PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in a Rut.

JustinASU
04-03-2003, 03:46 PM
Justin's Not-nearly-as-exciting journal

Introduction
I'm a realtively new guy around here and I really like this place. I hope to stay a while. My name is Justin for those of you who haven't yet deduced that. I currently have a problem. For months I haven't been gaining a damn thing except a little extra strength and some well-earned bodyfat. Suffice to say, training ain't goin' so well right about now. All the same, I was advised to post a journal so that is my intention here today. I will post my diet, routine, sleep and any other relevant details. This won't be nearly as flashly as other journals I've seen because I suck, but I promise to work on it. I need badly for those of you who DO read this to help me out.
I am student at AppState in Boone, NC. I am 20 years old and 6'0" tall. I weigh about 210 lbs give or take and have been working out for about 1.5-2 years.
Here's my dilemma: I feel like I've gained too much bodyfat although I watch my diet rather closely. I want to cut but at the same time I want to put on more LBM because I'll tell ay what...my arms are rediculously small. Nevermind that I can dealift 355 for reps they're still tiny. I will post my workout and diet later on today after I workout. That is all for now.

Workhorse
04-04-2003, 10:47 AM
*Awaits more information regarding training routine, diet etc.

Welcome!! :windup: :hello:

WillKuenzel
04-04-2003, 10:51 AM
The customary :spam:

How's the gym at App? I almost went there for school. App not App's gym... anyway, you get my drift. :D

JustinASU
04-04-2003, 11:58 AM
The Workout
Today was a chest/shoulder day for me and I had to abbreviate a bit because I was being rushed due to the fact that I had a date to attend. Still a fun workout though...

Flat Bench (warm-ups> 115x8, 135x8) 205x6 205x6 205x6
Decline Bench 185x8 185x8 185x8
Standing OHP 115x8 115x8 115x8

If you'll notice my standing OHP is rather weak but I'm used to the seated version. Course the gym is is incredibly undersized for the demand it generates so I couldn't get to a seated OHP. As I put more and more of my workouts in this journal you'll notice my back and legs are slightly stronger as a whole than my chest and arms. I try, and have been for a long time. I feel like sometimes I take one step forward and two steps backward and I never progress. That what you guys are for! Helping my sorry ass out.

Food!
Meal #1 9am

3 scambled eggs
1 hardboiled egg
2 sausage patties
bowl of total
glass of milk
glass of OJ

Meal #2 12pm

2 ham and cheese sandwiches

Meal#3 3pm

Tuna Salad Sandwich on wheat
Almonds
Potato Salad

Meal #4 6pm

Beef Tips
Baked Potato
Corn
3 cups skim milk

Meal #5 9pm (Post Workout)

5 cups skim milk
1 can tuna

Meal#6 12am (had a long night)

6" Turkey Sub from subway
2 YoCrunch Yogurts w/ granola

Total calories=3964
Fat=155 g
Carbs=350 g
Protein=267 g

Sleep
I fell asleep around 3am and awoke around 1pm today. Total is 10 hrs. I dont typically sleep like this but it was kinda nice. I have no friday classes so I figured, why the hell not?

Ok well that's all the time I have to post today. This damn post took me a good half hour because I am not used to making my posts all purdy and stuff. Gimme some feeback!!

WillKuenzel
04-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Post looks nice and neat. :D

Workout looks pretty good too. Don't worry about your pushing being weaker than your back or legs. Those muscle groups are bigger than your chest and shoulders anyway so they should be stronger.

What does your routine's split look like?

JustinASU
04-04-2003, 02:08 PM
HY-My Routine is a basic powerlifting routine and the split goes:

Monday (Back)

Deadlift
Shrugs
Rows
Chins

Wednesday (Chest and Shoulders)

Flat Bench
Incline Bench
Decline Bench
Seated (preferably) or standing OHP

Friday (Leg Day)

Squat
Leg Press
Stiff Leg Deads

Saturday (Isolation and assistance)

Dips
curls
Tricep extensions
Calf raises
Abs

There it is! Tear it apart.
:bash:

JustinASU
04-04-2003, 02:24 PM
I figured I should probably let you guys know what my short-term goals will be so you know how to help.

GOALS
I'd love to be about 225 lbs with 8% BF by the end of the year but that seems rediculously unrealistic. Currently I am 210 with something like 15-20%. I have no idea how to calculate BF
I want my Bench to be 250x8
I want my deadlift to be 450x6-8
I want my squat to be 425x6-8

If I knew my body measuements then I'd have ideal measurements to get to but I have no way of measuring myself. Basically I'd love to have the physique of Reg Park (http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/regpark2.html), the natural BBer that was popular in the 50's and 60's.

Manveet
04-04-2003, 11:38 PM
You do not need all three benching movements. I personally only do flat bb bench, then do incline with db's.

I'd also rather do skulls instead of extensions for tris.

Do you want to cut or bulk?

JustinASU
04-05-2003, 12:16 AM
Manveet-That is my problem. I want to bulk a lot more but I feel like perhaps my BF if getting a bit high. I cant measure BF but I am not to fond of my little gut thats forming and the loss of definition in my chest (which I assume is due to extra BF). I mean if I keep up this "bulking" I'm gonna have bitch tits in no time. SO I guess I want to cut but I'm afraid of loosing LBM and especially strength. I've had to work hard for the strength I have because I have **** for genetics. What would you suggest??

JustinASU
04-05-2003, 01:24 PM
After looking at some other people's journals/poundages/pics...I've decided that I suck and I'm gonna be a scrawney bastard forever. :bang: :cry: Well I gotta leg workout to do.:(

JustinASU
04-05-2003, 03:58 PM
So I did ATF Squats for the first time today...:eek: So um after 3 worksets of ATF squats and then 2 worksets of front squats, two moves in which I have never done in my life I felt like doing one of three things: crying like a baby, jumping off something high, or throwing up. Suffice to say I didn't make it to me SLDLs. I'll post my routine later. I need to go pass out.

WillKuenzel
04-05-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by JustinASU
After looking at some other people's journals/poundages/pics...I've decided that I suck and I'm gonna be a scrawney bastard forever. :bang: :cry: Well I gotta leg workout to do.:( Dude you also have to realize how long some of those people have been at it. Just use it as motivation to get to where you want to be. Its a long road and never really ends but the scenery along the way is really nice. :)

Keep at it and keep posting. That's the biggest thing. Persistance and education. Size comes with time and you just have to have the right frame of mind to get it. It can happen to anyone with the right attitude.

Glad to hear ATF squats did something for ya. Make sure you get plenty to eat and lots of protein because your muscles are going to be needing it. Keep chugging along. Your doing a great job so far.

Manveet
04-05-2003, 04:08 PM
You can always do a small cycle of a cut. I just finished one month of cutting. I lost some strength, but nothing that I can't get back within a few weeks of bulking again.

JustinASU
04-06-2003, 01:12 PM
The Workout
The dreaded leg day. I got to try out some fun/horribly painful new moves today that rocked my quads and glutes. I had never done these before so for the sake of form and safety I kept the poundages relatively low.

ATF(Ass to the Floor)Squats (warm-up 135x10) 245x8 245x8
Front Squats 135x8 135x8
Attempted to do my SLDLs but my lower back was FRIED

I honestly hope these two lifts get easier because my god they were tough compared to parallel back squats...Also I performed the front squats with crossed arms. It's pretty rare when I feel like I wanna vomit after a few worksets but I def. accomplished this today.

Food!
My diet wasnt the best today. I really need help in developing a perfect diet...I'm thinking of cutting for a few weeks though..
Sleep
Still on an irregular sleep pattern which is probably hurting my performance and growth considerably. I DID get about 10 hours but it was skewed. I dont think I will get into a healthy pattern until the summer when things are less hectic for me.

HY I really appreciate the encouragement...lifting can sometimes be a tedious and discouraging hobby when you are constantly setting impossible goals for yourself or comparing yourself to other people's progress.

Manveet I started some weekly HIIT sessions. Would you recommend I just stick with those for a small cut or change my diet??

NateDogg
04-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Nice ATF squatting!

JustinASU
04-06-2003, 06:31 PM
The Workout
Today is my isolation/assistance day. Its basically a day with which I can screw around with. Today was alright. Nothing special.

Weighted Dips BWx12 BW+25x10 BW+45x8 BW+50x6
Standing DB curls 30'sx12 40'sx8 40'sx8 45'sx6
OH tricep cable extentions (cant remember weights but got up to 125x6)
JM Press 80x8 (was playin with this one)
Wrist Rollers and Wrist curls behind the back

Today I was mostly just messing around and seeing what iso moves would be good for me.
Food!
I havent done too bad so far today. FOr Meal#1 I have 4 scrambled eggs with milk and oatmeal and for meal #2 I had grilled chicken with wild rice. I am now finishing up my protein shake.
Sleep
Got in about 8-9 hours of sleep last night well...I really didnt go to sleep until early this morning but thats what girlfriends will do to ya.
NateDogg I appreciate the compliment :D

MonStar
04-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Journal is really nice looking Justin, keep it up man. Weighted dips are awesome man, strength is right on.

JustinASU
04-07-2003, 01:10 PM
Just a couple thoughts: First of all, I havent but on ANY LBM in what seems like weeks and even months(at least in my obsessed/diseased mind), and I'm getting a bit discouraged. I eat about 3000-4000 calories a day so I wouldnt think my caloric intake is a large factor. I'm begining to think that nothing short of mass amounts of steroids will help me...

My quads and glutes are still screaming today so Im not entirely sure whether or not I should go ahead with my DLs today...any thoughts anyone???

I'm also considering switching my rows to DB from BB...not sure about the form though.

Does anyone who has done front squats before experience pain in the delts where the bar rested??

MonStar Thanks a lot man. It helps that I know others are reading this and leaving encouraging comments.

WillKuenzel
04-07-2003, 01:38 PM
My quads and glutes are still screaming today so Im not entirely sure whether or not I should go ahead with my DLs today...any thoughts anyone???I don't think you'd see really any good results from deadlifting while that sore.

Front squats can cause some pain in the front delts. You might try wrapping a t-shirt or towel around the part of the bar that rest on your delts next time.

This link (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/DBBentOverRow.html) can help a little bit as far as DB rows. You don't have to do exactly like he does. Get it so that it feels right for you.

Alke
04-07-2003, 03:43 PM
Hey there! just stopping in to say whats up Yo!

lokking forward to seeing your future posts, hard to give too much advice at this point until you get more data entered in ye old journal bro'

Diet looks alright, like you said you seem to be eating good. workouts look good. Do you change the order of your exercises around much or vary them? How about partials, forced reps, or negs? Incorporating them into your routine now and then can spark things up.....

About those DL's if your still sore, I wouldn't do it. Depends on the soreness. If it is extreme, then your body is still rebuilding itself, EAT and take it easy, then when you feel better come back and hit it again! Only you can say if it is extreme or not, I just finished drop sets and I needed like three days after each session to recover before drop setting another body part then 4 more days to recover before getting into a regular 3-day split again. The most important advice I can give right now is make sure you get enough REST time between sessions depending on your intesity levels.

Good luck on your goals!

JustinASU
04-07-2003, 07:54 PM
The Workout
Today was my back day. This is my second favorite day because I get to pull my heaviest weight today. Only problem is since my quads hadnt recovered from my little ATF Squat day 'twas a bit painful to DL even though, since I am a tad on the obsessed side, I dealifted all the same.

