what Paul said up above. The more huge guys around here, the better. We don't need all the negative talk that has happened in this thread - Narc proved himself, he's huge, he's strong, fine - if you don't have something constructive to say that don't say anything at all. I can understand why Narc's attitude can rub some ppl the wrong way, but this is a friggin message board - there is no reason to get your panties in a bunch over it.

I haven't seen the video yet, but from the looks of the pics Narc you are doing something right. Keep up the entertaining journal and don't piss off too many mods =).

ryan1117
04-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by HomeYield
LMAO, at the guys sitting on the benches and watching. Hell, I'd be doing the same thing. :)

I actually was surprised that a good number weren't watching. At my gym, everyone is staring if someone goes for 315 on deadlifts let alone 405 rows. I guess that could be due to me only seeing one other person all year able to deadlift 4 plates.

WeakSauceAsian
04-02-2003, 09:16 AM
"finally, just because your insults are subtle and mine are overt does not mean that yours are not insults. this is twice now that you have edited your original post to slip in a final sentence that is meant to get under my skin."

So true. So true.

Excellent points ElP (again).

Great work again, Narc.

biguglyogre
04-02-2003, 09:24 AM
Great job man!

I'd have to take the side of good form.
As these are "Yates Style", your angle is correct. No shoulder or leg movement tells me it's ALL upper back. You seem to be really squeezing out every rep.
No lower back or quads be used here... results?
more weight - less injury - and no one can dispute the size of Yates' back.
Not to mention the ILS you have goin on after - noone can fake that!

Keep liftin man!:p

Black_Curtain
04-02-2003, 09:43 AM
Form looks OK, weight is impressive, really impressive. The guy doesn't look any more than 20%bf, but he does look like a beast.
Belial's shirt is tight.

MrWebb78
04-02-2003, 09:51 AM
is it just me or does Belial look a little bit like Kevin Levrone, in the face that is, with a few more lbs his body can look like his

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by MrWebb78
is it just me or does Belial look a little bit like Kevin Levrone, in the face that is, with a few more lbs his body can look like his

I can see that.

I'm still laughing about the idea of the Uni-tard. Awesome. :D

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 10:05 AM
mason: two questions. did you get to see the picture on page 2 of the 10 plates loaded on the bar. i felt that since i went through the trouble of putting that last one on there, it at least deserves a mention. next, since neither eric nor maki has responded, could you tell me what exactly you are doing/thinking to estimate my BF%. is there some characteristics you are looking for, that are not there? or do you know of some type of visual method for determining through a person's clothing? mind you, i am not saying that i am not near 30%, but i would just like to know what your line of thinking is in coming to that conclusion. appreciate it.

pietro: thank you for understanding the situation and trying to clarify.

ogre: appreciate the comments. what does ILS stand for? i think i am out of the loop on that one.

to everyone with the positive comments, i do appreciate them. thanks.

webb: must have been how he showed up on video, because alex definitely does not look like a monkey in person (implying that kevin levrone does).

Black_Curtain
04-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Btw, belial we all saw how you look like! now post yer pics!

Narc why not take some shots of you posing? then we all could have a better estimation fo your bodyfat.

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 10:14 AM
The video is hard to tell. I'd guess you from 25% and up. Your clothing is a little baggy, that's why it's hard. I'm ASSUMING that you have a gut under there that matches up with your forearms. Your face, forearms, and calves are in line with someone who tends to be a muscular 25-30%. I live with several of them. So when I give my estimate, I'm guessing from people I'm used to.

I know I'm not Mason.

ILS stands for "Imaginary Lat Syndrome", I believe. It's when the cute little 150 pound guys get their pump on and wander around the gym with their arms gorillaed out to the sides, showing the lats they don't have.

Alex.V
04-02-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by galileo

Hey Alex, is that a unitard with pants over it? I bet it is! I bet it is, big guy! YEEEEE-AH! UNI-RETARD!

You know, I was waiting for a comment from you. lol. Dammit, during my deadlift vid there'll be a clearer look at me. And hopefully I'll look even worse, since nobody can look good while deadlifting.

Now, this thread has proven what it was set out to prove. The quibblings on it are hilarious. Can this side-choosing end? We are all on the same team. Except Eric. he is on the other team.

John0101
04-02-2003, 10:16 AM
Ok, Narc is real, and he is big and strong. But how come I feel like there is something that just died after finding out that narc is real?
Anyways, Narc, start cutting, 330 pounds aint healthy.

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 10:18 AM

You know, I was waiting for a comment from you. lol. Dammit, during my deadlift vid there'll be a clearer look at me. And hopefully I'll look even worse, since nobody can look good while deadlifting.

Now, this thread has proven what it was set out to prove. The quibblings on it are hilarious. Can this side-choosing end? We are all on the same team. Except Eric. he is on the other team.

Amen.

ask
04-02-2003, 10:26 AM
Well, Yates style, meaning Narc seems to row with an angle of 70 degrees - but what the f*** is a "Yates grip"? That's how I've seen him do it.

Anyway, Yates rowed with a smooth style and complete ROM, and his poundages were still impressive. I mean, both Chris and Narc had such a minimal TUT, don't you think? The point is; you both are bodybuilders - do you always row with this type of execution? Don't you think that deliberate HIT style would pay off?

