PDA

View Full Version : Wibble - A Work In Progress

Pages : [1] 2

wibble
04-04-2003, 11:20 PM
About
Well I've finally decided to start an online journal. Figured I might as well grab a piece of good old WBB after reading it for many months. Maybe it'll get my posts up some also if I'm not too lazy about it. :rolleyes:

I've been keeping a little journal of my workout routines for the past 5 weeks or so, but I won't bother posting them. Might as well start with a new week, so I'll probably start posting Monday or Tuesday depending on how tired I am (have to do nightshift Sunday nights so I sometimes move Mondays workout to Tuesday). Also I need some time for my shoulder to heal up, its been giving me trouble all day so I'm trying to take it easy. Didn't even get to workout, I was raving mad. Friday is the fun day too. :( Hopefully by Sunday it'll feel better though and I'll go get todays workout in...

Well, since this is supposed to be a sort of introduction, I might as well tell a little about myself:

I'm a 22 year old male, about 5'8" and 140lbs. I'm currently following WBB#1 and have been for almost 2 months. I'm trying to bulk of course, and it seems to be going fine (sort of). I'm getting stronger in the gym but not gaining on the scale yet...we'll see if I can't fix that when I get my weight gainer thrown into my diet. :)

As for pictures and stuff, maybe I'll attach a few when I make some good noticable progress.

Well, thanks for readin! :D

wibble
04-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Sleep
I had a decent amount of sleep last night. I got home after working a night shift at 8am yesterday morning, and lazed around a bit watching tv and reading the board. I went to bed around 12pm and got up again at 7pm. Went back to bed around 12:30 last night and woke up 7am today, so I'm doing alright in that area. :)

Workout
Well I finally got back to the gym after taking a few days off. I hurt my shoulder somehow Friday and couldn't make it to that workout so I took it pretty easy all weekend hoping I'd be rearing to go today. Got to the gym, warmed up on my bench with the bar a bit and everything seemed to feel ok. My shoulder was clicking a little but it didn't hurt so I put on the 35's for a test run. After about 6 reps I decided my shoulder was doing pretty good so I moved to my working set with the 45's.

Bench Press: 135lbsx2x8

Next exercise was the Incline DB Press. I wasn't feeling too energetic today and had some trouble on my bench so I figured this exercise wouldn't be very good either. I was right. :( I picked up the 40's and only managed to get 1 set of 6, and 1 set of 7. I wasn't very happy with that as I can usually get the 2 sets of 8. But all in all it was good to be at the gym at all so I didn't worry about it too much, I'll get it next time.

Incline DB Press: 40lbsx1x6, 40lbsx1x7

I was kind of worried about doing my dips next seeing how things were going so far, but I didn't have as much trouble with these and managed to get my full sets, although it wasn't easy. :)
Might try the 25's next time since I can get 2 sets of 8...

Weighted Dips: 22.5lbsx2x8

That was it for the chest. Next up I had my back exercises and oh man was I afraid of these. If I had energy problems with the chest then my back would definately be a tough one.

I posted a question in the Training section about Chinups yesterday because I was using a giant grip and found them pretty damn hard even though I could get 2 sets of 8... well today instead of going so huge I decided I would try them with a grip that was a little wider than my shoulders. It was a MILLION time easier. I busted out my first set of 8 in no time, one after the other. I actually felt the muscles in my back working this way too, whereas before I didn't and it kind of seemed like it was just my forearms and shoulders doing the work. Needless tp say I'll be using this grip and adding some weight next time. :)

Chinups: BWx2x8

After finishing up there I thought I was in for some pain next. It was Deadlift time. After last weeks Deadlift session my back was destroyed, so I figured tomorrow was gonna be rough since I'm on my feet and lifting stuff for 8 hours. I used the same weight as I did last time, which was only 155lbs. Although it was a little tiring, my back didn't feel as worked as it did last week. In the prior weeks I was only using 45's because I wanted to get my form decent. Next week I think I'm gonna up the weight on the Deadlifts though for sure.

Deadlifts: 155lbsx2x8

Bentover Rows...I'm still working on my form for these, I find them pretty awkward but I do get the burn in my upper back so I'm not really worried if my form isn't perfect right now. As long as its working...as I progress I hope my form will too.

Bentover Rows: 115lbsx2x8

My last exercise was Shrugs. I'm still wondering about using a machine for these as I don't seem to get much of a workout using the 60lb dumbells. I read somewhere that you should use a weight that doesn't make your neck twitch when you lift them...but I can lift them all the way up even though I get that twitching and it doesn't seem to be working my traps very much. Maybe I'll try them on one of the machines next time...

