PDA

View Full Version : 27lbs later....

Blitzforce
04-04-2003, 08:19 PM
As it says - one year later, almost :)

5'9" - natural

Vido
04-04-2003, 08:36 PM
I honestly can't see much difference between the 2 pics. The good thing is you don't look to have gained any bodyfat so you must be sporting some new muscle somewhere. Did your leg size increase dramatically?

Blitzforce
04-04-2003, 08:40 PM
leme see, arms went from 15 to 16 1/8 inches, legs went from 26 to 27.75 inches, back exploded :)

AstronautJones
04-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Wow, excellent work, I must say! I can definitely see the difference. Keep up the good work man!

Vido
04-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Blitzforce
leme see, arms went from 15 to 16 1/8 inches, legs went from 26 to 27.75 inches :)

Well that's a very solid improvement then. You do look bigger, I just would have thought that 27 lbs on a 5'9 frame would be a lot more pronounced.

Blitzforce
04-04-2003, 08:52 PM
I am a little bit fatter :)

But when you spread 27lbs all over the whole body, then it's not that dramatic I guess

kook
04-04-2003, 09:37 PM
chest traps and arms def greww.. your lookin great, and i was thinking the same thing, where are you hiding that 27 lbs?(my guess your legs) so where is that pic hmmm?
do you know your bf now?

Blitzforce
04-04-2003, 09:48 PM
pretty fat - 15+% at a guess

legs

Ironman8
04-04-2003, 10:38 PM
I definitly see a difference in your shoulders.

Manveet
04-04-2003, 10:44 PM
I see it in your chest. Overall, you look a tad bigger. Not trying to belittle your gains or anything, you still look very good. Progress will look even more pronounced as you continue to add mass, keep at it.

Slowmo
04-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Hmm, it honestly doesn't look like 27lbs, especially considering you have small joints and frame, but maybe it's because your body fat has increased, like you said. When your bf is 16-20% it's harder to see the size increase. Anyway, good job, getting bigger. Maybe time to shed some fat? When you start gaining at a lower body fat you'll get more LBM gains.

MonStar
04-04-2003, 11:01 PM
Yeah everything looks a little different. Hard to believe that its 27 lbs. Good work, though.

Skillz
04-04-2003, 11:05 PM
i can see sum slight progress, ur shoulder area seems to be more pronounced, u look like u've been gettin solid overall, keep it up though man...a nice cut would make it look hella good too

Skillz

chris mason
04-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Blitz, you are the victim of b.s. advertisements... I can see a big difference in your chest, shoulders, and traps. The people who say they don't see a difference is because they are used to looking at Muscletech etc. ads which show these dramatic changes in people. Unfortunately, the ads don't mention that the people are juicing their brains out, and gaining back muscle they purposely lost.

A 27lb gain with a minimum of bodyfat is great.

Now, you have posted other pictures where the difference was less noticable, but in this picture, anyone should be able to see the difference.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-05-2003, 07:42 AM
I agree.

Your bodyfat looks like it has barly changed and yet your shoulders, traps and chest look significantly bigger.

Silverback
04-05-2003, 08:21 AM
:withstupi

Shoulders have definately come on, lets see a back pic though i have a feeling that your back has come on from then by the way you talk about it, that may account for quite a few of those 27lbs

keep it up blitz :thumbup

rookiebldr
04-05-2003, 09:51 AM
I agree as well with Mason, Rob and Ron. I can really see it in the delts, which are wider and fuller now. The front delt is showing much more then before. Your chest larger and deeper, arms are larger and those legs are really looking great. Great work.

Sayiajin Prince
04-05-2003, 12:06 PM
ur right trap is bigger then the left, so is mine lol
good work

Vido
04-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by chris mason
Blitz, you are the victim of b.s. advertisements... I can see a big difference in your chest, shoulders, and traps. The people who say they don't see a difference is because they are used to looking at Muscletech etc. ads which show these dramatic changes in people. Unfortunately, the ads don't mention that the people are juicing their brains out, and gaining back muscle they purposely lost.

A 27lb gain with a minimum of bodyfat is great.

Now, you have posted other pictures where the difference was less noticable, but in this picture, anyone should be able to see the difference.

First of all, I want to take nothing away from Blitz, and that was never my intent in either of my first 2 posts in this thread.

That being said, Mason, I'm not comparing his transformation to a Muscletech ad. I'm well aware that Muscletech transformations are b.s. I also agree with you that a 27 lb gain with minimal bodyfat gains is great. However, have you ever heard of the 10 lbs per inch theory? (The one where for each inch taller you are than someone you have to have 10 extra lbs on your frame to be comparable.) I'm not saying I believe this is completely true because there are a variety of factors that affect how you look in comparison to someone else, ie., frame, where you carry the bulk of your muscle, etc. Just using that as a ROUGH guideline though, I, being a good 2-3 inches taller than Blitz, would need to gain considerably more than 27 lbs to see the same body composition change he did. To be overly conservative, let's just say I would have to gain 40 lbs (the number should be higher in my estimations, but we'll leave it at a conservative estimate). All I know is that if I gained 40 lbs, with minimal fat gains, there wouldn't be doubt in anyone's mind that I got considerably larger.