Deadlifts (warm-ups> 135x8, 285x6) 325x8 325x8 325x7
Dumbell ROWS 35'sx8, 50'sx10, 60'sx8, 70'sx8
Chins 7xBW, 7xBW, 7xBW
Shrugs 135x10, 285x8, 285x8

First thing's first. I took it easy on the deadlift poundages due to my aching quads so I hope to do much better next time. Secondly, I did DB rows for the first time today. I liked them a lot, they worked my lats pretty good.
Food!
Meal #1 12pm

4 scambled eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup oatmeal

Meal #2 3pm

Tuna Salad Sub w/ cheese and lettuce
1 ounce almonds

Meal#3 6pm

5 ounces grilled Chicken
1 cup oatmeal

Meal #4 9pm (postworkout)

4 ounces grilled chicken
MRP Shake w/ 2 cups milk

And thats all SO FAR...
Sleep
I got about 8 hours of sleep last night although it was in an irregular pattern again. Felt tired today....

I have a question for anyone...Why..WHY wont my chins improve?? They've been this way for about a year...My rowing has improved so what am I doing wrong??

HY Thanks for the link and the advice. I managed those DLs (sorta) anyways :D

Kenn Welcome to my journal! I've only been on this routine for about a month so I dont want to change much yet but yes, I do change a couple from time to time. I dont do partials, forced reps, or negatives because I'm not entirely sure how to utilize them within the guidelines of my routine. If you can offer advice on that, I'd be happy to try a method or two. I look forward to your input!

rookiebldr
04-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Justin,

Don't get too discouraged. Many of us have been there, watching our progress stall. You're lifts may be disapppointing to you now, however look at your progression over the long term. Changing up your routine can sometimes bring much a needed kick. Keep the journal going it is definitely worth while.

p.s. some of us would kill for the lifts that you have. ;)

JustinASU
04-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Ok guys...I'm getting worried about my BF levels...I think I'm getting tits. I need help FAST!!!! Anyone? I know nothing about cutting.

:cry:

rookiebldr Thanks a lot man. I'm a whiney bastard if you hadn't noticed and my whining increases two-fold when I am not progressing. I dont know if changing my routine is the best though. Only been on this one for about 4-5 weeks.

rookiebldr
04-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Yes, you are a whinny biotch! ;)

Cutting, in it's simplest form is just reduced calories. Start at 500 cals below maintenance. Adjust from there, ie. if you are still not losing, reduce by 250 more. At 500, you should lose 1-2lbs per week depending on your other activity level. There are all sorts of other adjustments to add in however, reducing the calories might just do the trick for a bit. IMO, take it for what's it's worth.

JustinASU
04-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Hey Rookie, I uhhh, well ya see, I dont know how to calculate maintenance calories....:redface:

JustinASU
04-08-2003, 07:14 PM
So I started cutting today....and I already feel so hungry. This is my first cut ever and it SUCKS. Im constantly hungry and the food I DO eat tastes like poo. Here's my final diet (I think for today). Feel free to tell me what to change (I wanna do a perma-bulk from here out).

Meal 1

Anabolic MRP
2 cups of oatmeal
2 cups skim milk

Meal 2

6 ounces of tuna
Natural PB on 1 piece of 100% whole wheat

Meal 3

Natural PB and Jam Sandwich

Meal 4

8 ounces chicken breast
1 cup skim milk

Meal 5

Flax Seed oil (If I can FIND any!!)
YoCrunch Yogurt with Granola
Breakstone's Cottage Doubles

This totals approximately:

Kcals=3000
Fat=96 grams
Carbs=296 grams
Protein=271 grams

Im rather proud of this cut diet although in the future I will add a second day and alternate so I dont get sick of the one day. What do you guys think???

JustinASU
04-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Also, how often should I do refeeds at 208 lbs and 17-20% BF?

Alke
04-09-2003, 05:59 PM
Welcome to your first cut ever! LOL, The hungry feeling does suck, I know how you feel. I did my first cut several months back, and for myself was hungry a lot in the beginning, but I it got easier as time went on.

about those re-feeds: since this is your first cut I would listen to what your body tells you, there will be days where you will be absolutely ravenous = re-feed. (Im not saying go out and eat a large pizza and icecream, just increase your cals till throughout the day for each meal depending on how hungry you are)

that there diet looks good, and I know what you mean about getting bored eating the same food. especially during a cut. I would add/switch in some of the other carbs = (veggies and fruits). Those types of carbs are used by the body faster and have less chance of being stored for energy later.

If you can, make sure you ALWAYS get something to eat every 2-3 hours to keep your insulin levels about the same. Others here might have more knowledge than I do on that aspect but I am a believer in small frequent meals and got great results while cutting as well as bulking doing this. I need to read more about diet and nutrition, Im learning but still have a lot more to find out.

JustinASU
04-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Just in case you hadn't noticed, this journal is officially in CUTTING MODE

THE WORKOUT
NOTE:From NOW on I will only list WORKSETS
Flat BB Bench 3 sets of 190x8 1 set of 205x6
Decline BB Bench 3 sets of 195x8
OH Press 3 sets of 125x8

COMMENTS & THOUGHTS
I feel weak and hungry. That's about all I have to say about that. My lifts havent dropped dramatically quite yet but I don't like the idea of this whole cutting thing...I'm not using ANY supplements but I'm considering something like E&C...any thoughts anyone?

THE DIET
I've been sticking to it rather strictly(see previous post) but adding in some almonds for more healthy fats. Still haven't found and flax seed oil. Only thing different from yesterday is post-workout I had a detour bar and let me tell ya, if you haven't tried one of these beautiful protein bars yet, I highly recommend them. Best I've ever had and since eating a normal protein bar is like chewing on tire rubber that's saying a lot.

THE SLEEP
I got in 11 hours of sleep last night due to a beautiful sleeping aid called Sominex...I've had trouble sleep recently so they were a godsend.

As I mentioned in another post I feel like maybe Im cutting too many calories but at the same time it doesn't seem like cutting because the number is still so high. I think I underestimated my precut caloric intake. I think I was used to almost 4000 a day and now Im on 3000 for my cut. DAMN I'm hungry. I'm gonna go eat this 8 ounces of chicken that is steaming next to me.

Kenn Good to know the cut can only get easier from here on out. I'm whiney and I'm getting whinier by the day due to my lack of calories. :whiner: If I'm supposed to judge refeeds on the fact that I'm ravenous I should be refeeding every day! Well ok, maybe I'm exaggerating. Refeeds should still be clean foods, no? I will add in more veggies when I get a chance. Also I eat about every 3 hours so I think that's in order. HELL, if I didnt I'd be REALLY hungry. Anyways, thanks for the input bro.

JustinASU
04-10-2003, 07:53 AM
Well I was gonna post pics soon, just so you guys can have a general idea but this cut is making me look sh!tty.

MonStar
04-10-2003, 09:43 AM
Nice benching Justin! Really impressive man. Decline strength is also looking good. I definitely think that you should some pics up man, then maybe some a month or two later to track your progress.

JustinASU
04-10-2003, 08:09 PM
If it wasn't for working out, I would have gone off the edge of sanity a long time ago...

Oh my God, tonight just hit the spot...I was having the sh!ttiest week, and the sh!ttiest day of my sh!tty week and I was at the end of my rope. Then I went into the gym. I was still sore from yesterdays workout and I was pissed, depressed, and semi-homicidal all in one horrible feeling. I felt like the next guy that ****ed with me was gonna lose a limb. Then I started lifting with my lifting partner...slowly but surely, everything in the world became right again and I was able to smile... laugh even! My arms were bulging out of my t-shirt and I was lifting fast and hard. My god there is no drug, alcohol, or other tangible possession that can simulate the pure release and fullfillment I get from lifting. Ok that being said, today was my isolation day so I messed around...

Dips
BWx12 BW+35x8, BW+45x7, BW+45x7

Straight BB curls
65x12, 85x8, 85x7

Then I did 21's with 65 lbs if you are familiar with 21's...felt SOOO good.

OH Cable tricep ext.
I got up to 125x7

Then I did one set of DB Hammer Curls with 45's

Seated Calf Raises
230x12, 230x12, 230x10

Wrist Rollers

*sigh*

JustinASU
04-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Oh and BTW Monstar, I appreciate the encouraging words. :D I may post a pic soon, who knows.

JustinASU
04-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Oh and BTW I told my diet to go fu<k itself today. I hate diets. I'm proud of what I got just screwin around too...

3714 Kcals
128 gr FAT
309gr CARBS
381gr protein

ALMOST 400 gr PROTEIN. That's awesome if I can say so myself.

MonStar
04-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Dipping strength is excellent Justin, nice job.

About your OH rope cable extensions, how are you doing them? With a rope attachment from the high-pulley or what?

Alke
04-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Workout looks quick and dirty bro'!

Glad that you were able to get in a better mood at the gym, it always helps me to workout as well. I think that is why I got hooked, it is a personal thing for me, Im not competing against anyone, just myself and it makes me feel better!

I used to do 21's a lot when I first started working out. I did set after set of those things and loved em!!! I should throw a session of those in on my next arm day for old times sake LOL.

So are you done dieting then?

JustinASU
04-14-2003, 04:55 PM
MonStar Thanks again. I am using it in the way you described...With a rope attachment from the high-pulley...I think they are helping my benching improve since my arms lag so much but who knows...

Kenn Well I stopped dieting yes...It's just that I was so hungry all the time and I was losing strength and I just dont know how to diet right. I guess I'll be stuck with this gut forever. I'm too scared of losing muscle and strength...Any suggestions man??

Alke
04-14-2003, 08:22 PM
Well, to be honest IMO you just gotta bite the bullet bro'

What I mean is, it'll be tough and you gotta come to the realization youre gonna lose muscle and size while cutting. (you CAN maintain size and mass while cutting but it is VERY hard) I can only impart to you my own experience and hopefully somehwere in here is some information you can use bro'

When I decided to cut, I had good size and stength but a lot of BF. I had 26" thigh, 16"arms, 45"chest. I could bench 235, dead 305 and squat 225. It took me two years, a lot of mistakes and lots of food to get there. But I wasnt happy with a 35" waist and unknown BF (but it was high cause my stomach would hang over my belt :D So I cut.

cutting SUCKED. plain and simple. I was losing strength and was fatigued and hungry. I was hungry a lot LOL. but thats where you got to bite the bullet. I decided if my strength was going south I would stay out of the gym cause it pissed me off I couldnt use the volume and intensity I was used to training with.

This meant if I was gonna lose weight I had to re-evaluate my workouts and motivation factors for cutting. Why was I cutting? My main goal was to lose the gut. So I came to the realization that I wasnt gonna lose the gut by training the way I was used to training. Change is a hard thing to embrace.

I focused my energy on old school high rep exercies (push-ups/pull-ups and crunches/and lots of jumprope). sure I was hungry as hell and pissed off I wasnt in the gym, but every few weeks I could see a few pounds disappear.

The high reps kept my sanity in check cause I like high volume, and my gut was going south. I knew I was losing size in my arms and chest and legs but I ALSO knew when I lost the gut I could put that size back on the RIGHT way!

You just gotta believe me when I say the hungry feeling will go away. It took me about 3-4 weeks to stop feeling hungry. And its okay to cheat! were only human man! so I would give it another go!, It's not gonna be easy, but it IS within your grasp!