Shrugs: 60lbsx1x10

Well that was it for todays workout. Not too impressed, I've had better but like I said, it was good to be back in the gym. :)

Diet
My diet wasn't overly bad so far today, except it was a little high in carbs. I need to get my hands on some Natty PB and Flax Oil though.

Meal 1:
1 cup Unsweetened Orange Juice
1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Whey
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 serving Oatmeal
1 large Banana
1 cup 2% Milk

Meal 2:
2 cups 1% Chocolate Milk (Gotta drop these, too many carbs)
1/2 Pack Of Trail Mix

Meal 3:
1 microwave Lasagna (Gotta stop eating these also. They don't seem overly bad but I'd like to be eating Natty PB sandwiches instead of this though. Too many carbs and I could use more good fat)

Meal 4:
1/2 Pack Of Trail Mix

Meal 5 (Post Workout):
4 scoops N-Large2

This is what I ate so far, but its only 7:15pm. I'll be eating some baked store bought pizza now that I usually wouldn't eat but it was cooked for me and I am bulking so what the hell. My metabolism is like the burning fires of hell anyway. :)

Total: 2597 Cals - 341g Carbs/138g Protien/79g Fat

Well that about does it, my very first Journal Entry. Woo! Took too long to write though. :p I want to be around the 2500 mark for my diet so I think I'll have to drop the high carb foods I mentioned above and get it replaced with something good asap. This will lower my carb intake and allow me to get more protien and good fats.

Let me know what you all think. I'm open to any comments/criticism/spam you might have. :evillaugh

Ritzol
04-08-2003, 07:43 PM
All I have to say is I love your name..... lol

wibble
04-11-2003, 08:08 PM
Haha Thanks Ritzol. I have no idea what a wibble is but it must be something that kicks ass. Why else would it be called a wibble? :D Anyways, I was thinking about not bothering to post my routine for Thursday because my diet sucked and I hate posting unless everything is right on. Guess I'll give it a shot though. Going by memory here. :)

Sleep
Guess I slept good, can't remember. :)

Workout
Felt pretty good for my legs day, except for the fact that I'm still struggling with my SLDL's. I just can't seem to get them. Either I get the workout in my lower back which is obviously wrong, or I only get a slight stretch from bending over with my legs straight. I'm sick of trying to get these, I guess I'm just not built for them. Next legs day I'll be changing these up with Hyper Extensions maybe. Anyways...

Squats: 135lbsx1x10, 145lbsx1x8, 155lbsx2x8

For the hack squats I do them on the Smith, I'm not sure if I'll keep doing them this way or go to the Barbell. Don't remember why I started doing them on the Smith in the first place, maybe because it hurt my knees... Anyways I do them chest into the machine instead of back also. Think I should attempt the regular Barbell Hacks again though next time...

Squats On Smith: 230lbsx2x8

Leg Curls were next, nothing much to say about these really.

Leg Curls: 95lbsx2x8

SLDL's I didn't do for the previously mentioned reasons. :(

Standing Calve Raises: 112kgx4x10

Diet

Meal 1:
1 cup Unsweetened Orange Juice
1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Whey
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 serving Oatmeal
1 large Banana
1 cup 2% Milk

Meal 2:
1 Pack Trail Mix

Meal 3:
1 bowl Beef Soup
1 Hamburger w/ Ketchup & Mustard

Meal 4:
1 Sub Sandwich

Meal 5 (Post Workout):
4 scoops N-Large2

Meal 6:
1 Steak
1 Weiner
1 Baked Potato w/ Butter

Diet wasn't the greatest today, could have been better. Not very impressed at all...next week I'll have to eat only what I can count...

Total: ? Cals - ?g Carbs/?g Protien/?g Fat

Franjipani
04-11-2003, 08:26 PM
Nice journal title;)

Good luck with your goals and welcome to journal land:thumbup:

wibble
04-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Sleep
I had about 7 to 7.5 hours sleep last night. Woke up feeling pretty tired and stayed in bed for an extra 10 minutes. I was afraid I was gonna be late for work then so I jumped up and got ready and was feeling pretty good for the rest of the day then.

Workout
Had a good workout today, I was pretty happy with it seeing as I couldn't do my Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps day last week due to a bad shoulder. Today I went in with the attitude that I have to work extra hard where I missed that day.

First I had the Military Press. Decided I would up the weight from my usual 85lbs to 95lbs. Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get it since the last time I found 85lbs pretty hard on my last few reps...I managed to do it though and was pretty happy because it was the first time in awhile that I've moved up in this exercise. :)

Military Press: 95lbsx2x8

Next I had the Seated DB Press. I figured since I moved up on the Military Press I would try to move up on this, and every other exercise for Shoulders and Triceps today. I managed to do it here also and was happy as the last time the 25's felt a little tough on the last few reps. Seems like I finally managed to progress in shoulders. Took awhile compared to all my other exercises where the gains came pretty quickly...