However, great job!

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by ask
Well, Yates style, meaning Narc seems to row with an angle of 70 degrees - but what the f*** is a "Yates grip"? That's how I've seen him do it.

Whenever I've seen Yates row he uses a underhand, curl style grip. That's what they mean by a "Yates grip". At one point he tore a bicep doing it, if I remember correctly.

chris mason
04-02-2003, 10:37 AM
mason: two questions. did you get to see the picture on page 2 of the 10 plates loaded on the bar. i felt that since i went through the trouble of putting that last one on there, it at least deserves a mention. next, since neither eric nor maki has responded, could you tell me what exactly you are doing/thinking to estimate my BF%. is there some characteristics you are looking for, that are not there? or do you know of some type of visual method for determining through a person's clothing? mind you, i am not saying that i am not near 30%, but i would just like to know what your line of thinking is in coming to that conclusion. appreciate it.

Lol, ok 10 plates definitely fit on the bar. I was wrong. I would, however, still like to see you rowing 10 plates.

Well, I can get a good idea as to where your gut hangs while you are doing the rows. Your forearms, face, calves, and neck all look very smooth. Those visual cues indicate to me that you are far from lean. If you like, post a pic without your shirt so we can better guess as to your bodyfat %.

chris mason
04-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Borris

Whenever I've seen Yates row he uses a underhand, curl style grip. That's what they mean by a "Yates grip". At one point he tore a bicep doing it, if I remember correctly.

You remember correctly. However, he did use an overhand grip as well, especially after his biceps tear. Again, his ROM was greater than Narc's, he leaner over a bit more and got a greater extension of his arms.

Again, bottom line to me, it is still an impressive set of rows.

ask
04-02-2003, 10:40 AM

Oh, that's what you mean. Thanks for the answer. Now, Boris, I believe Dorian tore his biceps using that precise grip, am I right? Because I do have a pic of him rowing with normal grip.

What's the pros and cons of this "Yates grip"? Mason, anyone?

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 10:42 AM

You remember correctly. However, he did use an overhand grip as well, especially after his biceps tear. Again, his ROM was greater than Narc's, he leaner over a bit more and got a greater extension of his arms.

Again, bottom line to me, it is still an impressive set of rows.

I wondered about the overhand grip thing. I can't remember seeing him that way (though I haven't seen a lot of Yates rowing), but it made sense after the bicep tear.

ask
04-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Damn, you already answered my ?. Nice. So, is there something special about that grip?

I don't agree on "leaning more", though.

And yes, when watching you guys row people forget that regardless of style and execution, these are some huge lifts, huge poundages.

chris mason
04-02-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by ask

Anyway, Yates rowed with a smooth style and complete ROM, and his poundages were still impressive. I mean, both Chris and Narc had such a minimal TUT, don't you think? The point is; you both are bodybuilders - do you always row with this type of execution? Don't you think that deliberate HIT style would pay off?

However, great job!

You really cannot compare my rows to his. We both used our legs a bit, I had a bit more lower back heave. My ROM was much greater. Watch the videos, two very different movements.

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by ask

What's the pros and cons of this "Yates grip"? Mason, anyone?

It tends to bring the bar lower on your body and shorten the range of motion. It's slightly less awkward at heavy weight as your arms don't tend to fold in on themselves as much.

I personally don't like it, I feel that it mostly engages my traps (my anatomy). Two of my training partners swear by it, they feel it allows them to go heavier and hit their back complex harder. Different strokes...

I use a Yates style stance (I'm lower than Narc, with about six or eight inches more ROM, but it it gives you an idea), but I use an overhand grip.

galileo
04-02-2003, 10:46 AM

Well the only way I'll believe it's really you is if you deadlift wearing one of those leotards with the neckless sweatshirts over top of them like in the Olivia Newton John Video "Let's Get Physical." If you forget the headband and leg warmers, everyone will consider you a liar.

http://www.onlyolivia.com/pix/80s/81_physical_111.jpg

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by galileo

Well the only way I'll believe it's really you is if you deadlift wearing one of those leotards with the neckless sweatshirts over top of them like in the Olivia Newton John Video "Let's Get Physical." If you forget the headband and leg warmers, everyone will consider you a liar.

Wow. That's all I have to say. Wow.

galileo
04-02-2003, 10:50 AM
Here's a nice still from the video, if I may. Shows the contrast between a 330, 230, and 130lb guy.

Sayiajin Prince
04-02-2003, 10:51 AM
i dont flame anyone for cheating when bb rowing a huge weight, its not like deadlifting, the human body isnt meant to stabalize in such a position. bb rowing such a huge weight that is like 2x ur bodyweight deserves superb props

ask
04-02-2003, 10:56 AM
Chris, I never compared you two. I checked it again; your ROM is great, but the TUT is what I was on. Would you care to drop a comment on this, 'cos it puzzles me. TUT is a great factor in hypertophy.

Maki Riddington
04-02-2003, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Narcissus
[B]

now, again, i do not know where i am at, regarding BF%. however, i am curious to know how you, and eric, were able to determine my bodyfat by watching a video of me and looking at a couple pictures of me, in which i had on a baggy shirt, and baggy shorts. i assume there must be some criteria that you were looking for? or perhaps you know of a visual test you could inform me of?

