PDA

View Full Version : How to increase appetite?

ZX759
04-03-2003, 10:22 PM
I currently eat three meals a day. I would like to eat at least four. Is there any way for me to increase my appetite?

CollegeBoy
04-03-2003, 10:30 PM
:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: Works for me...

Eat about 6 meals per day... smaller portions spaced out. After a while you will start to develop a NICE appetite. Took me about 2 or 3 weeks before I became used to all of the food. Now I'm hungry all the time. This is partly due to the ganja... but :) I attribute most to the meal frequency.

JD

bradley
04-04-2003, 02:30 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29467

Ironman8
04-04-2003, 07:29 AM
Are you eating alot of fiber? If you are, that's what keeping you full. Increase carbohydrate intake. You should eat fiber, but don't let it be the main staple in your diet.

ZX759
04-04-2003, 11:47 AM
No, I don't think I'm eating alot of fiber. Just what types of foods are high in fiber?

Silverback
04-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Vegetables, wholewheat bread, brown rice, all-bran etc...

Whats your training like? if your training hard then like the majority of us on WBB you'd be hungry almost all the time, its the case with me anyway.

A big contributonary factor will be what your stomach is used to, you must force it to adapt if that is the case, then you will find it much easier to eat more.

B-R

lazyman79
04-04-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Big-Ron
Vegetables, wholewheat bread, brown rice, all-bran etc...

Whats your training like? if your training hard then like the majority of us on WBB you'd be hungry almost all the time, its the case with me anyway.

A big contributonary factor will be what your stomach is used to, you must force it to adapt if that is the case, then you will find it much easier to eat more.

B-R

Hes right, I workout 5 days a week in addition to running 3-4 days a week. If I go more than three hours without eating I start to go nuts. Usually as your activity level increases so does your appetite.

EdgeCrusher
04-04-2003, 02:21 PM
My appetite was bad a few months ago and I was also @ a low maintanance lvl, which sucks when dieting. I started eating more meals, and on the weekdays I'd eat below maintanance and on the weekends I'd eat well above. I don't know the science of it, but sleep, spicy food, water, eating more meals, and alternating total caloric intake seemed to make me hungrier and burn more calories. In the beginning a soda would push me over my maintanance and now I can (as I did today - it's the weekend) get Kung Pao Tofu, White rice, a Sobe drink, and a slurpee. I think eating more is the first step.

Ironman8
04-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Ya, what is your excercise routine like? Did you just start lifting? If you have, you're leptin is probably still telling your body that you're full after you eat. Once you start excercise more vigerously, you'll never feel full again :D

Bryan
04-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Hehe, lifting sends my hungry through the roof, Im constantly hungry and constantly eating