Seated DB Press: 30lbsx2x8

For my Lateral Raises I was thinking about doing my usual 15's because I tried the 22.5's once before and they seemed too tough. But seeing as I moved up in the other two exercises I had some more motivation and tried to keep the streak going.

Lateral Raises: 22.5lbsx2x10

Triceps are one of my favorite parts to work because I've been progressing really fast in these since I first started. I also managed to move up in both of my tricep exercises this week. :) Moved up in my Close Grip from 105lbs to 115lbs. I was only benching this amount about a month and a half ago and having trouble on my last reps. Felt good to do it for my Close Grips. Might even be able to go a little heavier.

Close Grip Bench: 115lbsx2x8

Skullcrushers are probably one of my favorite exercises. I've been shooting up in these almost every other week or so. I went up 10lbs in this exercise also.

Skullcrushers: 82.5lbsx2x8

My Bicep Curls are a little disappointing I think. I haven't really progressed in these since I started, except maybe rep wise. Today however I only managed to get 35lbsx1x8 and 35lbsx1x6. I was kinda mad that I couldn't get the last two reps, my left arm failed me before my right so I said screw it, I still got my 6-8 so I'll move on. Maybe next time I'll get 8 for both sets...

Bicep Curls: 35lbsx1x8, 35lbsx1x6 :(

I've seemed to catch up to my Bicep Curl weight in my Hammer Curls...seems a little odd to me really. It was pretty damn hard mind you, but I did it nonetheless. Also up 5 pounds on these...

Hammer Curls: 35lbsx1x6

Well that about does it for todays workout. A couple of little disappointments, but all in all I was pretty happy at all the gains I've made. Lets see... I'm up 10lbs in the Military Press, 5lbs in the Seated DB Press, 7.5lbs in Lateral Raises, 10lbs in Close Grip Bench, 10lbs in Skullcrushers and 5lbs in Hammer Curls. Yay! :D

Diet
Meal 1:
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 cup Orange Juice
1 serving Oatmeal
1 large Banana
1 scoop Whey
1 cup 2% Milk

Meal 2:
1 Sub Sandwich
1 large Banana

Meal 3:
1 Microwave Lasagna (These are gone after today, finally managed to get my Natty PB and Flax Oil. :D)
1 Orange

Meal 4 (Post WorkOut):
4 scoops N-Large2

Meal 5:
3 scoops Potato w/ Gravy
3 Chicken Legs w/ BBQ Sauce
Green Peas

Meal 6:
2 beers with the boys. tuttut Cheat day isn't supposed to be till tomorrow. I guess its not so bad since I'm bulking but I hate myself for drinking those beer. It was fun though, had a good time talking about some good memories. I'll have to eat good all day tomorrow now then, even though I might end up drinking tomorrow night.

Meal 7:
1 Pack Trail Mix
1 scoop Whey
1 cup 2% Milk

Total: ? Cals - ?g Carbs/?g Protien/?g Fat

I'm not sure of the totals because I don't know the breakdown for the Sub or the supper I ate (Meal 5), or the Beer. Like I said before, next week I'm gonna try not to eat anything I can't count. :)

Well I guess I'm all caught up now. I don't think I should leave out any days now. Its a pain in the ass trying to remember things from previous days. :)

Thanks for reading. :)

wibble
04-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Nice journal title

Good luck with your goals and welcome to journal land

Thanks a lot Franjipani! :D I'll do my best...

Haha just noticed what you meant by nice journal title, you have the same one! ;)

wibble
04-14-2003, 04:25 PM
Sleep
Sleep was all out of wack...I had to work nightshift Sunday night so I slept in until about 7pm. I worked from 12-8 and then hit the sack around 9 this morning and woke up at 3:30. Guess it wasn't bad but I still don't like sleeping all day and missing my meals! :mad:

I've gotta get my act together. I'm making good progress so far but I wonder if I could have made even better progress if I had my diet together 7 days a week instead of only 4. Tues-Fri my diet is good, but then Saturday nights I end up drinking, Sunday I'm too hungover to get out of bed until the evening and then Monday I sleep in all day. This has to stop. Gotta try to keep the drinking to a minimum, say 6 beers. No more of this drinkin 18-20 beer. Its too expensive and way too counter productive.