*** I can tell because I see guys like yourself quite often. Although I "eyeballed" your physique, based upon my experience I would not be suprised if you were at sitting around 30%. Now if you decide to get a dunk test or a caliper test you can feel free to prove me wrong. One other thing, I won't ask for you to post a picture of your bodyfat results with some sort of ID verifying it is actually you.;)

finally, just because your insults are subtle and mine are overt does not mean that yours are not insults. this is twice now that you have edited your original post to slip in a final sentence that is meant to get under my skin.

*** Lol, I'd take a closer look at your posts before you try to pull the speck out of my eye Narc.

JustinF
04-02-2003, 11:10 AM
I'm either stupid or missing the obvious. Somebody please enlighten me, TUT??

ElPietro
04-02-2003, 11:11 AM
ILS stands for "Imaginary Lat Syndrome", I believe. It's when the cute little 150 pound guys get their pump on and wander around the gym with their arms gorillaed out to the sides, showing the lats they don't have.

Your terminology is slightly askew here. The proper term is ILSS, for "Imaginary Lat Spread Syndrome." And yes, this is when the little f*ckers walk around with their arms stretched back, flaring out their non-existent lats, and sorta rotate their torsos back and forth as they walk. Usually after a set of biceps curls/spinal erector hypers. :p

ElPietro
04-02-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by JustinF
I'm either stupid or missing the obvious. Somebody please enlighten me, TUT??

TUT = Time Under Tension

gino
Short advantageous range of motion, but still a great powerful lift. Much more than I could do even if I comprimized my form. You're a big strong mofo.

...and I noticed folks talking about Glen Chabot in this thread too. I'm friends with him and worked out with him many times. He's a freak and he's one of the few people who I really think is legitimately crazy that's not in a nut-house. His addictions will kill him at a young age though unfortunately, but he doesn't care.

Neil
I always thought it stood for "inflated lat syndrome."

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ElPietro

Your terminology is slightly askew here. The proper term is ILSS, for "Imaginary Lat Spread Syndrome."

It must be a Canadian thing to add the "spread". ;)

ElPietro
04-02-2003, 11:19 AM
Pfft!

ILSS Thread (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=5905)

Edit: Having read through that old thread, I am lmao at the memory of Reinier's nickname being "Pubes." :p

Silverback
04-02-2003, 11:29 AM
B you are a god!

that is totally how i pictured you! :)

Are you bulking at the moment? cos i would be seriously happy with that size :D

good work bro

B-R

Maki Riddington
04-02-2003, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ElPietro
[B] But he never claimed to be lean, he never claimed his bf% was accurate, and probably was underestimated. He never claimed that his form was strict. So eric or mak or whoever else, I don't know why you guys keep bringing up the form or bf% issue, when he's never claimed to be using form that you may approve of, or have had his measurement taken for bodyfat levels. It just seems kinda low class. He did everything he said he would, he is pretty much what he said he was, sure everyone probably has at some point underestimated their bodyfat. But some of you guys are coming in, and instead of either admitting you were wrong, or giving him positive comments on what I'm sure is an impressive lift, you sorta go with these negative "nickel and dime" comments, that really just continue the argument, and then accuse him of having a poor attitude.

*** His second post if I remeber correctly came off as rather arrogant and yes he had something going with Chris. But that does not mean those of us who have chosen to remian silent can not voice our opinions. I voiced it in the begginnning and I've done so now.

As for my remarks on his form, technique and bodyfat levels, I will say this. I said it was a "big" lift. I did not say that it was a mediocre lift or a small one. I also said that if this is the type of form that makes one grow then great. Is that not what I said?

I also think that people read over posts in haste and react to the post on first emotion. You have to keep in mind that this is the internet, maybe we should all take some time to let what has been said sink in and then reply asking if they've misinterpretated
the post?

I've pretty much stayed out of this, but I think if you guys were in his position, you'd probably have reacted similar or with worse attitude than this guy has.

*** Don't make judgements about someone you do not know. You do not know me and therefore you do not know how I would react? Maybe you would have reacted this way but don't use that as a means to justify how others might feel.

You can always believe or not believe, or call people out, but they really don't have to prove themselves. I'm glad we probably scare off a good majority of the bullsh!tters, but I'd hate for us to start scaring off the legit behemoths that probably have a lot of experience and training knowledge to share.

*** No they don't, however they should be prepared to put up with those of us who do not believe EXACTLY what they claim to be or do.

chris mason
04-02-2003, 11:40 AM
Narc, your behavior here, irrespective of me and whether or not I believe your lifts, has been more than enough to get you banned. Your attitude and comments alone should do the trick. Why not be such an ass and contribute?

MrWebb78
04-02-2003, 11:43 AM
he seemed to be alot more pleasant lately in regards to the mods, i dont see why we need to keep bringing up behavior every 3 posts, thatll only make it worse.

chris mason
04-02-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by MrWebb78
he seemed to be alot more pleasant lately in regards to the mods, i dont see why we need to keep bringing up behavior every 3 posts, thatll only make it worse.

