PDA

View Full Version : Why can't my gf get rid of the fat on her thighs w/ low cals + cardio?

TiGeR AK
04-03-2003, 02:37 AM
My gf... she doesn't eat much at all... and her caloric intake is pretty damn low. And she does cardio exercise like 4-5 times a week... but yet her thighs and butt are still flabby.

It just baffles me cuz she's been doing exercise almost everyday for like 2 years... and she's lost some weight.. but the fat on her thighs just doesn't seem to budge.

Could i get any tips i could give to her to help her get rid of the fat on her legs/butt? The rest of her body is pretty thin.. just her thighs and ass seem to be unproportionally flabby.

Colt
04-03-2003, 06:01 AM
Depending on how much is "not much at all" she may need to eat more.If she's eating very little her metabolism will slow to a crawl and store alot of fat.She may also need to eat more often to keep her body burning cals.
Maybe she should add some weight training,building some muscle would help burn the fat.
Just some ideas, hope they help.

Joey G.
04-03-2003, 06:29 AM
Like Colt said, she should eat more. If she only eats one or two meals a day, her body is probably going into "starvation mode" and saving all the fat. If she eat 5 to 6 small meals a day, this should kick start the fat loss.

GoStars
04-03-2003, 06:54 AM
You only mentioned cardio so weight training would make a great addition.

estropes
04-03-2003, 07:42 AM
Hey man I don't want to offend you or your GF, so if I do I'm very sorry.

You sure she's isn't sneaking food in while you aren't around. I mean I know my mom does that with my dad all the time. She works out eats a salad while he's standing there...then on her way to work she stops at Mcdonald and eats a bunch of crap then complains that she never can lose weight.

I'm not saying that's what is happening, just a thought though.

carolinagirl
04-03-2003, 08:26 AM
A2 receptors basically suck up the hormones that release stored fat. Women have a disproportionate number of A2 receptors in their thighs and butt; guys have most of their A2 receptors in their love handles and gut . It is thus much harder to get rid of fat in these areas. (Thighs and rear are always the last place for women competitors to lean out.)

Yohimbine in its various forms is an A2 receptor antagonist. (It blocks the action of the A2 receptors.) That's why it can help with those last stubborn fat deposits that diet and cardio don't seem to be able to touch.

(But if she's not doing weights already, she should be. Just on general principle. :D)

Isaac Wilkins
04-03-2003, 08:32 AM
I would suggest weights prior to Yohimbe products. I'm a huge fan of doing things in steps so as to only go as far as one needs to. Check her eating more for eating enough, rather than sneaking food. If she's the kind of person that will sneak food on a regular basis, this is all a moot point. :rolleyes:

Once her eating is figured out, get her on a nice, solid weight training program. Three days per week, either in circuit format or a push/pull/legs day would probably suffice. Don't let her over cardio.

THEN get in to the supplementation.

Isaac Wilkins
04-03-2003, 08:33 AM
Cgirl is right about the A2 receptors, though. I've heard many mixed reports on Yohimbe's effectiveness, however. Anyone have something conclusive for me?

carolinagirl
04-03-2003, 08:40 AM
I wasn't really recommending yo to him, I was really more explaining the principle behind A2s and why that area's difficult for women.

That said, yo does work. It is most effective when you are:
1. already at a low bf% (under 15% for males)
2. in a significant caloric deficit
3. eating in such a way as to minimize insulin spikes (the mobilized fatty acids will be re-deposited in the presence of insulin) (keto or very low GI)
4. using the most effective delivery method, which is NOT oral, according to most reports. Topical is much more targeted and more successful for most. (I myself am going to use Avant's Lipoderm Y when the time comes. ;))

And yes, Borris, you're exactly right - all this information is probably not applicable to a regular girl who may or may not be lifting and may or may not be eating enough or eating right. People should always get the basics in order before going on to the fine-tuning stuff.

Isaac Wilkins
04-03-2003, 08:44 AM
I know. That's why I agreed with you.

I just wanted to clarify for those who may have questions.

What, did you not get much sleep last night? tuttut

;)

carolinagirl
04-03-2003, 08:50 AM
:mad:
6 hours, thank you.

