PDA

View Full Version : New pics and a question

kalashnikov83
04-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone Ive been gone for a couple months due to a broken computer and what not. The pics of me are at 216 lbs. 19 yrs old, and after 16 months of training. Now for the question. My brother and my friend are competing in a Natural bodybuilding contest in November and this has been tempting me to compete. Please look at the pics and tell me if you think I could have a chance of doing well in the Junior division 19-22 yrs in a natural comp. Please be very honest because I dont want to waste my money and time to compete if I dont have a good chance of doing well. I have no problem waiting another year. If I did compete i would have 2 more months to put on some muscle and about 4 months to cut, Id probably be about 190 lbs. I know my chest and calves suck, please point out any other weak points. thanks in advance

kalashnikov83
04-04-2003, 11:08 AM
back

kalashnikov83
04-04-2003, 11:09 AM
lats

Silverback
04-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Damn you look almost identicle to me, im 19yrs 6ft 1 and 210lbs.

You look good mate and your back is definately a strong point, its like they say 'Back is where its at!'

I think that maybe you should give the comp a miss this year though, and take it next year. Competing with 22 year olds now would be a real step up, they will have had 2 years extra building, which makes a big difference trust me.

Where are you from? and do you intend to get a journal up and running?

ElPietro
04-04-2003, 12:50 PM
I would say that you aren't quite big enough, and not quite lean enough. Although, you are pretty good in both regards, if it were only one or the other, i'd say go for it, but as you'd have conflicting goals I don't think you have enough time to prepare for a comp this year. I do think that if you bulked up a bit more, and added some decent mass, you'd definitely be ready to compete after some pre-comp dieting.

Also, get rid of that hairdo!

As Sam Malone would say, "...there's no such thing as a bad kid, just kids with bad haircuts." :p

powerhalf
04-04-2003, 01:27 PM
You look like Sonny in the Godfather, even more so with the hair.

I know that has nothing to do with anything, but Sonny was ****ing hardcore, so congrats on that ;)

Behemoth
04-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Well if the comp is by age and not weight I'd say drop it. If you got a bit more bulking then a good cut in, You'd probably look pretty good for your weight. But that might be on the lower end of your division.

BTW, starts giving your hams and calves a lot more attention.

Ironman8
04-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Give it a try. There's a first time for everything :)

kalashnikov83
04-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate all of them. Keep em coming.

Narcissus
04-04-2003, 06:22 PM
i agree that your back is definitely a strong point, and your hams need bringing up.
that being said, i do not think you would do well in the competition - not because of your physique, but because of those of your competitors. most natural recurrent champions dabble in things that would certainly not be considered natural (clen, t-3, dnp, gh, small amounts of different steroids) that give them quite an edge to those (like you) who intend to compete in the natural competition naturally.
for example, i know a guy who won a southern states natural bodybuilding show for the heavyweight division 2 years ago. i also know the guy who administers his shots for him. it is pathetic.

Reinier
04-05-2003, 11:57 AM
:withstupi

I dont think your ready to compete but you look good

EdgeCrusher
04-06-2003, 12:38 AM
you're not ready, but you're looking better than me. keep up the hard work.

-sin-
04-06-2003, 01:21 AM
Natural Bodybuilding shows are a sham.