On a side note, if you decide to cut, I would increase your meals to 8-10 instead of the 5 you outlined. By having more smaller meals for your cut, that would decrease the time for you to get hungry. that is why I try to eat 8-10 times. It takes more planning but the results are worth it.

sorry bout the book format :D had a lot to say LOL

JustinASU
04-16-2003, 04:00 PM
Hey guys brief update since I havent mentioned anything about my last 2 workouts...On friday I had to go out of town so I attempted to do a Friday morning workout and well, suffice to say, it didnt go so well. I'm an evening workout type of guy and this workout was a waste of time for me, to say the least. I jumped out of bed because I had overslept from playing splinter cell all damn night and I didnt have time to eat...mistake. I downed a glass of skim milk and proceeded to meet my partner at the gym. Everything seemed fine and I was actually looking rather lean since I hadnt eaten yet. I could see the abs, and that's always a good thing. Well today was our leg day and so I was going to attempt the vomit inducing ATF squats yet again. Since it was early and I was still out of it I could swear I was ATF squatting 285 last week when in reality I was doing 245. So I loaded up the bar to a nice hefty 285 and sqatted down to the floor only to realize there was little chance of me ever coming up again. After a few excrutiating seconds of struggling with the weight I was upright again. Due to my stubborn complexion I did yet another squat down to the floor and struggled my ass off to get back up. My partner pointed out that I was mot likely going to kill myself if I kept this up, so I put 225 on the bar and just did 3 moderate sets of 8. What a downer when I normally squat around 315. Then I continued by doing front squats with 185 on the bar for 3 sets of 8. I'm still learning good form on the front squat. Anyways I stopped there because I was tired and depressed.

Monday was my back day. I decided that, just for the hell of it, I'd do a 5x5 format on deadlift. First set was 135x5, then 205x5, 275x5, 315x5, 355x5 (not too shabby)...my back was starting to hurt a bit after that last set so I decided not to go overboard on the deads. I then did DB Rows for the second time in my life. I am feeling more comfortable with this move and I actually enjoy it a lot more than BB rows...Any of you have that experience? I esp. like these because they're not as taxing on my lower back after a heavy set of deads. For these I did...45lb DBsx12, 55lb DBsx10, 65lb DBsx8, 75lb DBsx6, 85lb DBsx4...again, I was not too dissappointed with these. Then I attempted to do some chins but realized that the DB rows had fried my lats...I wonder how I can deal with this in the future...any suggestions?? Then I did shrugs with 275x8 for 3 sets and called it a day. Comments and Questions are very well appreciated.

Today is a chest day. I want to KILL my chest this week so it will look pretty at the beach this weekend....You guys have any tricks for this??

Thanks for reading.

BTW you know what I've realized?? I dont look nearly bif enough to be pulling the weights I do...

JustinASU
04-16-2003, 04:02 PM
P.S. my diet has gone to sh!t and Kenn, I want to reply to your comments but I have no time so I'll do that later. That is all.

JustinASU
04-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Today was a CHEST & DELT day. I had fun even if my energy levels were schitty.

THE WORKOUT

Flat Bench
135x8, 185x8, 185x8, 195x6, 225x1, 245x1!!

DB Inc. Bench
45lb DBsx9, 55lb DBsx7, 60lb DBsx6

BB OHP
*I was very tired at this point so these crapped up...I think I need to reorder my lifts someday...

I think I got up to 135x6...

Then I did flyes on a machine...its a weird machine that works on cables...Free Motion or something...

Well that's my workout. I t was fun but I was tired before I even got in the gym so I can do better next week.

THE FOOD
I ate alright today but I probably didnt get in enough calories...Hell I think since I havent been tracking my calories for about 5 days now I'm losing BF..I can see my abs most of the day and I'm down to 206 without a noticable str. drop....(That's 4 lbs less)

Thanks for reading. Questions and Comments are appreciated.

JustinASU
04-17-2003, 12:40 PM
I decided I'd give you guys something to look at even if its a half year old....So without further delay, Here is me in Oct. 2002 at about 200lbs. I am around 206 now and my arms/traps are slightly better developed...

Chest

JustinASU
04-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Oct 2002
Bicep

JustinASU
04-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Oct 2002
back 1

JustinASU
04-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Oct 2002 back 2

JustinASU
04-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Oct 2002
upper

Keep in mind that my back/arms/traps/delts are better formed now..and dont laugh at my scrawniness...:cry:

JustinASU
04-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Mods-
Did I post these correctly?

Alke
04-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Hey man, pictures look good. To be honest I think your just a little too critical of yourself. I couldnt see your waistline (was that on purpose?) but from what I could see my opinion would be to continue with bulking and dont worry about cutting just yet. You might not think you have good size but it looks good to me bro'! Your delts are poppin in that front picture, although a more direct shot would show more.

Yep, pictures say it all bro' you look good and I would work on adding some "serious" sets of dropsets to shock those muscles. Maybe even talk to monstar about some westside training, he is getting GREAT results with building mass on westside. Check out his journal if you havent already :)

Chest workout looked aces as well :thumbup::thumbup: For myself though, I hit DB Flat bench HARD and it has really helped my chest to look big. I cant BB bench massive weights but I LOOK like I can....Maybe If you hit those DB Flatbench a bit harder you'll get more pump going and it could work for you as well.

JustinASU
04-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Kenn Thanks man. The compliments are very much appreciated. :D I worked hard for what I got and to know that I only look better than those pics now is even better.

Soon I'm going to get my buddy with a digital camera to take pics of me so I can show progress over the last 6 months. They'll be better quality and you'll be able to see my waistline :p

Oh yeah and I am seriously considering westside but I have no idea how to do it and plus I workout at a school gym, will I even be able to do it? Dont you need bands and chains and stuff?

rookiebldr
04-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Your pics do look good. You've definitely got quality mass to compliment those nice lifts that you've got. It looks like you have room to bulk some more or cut if you're really feeling uncomfortable your bf. It's your choice.

Cutting is tough. Breaking up the meals to as many as you can will help, as Kenn indicated. Drinking lots of water will as well. If you loose to quickly at 3000 kcals then up them some. Although for me, 3000 kcals is definitely a bulk. So stop your whining ;)

JustinASU
04-17-2003, 11:41 PM
rookie Thanks bro', I appreciate the comments and suggestions. Breaking it up more would probably be a good idea...

Just for the hell of it here's a cold shot of my arm tonight...it's hard to click a mouse button and pose at the same time. I wont be posting anymore until next week or so...or maybe I'll just wait until the end of a cut or bulk. Right now I'm on a BS as I like to call it. I BS my diet...

JustinASU
04-23-2003, 01:03 PM
I would apologize for the lack of updates but nobody really reads my journal for some reason. So I'm not sorry I havent updated. I spent the weekend (and then some) in Charleston with my girlfriend and it was friggin beautiful. I hate having to come back to the mountains after being in a great coastal city. Anyways, I didn't get to lift and had to skip 2 workouts due to this trip and to top it off my diet was sh!t. Ah well, now I gotta get back to it, eh? Anyways for the hell of it I did try to deadlift at her house (her dad had a set of weights) and I managed to deadlift 415 for 2 reps!!! Not too shabby for my scrawney a$$ self. That's twice my BW! I'm happy about it. Well I gotta run for now I got a busy week ahead of me so I may not update for a while. I know, I know...the 1.36 people that read this (the first one being me) will be dissappointed. Well I dont care.

Alke
04-23-2003, 09:51 PM
Hey man, 415 is great :D Are you still doing conventional, or have you ever tried Sumo style?

You BETTER get some sessions in this journal!! or the .36 people who read this are gonna kick your ass LOL

seriously bro' how we gonna offer advice if you dont put anything in here?

JustinASU
04-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Well alright, alright, alright. I got me a reader! I promise to stop by your journal sometime today Kenn. Thanks for the support bro'!

Here's the workout I pulled outta me arse yesterday.

Flat BB Bench
135x8 185x8 185x8 225x5

DB Incline Bench
45lb DBsx10 55lb DBsx9 65lb DBsx7 70lb DBsx5

Overhead Press
I'm too ashamed to post the poundages for this. Do you guys think I'm exhausting shoulders too much before I do these and that's why it is suffering so badly? (I was only able to do 3 sets of 8x125lbs)

Fuud
I have been eating what I want for the last 2.5 weeks keeping it kinda clean. My weight went from 206-210.5. I dont know how much of this was muscle and how much was fat but I'm starting to actually get semi-strong! What with my 415 double for deads and my 225 bench for 5 reps I'm excited!!!

BTW I just bought a 4 lb tub of Nitro-Tech...I hope it wasnt a waste of money. Anybody had any experience with this stuff?

Maybe I need to reformat the journal or put some more personality into my posts. I tend to rush them. I need some visitors...As far as I can tell I have 1 avid reader....Thanks Kenn. lol

JustinASU
04-28-2003, 06:02 PM
I'm not posting my last 2 workouts because I forgot the poundages but I'll post my back workout today. It was quite fun and I'm proud of my little poundages :)

Deadlift
135x8 225x6 385x4, 405x2, 425x1, 425x1

DB rows
45 lb DBsx10 65lb DBsx8 85lb DBsx6 95lb DBsx4

Chins (to exhaust lats)
BWx9, BWx7, BWx5

Shrugs
225x12 285x8 285x8

Beautiful. Great PRs too!

BW=210

JustinASU
04-28-2003, 06:18 PM
PS How do you guys thin my progress is going?

Miss Rezza
04-28-2003, 06:19 PM
:hello: Hi Justin!!

Just thought i'd mark my presence in here!

You're lookin' great btw. :D

JustinASU
04-28-2003, 09:07 PM
Miss Rezza Thanks for the compliments, it really helps. Good to know people read. You're officially the first lady to post in the journal
:p

GhettoSmurf
04-29-2003, 04:55 AM
i think you've been making some killer progress, and the pic of your arm looks great. keep up the work bro!

JustinASU
04-30-2003, 08:58 PM
LAST DAMN DAY OF CLASSES

Time to.... :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :hump: :hump: :hump: :hump:

JustinASU
05-01-2003, 06:27 PM
Oh btw here is my workout for wednesday. It was a chest/delt day.

FLat BB Bench
135x8, 185x8, 185x8, 225x2+2 (Had trouble here, Hey, I've been stressed)

Incline DB Bench
50's x8, 60'sx8, 70'sx6, 75'sx4

OHP

Still weak
125x8 125x8

That's all.

Ghetto Thanks for the encouragement

Collegelifter
05-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Hey Justin

have no fear I will be a regular reader of the journal from now on. I think you are looking awesome. You have made some great gains are are pretty solid. I am glad to have you as a lifting buddy. Just keep us posted and I will do the same in my journal. I am glad you post your meals. I think I will steal some of them and use them myslef. Dr. Holland always says there is no need to re-event the wheel. Thanks for being a great motivating factor in my training.

Collegelifter

JustinASU
05-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Leg day

Ass to the Floor Squats
135x8 245x8, 245x8, 245x8

Leg Press
4 45 lb plates and 1 25 lb plate per sidex8....x8....x8

I need to start cutting soon...I am dying to see my abs, I guess I wll start when I get back up to school for the summer but I havent even left yet so its gonna be about 20 more days until then...Its hard to diet unless I control everything.

I am planning on taking an ECA stack, doing cardio on off days, and cutting the cals by about 500. Does that seem extreme?

