PDA

View Full Version : weight flucuation

scubasteve
04-04-2003, 12:01 AM
hey guys,

have you guys ever had any big weight fluctuations?? I work out regularly and get a good amount of cardio. Ive lost 70lbs since last may, but recently slacked back a little due to a new girlfriend [ INSERT whippin sounds here], and havnt hit the gym as much, plus ate a little worse than usual (still not bad eatin, no excess calories, just empty ones.. ), and my gym time has been cut in half ... this period has lastest about 2 weeks ... anyway ... the scale now says that im 9lbs heavier ... I got down to 177, stayed there for about 3 weeks ... and am now at 186-188 ... could this be my body retaining water?? .... Fat cant be added that quickly can it ... Ive gone back to my routine, and so far over 2 days, havnt lost anything ....

just want some opinons ...

EdgeCrusher
04-04-2003, 12:28 AM
Hmm... 2 weeks is not much time for that much fat to be put on. I'm sure a lot is water, but you most likely did put fat on from inactivity. Furthermore, you should count calories to see if they truly are the same as before. I'm guessing you're eating above maintanance. Congrats on losing the 70 lbs in the first place though.

Hit the gym and work out harder.

bradley
04-04-2003, 02:44 AM
You could have gained some weight from the increased calories and decreased activity but I wouldn't think you have put on 9lbs in two weeks. The weight is probably mainly water and glycogen as Edgecrusher said. Nice job on losing the 70lbs.

Ironman8
04-04-2003, 07:25 AM
Look at your stomach. Do you look bloated?

Ritzol
04-04-2003, 09:21 AM
OMG.... you want to talk about weight fluctuation, try being me for a few days.

Budiak
04-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Heh. Or me! I havent owned a pair of pants for more than six months in the past 4 years!

And my friends want me to go to the Buckle and drop 85 bucks on a pair of Luckys or Mavis when I can buy enough Old Navy jeans for a year for the same amount.