Diet
Meal 1:
1 tablespoon Flax Oil
1 cup Orange Juice
1 serving Oatmeal
1 large Banana
1 scoop Whey
1 cup 2% Milk

Meal 2 (Post Workout):
4 scoops N-Large2

Meal 3:
1 Natty PB Sandwich On WW w/ Jam

Meal 4:
1 Natty PB Sandwich On WW w/ Jam
1 scoop Whey
1 cup 2% Milk

Workout
Todays workout was better than my last Chest/Back day for sure. I was pretty sketchy about going in today at first because I didn't eat much, but it was ok I still had a lot more energy than I did last week for this workout.

I wanted to see what my 1RM was today, but decided I would quit after benching 160x2. I didn't want to be too burnt out to do my other chest exercises. Maybe I'll go up some day on an off day and test it or something. I'd say my estimated max is somewhere around the 175 range though. Can't wait to be doing 160 for reps. Maybe it'll come eventually, I just got up to 135lbs not too long ago so I have awhile yet. :rolleyes:

Bench Press: 135lbsx2x8, 160lbsx1x2

Next up was my Incline DB Press. Not too much to say about these this time except that I was glad to actually finish them this week. I must have been having a really really bad day last time because I didn't even manage to get my 2 sets in, and this week I finished plus did that other chest work. Oh well happens to the best of us I guess. :)

Incline DB Press: 40lbsx2x8

Same goes for the dips, no problems here today. I'm going to move up in weight on these next time because I forgot to move up today.

Weighted Dips: 22.5x2x8

Finally decided to try some weighted Chinups today. All in all it wasn't too bad seeing how this is the first time I've done more than my bodyweight. They still need work however.

Weighted Chinups: 15lbsx1x8, 15lbsx1x6

Ahh Deadlifts...I was thinking about trying to max out in these also but once again I didn't want to overwork myself. I decided last weekend that I would attempt to do 200lbs today. I was sort of worried because I've never went really heavy in these and I'm still not totally sure about my form since I'm pretty new to working out. (Not that I have bad form, just being negative. ;)) I think I could have pulled 225, maybe a little more for my 1RM.

Deadlifts: 135lbsx1x8, 180x1x6, 205lbsx1x3

My Bentover Rows are going the same, nothing much to say about them.

Shrugs I decided to try on the Standing Calve raise machine. Didn't like it as much as DB though so I left it pretty quick. Just felt weird. Gonna have to move up on Shrugs also I think, 60lbs just doesn't seem to cut it but those other DB's look pretty intimidating. ;)

Shrugs: 60lbsx1x10

Thats it for this weeks Chest/Back Day. Nothing else to discuss here because nothing happened to me today. I slept, got up, worked out and that was it. :p

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for another episode of Wibble's In Space! I mean...nevermind.

Miss Rezza
04-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Wibble, your journal is far too neat.......

:spam: :spam: :spam:

ah, now that's better!!

wibble
04-14-2003, 08:37 PM
AHH! My beautiful journal, you ruined it!!@ :swear:

Haha just kiddin, I was wondering when I was gonna get my first official spam! Woohoo! :clap:

Thanks Miss Reeza, that was Spamtacular. :D

MrWebb78
04-15-2003, 12:40 AM
if youre bulking, maybe you shouldnt be too concerned with too many carbs or what not, just go for broke with cramming calories, if you think youre gaining too much fat too quickly, then cut back and take a closer look at the diet.

fitday.com is a decent calorie calculator, keeps track of all your food, and pretty good at determining portion size.

wibble
04-15-2003, 10:50 AM
if youre bulking, maybe you shouldnt be too concerned with too many carbs or what not, just go for broke with cramming calories, if you think youre gaining too much fat too quickly, then cut back and take a closer look at the diet.

I've thought about doing that, but then I decided that if my goal was to eat as many calories as possible I would get myself in the state of mind that junk was ok to eat... I didn't want that to happen so I'm trying to do a clean bulk. I figure this way I'll be prepared for when I need to cut also because I'll be used to counting cals and following a diet plan, and it'll be pretty easy to see what I need to drop when I cut.

Thing is I've gotta get stricter on everything now, like I said before my diet is only decent 4 days out of the week and thats not good enough. Gotta get really serious about everything now...

fitday.com is a decent calorie calculator, keeps track of all your food, and pretty good at determining portion size.

Yup. already using it, its definitely a good tool.

Thanks for the post MrWebb, appreciate it. :)

Take it easy
wibble

Strats
04-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Wow, nice lifts man. I can't touch them. :thumbup:

Where in newfoundland are you from? I know a few people who use the same expressions as you. heh.
later man. And keep lifting:spam:

wibble
04-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Hey Strats, thanks! I'm sure you could give me some a run for my money if you had some bigger weights. :)

I'm from Labrador City actually, got all kinds of family over on the rock though. Few of my buddies go to school in St. John's too. Well I gotta go pack my stuff up, its gym time. Ahh legs day...how it hates me. :D

Later man!

wibble
04-22-2003, 10:50 AM
Hmm. I really should update this thing soon. Haven't kept track of anything for like almost the past week. Damn slackness *grumble grumble*.