JustinASU
05-06-2003, 08:40 AM
DIET
Meal 1: cottage cheese and a couple donut holes (cheat meal)
Meal 2: 4 eggs 1 cup oats
Meal 3:3 cans tuna 4 slices whole wheat bread 1 tsp olive oil
Preworkout: 16 oz. choc. milk with 1 scoop Nitro-Tech
Postworkout: 1 scoop Nitrotech in H20
Meal 4: Footlong Turkey sub from Subway
Meal 5: 4 oz chicken and rice
Meal 6: Natty PB Sandwich, Egg Sandwich with 2 eggs and cheese

WORKOUT

Deadlifts
135x8, 315x6, 360x6, 360x6 (I need to figure out how to use straps and I could probably dead 400 for 5 or 6 reps)

DB Rows
55'sx8, 75'sx6, 90'sx6, 95'sx4

Chins (to exhaust Lats)
10xBW, 7xBW, 6xBW

Shrugs
135x12, 315x8, 315x8, 225x15

That's all for now
:D

WillKuenzel
05-06-2003, 11:18 AM
:spam:

Just because we don't always post don't mean we dont read it man!

Deadlifts are looking really strong. Do you have a pair of straps? They're not that hard to use. I do it so that the bar goes between my hand and the strap and then I wrap the strap back under towards my hand. Wrap it and tighten it. All you really have to do is just get the strap wrapped around it. At that point the strap does the holding you just have to pinch the strap closed. Not that bad.

JustinASU
05-06-2003, 05:21 PM
Someone called me 'Big Guy' today....I wanted to hug him....in a completely heterosexual way....err...so anyways...

I want to put recent pics of me up because Im gettin some good increases in mass...I'm much bigger now than I am in those older pics I have...as soon as I get a digital camera...we'll see!

GhettoSmurf
05-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Meal 1: cottage cheese and a couple donut holes (cheat meal)

MMMMMMMMM now thats a POWER breakfast! :D

JustinASU
05-07-2003, 07:38 PM
FOOD

Meal 1: 4 eggs, 1 cup oats, 1 qt. milk
Meal 2: 2 tuna sanchwiches on whole wheat
Meal 3:Protein Shake in Skim milk with natty PB
Meal 4: 7 oz. chicken, 1 cup rice
Preworkout: Protein shake in skim milk, 2 nature's valley granola bars
Postworkout: Protein Shake in water, 1 natures valley bar, 10 oz. milk
Meal 5: ????

WORKOUT

Flat BB Bench
135x8, 185x8, 225x5, 205x8

DB incline Bench
60'sx8, 70'sx6, 75'sx4

OHP
115x8, 135x6, 135x6

*I also did flyes to exhaust my chest

Good workout overall!

JustinASU
05-07-2003, 07:50 PM
Here is a current pic of me...still no digital camera shot...done with my clicking the mouse button on a webcam. the mouse is in my left hand...anyways I posted this in the member's pics forum with my before shot so check them out. Im not really flexing, just crossing my arms...

Alke
05-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Hey justin, chest session looks awright brother!

I'll be happy to hit 225 for a 1RM come the end of the month on BB Bench, so I dont wanna here no more complaining about you not being buff enough or nothin LOL,

Are you planning on hitting any drop sets then, since I take it you are still bulking?

JustinASU
05-08-2003, 04:41 PM
My ****ing gym closed early today....**** this god**** school.

GhettoSmurf
05-08-2003, 07:58 PM
looking seriously thick in the pic man, keep it up!

JustinASU
05-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Just so you guys know I am not posting in my journal since I am at home and I cant do serious workouts. I will start updating again around the 26th and there will be a bit of a twist to my routine that should be interesting as far as strength and size gains go...:evillaugh

GhettoSmurf
05-13-2003, 12:09 PM
i can't wait ;)

aka23
05-13-2003, 12:51 PM
My ****ing gym closed early today....**** this god**** school.

The gym at my college also used to close early on many special occasions. When this happened, I tried to schedule my workouts early. If this was not possible, I sometimes went to another neighborhood gym and paid the $5 per day charge.

It was nice to get to a less crowded gym with better hours after I graduated. But I miss having working out with younger persons and the college community. Good luck with your goals.

JustinASU
05-27-2003, 02:35 PM
HEY GUYS!!! TODAY will be my first trip back into the gym after 2.5 weeks not being able to workout...I gained some nasty BF which sucks but its probably because I ate complete crap. I hope I didnt lose too much strength but today will be a back day (my fav) so we'll see how it goes. I hope I get some readers again after I start this ting back up! I will soon go on a massive cut in an effort to see my beautifully sculpted abs in all their glory.

JustinASU
05-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Here's the rundown.

food
Meal 1: 5 scramby eggs with cheese, 1 cup oats, 1 glass OJ
Meal 2: BBQ Chicken, cup of tater salad
Meal 3: 2 tuna sandwiches with cheese on whole wheat
Preworkout: Nitro-Tech in Milk
Postworkout: NitroTech in Agua
Meal 4: 9 oz. sirloin steak, more tater salad
Meal 5: ???

workout (back day)
Deads
135x8, 225x6, 360x6, 360x6, 360x6
DB Rows
55'sx8, 70'sx8, 95'sx6
Chins (to exhaust lats only)
9xBW, 8xBW, 7xBW

Then I did some shrugs with 315...

Not too Shabby considering I had a 2.5 week break in which I abused my body to hell...:alcoholic among other things...:rolleyes:

JustinASU
06-01-2003, 03:34 PM
Thursday- Chest and Shoulders

Flat BB Bench
135x8, 185x8, 225x5, 225x4, 185x8

Inc. DB Bench
55x8, 65x8, 70x6 err something like that

OHP
95x8, 115x8, 135x7, 135x7

*some decline bench

Diet was ok...

JustinASU
06-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Legs (god its been a month since I squatted...)

Squats
135x10, 225x8, 315x6, 315x6, 315x6

Leg Press
8platesx10, 10platesx8, 12platesx6, 12platesx6, 12platesx6

Calves on leg press
12platesx15 for 4 sets

JustinASU
06-01-2003, 03:40 PM
I had to skip today's workout :( Too much stuff to do....and the gym was open 6 damn hours today...I HATE school gym's during the summer...I cant wait until I have my own home gym.

On another depressing note, things have been incredibly sh!tty for me lately :( I havent had any energy, I broke up with my girlfriend yesterday, I cant find a job anywhere in this godforsaken town, and Im more pissed than ever that I dont have a car. Every goddamned college student gets a car bestowed upon them by their parents or their parents at least HELP in buying that car. Not me...I got NOTHING, and I am getting REALLY DAMN tired of it. I cant drive to campus, or the grocery store or even the gym. I cant do anything except sit in my dark apartment like a damn hermit. I'm so frustrated and at a loss at this point in my life...

JustinASU
06-02-2003, 05:32 PM
I just had a SUHWEET arm day :) and to think I used to not believe in arms days...

Dips
BWx12, +35x10, +45x8, +45x8

OH tri cable ext
did 4 sets (cant remember weight but i got somewhere around 140!~for 6

skullcrushers
85x10, 105x8, 105x8 eerrr something like that

preacher DB curls (first time evah so I took it slow and easy)
25'sx10, 30'sx8, 35'sx6

cable curls dropset
130x9, 120x8, 105x8

standing DB curls
45'sx7 per arm

behind-the-back wrist-curls
55x20, 65x12

My forearms were shot at this point and looked a little like bowling pins (yay!)

I AM THE KING OF WHEY...I wasted valueable food money today but I bought a 6 lb tub of choc whey from GNC (100% whey) for $30 (thay had dem a sale)

My workout made me happy even in dark times like these...

Food!

M1: 5 eggs w/ cheese, 1 cup oats
M2: 6 oz. tuna 2 ww rolls, a banana
M3: another 'nanner, 10 oz. chicken breast, .5 cups baked beans
postworkout: DETOUR bar (YAY!), 10 oz. skim milk with scoop o' whey
M4:...???

:D

JustinASU
06-02-2003, 08:20 PM
I feel like a fatass...I just ate over a pound of ground beef....thats like 1100 cals in a meal...:mad:

Alke
06-02-2003, 09:00 PM
wassup man, why'd youn break up with the girlfriend?

your lifts look strong, use the break to your advantage and come back hard!!! Did you try those 21's with DB's for arms yet (7 low, 7 high, 7 full ROM)?

JustinASU
06-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Kenn Well here's the deal about the girlfriend...I just didn't find myself physically attracted to her or connected to her anymore...that may sound schitty but what else could I do???

Yeah man I've done the 21's before...fun stuff :)

Diet today

M1: 5 eggs/cheese, 1 cup oats, multi, 8 oz milk
M2: 9 oz. tuna 4 slices ww bread 2 slices cheese, 1 cup ice cream
M3: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup yogurt, 2 scoop 100% whey from GNC and 12 oz. milk
Postworkout: 1 scoop 100% whey in water and more ice cream
:p
M4: 10 Oz. Chicken breast and 1.5 cups corn
M5: ???

Note: I had a HORRIBLE workout today due to the fact that (as Ali pointed out) I may have eaten entirely too much dairy preworkout in about 5-10 min and felt like I was going to vomit throughout the workout...and to add on to that I still have very sore arms from my crazy curl jockey day. I'm just not used to that type of volume on my arms...I need to do something to jump start these little poles Im carrying around as arms...

Deads
135x8, 225x6, 315x5, 405x3, 405x3(1 rep more than I did before)

DB rows
60x8, 75x8, 95x6
**I am switching back to either BB rows or yates rows next week...I cant stand these anymore....

Chins (to exhaust lats)
I couldnt do these today...musta been the nausea feeling and completely lack of energy...
7xBW, 6xBW, 6xBW, 6xBW

Shrugs
*these were also weak today because I felt sick
225x13, 295x8, 295x8

Overall a bad day...I think I need to do a different workout split and maybe change a few moves around because Im stagnating. Any suggestions?

*Soon I will be doing my very first cut evah...right now I weigh in at 215 lbs give or take with about 16-17% bf I wanna get down to about 10. I will be using a "supplement" to hold on to LBM while cutting (1-test). anyone who has experience with this, feel free to help me out with a successful cut.

and that's all for now folks.

JustinASU
06-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Hey avid readers! (of which there are 2.5)

Well awwwwlright...here's the last 2 workouts...

CHEST
Flat BB bench
135x10, 185x9, 225x4, 185x10

DB inc.
60x8, 75x8 (I wasnt feelin good today--I had gotten sick this morning)

OHP (standing)
115x8, 115x8, 135x6

LEGS (today)
Squat
135x10, 225x8, 315x5, 335x5, 355x5!!!! YAY for my squats finally comin back...and my quads are getting thick again...

Leg Press strip set (I went easy here because of the heavy squats)
10 platesx9
8 platesx10
6 platesx10
4 platesx12
2 platesx15

Then some seated calf work and voila!

Diet has been good and I wont type it out because *I* know it and no one ever gives me feedback on anything anyways...

JustinASU
06-09-2003, 03:11 PM
I was bored so I took some random tri shots today. Cold of course...

JustinASU
06-09-2003, 03:13 PM
and 2

WillKuenzel
06-09-2003, 03:15 PM
That's a massive tricep man.