Because he made a comment about it. If he wants to being it up, it will be discussed.

chris mason
04-02-2003, 12:10 PM
By the way, Narc and B, my offer still stands for dinner and training. We have a local Golds, you guys could bring the camera, I think it would be cool. Narc, you've said some nasty stuff to me, I doubted you, why not let bygones be bygones.

Alex.V
04-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Well, I can't speak for Matt. I know that he was pretty damn offended, but... this thing kinda got way outtacontrol. I'm willing to take you up on the offer, I wouldn't mind seeing if we could wreck all the bars and use all the plates in the gym simultaneously...

Bam Bam
04-02-2003, 12:26 PM
i for one am impressed

supirman
04-02-2003, 12:27 PM
I like the onslaught of videos that are popping up on this site.... see what i started? lol

Anyway, no doubt narc is a strong dude. I tend to think that form is good as long as it gets you to grow. So he doesn't use a large ROM, who gives a ****? He does what works for him.

Now on the other side of the wall, Narc, from what I've read, you seem to think you're a God of some type. Those lifts were impressive, but not THAT impressive. I never do any type of barbell rows, but I'm pretty sure I could do the same type of rows you did with the same (or very close) weights.

All in all, you proved your point that you exist and you proved that you are definitely strong. btw, I'm on your side in this b/c I too was doubted and was forced to shut people up by posting videos...

chris mason
04-02-2003, 12:31 PM
...and I defended your form on the video, did I not?

supirman
04-02-2003, 12:33 PM
chris, that wasn't meant to bash anybody(or you). I was just saying that I know how he feels in lashing out and being an assh0le towards everybody....

chris mason
04-02-2003, 12:37 PM
I understand, but there is a difference, you definitely handled things differetly.

I can understand someone not liking/being mad at me when I question them, but he has acted very poorly in general, not just towards me. Hopefully that is water under the bridge now.

supirman
04-02-2003, 12:39 PM
I understand, but there is a difference, you definitely handled things differetly.

You do have a very good point there. While I'm sure I replied with smart ass comments, I'm sure I did not come out and be blatantly harsh towards everybody....

Magnus
04-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Supirman where are your vids?

supirman
04-02-2003, 12:47 PM
They were posted back in the beginning of feb....

here's one... http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27120

and the other...http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27046

I'm stronger now, but lacking a cam to record any more.

Herc
04-02-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Hulk
I say lets all calm down a little bit.

This video was taken to show that Narc EXISTED. He clearly does.

Bump

ericg
04-02-2003, 02:39 PM
I think it would be great to see all three of you train together - you could put on a clinic. Are we all invited?

Nice vid Narc. :thumbup:

EdgeCrusher
04-02-2003, 03:18 PM
I had no doubts Narc was real, but you're definitely over 20% BF. I am eyeballing it with the basis im a bit lower than 20% BF (about 18%) and you look like you have a fair deal more fat than I. No big deal though, as you said, you'll be cutting when you get "big enough." I do recommend you get your blood pressure (and body fat %) checked, because I think my BP would be higher if I weighed as much and ate as much as you did.

Frozenmoses
04-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Narc: You're a giant. Awesome strength, man. Truly inspiring.

Chris Rodgers
04-02-2003, 04:19 PM
You are a huge mofo.

I don't like that exercise at all. I definitely think that when you know what you are doing you can get a lot out of cheating(as far as strength and muscle stimulation) but were you sliding the bar up and down your legs? That's weird.

I really don't care either way. You are a huge and strong mofo. How much can you deadlift?

PS- what's with the straps? :p

Chris Rodgers
04-02-2003, 04:22 PM
BTW, LMAO@ all the people benching in the background! I count at least 4 benches and they are all in use. I'm sure the racks were packed with people squatting too, lol.

voodazz
04-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Nice. Even though you look like a pirate with that bandanna on.

Buff
04-02-2003, 05:18 PM
C'mon on guys, lets just smack each other on the asses and give a little chuckle then smile and get along. Lets push things foward! :)

AlexR
04-02-2003, 07:25 PM
Pure power.... very inspiring

Hercule
04-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Holy sh......

WillKuenzel
04-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by MonkeyBoy
This is some of the lamest crap I have ever read on the net, a few of you are truely pathetic. Some of you reinforce the hate I have for people who go to the gym in their tight shirts and stupid banana's...it's pretty funny.....sliding a bar up your legs is not lifting regardless of how much weight it is... LOL, you can tell he ain't sliding it up his leg because his shorts don't move. Its close but not like that.

AlexR
04-02-2003, 08:03 PM
MonkeyBoy.... let the size of his lats be the answer to your doubts.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 08:07 PM
Well, I can get a good idea as to where your gut hangs while you are doing the rows. Your forearms, face, calves, and neck all look very smooth. Those visual cues indicate to me that you are far from lean. If you like, post a pic without your shirt so we can better guess as to your bodyfat %.

i definitely understand about my belly. as you can tell by my drawing in your thread, it was fairly accurate. now still, i am not saying that i am not 30%, but is there a way to distinguish between looking smooth because of fat and looking smooth because of water. as i am sure you understand, 40mg dbol/day does not exactly keep the water off.
there will be no pictures with my shirt off until i am under 15%, or perhaps at the end of my cycle (including the clen/eca stack i have planned).