*grumble*

wibble
04-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Wellity wellity wellity. I decided today is the day, time for an update and I better do it now while I'm still on the go from the gym, otherwise I'll get lazy and blow it off.

Sleep
Sleep was kind of strange last night. I was waking up a lot and felt really exhausted all night. Not to mention I had an unhealthy dose of the night terrors. :) Didn't feel very good when I got up but that wore off as the day went on.

Diet
I've decided I would probably stop documenting my diet seeing as I'm on a bulk. I think I've been taking everything a little too seriously here. I mean I will eat nothing but healthy stuff most of the time, won't touch anything like miracle whip or chocolate or even fast food except on saturdays. It wouldn't be so bad to be strict as hell if I were on a cut, but being on a bulk I don't think I should worry so much about it. I'll take MrWebb's advice and probably just start eating a lot more. I haven't really been gaining any weight but I'm still making gains in the gym after about 2 months, so I don't know if I'm just getting stronger or if I'm losing fat/gaining muscle but whatever...I won't put on much fat anyway with my metabolism so why worry. From here on out I'm going for some mass and I'll worry about diet when I cut.

Workout
Had a pretty decent workout today, made some more gains and almost had my 1.5 litres of water that I take with me gone by the time I finished my chest. Luckily I made it last through everything else. :)

Last week I moved up to 140lbsx2x8 and today I decided well maybe I could add on another 5lbs and still bust out my two sets. Figured what the hell I'll give it a try and it was all good. Struggled hard on my last rep though. Phew. I'm happy to be benching over my body weight for reps now though. Maybe I'll stick with this weight for a bit, or maybe shoot for 150lbsx2x6...That could be an option. What do you all think? (If anyone even reads this that is ;))

Bench Press: 145lbsx2x8

Since I moved up on bench I also figured its time I give the 45's a go for my DB press. Didn't really have too much trouble here either, but I don't know if I'm ready for the 50's yet...might be able to do it 2x6...

Incline DB Press: 45lbsx2x8

I've been meaning to move up in dips for the past 2 weeks now but forgot...I was going to go from 22.5lbs to 25lbs, but the first DB I grabbed happened to be a 30lber so I said screw it this will do.

Weighted Dips: 30lbsx2x8

That was it for the chest. Next was Chinups...I shudder at the thought of chinups every time I have to do them. Great exercise...but *shudder*.

Weighted Chinups: 15lbsx2x8

I swear I need to start taking a calculator around with me or get my ass back to school. 3 or 4 years out is too damn long and my brain is starting to rot. I added up the weight wrong today for my Deadlifts and couldn't for the life of me figure out how I managed to get the weight to add up to 205lbs...maybe it was lack of oxygen but then it hit me on the way home. What I thought was 180lbs was actually 205lbs. Stupid me.

Deadlifts: 135lbsx1x8, 205lbsx1x6

Ahh crap. I just realized then when I was scrolling down my journal, my first entry says 135lbsx2x8 for Bentover Rows. Should have been 115lbs methinks. Sometimes I confuse the 35's + the bar to be 135lbs. Theres that math thing again. :p Well guess I should fix that. Done and done.

Shrugs: 70lbsx1x10

Thats it for another entry. See you all in journal land tomorrow. Unless my back doesn't want me doing squats then that is. :)

wibble
04-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Well, no gym today...I was going to try and go and do my legs today, but I think I'll make it a rest day because my back is still a bit sore from yesterdays Deadlifts. I love it though. I'm lookin forward to being in Squatsville tomorrow. :thumbup:

Got something to advertise? Well you've come to the right place!

*** THIS SPACE FOR RENT ***

Heres what a few of our previous customers had to say:

"Sweet honorable Jebus! Thats a lotta space!" - Name withheld.

So for a limited time only you could have YOUR ad in wibble's journal! Just IMAGINE! :eek: And best of all, your satisfaction is GUARANTEED! :thumbup:

Note: Satisfaction not a guarantee. Not really for a limited time. Side effects may include headaches, dizzyness, insomnia, nausea, drymouth and becoming stupid(er). Individual results may vary. Shipping and sales tax not included. Not available in all areas.