And quite your whining about your diet! Post it. :p

Its as much for you benefit later as it is immediately. :cool:

JustinASU
06-10-2003, 08:09 PM
I appreciate you actually taking the time to post Will. SOME people should look at this as an example of how to grace a journal with their presence.

welll alright I got me a new routine, well mostly a new split.

Mon-Chest/Tris
Tues-Legs
Wed-off
Thurs-Back
Fri-Deads, shoulders

well even though today is tues I did chest cause I just did legs...here the routine...

FLat dumbell bench
60x8, 75x7, 80x6 (kinda new to this)

Incline barbell bench
135x10, 165x6, 165x6, 165x6 (new to this)

Dips (to exhaust chest)
BW+45x6, BW+45x6, BWx12

Bent Over Tricep Extentions
I got up to somewhere aroun 150x8 for 3 sets

One arm pull downs (I'm very new to this)
only did 65x10 for 2 sets on each arm

Overall an interesting workout...a ton of stuff I dont normally do but it was fun!

Food
M1:5 eggs w/ milk, 1.5 cups oats, 1 cup OJ
M2:9 oz. tuna w/ 4 slices ww bread and a cinnamon bun (mmmm)
M3: 8 oz. chicken and 2 bananas (out of veggies)
preworkout 1 scoop 100% choc whey in milk
postworkout 1 scoop 100% whey in water and 4 pack smarties
M4: 1 scoop 100% whey in milk, 4 tbsp Natty PB on 2 ww bread slices

Friend had a birthday party at the pool tonight...I was the biggest guy there until these 3 huge a$$ guys walked in...give me another year...

JustinASU
06-12-2003, 06:27 PM
Well hey there.....*waits for response*
*cricket chirps*

That's what I like to hear!!!!!

My workout for today was experimental...I'm workin on a new routine for da 1-test cutting cycle.

Chins
BWx8, BWx8, BWx8, BWx6

Cable curls
80x10, 95x10, 110x7, 110x7

T-bar rows...How the hell...? I'm new to these COMPLETELY
I did 2 45's and a 35 on the bar for sets of 8 or something...I didnt know what the hell I was doing.

Yate's Rows
Again no fookin' clue as to what Im doin' here...

135x10, 170x8, 170x8

And then I tried some DB preacher's and crapped my arms completely out...

On an odd note:
My weight was 218 even today...I think I'm adding muscle back to my legs so yeah..I'm heavy (and not too fat either lol) :D

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Where are you training at the moment? In the gym at App?

Alke
06-13-2003, 01:53 PM
now were getting somewhere, workouts looking more consistent bro'!. so quit your bitchin, keep posting workouts and I think you'll start to get some feedback.

be sure to mark what your previous bests for reps were so you can track your progress, and tapings help you to see if the exercises you are doing are actually helping your bodyparts to grow or if you need to try something different. tapings and keeping track of lifts are great aids in this.

good luck with the 1-test, for myself that stuff is still too much over my head and I need to do more research before I attempt anything with it. I also think I should wait till I reach more mass on my own before adding something else to the equation, so many factors to think about. did you just start taking it this week?

JustinASU
06-13-2003, 05:19 PM
Will/HY (which should I call you??) Yes I am working out at the App gym. Not the best equipped gym in the world and filled with stupid frat boy curl jockey's that I want to clock in the head with a 45 lb plate but hey it's doable http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Bash%20Head.gif

Kenn] Good to see ya post here again :D I don't have any tape measures so unfortunately I have NEVER measured a bodypart on me. I have my guesstimates but I'm sure they're inaccurate as hell. I'm starting my 1-test (actually it's a 1-TNT stack) tonight...well I *think* I am...I'm not training at all this weekend so I don't know if I should just wait until monday or start tonight. I've done a good bit of research on it and I think I'm gonna be happy with it. The reason for it is so I can hold onto LBM while cutting. I have a serious phobia that I will drop more muscle than fat if I cut so this should actually increase LBM while I lose BF.

I blew away a 440 lb deadlift today!

Here's da PR breakin workout :D !

Deads
135x10, 225x6, 315x2, 405x4, 435x2.75, 440x1

OHP
95x10, 125x9, 135x6, 155x5 :D

Lateral Raise Drop set
30'sx8, 25'sx8, 20'sx8, 15'sx8

Shrugs
135x15, 225x13, 315x7

And that's it...this workout made me so happy. I think I'm excited about my cycle...anyways leave some comments!

I think I might start a cutting journal seperate from this one (esp. since I'm not exactly stuck in a rut anymore) What do you guys think?

Here's the meals so far today. I was a lazy ass and woke up at 12 so I havent gotten much in.

M1: 4 eggs, 1.5 cups oats, 1 banana
M2: 7 oz. Chicken breast, 1 Natty PB sandwich on WW
Preworkout: scoop of 100% whey in milk
Postworkout: 1.5 scoops of 100% whey in water with 4 packs smarties

And dat's it!

Alke
06-13-2003, 09:08 PM
nice lifts bro' Im VERY jealous of that dead!, youve made some decent progress on those :thumbup: :thumbup:

since your cutting my suggestion would be to not worry about increasing size, just focus on increasing your strength levels and getting hard. Im cutting in a week and wont be using any prohormones or nothing, if things get too hairy I will check into it. It'll be interesting to see how you do with it.

Have you ever done deads from the top position, or partials for those? that can help increase your strength and give you a taste for VERY heavy weight.

WillKuenzel
06-16-2003, 09:01 AM
Damn nice job on those deads!! Awesome!

LOL, HY or Will. Don't make any difference. :)

Next time I'm heading home I'll see about letting you know ahead of time and working out getting together for a training session or something.

pruneman
06-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Nice dl justin! Keep up the good work and keep postin'

JustinASU
06-16-2003, 01:24 PM
I got readers! :eek:

Kenn Thanks a lot man :D Yeah I'm not gonna stress over size I just need to maintain. Once I'm done cutting I'm gonna be a skinny bitch though. I have never done partial pulls because we dont have a power rack in my gym. Just the typical squat racks...

Will Thanks bro. Yeah, definitely, that'd be a cool idea, Let me know. Hell when you're up here in Sept. whoever comes from WBB should get together at the App gym.

Pruneman Hey man! Thanks for postin' in the journal. http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Bigsmile.gif

Alright well I'm 2.5 days into the cut and I'm already wanting stuff that won't fit into my strict diet. My training partner...being the ass that he is was shoving sweet sweet brownies into my face today just to tempt me....man I hope I get some added agression soon so I have an excuse to flatten him. Let me tell ya...I can find NOTHING that tastes good on a cut. I am so tired of the typical bodybuilder staples such as chicken, tuna, eggs, and oats, but day after day I choke the crap down...I got on the scale this morning and I weighed in at 209.5...Either I didnt eat for like 3 days or I have some SERIOUS flutuations in my weight. I weighed in about a week ago (of course this was in the evening) at 218 even...Strange. Maybe waterweight/empty stomach?

I have dropped my caloric intake down to about 3000 cals a day. It's tough getting in the necessary protein when I'm worried constantly about what I am eating. I plan on eating around 3000 for most of the week and seeing how weight loss goes. I may drop down to about 2800 but I don't think I will go any lower than that or I might start dropping LBM.

I have also been on the 1-test for 2.5 days and I see no change and feel no changes...strange, I guess it takes a bit of time to set in. My first workout is today and I'm on restricted cals so we'll see how that goes. I'll update my diet and routine later on today.

JustinASU
06-16-2003, 05:50 PM
Had a good workout today. No PR's or anything special.

DB flat Bench
45'sx10, 60'sx10, 80'sx8, 80'sx6

BB Incline
135x8, 175x6, 165x8 (maybe a PR??)

Dips (to exhaust chest)
BWx15, BWx12, BWx10

-Bent Over Tricep Extentions
-1 arm pulldowns
-pulldowns

Then for sh!ts and giggles I tried to do pushups...I can usually do about 45 before I get tired but I did ummm 12 and fell flat on my face. Good session.

Meals:

M1: I ran out of eggs....2 scoops 100% whey, 16 oz. milk, cup of oats
M2: 9 oz. chicken, Natty PB sandwich on 2 slices ww bread
Preworkout: whey in cup of milk
Postworkout: whey in water 4 packs smarties
M3:???
M4:???

***I was thinking of using an ECA while cutting for improved effectiveness and decreased appetite. What do you guys think of animal cuts? I hear a lot about them...most good.

JustinASU
06-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2799
Fat: 66 590 22%
Sat: 11 95 4%
Poly: 9 84 3%
Mono: 18 160 6%
Carbs: 234 826 31%
Fiber: 27 0 0%
Protein: 309 1236 47%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

grand totals...cals are closer to 3000 (I didnt record everything)

cphafner
06-16-2003, 10:15 PM
nice deads justin. Your 218 and think you'll have the smallest arms at the Will's bb contest this spring? Arms looked pretty big in the pics to me.

JustinASU
06-17-2003, 06:48 AM
cphafner I was 218. Right now I'm hovering around 210 and I'm probably gonna drop to 200 or just below. I'm cutting. No worries bro, you were certainly look bigger than me at Will's show. Thanks for the comments though man.

On another note: I want to kill people right now. I have had some terrible insomnia. I went to bed at 12am and could not for the life of me fall asleep until 5am and I was upside down and had tossed the pillows and blankets all over my bedroom in sheer frustration. I am running on barely 3 hours of sleep and this was AFTER a TRIPLE dose of melatonin. I'm glad that sh!t is cheap because otherwise it would have been a huge waste of cash. No melatonin for me tonight. If I dont post for a while pay attention to the news because I may go on a homicidal run today. I think my 1-test is causing me insomnia but I'm not sure...

Coke
06-17-2003, 10:33 AM
Saw your pics man, Good size and potential - don't let the lack of sleep ruin it for you!

JustinASU
06-17-2003, 07:00 PM
CoCoa Hey thanks for stopping by! Potential is the opporative word in that statement you made....I'm just a skinny bitch hidin under some ab fat. Oh and I cant help the sleep, it's driving me insane.

I had a mediocre leg workout due to the fact that I've had about 4 hours of sleep. Here it goes:

Squats
135x10, 225x6, 315x5, 335x5, 345x5

45 degree leg press STRIP set
10 plates x8, 8platesx8, 6plates x10, 4 plates x10, 2 platesx15

Calf Raise
I dont remember the poundages, nor do I care

Abs

Diet today was straight. I'm still cutting at 3000 cals.

M1:2 scoops whey/milk, oats
M2:9 oz. tuna 4 slices ww bread
M3:Natty PB sammich
preworkout shake
postworkout shake w/ smarties
M4: Chicken w/ french roll
M5: Cottage Cheese

Some PLEASE gimme some feedback on this diet...it broke down like this:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2912
Fat: 53 477 17%
Sat: 10 90 3%
Poly: 6 55 2%
Mono: 9 85 3%
Carbs: 296 1077 39%
Fiber: 27 0 0%
Protein: 301 1203 44%

I still haven't felt any bit different on this stuff but I am weighing in consistently at about 1.5 lbs less than last week. I keep second guessing myself. I've never been on a cut and I feel like I'm doin something wrong.

I also am finding myself consistently full throughout the day. Why is this? I should be starving on a cut. I might be miscalculating my caloric intake...damnit.