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ask
I don't agree on "leaning more", though.

i agree, based on my limited visual observations of yates' rows. i have seen 1 video of him rowing, and several (maybe 4) pictures, and he seems to be at the exact same height as i. of course, i could be wrong, as i have not been overexposed to his rows.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 08:15 PM
...why not let bygones be bygones.

because i hold grudges. i hold vendettas. i may forget many kind, encouraging things that are said to me - but i never forget the unkind, discouraging things.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by supirman
I like the onslaught of videos that are popping up on this site.... see what i started? lol

Anyway, no doubt narc is a strong dude. I tend to think that form is good as long as it gets you to grow. So he doesn't use a large ROM, who gives a ****? He does what works for him.

Now on the other side of the wall, Narc, from what I've read, you seem to think you're a God of some type. Those lifts were impressive, but not THAT impressive. I never do any type of barbell rows, but I'm pretty sure I could do the same type of rows you did with the same (or very close) weights.

All in all, you proved your point that you exist and you proved that you are definitely strong. btw, I'm on your side in this b/c I too was doubted and was forced to shut people up by posting videos...

as you seemed to imply, you are not very familiar with your posts. as i am sure even mason can verify, i never touted my lifts as being impressive (i do not think that they are impressive). i have (and do) however think that my body (not my lifts) is impressive, especially considering that i have gained 160 lbs now in a little over 3 years, with only 4 weeks of a cycle so far.

for the rest of your post, thank you.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 08:45 PM
...and I defended your form on the video, did I not?

yes you did. i appreciate that. i did, however, figure that you would - because, out of most people on the board, i am sure you would understand my standpoint that strict form is not always the best form depending upon where you are in regards to your training.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 08:48 PM

I can understand someone not liking/being mad at me when I question them, but he has acted very poorly in general, not just towards me. Hopefully that is water under the bridge now.

yes, i read through that thread awhile ago (supirman's), and he certainly was better at holding his tongue than i am. also, the only people to whom i have acted poorly i believe deserved every comment i made.

Gyno Rhino
04-02-2003, 08:48 PM
you decided to chime in with the nice fecal matter

Just WHAT is your damage, boy?

Let it go.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by EdgeCrusher
I do recommend you get your blood pressure (and body fat %) checked, because I think my BP would be higher if I weighed as much and ate as much as you did.

i had my blood pressure measured twice four weeks ago. both measurements were 120 over 78.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
Just WHAT is your damage, boy?

...you have a sick and twisted world perspective.

love that movie.

Gyno Rhino
04-02-2003, 08:51 PM
You like sheep?

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by LATMAN
You are a huge mofo.

I don't like that exercise at all. I definitely think that when you know what you are doing you can get a lot out of cheating(as far as strength and muscle stimulation) but were you sliding the bar up and down your legs? That's weird.

I really don't care either way. You are a huge and strong mofo. How much can you deadlift?

PS- what's with the straps? :p

no, i was not sliding the bar up and down my legs. as homeyield pointed out, if i were sliding the bar, you would certainly at least see the fabric on my shorts moving (especially when considering that my board shorts surely have a much higher coefficient of friction than, say, basketball or soccer shorts).

last saturday i stiff-legged 545. i do not do the other types of deadlifts.

the straps are because my grip is not strong enough to hold the weight for reps.

edit: i miscredited homeyield's explanation to el pietro.

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
You like sheep?

"would you fuk a sheep?"

-cut to our two previous quotes

"no, you're misunderstanding me, prince valiant. i mean, if you were a sheep, would you fuk another sheep if you were a sheep?"

"oh, in that case, you bet your ass i would."

"thought so.

hey, this guy's not one of us! he said he'd fuk a sheep!"

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Buff
C'mon on guys, lets just smack each other on the asses and give a little chuckle then smile and get along. Lets push things foward! :)

wow, i think you would be hard-pressed to fit more gay double-meanings into that post. jeez.

Maki Riddington
04-02-2003, 08:58 PM

as i said in my journal when you decided to chime in with the nice fecal matter that is your opinion: i do not want to say your opinion is worthless. but hey - it is what it is.

*** Narc, you are being quite childish and are resorting to putting words in my mouth. If you have nothing further to say then don't say anything at all.

I don't have anything against you, I don't think less of you and I do not dislike you. Ok?

Narcissus
04-02-2003, 08:59 PM
This is some of the lamest crap I have ever read on the net, a few of you are truely pathetic. Some of you reinforce the hate I have for people who go to the gym in their tight shirts and stupid banana's...it's pretty funny.....sliding a bar up your legs is not lifting regardless of how much weight it is...

sure. if only rolling the bar back and forth on my chest could give me the same benefits it has given me for my lats. idiot.

Maki Riddington
04-02-2003, 09:01 PM
This is some of the lamest crap I have ever read on the net, a few of you are truely pathetic. Some of you reinforce the hate I have for people who go to the gym in their tight shirts and stupid banana's...it's pretty funny.....sliding a bar up your legs is not lifting regardless of how much weight it is...

*** You could have picked kinder words to display your dislike for Narc?

Manveet
04-02-2003, 09:09 PM
lol @ this thread

Form was not good.

The lift was still impressive.

Narc you are a big guy.

That is all.

chris mason
04-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Ok, I took some time and cleaned up this thread. If you want the thread to remain active, we need to keep it clean. This includes mods and members.

