PDA

View Full Version : speaking of CKD

mr_hand
04-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Would doing a lot of cardio put you into ketosis immediately?

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 09:43 AM
Not immediately, but it will speed the process.

What do you mean by "a lot"?

mr_hand
04-02-2003, 10:16 AM
Like doing cardio every day I guess

raniali
04-02-2003, 10:17 AM
cardio should be kept to a minimum - no more than 30 or so min/day. doing cardio during carb up will minimize bloat, after carb up will facilitate a return to ketosis - but doing cardio while in keto may be detrimental if too much or too hard.

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by raniali
cardio should be kept to a minimum - no more than 30 or so min/day. doing cardio during carb up will minimize bloat, after carb up will facilitate a return to ketosis - but doing cardio while in keto may be detrimental if too much or too hard.

Bingo. I think he just mean post-carb up to speed the return to ketosis.

Mr_hand: I dropped a solid couple of % bodyfat, perhaps as much as three, about seven pounds of fat on a 3000 calorie a day CKD in a month. This is with a couple of out of control carb ups and literally three cardio sessions the entire month.

mr_hand
04-02-2003, 10:44 AM
Man, Im bloated now. Ive been having stomach aches galore. I just had a hamburger with mayo for lunch. Oh man! Where's the Pepto??

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by mr_hand
Man, Im bloated now. Ive been having stomach aches galore. I just had a hamburger with mayo for lunch. Oh man! Where's the Pepto??

Is good for you. :D

mr_hand
04-02-2003, 10:52 AM
Borris, do you get stomach aches and pains from eating all the fat?

Or anyone else for that matter?

Yesterday, my stomach was so upset, that I could only eat twice yesterday. This is my 2nd week on ckd, and just like last week, my stomach was upset on mon & tues, and I had the ****s.

Isaac Wilkins
04-02-2003, 10:53 AM
I've heard of that happening to people, but I never felt it.

Then again, I have an iron gut.

raniali
04-02-2003, 10:56 AM
i might choose different meats/fats if i was getting sick. i had no problems like that -- my main bone of contention with CKD was the carb-ups actually. i would get BLOATED and lethargic to the point i couldn't function.

ur body might still be trying to acclimate to ketones. really - just give it time.

mr_hand
04-02-2003, 10:59 AM
any advice?

Ive purchased some beano, but it says that is for grains, and beans, and veggies. it doesnt say its for like fats.

I was also wondering if mon & tues can also be effects of alcohol consumption from the weekend, and that my body is still digesting it. Not to sicken anyone but I was taking some nasty bowel movements ,all loose and discolored.

raniali
04-02-2003, 12:44 PM
i would say alcohol --- hence one of the reasons i don't drink all that frequently

bradley
04-02-2003, 02:08 PM
Try spreading your calories over smaller meals and like Raniali suggested get your fat from different sources. Are you getting adequate fiber?

As far as alcohol I know sometimes my stomach will be kind of sensitive the next day if I drank too much the night before and then going back to eating a high fat diet probably doesn't help matters.

mr_hand
04-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Ive been eating salad, celerey, broccoli, and spinach.

raniali
04-02-2003, 02:36 PM
i would suggest taking an additional fiber supplement every day during keto. this is extremely important when the bulk (no pun intended) of your diet is NOT carbs. i think it might also help get your digestive track back on line.

Ironman8
04-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Ya, fiber supplements are good. Even though you might have to crap alot :)