Frozenmoses
06-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Your diet looks pretty damn good to me, Justin. If you're losing, hell even if you're pretty much stagnant on your weight, I'll bet you anything the 1-TNT is still working its magic. In fact, on my last cut with some oral 1-T, My weight stayed relatively stagnant throughout the whole cut, and I thought I was taking bunk sh!t. Towards the end of my cycle, I looked in the mirror and I looked MUCH better than when I had started. Bodyfat was definitely lowered and muscle mass was increased, right along with strength. Have faith, brotha man! Have faith!

WillKuenzel
06-18-2003, 08:39 AM
It looks about right. I might increase the fat a little and drop some of the carbs but it looks like you have things squared away. I don't think you should be starving on a cut. Keep putting in some small meals every couple hours and you won't be starving. If you are losing weight then I don't think you really need to change too much.

Evaluate at the end of every week to make sure you are still losing. If you are doing it right you might be getting away with adding some LBM while using the 1-tnt. If that's the case then really your only form of measuring your progress should be the mirror because your weight won't accurately reflect too much if you are dropping bodyfat but adding muscle.

Keep it up man. Patience is the key.

JustinASU
06-18-2003, 03:08 PM
FroMo I appreciate you taking the time to check out my diet bro. You seem to have some rather extensive and valueable knowledge concerning PHs. It always helps when you hear about the results from someone else. I'll keep the faith for now, esp. since I think it might be kicking in finally, considering my libido just shot up tenfold today (not like you really wanted to know that)...

Will I was thinking the same thing on the healthy fats and lowering the carbs. I will probably buy some FOCs soon so I can get in more EFAs, Hell I may even start some HIIT soon. I realize that the scale wont tell me anything in my circumstances so I am also going to purchase some cheapo calipers because they dont lie right? I've never been a patient person....nows a good time to start. Thanks for the diet evaluation.

RANT WARNING***
I got 5 hours of sleep last night whoo frikkin hoo! If I can increase 2 hours a night I'll be doin great by the end of the week. On another note: I hate stupid people. My sister was supposed to mail me my credit card that came in the mail Monday night. I told her over the phone to get an envelope, address it, and send it that night. She promised me that she did. I asked her Tuesday: "Did you send the card? Because you know I need it to eat..." She promised me it was sent. I call today because I have no card as of yet and as it turns out she *might* have sent it today. I can't possibly understand why some people in this world are so ****ing incompetant. I tell her I will starve without this card and does she remember to send it? NO. Does she remember to go out and drink herself into a drunken stupor with her redneck buddies almost every night? Of course!!! I know if I had the choice between letting my only brother starve to death and killing brain cells/getting fatter I'D LET HIM STARVE! Not only this, but let's look at the rest of my family. I have four sisters and no brothers. "Four sisters?" you ask? Yes, my family is Catholic. The other 3 were gifted students through high school and went to an accredited university and graduated. They are all married and successful now. I did very well in high school and I'm planning on graduating this winter from college. My younger sister however barely made it through high school and flunked a few here and there. She just recently got kicked out of UNC-Greensboro, the only school dumb enough to accept her. Now she sits at home watching her ass grow. There is something seriously wrong with this picture. Did me and my older sisters use up most of the gene pool and leave her with the crusty scrapings at the bottom or something?!? She just doesn't fit. Well if she miraculously worked up the mechnical skills in her atrophied excuse for a brain to send out a letter containing the card I MIGHT JUST EAT SOMETIME FRIDAY AFTERNOON!!!!&*^!&*%&^$ Oh well, it's a cut and I don't need food right?

JustinASU
06-19-2003, 06:48 AM
DO any of you guys have some days on a cut where you feel really small and you just want to eat like you're on a crazy bulk? Well even if ya don't, I do....today is one of those days...

WillKuenzel
06-19-2003, 08:15 AM
DO any of you guys have some days on a cut where you feel really small and you just want to eat like you're on a crazy bulk?
Everyday of my life, whether I'm cutting or not.

JustinASU
06-19-2003, 08:27 PM
Will Well you can shut the hell up because you're big anyways :p

Da workout fo today is da back and da bis
All of this was done with little to no rest (for the hell of it)

Chins
BWx10, BWx9, BWx6, BWx6

DB Rows
70x10, 95x6

Cable Curls
80x13, 95x10, 110x6, 110x6, 110x6

T-bar Rows
2 45's x11, 2 45's and a 35x7x7

Concentration curls err something

I was pissed at every god****ed person I came in contact with today. I dont feel like typing it out and you guys dont care. Just thought I'd let you know. :mad:

Meals were ok

M1:2 scoops whey w/ milk, cup of oats
M2:2 tuna sammiches
M3:Chicken, 2 scoops natty pb
preworkout shake
postowrkout shake w/ smarties
M4: 1 scoop whey w/ milk and 2 scoops Natty PB (can you tell Im out of bread and cant afford more....sad isnt it???)
M5: I got no damn clue...I have no food *sniffle* SEND MONEY PLEASE!!!!

JustinASU
06-19-2003, 11:47 PM
Total: 2967
Fat: 90 809 29%
Sat: 18 160 6%
Poly: 10 88 3%
Mono: 18 161 6%
Carbs: 203 726 26%
Fiber: 22 0 0%
Protein: 322 1289 46%

How's dat for adjusted ratios b!tch?

karkid
06-20-2003, 01:28 AM
well i just read your entire journal from start to finish for the past i dunno how long it took me, it was a good while

you've made some serious progress, how are you liking that 1-test stuff, it kinda scares me

i just started a journal, lost 13 pounds in the past two weeks, granted water weight and whatever, but still its somewhere, yay for me, i just want to see my abs, thats a while away

Denny

JustinASU
06-20-2003, 03:03 PM
karkid Hey bro, thanks for reading. 1-test so far has increase aggression/sex drive (well that's most likely the 4-AD mixed in) but I believe its slowly helping my change my body comp. I'm at about 14-15 bf% which is an improvement from 16-17 a few weeks ago. Are you lifting right now or just dieting??

Btw guys I was playing with my web camera today and whilest adjusting the focus I got a decent trap shot...I'm not even flexing it. It just poped out :) I really owe shrugs and heavy deads to FINALLY developing some traps.

karkid
06-20-2003, 03:25 PM
i've been dieting for the past 2 weeks, next week i'm going to throw lifting back into the game

i used to lift, started when i was an 8th grader, and lifted without really knowing what i was doing until i was about 16, then i did some research, bought a few books, found this site, and started getting serious, i have a pretty good amount of muscle but i've been fat for a long time, so thats my number one goal right now, not putting on muscle, but losing fat

Frozenmoses
06-20-2003, 04:21 PM
Traps are looking damn nice, Justin. Way to go, man. Way to drop the bf as well, man. How's do you feel as far as strength?

JustinASU
06-20-2003, 05:18 PM
Karkid You DO realize that if you lift hard and heavy you'll burn more cals than you ever could with cardio while packing on the muscle. I also took a look at your journal and while yes it's great you're losing weight I noticed a few inconsistencies w/ the diet which have probably already been pointed out. Don't get me wrong, I commend you on your weight loss, I just think you could be doing it a little more effeciently. I'll leave ya a post later.

FroMo Thanks man! Yeah Only problem with dropping bodyfat is muscles I previously thought were large are looking smaller now *cough*chest*cough* Strength is either remaining stable or slightly increased in most lifts but I really havent seen anything dramatic. I have only been on 1-tnt since saturday so maybe the second week it really kicks in...I do like the added aggression in the gym though.

I had a weak workout today because I've had less than 100 gr of carbs all day due to the fact that I am out of ww bread which is the staple of ALL my carbs. I'm REALLY broke and I STILL haven't gotten my %*&%&^#$%*Q^*&(%(* credit card in the &*%^&( mail. I am not happy. So I had a slower workout today but it wasn't bad overall.

Deads
135x10, 225x7, 315x3, 405x5, 405x2

OHP
95x10, 135x8, 135x8, 145x6 err something (I dont write these down in the gym--oops)

*Lateral raises

Shrugs
225x12, 315x7, 315x7, 275x10
*Then I did some clean and presses for the hell of it

Diet was so so, I need carbs...http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Sigh.gif

M1: oats, 2 scoops whey/milk
M2: 3 eggs, 2 tbsp Natty pb
M3: 2 cans tuna, milk
preworkout shake
postworkout shake
M4:
M5:
M6:

karkid
06-20-2003, 06:22 PM
i know its not perfect, but its a start, like i said i'm going to be changing to a better diet, but this was a start, and now i've got food coming until the 3rd of July.

JustinASU
06-21-2003, 03:42 AM
Good god I gotta stop these 6am party nightshttp://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Goodnight.gif....

JustinASU
06-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Hey guys I got an update...I can see 4 out of 6 abs in the morning. whoohoo! I've officially been dieting for 9 days at 3000 cals a day. I havent lost too much weight by the scale but the mirror says differently...love handles shrinking, fat leaving chest. I weigh in at about 210 lbs in the morning which is cool. My traps are starting to stick out and arms are lookin better. It's so cool. I'm even starting to like cutting. Well that is except for the horrendously tasteless food. Apparently I am long overdue for a refeed but Im trying to decide whether or not this is necessary at 3000 cals. I will be dropping down to 2800 this week I think and staying there. I will soon start an ECA too. I think I've decided on animal cuts. Can anyone give me advice on 6-oxo dosages when my cycle is up?

karkid
06-22-2003, 03:09 PM
Cool stuff, that is ultimately my goal, i've never seen my abs, i want to

Good luck man

JustinASU
06-23-2003, 07:16 PM
Chest day - - whoo hoo!

DB Bench
50sx8, 70sx6, 90'sx5, 75'sx10

Incline BB Bench
135x8, 170x7, 170x6

Low cable chest flyes
50 on each sidex12 for 3 sets

OH tricep cable extentions errr whatever
got somewhere around 130 for sets of 8-9

*Pulldowns

*Regular cable flyes on 65 for sets of 10

It was a killer/fun workout. I have never done flyes before and I must say they truely make one's chest feel GREAT!! I dropped dips by accident but I think I might leave them out. They used to give me great DOMs but they barely help anymore...My workout partner coulnt keep up with me as I was able to handle more volume with less rest.

Diet Today
M1: 4 eggs, cup o' oats
M2: 1/2 lb lean beef, 4 slices ww bread
M3: 9 oz, tuna 4 slices ww bread
Preworkout shake
Postworkout Shake w/ smarties
M4: 9 oz. chicken breast
M5: Will be some cottage cheese

I think I MIGHT do a refeed so I bought all the fun ingrdients. I'm making this a massive cheat day/refeed...Here's what's in store:

Pizza
Ice Cream
Mac and CHeese
maybe even a donut or 2
Plus all the bland protein stuff I usually eat...I cant decide when to do this. I'm going to the pool tomorrow so I wasn't sure whether or not I should wait until wednesday to refeed so I dont look all carb bloated at the pool. Can I get some feedback on this one???

Frozenmoses
06-23-2003, 08:10 PM
Sweet chest day, Justin. Flyes will definitely rip your chest up, mang. I love your refeed ingredients man, thats totally tits lol. What kind of research have you done on refeeds? Check out this link mang, it's totally ace.

http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article18.htm

karkid
06-23-2003, 08:13 PM
jeez frozenmoses, i think you are the king of linking, everywhere i look you've got a good link to some great info

Frozenmoses
06-23-2003, 08:29 PM
lol, thanks man. You'll come across a wealth of knowledge (and linkage) when you check out these forums often. I've probably attained more knowledge from WBB than highschool.

fuzz
06-23-2003, 08:34 PM
Just FYI, thats technically a "cheat" day, not a refeed day. A refeed has very high carbs, very low fat, and your normal amount of protein.