Ahh boredom. :)

GhettoSmurf
04-23-2003, 07:11 PM
nice job wibble, keep up the good work!

wibble
04-23-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks GhettoSmurf! Much appreciated! :D

wibble
04-24-2003, 04:03 PM
Sleep
Woo, slept pretty good last night. First morning in awhile that I woke up feeling refreshed. No night terrors either. heh. :)

Diet
Been pretty decent all day, going to start stuffing myself now. I do my best eating at night. :D

Workout
Pretty decent workout today I guess, I was a little disappointed though because my back is still pretty damn sore from Deadlifting the other day. I don't think its injured or anything though, got no probs bending over or lifting normal things, it just felt pretty sore trying to do my SLDL's. So I only did 1 set...

I need to get a better idea when to up the weight at the gym too, seems I do an ok job of judging for all my other bodyparts but for my legs it seems I can be way off...I should start upping the weight after I get 2x8 I guess, because today doing squats I moved up 25lbs from last workout. I thought the weight I was doing before was a comfortable weight so I didn't move up...wonder how long I've been cheating myself here. Oh well...maybe I should shoot for 6's in all my exercises.

Squats: 45lbsx1x10, 135lbsx1x8, 180lbsx2x8

Gotta remember to check into doing Hack Squats with the BB dammit.

Squats On Smith: 230lbsx2x8

Found my usual Leg Curl weight a bit tough today, maybe from the jump I took with my Squat weight? Oh well got them nonetheless.

Only did one set of SLDL's due to back soreness. Didn't want to hurt it or anything. Need to move up in these also...definately could have used more weight if I was at 100%.

Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 115lbsx1x8

Standing Calve Raises: 120kgx4x10

Thats it for another workout. Tomorrow is Shoulders/Triceps/Biceps. Can't wait. :D

END TRANSMISSION!#*

Miss Rezza
04-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by wibble

*** THIS SPACE FOR RENT ***

Dayum! i really wanna get me that space....

now i just have to find something to sell! :scratch:

WillKuenzel
04-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Miss Rezza

now i just have to find something to sell! :scratch:
Don't look at me like that! Nobody could afford me anyway. :p

Hey Wibble, workouts are looking good. Leg day looked awesome. Always glad to see somebody coming in and posting some squats!!

:spam:

GhettoSmurf
04-24-2003, 06:04 PM
nice job with the leg day wibble! is there a reason that you went from squats to doing squats in the smith?

wibble
04-24-2003, 07:04 PM

now i just have to find something to sell!
Hahaha! I'm sure you can find something! How about some official Miss Reeza dust bunnies from the lint basket of the drier? Or half of a Miss Reeza sandwich? I'm sure both of these would fetch a good price. You could say the half a sandwich has 432% more growing power than celltech. ;)

Hey Wibble, workouts are looking good. Leg day looked awesome. Always glad to see somebody coming in and posting some squats!!
Hey HomeYield! Thanks for the compliment and its always good to see someone new visiting my journal! Thanks! :)

nice job with the leg day wibble! is there a reason that you went from squats to doing squats in the smith?
Thanks GhettoSmurf! :) Well actually I'm doing WBB1 and the second exercise is supposed to be Hack Squats...I don't remember why I decided to do these on the smith, maybe I found them awkward but I think I'm going to try them the real way next week. Thats about the only reason really, and I didn't want to call them Hack Squats in my journal, it just didn't seem right. Squats are sacred and the Smith...well...to each his own. :)

As a sidenote, I found that on the Smith it worked my legs a bit differently than regular squats due to the angle I guess, thats why I kept them in the routine.

Thanks for the replies guys! See ya around! :thumbup:

wibble
04-25-2003, 04:19 PM
Sleep
Slept good last night, but still didn't want to get up at 7am to get ready for work. I was so tempted to call in sick but then I realized if I did I would probably sleep all day and miss out on some good eats! :)

Diet
Been eating a fair amount so far today, maybe a little more than yesterday. Hopefully I'll see the scale moving soon...

Workout
Good workout today, probably my favorite day too. I love to do my triceps. :)

In view of yesterdays leg day, I tried to pick weights that I could only get 6 in so that I wasn't missing out on heavier weight that I could manage...I wasn't very successful.

I'm up again in Military Press since last week...that day wasn't posted though due to slackness. ;) I figured I would only get 6 but I got 8's...sigh. :p

Military Press: 105lbsx2x8

Funny thing...my second set of Shoulder Presses seemed easier than the first. Oh well.

Shoulder Press: 35lbsx2x8

Lateral Raises are becoming easier with this weight...not ready for 25's for a bit yet though I don't think.

Closegrip Bench...also up from last week I think...I was going to try 135lbsx2x6 but then I realized hell I'm only benching 145lbsx 2x8 so I probably wouldn't get 2 sets of 6 so I went for 125lbs. Once again I got 2x8. Blah I suck at judging my weight.