I, for one, would like it to remain up.

Tryska
04-03-2003, 10:06 AM
i wish you hadn't deleted my post out chris, nothing i said was remotely negative. i understand you rarely appreciate my opinion, however, a little common courtesy would be appreciated.

narc- what i wanted to say to you is important nugh for me to re-post it, so that you can see it.

i am really sorry that people here chose to be skeptical of you and your accomplishments, and still choose to give you hassle. I've been watching all these goings on fro a bit, and whilst you are a bit testy at times, i don't think you are the asshole many claim you are. i think because you are big (bf irrelevant), and strong (form irrelevant) and a bit of a jackass (that's a compliment), some have felt threatened.

you did a fine job of proving you are who you say you are, even tho, you really didn't have to do that.

MrWebb78
04-03-2003, 10:09 AM
i think Tryska has a crush on somebody

Tryska
04-03-2003, 10:10 AM
i do, and it's you!!!

come give me some sugar.....

(NOW b!tch.)

Narcissus
04-03-2003, 10:24 AM
mason: thank you.

tryska: thank you.

the doc
04-03-2003, 10:29 AM
nice strength man!

i tell you something bro. enjoy the excellent facilities of wilson rec whilst you still can. That is one of the finest exercise centers i have used and i wish i was still there to use them and work out with you fellas.

keep up the hard work and lose the bananas:D

chris mason
04-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
i wish you hadn't deleted my post out chris, nothing i said was remotely negative. i understand you rarely appreciate my opinion, however, a little common courtesy would be appreciated.

narc- what i wanted to say to you is important nugh for me to re-post it, so that you can see it.

i am really sorry that people here chose to be skeptical of you and your accomplishments, and still choose to give you hassle. I've been watching all these goings on fro a bit, and whilst you are a bit testy at times, i don't think you are the asshole many claim you are. i think because you are big (bf irrelevant), and strong (form irrelevant) and a bit of a jackass (that's a compliment), some have felt threatened.

you did a fine job of proving you are who you say you are, even tho, you really didn't have to do that.

I deleted it because it was inflammatory, which we are now trying to avoid in this thread. This reworded post is much less so and gets across your point, bravo.

Tryska
04-03-2003, 10:45 AM
reworded because i had to paraphrase the original. whatever i said before still stands, inflammatory or not, but it's a moot point now. i understand what you are trying to do tho.

Narcissus
04-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by the doc
nice strength man!

i tell you something bro. enjoy the excellent facilities of wilson rec whilst you still can. That is one of the finest exercise centers i have used and i wish i was still there to use them and work out with you fellas.

keep up the hard work and lose the bananas:D

eh, wilson is okay, especially for a university gym. it does not compare to university of florida's Southwest gym.

no more bananas for me, i shaved my head the night i made the video.

Narcissus
04-03-2003, 10:51 AM
tryska or mason: was it inflammatory towards me or someone else?

Tryska
04-03-2003, 10:55 AM
i didn't think it was inflammatory at all, but basically it was what i said up top.

Skillz
04-03-2003, 04:28 PM
narc, your strength means nothing!

know why??

because IN JAIL, U'LL BE THE PIE

j/p

:D :D :D :D :D just had to say that, one of my fav movies ever lol

Skillz

ps - U R THE ONES THAT R THE BALL LICKERS! lol

BigMatt
04-03-2003, 06:13 PM
belial your big man Nice shape btw! :thumbup:

Reinier
04-04-2003, 07:22 AM
That does not look like any form of row to me. great strength regardless. very small rom and high degree angle of the spine, as well as glute and quad help. but yes still exceptional at that.

Belial looks great

Sayiajin Prince
04-04-2003, 10:20 AM
i could not see belial in the vid, where is this midget everyone keeps talking about. he is not in the vid

jk:p

Hercule
04-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Good lord. I just saw the vid. Amazing. ROM isn't that great, but thats still awesome. I didn't realise Belial was so big. Also, I can't really see you that well, but you resemble Kevin James(King Of Queens).

Praetorian
04-06-2003, 03:23 PM
lol you trying to be suave on that pic?

Narcissus
04-06-2003, 03:30 PM
:confused:

no, it was taken a few months ago before i went to work one night. i had pink eye in my right eye though, that is why it looks somewhat swollen.

Praetorian
04-06-2003, 03:38 PM
my bad then. too much grape juice on me.

Narcissus
04-06-2003, 03:40 PM
:thumbup:

Hercule
04-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Your right, you don't. LoL, I just coudln't get a very clear view of you in the vid. Although, you do look pretty mean in that pic....don't know if you were going for sexy or mean though, heh.

Narcissus
04-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Hercule
...you do look pretty mean in that pic....don't know if you were going for sexy or mean though, heh.

i was going for more of "goddamn it my eye is killing me and i do not want to go to work tonight" kind of look. :)

Scott Norton
04-18-2003, 06:02 AM
horrible form on the "rows", looks more like a shrug! I'd hate to see what the set with 495 looked like...

Narcissus
04-18-2003, 08:03 AM
:rolleyes:

Joe Black
04-19-2003, 02:08 AM
Its ok our friend Scott has decided not to post with us anymore.

Not by choice either.....