Refeeds are generally geared to help boost leptin after dieting...and also to refill glycogen stores.

Cheat days are just days where you eat whatever the fxck you want because you are tired of dieting. They also help leptin, but probably not as much as a true refeed, and they can also produce more fat gain.

Have fun with the pizza =)

JustinASU
06-23-2003, 09:44 PM
FroMo Solid link there bra'! I learned a good bit about a refeed. You can provide linkage in my journal anytime...

FuzzWell I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. I have all sorts of crazy cravings for junk so I thought I could have a high card/ cheat day at the same time...here's a quote from the helpful article provided above...

When overfeeding, more calories are entering the fat cells than are leaving (positive flux). The system 'senses' this and affects many processes, one of which is leptin production (increasing leptin production). So leptin increases.

Do you guys think I should stick with a pure refeed day? What would one eat in that case? I really don't think I can stomach a sh!tload of oatmeal anymore http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Noooo.gif

BTW I looked at the BMR index article on that site and according it that article my maintenence cals are somewhere over 4000...Doesn't that seem insanely high? ANd wouldn't that also make a cut at 3000 cals insanely low? I haven't really lost a lot of weight yet so I'm all sorts of confused by this article.

fuzz
06-23-2003, 10:19 PM
Refeeds can still be fun. For mine I have a ton of sugar cereal (count chocula, lucky charms) - then I start having better carb sources. Whole wheats, bagels, etc.

But it definitely isn't as fun as a cheat day where you can have whatever you want.

Frozenmoses
06-23-2003, 10:38 PM
:withstupi

During my last cut, on refeed days I would have 2 meals that consisted of 4 bowls of cereal each. Lucky Charms, Froot Loops, Apple Jacks, and that new Scooby Doo cereal. Good gawd, cutting almost looks fun.

:drooling:

JustinASU
06-24-2003, 03:07 PM
Well fellas, the refeed is a success (in my mind) thus far...

I am eating what seems like a crapload of food and its almost ALL carbs. And not entirely unhealthy. Let me know what you guys think so far. My main carb sources have been: bananas, Honey frosted mini wheats (whole grain with a sh!tload of fiber--pun intended), and mac and cheese, throw some milk in there and maybe a yogurt or two...these are my macros so far! I still have a meal or two more to go.

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3360
Fat: 60 542 17%
Sat: 17 153 5%
Poly: 4 33 1%
Mono: 2 22 1%
Carbs: 499 1828 56%
Fiber: 42 0 0%
Protein: 222 886 27%

What do you foo's think?

JustinASU
06-24-2003, 07:25 PM
I had a leg day on my first refeed day evah...It wasn't spectacular. I think I might be overtraining my lower back. I use a lot of back in squats and I deadlift very heavy...For some reason my lower back has DOMs all week long whether I'm using it or no. I might cut out squats for a bit and focus on leg press/extensions.

Squats
135x12, 225x10, 315x11, 315x10, 315x10

* At this point my back was in so much pain I couldnt walk right or stand....it was horrible...I need to give it a rest

45 degree Leg Press
8platesx12, 10platesx10, 12platesx8

Seated Calf raises

I will post my whole days diet later on because Im about to go out and have some fun but here's the macro breakdown:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3620
Fat: 65 587 17%
Sat: 17 153 4%
Poly: 4 33 1%
Mono: 2 22 1%
Carbs: 509 1860 53%
Fiber: 44 0 0%
Protein: 262 1046 30%

I may eat a yogurt or 2 before bed. That is all for now.

karkid
06-25-2003, 05:47 PM
be careful, you dont want to hurt your back

Frozenmoses
06-25-2003, 06:58 PM
:withstupi

Please, please please be careful deadlifting. I destroyed my back doing them, and while you probably don't have the same condition I do, a back injury is about the worst kind to get. It can be very serious and very permanent. How'd you like the refeed?

JustinASU
06-25-2003, 06:58 PM
Macro breakdown for today:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2822
Fat: 115 1035 38%
Sat: 31 283 10%
Poly: 13 120 4%
Mono: 36 327 12%
Carbs: 166 582 21%
Fiber: 21 0 0%
Protein: 274 1095 40%

Cutting sucks. Should refeeds last longer than a day? I think that article said they should if one is under 15% and by my best estimates I am. Oh well I did one day and got in about 550 carbs. Im kinda paranoid that I'm dropping ym cals too low and I'm gonna lose muscle. I still havent figured out a simple way to calculate my maintenance...

JustinASU
06-25-2003, 07:02 PM
FroMo The refeed was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It reminded me of my buking days http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Bellow.gif I felt stuffed all the time but the carbs did make me feel (and look) a bit bloated...Like I said though, I think I will take it easy on my back, I understand those injuries can be completely deabilitating.

JustinASU
06-27-2003, 05:46 PM
Sorry I've been slack in updating this recently but I've been busy trying to finish up my Integrated Marketing Communications class and find a ride back to Greensboro or Durham. Here's The back workout, I didnt write down poundages so I will guess...

pull-ups/chin-ups supersetted (dont ask I was playin around) 3 or 4 sets

DB Rows
Last set was something like 100lb DBsx5 which aint too shabby for me :D

Cable curls
Last set was around 150lbs for 8

BB Rows
Last set was something like 185 for 7 or 8

DB Preacher Curls
*cant remember

Abs

T-bar Rows

I wish I wrote down the poundages as this doesnt help very much

TODAY's WORKOUT DEADLIFT/SHOULDERS

Deads
135x12, 225x6, 315x5, 405x5, 450x1(PR)!

I tried DB OHP after this and failed miserably...I hate it.

BB OHP
135x8, 135x8, 150x5, 150x6

DB Lateral Raises
20'sx12, 25'sx10, 30'sx8

Shrugs
225x15, 295x10, 315x8

That is all...Diet for today breaks down like this...

Total: 3012
Fat: 115 1037 36%
Sat: 33 301 10%
Poly: 10 92 3%
Mono: 40 359 12%
Carbs: 150 548 19%
Fiber: 13 0 0%
Protein: 329 1318 45%

DO those macros look alright???

JustinASU
07-01-2003, 04:53 PM
I will be in Durham at my parents' house (also known as a living hell) for the next week hence the lack of updates. I am not too fond of surfing the web on a 56k AOL dial up connection. I do want to say one thing...I tend to be an aggressive person naturally, without any assistance but this 1-tnt is doing a number on my aggression around my family...Let's just say I've yelled at a few family members who were being completely irrational and probably scared the crap out of them...I have never been more frustrated or stressed out since early high school. I don't know what to do with myself, I want to break something, preferably a human skull.

JustinASU
07-06-2003, 09:00 PM
Here's the slightly newer me...still retaining water but already looking hella better...

JustinASU
07-06-2003, 09:02 PM
another ...kinda same pose...I'll post some others later...

Behemoth
07-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Looking big bro, good luck with the rest of the cut.:thumbup:

JustinASU
07-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words Behemoth.

Brief update kids (for those who care)

I'm consistently weighing in at around 216-218 now for no good reason. I am leaner than I've ever been though so I'm all sorts of confused. If I wasn't so poor I might go buy some calipers. I umm cheated a bit while I was at home. These cheats consisted of pizza, margaritas and quesadillas from Cosmic Cantina, chinese food, donuts, pie...and well it goes on and on. I dont think it hurt me all that much. I have successfully cut for three weeks. This was supposed to be a 4 week cut so Im getting worried because Im still above my target bf% (I wanted to get to 10 and I'm somewhere around 13-14) Considering I used to be something like 17 I still did good so far. and I am coming in 5 lbs heavier than usual but that could be water retention. I guess I cant really tell my final BF% until I do my postcycle of 6-OXO. I also need to work on post-cycle diet if anyone is willing to assist me in that aspect. I think I will do some cardio in this 4th week and keep my diet strict. I will also be doing one more refeed. I am unsure as to what I should do calories wise after the cylce of 1-tnt is over. Should I continue cutting or would that be too detrimental on my body? Should I bulk? Should I eat maintenence??? Any advice is appreciated.

Frozenmoses
07-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Hey Justin, great job on the progress so far, man!

I would say to continue your cut through the 6-OXO. It's going to help get your natural test levels back up, so I think you could continue to cut without any problems. After the 6-OXO however, I would say to start eating at maintenance at least, if not more. You won't have any chemical assistance with your t levels at that point, and a caloric surplus is the only surefire way of promoting optimal natty t-levels.

JustinASU
07-10-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm unhappy with my progress in cutting and my size. I dont know if this is just something in my head or reality but either way it SUCKS. I feel slightly flabbier and smaller than I have been. And I'm almost ready to start poppin some 6-oxo, now I need to figure out the dosage and time of day to take it. I got me 2 bottles.

I havent put up my last 3 workouts....I think my journal died. I got tired of posting workouts. Especially when they arent all that impressive and because I hurt my knee badly this week so I havent been able to do much.

A nice depressing post. I think I will give a 4AD/1-test combo one more go when I bulk but if there aren't some damn nice results after that cycle I'm either goin back to bein ALL Natty or I'm movin' over to the dark side.

JustinASU
07-10-2003, 05:58 PM
After a workout and some deep thought I've decided I complain a lot and I'm too hard on myself. I mean I stepped on the scale today and it said something like 220. Given some of that is water weight but considering I've gotten a bit leaner. The only thing is I didnt lose as much fat as I thought I would but I can judge until I've gone through my 6-OXO. My workout wasn't bad either. I'm gonna stop bitching for now and see how I look post cycle.

Workout for today: Back & Bis

Chins for warmup
BWx10, BWx10, BWx10

DB rows
70'sx8, 90'sx6, 100'sx6!

Cable Curls
final set was 150x8

t-Bar rows
2 45's + 1 35x12, 2 45's +2 35'sx6, 2 45's+1 35+2 10'sx7

*if that makes sense lol

Then I did some DB hammer curls and lat pull downs to exhaust.

That is all. Still waiting for advice on proper 6-OXo dosage.

JustinASU
07-11-2003, 06:06 PM
Deadlift/shoulder day today.

DEADS
135x12, 225x10, 405x6, 455x1
New PR yay! Only prob is I think my lower back is incredibly overtrained from all the heavy dead work. ALthough I did skip deads last week...it's just sore all the time.

OHP
95x10, 135x8, 165x4, 135x7
I was shaky on the 165 and I had a bad spotter. Thye almost dropped the bar on my head.

LATERAL RAISES
20x12, 25x10, 30x8
Shoulders were nice a fried at this point.

Shrugs supersetted w/ cable chest flyes (because I felt like it foo'!)
225x12 (shrugs), 45x15 (flyes), 315x10 (shrugs), 50x13 (flyes), 315x10 (shrugs), 60x10 flyes, 315x10 shrugs

There's da workout...diet has been ****ty because I felt scrawney today and ended up eating some crappy. carbs. I never really eat veggies. Is this hurting me a lot????

rookiebldr
07-13-2003, 08:48 AM
No need to be discouraged, hitting pr's while you are cutting is mucho excellant!!!! Those numbers are nothing to sneeze at either.

Veggies (esp. green ones) are great and they have only small amounts of carbs in them with lots of fibre so eat them up. have you decided on the cutting while using 6-oxo? I wasn't sure after reading the above posts.