Closegrip Bench: 125lbsx2x8

On my skullcrushers I decided I would stay with the same weight for now, I don't know why. I've been trying to get sets of 6 in everything else...

Getting a little frustrated with my biceps, can't seem to move up so instead of 35lbsx2x8 I said I'll try the 40's and hope for 2x6...Just didn't have anything left for that last rep...

Bicep Curls: 40lbsx1x6, 40lbsx1x5

Hammer Curls are the same also, still finding it hard to bust out the last few reps.

Hammer Curls: 35lbsx1x10

I just remembered while I was at the gym that I don't record my ab workouts...oh well I guess I should start. I do a couple sets of crunches on the latpull down machine with the rope...don't know what to call them so from now on I dub them Pulley Crunches. Until I know better that is. ;)

Pulley Crunches: 70lbsx4x10

Weighted Crunches: 30lbsx1x10

That about does it...I think tonight I'll take it easy and watch some Evil Dead movies maybe. Or end up at the bar for a little...tuttut No drinking though, gotta work 8am tomorrow morning. That'll keep me in line. :)

wibble
04-29-2003, 03:59 PM
Well I didn't think today was going to be a very good day at the gym. I took a weeks vacation from work and started it off by sleeping in until 1:30pm. I was kind of disappointed with myself for doing this, just think how much I could have eaten! :) I should have gotten up when I first woke up at 8:30am. But then I woulda just been bored all day anyways... Well I lid around all day watching soccer and then went to the gym. It went pretty good all in all, I was surprised.

Sleep
Plenty of it. Went to bed I guess around 1 or 1:30 last night. Slept in until 1:30 this afternoon.

Diet
Not very good so far, my day was ruined from sleeping so much. I had my usual breakfast plus a banana before the gym.

Workout
Not bad considering. :)

After doing my first 2 sets I just felt I needed a third one for some reason. I don't usually do anymore than whats outlined in WBB1, but this was an exception.

Bench Press: 150lbsx3x6

Going to move up in my incline next week I think, I should have done it today but no matter... *EDIT*: DAMMIT! On further inspection, I just found out that I did 45's last week on Incline. No wonder it seemed so easy. I really have to start keeping a journal on paper again instead of just keeping it all in my head then posting it here. :bang: That is all.

Incline DB Press: 40lbsx2x8

I could probably stand to move up in weighted dips also...

Weighted Dips: 30lbsx2x8

Weighted Chins seemed easier than normal today...Maybe its soon time to move up in weight.

Weighted Chinups: 15lbsx2x8

Deadlifts went fairly well today also, I decided to go for 2 full working sets instead of just playing around with it. I tell you I was bloody exhausted after this. :)

Deadlifts: 135lbsx1x8, 205lbsx2x8

My bentover Rows seem to be getting easier also...still wonder what they're like with the EZ bar though...

And last but not least...

Shrugs: 70lbsx1x10

Thats all she wrote. I should start updating this thing on rest days also, I found it way down in the depths of journal hell today. Right down on page 3! :eek: Soon it'll be too far gone for anyone to find! ;)

wibble
04-29-2003, 04:02 PM
Yay! I actually got to 2 pages in this thing! :clap: I am king of the world! :moon:

aka23
04-29-2003, 04:27 PM
Going to move up in my incline next week I think, I should have done it today but no matter... *EDIT*: DAMMIT! On further inspection, I just found out that I did 45's last week on Incline. No wonder it seemed so easy. I really have to start keeping a journal on paper again instead of just keeping it all in my head then posting it here. :bang: That is all.

Incline DB Press: 40lbsx2x8;)

I did something similar with DB rows last week, and know how you feel. Since then I have started taking a paper to the gym with me that lists how much weight and reps I did in the previous week. I have found this method to be very helpful.

I like the style of your journal. It is written very well.

wibble
04-29-2003, 06:21 PM
I did something similar with DB rows last week, and know how you feel.

Haha yeah it sucks! :) I used to take a journal with me to the gym but then I ran out of sheets... I had these tables done up and stuff. Been too lazy to get my friend to print up some more for me, but I'm gonna have to. Two steps forward and one step back isn't gonna cut it I don't think. :)

I like the style of your journal. It is written very well.

Thanks a lot! :D Glad to see ya in my little corner of WBB. :)

mixta
04-30-2003, 06:03 AM
Hey Wibble!:spam: :spam: :spam:

Good luck with your goals! Your Chest/Back workout looks good, what sort of grip are you using for your chin-ups?

wibble
04-30-2003, 06:56 AM
Hey Mixta! :)

Good luck with your goals!

Thank ya sir! :)

Your Chest/Back workout looks good, what sort of grip are you using for your chin-ups?