GonePostal
04-19-2003, 02:13 AM
Scratch number.... what ever another "rodent" down.

smalls
04-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Hell yeah, thanks hulk.

btw the rows are sic bro.

Beast
04-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Yeah, that's an awesome strip set you did! You're strong like bull.

And Belial is freakin huge, too.

Ironman8
04-24-2003, 06:39 PM
Nice form Narc!

Xg74
04-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Hey Narcissus, do you feel your rowing style in your lats pretty well? I ask because I am looking for rowing form that works lats more than other muscles (or just to a greater degree). Can't row everyday so I thought I would ask. ;)

GhettoSmurf
04-24-2003, 07:52 PM
great job with the rows narc. ill have to play the video before i go to the gym tomarrow and get myself pumped up :D

Shankerr
04-24-2003, 10:04 PM
hmmm, someone took my post about Belial down, thats no fun :( Oh well, I guess I'll just tell him the same thing on MSN instead

Narcissus
04-25-2003, 03:15 AM
smalls, ndbeast: thanks.

ironman: thanks. though you better keep that to yourself - otherwise there will be another onslaught of posts from the sailor and his reacharound captain to let all the readers know that my form is not perfect.

xg: yes, i feel them primarily in my lats, and secondarily in my rhomboids and lower traps. i concentrate on the contraction, and feel that it has worked quite well for me. that being said, if you want to work on the lats almost exclusively, you may benefit more from bending over more and letting your arms drop more than i do.

ghettosmurf: thanks. hope it gets up pumped. if i were you though, i would invest in one of the battle for the olympia videos. they never fail to get me psyched for a lift.

CB
04-27-2003, 05:54 AM
Damn...thats some insane rowing...at least when compared to me. That is awsome strength though Narc. Get's me pumped just watching it. I assume the position you are in makes it a bit easier on your lower back right? Hmm...I think I might try it your way to give my lower back a break.

GIS
05-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Wow, Belial actually showed his mug on WBB. I think that's the most groundbreaking thing in all of this.

That's great strength. For those who are criticizing his form, I'd like to see you even pick up 405 like he did before doing a single rep.

The angle of his torso is fine and most people use that even with light weight. Furthermore, his range of motion is not that bad especially when you consider that the range of motion SHOULDN'T be too long with rows. What I mean by this is if you extend your arms completely you will be integrating your forearms, biceps, and shoulders to get the weight moving. By keeping the arms bent it is easier to use the lats to move most of the weight. It comes down to the whole theory of leading with the elbows and keeping arm movement to a minimum.

Nice work Narc... I think you're a flamboyant piece of crap but strong nonetheless. :D ;)

Teflon Siege
05-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Thats a tight video, awesome lifts! Big back bro, keep up the hard work.

WestyHeadbanger
05-21-2003, 12:10 AM
Back the f*ck up.

Uirapuru
05-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Ehhmmm, it was very interesting this thread. Of course, "Narcissus" is a very appropriate nick. Let me know when it will be finished, that will be a very amusing novel! :) :) :)

By the way: I do not know anything about bodybuilding, but I think in some weeks this guy will be "walking" on a wheelchair.

ask
05-28-2003, 03:57 AM
How so?

HahnB
05-28-2003, 05:43 PM
I think it's stupid to argue about form when he's rowing a **** load of weight for a ton of reps.

Alex.V
05-28-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Uirapuru

I do not know anything about bodybuilding

Well said.

Budiak
05-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Yes! Please Uirapuru, tell us more.

Narcissus
05-31-2003, 12:12 AM
uirapuru: why, exactly, will i be walking on a wheelchair in a few weeks?

ask
05-31-2003, 03:58 AM
I guess he means, eh, that rowing puts too much stress on your back. Guy should just stay home and in bed: would be safe enough.

chris mason
05-31-2003, 11:09 AM
uirapuru: why, exactly, will i be walking on a wheelchair in a few weeks?

You must resist the urge Narc.

Behemoth
05-31-2003, 11:17 AM
Whoa, narc's unbanned? :cool:

Narcissus
05-31-2003, 12:47 PM

You must resist the urge Narc.

i know - i was just curious if he thought that i would end up in a wheelchair because of the form of the rows, or from using "heavy" weight, or from doing that exercise period. judging from his views on creatine and such, i just wanted to ascertain whether it was because of something outlandish.

97muscle
11-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Hey man you are freakin huge, I couldn't open the vids but your body shows me enough. I would like to see whats under the shirt, but I understand that you are cutting. I would have to say that if I were that big I wouldn't give a sh** what anyone says. Good Job

[[[----]]]
11-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Hey man you are freakin huge, I couldn't open the vids but your body shows me enough. I would like to see whats under the shirt, but I understand that you are cutting. I would have to say that if I were that big I wouldn't give a sh** what anyone says. Good Job

lol, man I just read this thread from like p.3-last one. Wow, i missed a lot of action. Awesome pics Narc. Definately huge! :thumbup: cant watch the vid though. Dont know why.

Manveet
11-10-2005, 06:06 PM

He has more recent pics on here.

He looks amazing.

BilltheButcher
11-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Through this entire thread there is one thing I don't understand.

How do you walk ON a wheel chair?

