PDA

View Full Version : Cutting with Westside

Xg74
04-04-2003, 12:13 AM
Is cutting on Westside viable while still gaining strength regularly?
The plan is to keep calories at just below maintainance while keeping a 40% protein 30% fat 30% carb split. Sound ok? Or should I go for a 40% fat 30% carb 30% protein split? I don't want to do CKD, or anything else, just want to keep cals low.

I am about to start Westside on Monday, but noticed today that I think that I should start cutting now, as my keg has gotten bigger (and I need at least a good sized waist (around 32) for my height for the Army, it is at 36 right now, my pants lie they arn't 32 inches around). Any comments?

Xg74
04-04-2003, 12:23 AM
Forgot to add that I will be adding HIIT at least once per week.

Nights
04-04-2003, 12:25 AM
My last cut, I actually made rather nice gains in strength while losing about 7 pounds.. this was not with westside though. Right now I'm on westside and have just begun a cut. That doesn't really help you though, seeing as I haven't been at it long enough to figure out my results yet (only a week into the cut).

Paul Stagg
04-04-2003, 09:04 AM
I'm about to find out.

I'm trying to get my bf down (for a number of reasons, but primarily because my pants no longer fit) currently, and train WSB.

My guess is that you can still make some strenght gains (since a part of strength is neurological, and can be improved regardless of caloric intake), but I doubt I'll see the same gains I was seeng on some of my ME lifts, and certainly not on the accessory stuff.

That said - If you drop 20 pounds, and keep your squat, dead, and bench the same, isn't that a success?

Xg74
04-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
That said - If you drop 20 pounds, and keep your squat, dead, and bench the same, isn't that a success?

That certainly would be a success, strenght is at least the same, which, to me, is certainly worth it.

I suppose I will give it a try, like you, and see what happens.

Oh, and HIIT is much more difficult than I thought it would be, I almost threw up during it, and it only lasted like 7 minutes! Only around 3 second sprinting as I was going at my max. Damn I'm tired now.