JustinASU
07-13-2003, 10:35 AM
Rook Thanks for stopping by and reading. :) I have yet to decide. I'd like to continue to cut but I'm worried about LBM loss due to the fact that I am off the 1-tnt now. That stack allowed me to keep muscle mass but I don't know how well the 6-OXO will preserve mass. I'm still looking for help on that one and I posted something in the supplement forum on it.

Stabber
07-16-2003, 04:22 PM
i just read your complete journal. Good stuff. Don't be scared to lose LBM while cutting. That will only happen if you do it like a moron (just like I did). Just keep your intake level high and do some HIIT.

Keep it up and don't kill any family members while you're at home

JustinASU
07-17-2003, 07:43 PM
Stabber Thank for stoppin by the old journal man, I dont get too many visitors nowadays...

SO I havent updated in a week. Sue me. I've been a bit depressed in the last week about my body and my lifting. I'm actually going to put up a post in the general chat forum about it because its getting rather serious.

Here's the workouts for the week. Poundages may be slightly off since Im doing this by memory.

MONDAY - CHEST

DB FLAT BENCH
70'sx12, 80'sx10, 85'sx9, 85'sx8

BB INCLINE BENCH
135x10, 165x9, 165x9

*OH cable extensions
*Chest Flyes
*Pulldowns

TUESDAY - LEGS ***I went easy on this day because I still have a knee injury!

Squats
135x10, 225x10, 315x8, 315x8, 315x8
***I havent maxed out on squats in a while but I think Im somewhere around 375-390

Leg Press
8 platesx15, 10 platesx12, 12 platesx10, 14 platesx8, 14 plates+ 50 lbsx7

*Seated calf machine
*Leg Ext.
*Seated Calf raises

WEDNESDAY - OFF

THURSDAY (TODAY) - BACK

Chins
10xBW, 8xBW, 6xBW, 6xBW
*** I cant get ANYWHERE WITH THESE even though my rows are respectable....

DB ROWS
80sx10, 95sx8, 100sx6

*Cable curls
*T-bar Rows

BB ROWS
135x12, 175x10

*Cable hammer curls

That's all. I felt the most nauseated I have EVER felt after my workout today and I almost lost it...this is due to a LOT of factors I believe: Lack of sleep, horrible diet, stress, too much volume, etc....I'm screwing myself over.

I hate this.

Stabber
07-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Stabber Thank for stoppin by the old journal man, I dont get too many visitors nowadays...

SO I havent updated in a week. Sue me. I've been a bit depressed in the last week about my body and my lifting. I'm actually going to put up a post in the general chat forum about it because it's getting rather serious

I'll check that post out. I've been through a lot myself

AdamGberg
07-18-2003, 03:32 AM
hey buddy, i just read your post in the general chat about being depressed...i know how u feel...i am skinny with fat hips, it sux, my lifts suck, i have to shave my chest once every other day...

BUT we are alive and healthy. we both have computers and the internet, we both are literate and damn, we both go to college...i guess it isn't that bad after all...hope all is well with ya, thanks again for the advice on the 1-TNT, i am gonna hold off of it until i go back to school and get a regular schedule...best of luck, drop me a PM if ya like to bitch about stuff...

cphafner
07-18-2003, 09:07 AM
Justin: I know how you feel man. I had a rant a few days back in my journal about this. People like us who are this fanatical about working out never seem to get it to the level they want it to. We can always be bigger, or stronger, or leaner, or all of the above. Sometimes when people question my obbsession for this stuff, I just respond with you don't understand. However I am trying to not let it get too me as much. I realized that they are right in a sense. Its cool to have the dedication, but we need to know where to draw the line. I'm trying to not be bother so much with what I eat, missing a workout, etc. We only live one, we need to enjoy it.

JustinASU
07-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Adam & Cp Hey guys. I seriously would like to thank you for your support and comments. I dont think the good majority of us will ever be at a point where we are completely satisfied, it's just that for some of us that dissatisfaction runs a lot deeper. It's good to know there's guys like you whom I can relate to. That gives me a little hope in my current situation.

FRIDAY - SHOULDERS and DEADS

***I took it easy today because the AC in the gym was broken and it was HOT! Plus I didnt have a spotter so I couldnt go too heavy on the OHPs....

Deads
135x12, 225x8, 405x7, 405x6
*I was so sweaty I couldnt even hold on to the bar anymore...

OHP
95x10, 135x8, 155x5, 135x7
*Again, I kept away from failure on these

DB Lateral Raises
25'sx12, 30'sx10, 30'sx10

Shrugs
225x12, 315x10, 315x10, 315x10

DIET so far today
M1: Eggs whites and ww pancakes with sugar free syrup
M2: Protein Shake
M3: CHicken Breast w/ greens
Preworkout sjake
Postworkout Shake
M4: Chicken Breast and Natty PB w/ sugar free preservatives on ww bread
M6: ???

JustinASU
07-18-2003, 05:25 PM
Here's a random back pic. These types of pics are so hard to take by yourself on a webcam...Look closely in my one hand and you can see me holding the mouse as I pose...

cphafner
07-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Justin, anytime. Nice deads, I barely squeezed out 1 rep @405 today.

AdamGberg
07-18-2003, 07:29 PM
huge back! lookin' good bro. keep up the good work!

JustinASU
07-21-2003, 07:13 PM
CP & Adam Thank ya! :D

Today was a chest day but I had about 4 hours of sleep last night due to the fact that I went out and saw 'Pirates of the Carribean'. Lemme tell ya, this movie was the best I've seen all summer. I wish I was a pirate...:mad:

My strength is starting to drop :cry: I no longer have chemical assistance yet I am still cutting and lemme tell ya I'm down about 4% bf in 5 weeks time. I was about 18 and now I'm comin in about 14 I wanna end it around 11.

Here is my WEAK workout:

MONDAY-CHEST/TRIS

DB Bench
70sx10, 85sx6, 85sx6, 75sx8

***I felt particularly weak on these. Two weeks ago I was doin' 90s for 7.

Incline BB Bench
135x8, 165x8, 165x8

***Felt weak on these too. I was doin 175 for 8

Decline BB Bench
185x10, 205x8

***Haven't done these in 2 months so nothing to compare to.

*OH tri cable ext
*Chest Flyes
*Pulldowns

Diet:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3251
Fat: 113 1021 32%
Sat: 27 246 8%
Poly: 5 49 2%
Mono: 24 212 7%
Carbs: 220 779 25%
Fiber: 25 0 0%
Protein: 341 1362 43%

Cals were higher than I would have liked today. Ah well still losing weight.

Alke
07-21-2003, 08:07 PM
hey justin

ya workout is looking good, I know it sucks to see weight go down (I am in the same boat and my incline presses have dropped since starting a cut) but that happens.

You still got impressive picks though, and your traps are ALMOST as big as mine LOL **runs**

I was thinking of catching that movie myself, maybe you could get into pro wrestling and be a pirate :D If I didnt have a bum knee, let me tell you I would be all over pro wrestling. I enjoyed the HELL out of high school wrestling.

JustinASU
07-22-2003, 07:47 PM
Kenn Thanks bro'! :bash: (for teh trap comment) :D

Anyways, DIET:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3061
Fat: 113 1020 35%
Sat: 25 225 8%
Poly: 6 54 2%
Mono: 20 184 6%
Carbs: 218 739 25%
Fiber: 33 0 0%
Protein: 298 1191 40%

LEGS DAY

Squat
135x10, 225x8, 315x8, 345x6, 345x6

Leg Press
8 platesx15, 10 plates x 12, 12 platesx10, 14 platesx8

Seated Calf Machine
360x25, 400x25, 400x25

Seated Calf Press
3 platesx15, 3 platesx12, 3 platesx12

That's it!

cphafner
07-22-2003, 10:29 PM
nice squatting just. I got pschyed cuz I moved 315 once today, I come over her and you got it 8 times on a warmup set...

JustinASU
07-23-2003, 11:20 AM
CP Thanks man, I have pride in my leg strength, even if its still miniscule compared to the big boys like Belial.

I had a cheat meal today. It was 4 slices of Hawiian Pizza at work. Remember that whole self loathing thing I mentioned on general chat? It won't stop nagging me. I know I haven't gotten down to the target bodyfat percentage that I want (10%) but I feel like if I keep going I'm going to shrink into this skinny guy that I am constantly fighting off. I have already lost inches on my chest with this cut. Maybe even .5 to 1 inch on my arms. It's the little gut that's clinging to me that's driving me insane. Since I'm losing fat everywhere else I feel like a skinnyfat bastard. I have trouble even looking in the mirror sometimes due to the loathing of my physique. I want to get big. I want to just start packing on lean mass and letting my bodyfat to drop that way, but I CAN'T pack on lean mass. The body isn't built that way right? Any diet that boasts losing fat and gaining LBM at the same time is bullsh!t right? So I need to pick one direction, but if I bulk, even cleanly, I'm sure I'll put my self back in 17-18% bf range fast and I've spent 6 weeks getting down to something around 14%. If I keep cutting I'll drop another couple lbs of LBM and BF and look like a skinny bastard and people will just ask me how/why I got smaller. If they're not asking they're thinking it. I'm frustrated with bodybuilding and dieting and all that stuff. God, AAS seem so desireable sometimes....

Coke
07-27-2003, 07:39 AM
You seem like a cool guy and all but maybe a little too self-critical :p

What I want to say is this, The pics I've seen of yours are all very good with the possible exception of one picture in which you appear to have bulked up more...;)

Otherwise I will say that you look great and better than most. I agree on the leg strength - looks like you can go in and put up good numbers even if you been skipping the squats.

You really are doing very well - keep up the good work
:thumbup:

JustinASU
08-01-2003, 08:18 PM
CoCoa, thanks for the encouragement. Too bad encouragement is lost on me.

I am ending this journal. I'm tired of my mediocre results and I'd rather not share my lack progress and low self esteem about my physique with others. Thanks for all the support guys, too bad I can't get this stuff right.

AllUp
08-07-2003, 02:21 PM
Im in the 'Click HERE and make me feel not so lonely...' Zone... Nooo!
j/k Cool Journal man :)

-AllUp

BadAttituud
08-19-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by AllUp
Im in the 'Click HERE and make me feel not so lonely...' Zone... Nooo!
j/k Cool Journal man :)

-AllUp

I clicked here too.. Justin, why haven't you been posting lately?

JustinASU
08-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Wow people wanna read my journal? I never thought I'd see the day. Yeah so I killed my journal in the heat of passion because I'm rather frustrated with my physique and muscle mass right now. I have been randomly posting in other parts of the site but things have been rough for me lately in a lot of aspects. I'm at a point in my life right now where I've been more unhappy than I have ever been before and I should be very happy. I realize I have body dysmorphia and no matter what I will always hate the results I am getting from lifting. I appreciate your interest and desire to make me feel not so lonely but I killed my journal until I am happier with my results in the gym and my life in general. Thanks again guys. Feel free to check out my pitiful pics in the members pics section and comment on them.

Alke
08-19-2003, 04:16 PM
body dys-what? ending your journal? mediocre results?

am I in the right journal? dude, cept for the occaional whining :eek: :whiner:
(j/k, we all have our whiny moments) you got some great lifts. but yeah, its all good....just post a few once in a while and let us know whats going on in your life.