PDA

View Full Version : Fat micro breakdown for cutting, does it matter?

Behemoth
04-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Everyone knows when cutting that you don't want to go hog wild on sugars and simple carbs. But what about the micronutrient breakdown of fat while cutting? It's understood that unsaturated fats are much better for you general health wise. But for cutting, does saturated vs. unsaturated make any differences in shedding bodyfat?

Also, another question about fat and dieting. So far I've been cutting about 3 weeks, and have seen good results. Slow like a I want them, but quality. I've been eating around 75+ grams of fat a day(on a 2400 calorie a day diet). As I get leaner and try to drop stubborn fat, am I going to need to lower my fat intake. It will obviously need lowered if I lower calories, but right now my ratios are pretty close to isocaloric. Shredded-ness can easily be achieved on a isocaloric diet right?

bradley
04-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Here is a thread that might interest you:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24148

Shredded-ness can easily be achieved on a isocaloric diet right?

I don't know about easily :), but it can be done. Once you get to lower bf percentages you will need to incorporate periodic refeeds. Also you might want to run a search on a CID (cyclical isocaloric diet). Might find some good reading on it.

Ironman8
04-03-2003, 04:50 PM
Truth about saturated fats (http://www.mercola.com/2002/aug/17/saturated_fat1.htm)

Also, read this interesting article.

Severed Ties
04-03-2003, 06:41 PM
Macronutrient managment are far more important that total caloric so to answer your question, yes they not only matter but they are the game breaker.

ST

Behemoth
04-04-2003, 05:47 AM
But I'm wondering beyond macronutrient breakdown, to the micronutrient breakdown of fat. If my diet contains 75 grams of fat a day. Does it make a difference cutting wise, if its 60 unsaturated and 15 saturated, or 60 saturated and 15 unsaturated?

BTW I'm not going to eat all this satty fat, I always consume good EFA's, I'm just asking for learning sake.