I'm perfectly coherent.

Isaac Wilkins
04-03-2003, 10:37 AM
As much as ever, anyway.

I always have a hard time understanding you with the banjos going in the background. ;)

GoStars
04-03-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by estropes
She works out eats a salad while he's standing there...then on her way to work she stops at Mcdonald and eats a bunch of crap then complains that she never can lose weight.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom does the exact same thing. Or she cooks a high fat meal and claim its for everyone else....but I catch her eating it while its still cooking. So she basically has the high fat meal in the kitchen then sits with all of us to only eat salad.

Dkm911
04-03-2003, 03:10 PM
shes prolly sneakin food ha

TiGeR AK
04-03-2003, 10:37 PM
hahah... i'm pretty sure she's not sneaking around food .. but who knows. The calories have to be coming from somewhere right?

I think she just snacks on stuff.

She also does weight training too.. while doing cardio.

so i guess i'll just try to get her to eat healthier and more frequently in smaller amounts. I been on CKD for a while, so maybe i'll get her to try atkins.

The only problem is... how the hell do i tell her without hurting her feelings? I mean.. i think she looks great... she just has a TINY bit of flab on her butt/thighs. Some guys are into a nice rotund booty... but i like more petite/thin bodies.

She's like a size 4... which is not big at all... just.. the rest of her body is really thin, and i'd like her ass to match. Any non-offensive ways to suggest changing her diet/exercise routine?? it's such a sensitive subject with girls.

Isaac Wilkins
04-03-2003, 10:40 PM
What are HER goals? Her body isn't necessarily about you.

I'm not trying to come off as a prick or anything. Simply put, if she doesn't want it, she won't get it. Especially since she's already quite lean, she's going to have to work to drop from a size 4. If she doesn't want that, you're not going to have much luck talking her into putting that kind of effort forward.

Narcissus
04-04-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by TiGeR AK
but yet her thighs and butt are still flabby.

The rest of her body is pretty thin.. just her thighs and ass seem to be unproportionally flabby.

sounds to me like you need to trade her in for a newer model.

:thumbup:

Delphi
04-04-2003, 06:06 AM
You're basically asking about spot reduction. CG's right about the A2 receptors. She sounds remarkably coherent to me, although it does sound somewhat like a Lipoderm commercial. ;)

What's her %BF? If a topical Yohimbine doesn't work then there's always liposuction.

Dkm911
04-04-2003, 07:17 AM
yo man i like the ghetto booty

estropes
04-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Size 4 and she's flabby....you sure your expections aren't just a little to high? If I were you I would love her for the person she is and not disregard her for the person she is not!

You had to start dating her for a reason, and if it's just based on appearance then I think you need to reevaulate your relationship.

carolinagirl
04-04-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Delphi
...it does sound somewhat like a Lipoderm commercial. ;)

LOL. Yeah, Delphi, I have very high hopes for the lipo Y for my own A2 receptor issues, if you get my drift. :D

Berserker
04-05-2003, 03:28 PM
Should start a food journal. I went out with a chick who would starve herself and then eat a whopper. Or say she wasn't eating much and snacking on garbage.
Either way start looking for the next gf, cause when you bring it up it won't go well.
I am old fashioned I like an ass that will fit my palms. Keep the ghetto booty in the wellfare lines, its not for me.

Dkm911
04-05-2003, 04:20 PM
hahaha

ryan1117
04-05-2003, 04:31 PM
Usually skinny people that are still flabby are like that due to a low amount of muscle mass. To me it sounds like weightlifting is just the thing to help. Of course I mean compound lifts and not isolation exercises such as abs, the abductor machine, and tricep kickbacks. I'm leaner at 170 than I was at 140 and the same height before I started lifting.

Budiak
04-05-2003, 05:35 PM
Tell her to start working out.

Eat more, build muscle, burn more calories= a much better body and higher caloric intake(food good!) equalling higher satisfaction for both you and her. Plus you know when she eats, she can actually eat. Instead of getting some idiot salad and calling it food.

Ironman8
04-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Since you said her caloric intake is low, her metabolism probably slowed down.