There may be flaws in the way I'm thinking, but I know from experience that a 5-10 lb gain on a shorter person is very noticeable, whereas a 5-10 lb gain on myself, or others of a similar build, is ALMOST negligible.

chris mason
04-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Vido, I think we need to see what you look like. That might help me, and others, to understand your viewpoint. If you are around 6 feet in height, a 27 lb gain in mass is absolutely huge. To say anything else is stupid. Now, I think he has added more mass to his lower body, but the changes to his upper are obvious.

WeakSauceAsian
04-05-2003, 01:18 PM
Blitz,

You look alot bigger man - but of course, I see the most pronounced change in your legs, crazy : p.

WillKuenzel
04-05-2003, 01:24 PM
His arms just went up a little over an inch, but his legs went up almost 2 inches. Now if it supposedly takes 10lbs of LBM to add an inch to your arms what does it take to add almost 2 inches to your legs. We are seeing just the smallest bodyparts from blitz in this picture. This arms, chest and delts. Now if we could see just how much his back and legs grew then we might have a clearer understanding. To add mass like he did and still add minimum bf is very good. It doesn't appear to be quite 27lbs but I don't doubt that it is. Especially with his routine focusing so much around leg strength and explosion.

With all that said you also have to consider the frame that all the mass sits on. I'm slightly taller than blitz but my frame is tiny. If you compared me now to 20lbs ago you would almost have thought it was 40lbs. Put 20lbs on someone with a large frame and it takes a more trained eye to see the results.

How tall a person is can be deceiving until you take into consideration their bone structure and size.

All that said... nice work blitz!

Vido
04-05-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by chris mason
Vido, I think we need to see what you look like. That might help me, and others, to understand your viewpoint. If you are around 6 feet in height, a 27 lb gain in mass is absolutely huge. To say anything else is stupid. Now, I think he has added more mass to his lower body, but the changes to his upper are obvious.

I've said from Day 1 on this site that I will not be posting pics...that's just personal preference.

I'm not trying to argue here, but I think you missed my point. A 27 lb gain in mass IS absolutely huge, even at my height. It is an even greater accomplishment at Blitz's height. That's why I would think that the gains would be more noticeable than they are. I've looked at his pics numerous times now, and each time I see more and more improvement. At first glance, I saw a marginal difference. Now I see fairly substantial changes, but NOT 27 lbs worth, that's all. I think the biggest problem is that a rather large portion of that 27 lbs was added to his legs, which are quite impressive, but they were not included in the original pic.

Destram
04-05-2003, 01:28 PM
I don't want to take away any from your progress either man, because 27 pounds in a year is absolutely phenomenal all natural. It's just that I'm also 5' 9" 153 pounds and all the guys I've seen who are 5' 9" and over 200 are huge as hell. Keep up the good work man, like I said, 27 pounds in a year is amazing.

Maki Riddington
04-05-2003, 03:45 PM
I don't see a 27 pound increase, however it would help to post a full body shot showing a frontal and back shot. Your arms aren't that much bigger in the pic but your chest, trap and shoulders are much bigger. As for fat gain, I see some in the abdominal area. You are making a great amount of progress each time you post yor pics. You're making asians all over the world, proud.;)

John0101
04-05-2003, 03:54 PM
Im just wondering, but what were your lifts now and 27 pounds before?

gopher
04-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Pro, the people who can not see your progress are blind. You look to be much bigger and at about the same BF level. Keep up the good work.

Blitzforce
04-05-2003, 04:18 PM
All I know is that last year in May I weighed 80kg, and now I weigh 94kg - and my strength is just about doubled in everything:)

Ok guys rear double bicep which shows most of the upper body muscles. Pics were taken with different cameras, hense the slight differences in lens look and colour balance.

chris mason
04-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Big difference there. Your neck, lats, and trap are all much bigger and thicker.

Blitzforce
04-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Sayiajin Prince
ur right trap is bigger then the left, so is mine lol
good work

It's just how I'm posing it - one side is like crabbed shot, and the other normal :)

Ironman8
04-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Your biceps also improved.

Wolfman
04-05-2003, 08:26 PM
Good progress...lookin' large!

kook
04-05-2003, 09:57 PM
yeh back is looking much better, and bigger too.

Skillz
04-06-2003, 12:12 AM
MAJOR difference on that back pic, real good progress!

Skillz

Blitzforce
04-06-2003, 12:44 AM
thanks guys

Vido
04-06-2003, 01:24 AM
That second pic does you a lot more justice Blitz. Your back and shoulders look like they've grown quite a bit.