BTW, F everyone. If it works for you then do it, if everyone did it the same, dieted the same, had their bodies react the same, then everyone would be jacked. But this has already been said. Go DOOK.

97muscle
11-11-2005, 08:46 AM
He has more recent pics on here.

He looks amazing.

Where are the recent pics?

Manveet
11-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Where are the recent pics?

relatively recent anyway,

the search function is your friend:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=54295
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=66058

there are a few other threads as well.

[[[----]]]
11-11-2005, 11:42 AM
relatively recent anyway,

the search function is your friend:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=54295

there are a few other threads as well.

How old are these??

Canadian Crippler
11-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Can you not read dates?

[[[----]]]
11-11-2005, 12:11 PM
what about the first set?

MM
11-11-2005, 12:54 PM
]]']what about the first set?

Dude, read the date.

RickTheDestroyer
11-11-2005, 01:31 PM
I do have to say, for those of us who missed seeing the rows while they were still up, it'd be sweet if Narc (or someone) could put the video back up- I know it'll probably have to get hosted in a new place, but this video is pretty legendary on this forum... and I've never seen it.

Manveet
11-11-2005, 01:35 PM
]]']what about the first set?

10-11-2004

getfit
11-11-2005, 01:35 PM
^neither have i.

Manveet
11-11-2005, 01:36 PM
I do have to say, for those of us who missed seeing the rows while they were still up, it'd be sweet if Narc (or someone) could put the video back up- I know it'll probably have to get hosted in a new place, but this video is pretty legendary on this forum... and I've never seen it.

It was a great video, mainly because it was one of the first times people got to see Alex(Belial). :clown:

MM
11-11-2005, 01:41 PM
It was a great video, mainly because it was one of the first times people got to see Alex(Belial). :clown:

Who is the person doing the 315 BO BB rows? Someone said it's Eric, but the only Eric I can think of is Mystic Eric -- and it clearly wasn't him.

WillKuenzel
11-11-2005, 01:43 PM
I've got the video downloaded on my computer but I don't have anywhere to put it. Somebody figure out a way to get it and host it and I'll send it to 'em to show, if Narc doesn't mind.

[[[----]]]
11-11-2005, 01:51 PM
10-11-2004

Oh, lol. Oops, I see it now :D

yeah, I missed the Row vid too. Someone be a pal and repost

Beast
11-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Who can forget the unitard?

MM
11-11-2005, 02:09 PM
I've got the video downloaded on my computer but I don't have anywhere to put it. Somebody figure out a way to get it and host it and I'll send it to 'em to show, if Narc doesn't mind.

Hm, ****. I used to have webspace from my university, but they've recently updated stuff, so I had to reapply. If I get some space (which I will) I'm willing to host it.

MM
11-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Oh, wait, I still have the space. :D

How big is the file? I have gmail, so if you can send it -- I can receive it.

Manveet
11-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Who is the person doing the 315 BO BB rows? Someone said it's Eric, but the only Eric I can think of is Mystic Eric -- and it clearly wasn't him.

Just another member who doesn't post much anymore. He had a few posts in the thread, can't recall his user namer though.

WillKuenzel
11-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Oh, wait, I still have the space. :D

How big is the file? I have gmail, so if you can send it -- I can receive it.
I'll see if I can send it to you. I have gmail as well so, I can probably send it. Not sure how big it is. I don't recall it being that long. Its on my computer at home that doesn't have internet access, so I'll have to burn it to disc and bring it to work. Might take a day or 2 to get it to you. PM me your gmail addy and I'll get to work on it.

MM
11-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Ok.

lilmase1153
11-11-2005, 03:11 PM
YOu know you can upload it for free at Rapidshare, Thats where I had mine hosted from.. Just a suggestion, so you dont have to go through all the trouble..

Narcissus
11-11-2005, 05:45 PM
wow, digging up the old threads - takes me back to the days when whether or not i even existed was called into question.

and will, no worries if you want to have the video up again, though i should say that my form is vastly different now than it was when the video was filmed.

f=ma
11-11-2005, 06:02 PM
i'd like to see

lilmase1153
11-11-2005, 07:03 PM
wow, digging up the old threads - takes me back to the days when whether or not i even existed was called into question.

and will, no worries if you want to have the video up again, though i should say that my form is vastly different now than it was when the video was filmed.
I guess that means we need a new vid so we can see the progression for ourselves.. ;)

Patz
11-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Just another member who doesn't post much anymore. He had a few posts in the thread, can't recall his user namer though.

I thought the 315 rows was Belial?

Stackattack
11-11-2005, 07:42 PM
That wasn't Belial. It was another guy Belial and Narc train with.
I'm looking forward to seeing this vid too.

Manveet
11-12-2005, 12:37 AM

no, that was not Belial.

HahnB
11-12-2005, 12:57 AM
It should be mentioned that he doesn't just do 1 heavy set. He started with 405 then worked down to 135 (if I remember correctly) without resting.

Flexx
11-12-2005, 07:22 AM
Just curious why you don't do a weight you can handle and use proper form bro!?

Beast
11-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Here we go...

Rex
11-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Can someone make this video available again?

Where is Chris Mason's video?

Manveet
11-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Can someone make this video available again?

Where is Chris Mason's video?

It was in a different thread, you'll have to run a search to find it.