I'm using a wide overhand grip for my chins, about 10 inches wider than shoulder width I would guess. I used to go even wider but have been playing around with my grip some and found this to be pretty decent because its still wide and allowed me to add some weight.

Thanks for droppin in! :)

wibble
05-01-2003, 10:23 PM
Sleep
Tons of it once again...vacation is killing me, getting up for work really keeps me on track. I slept till 2pm, ate a few things and had a beer. Sigh...

Diet
Crap. Absolute crap. :mad:

Workout
Workout was a little off today...seems to be the way it goes lately because my back is always too sore to do SLDL's on leg day. I think I'm going to have to move my legs day to Friday, and move that workout to Wednesday so that my back has enough time to recover from Deadlifting. Even just carrying the plates around made my back sore, but it was fine doing the other exercises. No probs squatting or anything.

Also I tried Hack Squats today. I don't know why the hell I didn't do these before, maybe I found them awkward but damn I loved them today. I'll be doing these all the time from now on. Later Smith machine. :D

I could probably move up in Squats, but its one of those exercises I'm a little unsure of. Everytime I move up I wonder if I'll screwup my form and break my body in half. :)

Squats: 135lbsx1x10, 180lbsx2x8

I'm sorry I ever doubted you, you sweet beautiful Hack Squats. Think I could go heavier here also. I think the reason I love these so much is because they're almost like a Deadlift...

Hack Squats: 135lbsx1x8, 155lbsx2x8

Lying Leg Curls weren't too hard today, but the next weight on the machine after 95 is like 115... don't know if I'm up to that. :rolleyes:

Didn't do SLDL's because my back was sore and I want it to heal ASAP.

Calve Raises: 170kgx4x10

Not too bad a workout but I wish I had been able to do my SLDL's. Oh well. Tomorrow will be a good workout. :D

wibble
05-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Sleep
Woke up a lot, but wasn't tired when I got up so that was cool.

Diet
Not too shabby so far, but I'll kill it tonight as theres a big party. Damn my love for beer and my rubber arm...

Workout
Tried for 6's again, had a little luck but not much. Biceps felt really weak today also, had some problems with my curls...

Military Press: 115lbsx2x6

Decided to go ahead with the 40's for my second set because someone was using the 35's...

Shoulder Press: 35lbsx1x8, 40lbsx1x6

Lateral Raises were damn hard today...Must be where I moved up on the Military Press and my second set of Shoulder Presses...

Didn't think I would be able to do plates for this seeing as I'm only benching 150lbs as it is...

Closegrip Bench: 135lbsx2x8

Been using the same weight on Skullcrushers for a few weeks now but the sets are becoming easier I think. I didn't want to move up though seeing as I moved up in my Closegrip...I figured it was good enough.

Man my biceps were weak...Don't understand why, everything else was good.

Bicep Curls: 35lbsx1x6, 35lbsx1x4

Hammer curls were unusually hard also...I didn't feel like I did them well enough so I tried with a lower weight and blew through them with no problem on 30's.

Hammer Curls: 35lbsx1x6, 30lbsx1x10

Pulley Crunches: 80lbsx4x10

Hopefully my biceps will be on track for next weeks workout...

mixta
05-03-2003, 10:03 AM
I'm using a wide overhand grip for my chins, about 10 inches wider than shoulder width I would guess. I used to go even wider but have been playing around with my grip some and found this to be pretty decent because its still wide and allowed me to add some weight.

Thats pretty much the same as me.

millitary press looks good, looks like you had a big workout!

wibble
05-03-2003, 04:02 PM
millitary press looks good, looks like you had a big workout!

Yeah the shoulder work was definately kickin my ass! :D

MrWebb78
05-03-2003, 11:20 PM
hammer curls always feel awkward to me. ive tried them recently on the low cable setting with the rope attatchment, and that set them on fire. impressive skullcrusher weight too, i see alot of people who cant and dont do these very often.

wibble
05-04-2003, 12:31 AM
hammer curls always feel awkward to me. ive tried them recently on the low cable setting with the rope attatchment, and that set them on fire.

I might give those a try actually, I'm starting to get to the point where I want to test out different exercises. I think I'll be changing my split soon, so why not the exercises too. I was planning on doing WBB2 after I was finished with WBB1, but I don't know if I'm gonna be a big fan of doing 12 reps. I'm liking the 6-8 range at the moment, maybe I'll just do 6-8's with it.

impressive skullcrusher weight too, i see alot of people who cant and dont do these very often.

Thanks! :) Skullcrushers kick ass, they're one of my favorite exercises.

wibble
05-05-2003, 03:53 PM
Sleep
Sleep was good last night, I didn't go to bed till around 3am though because I was hooked on this soccer game for ps2 called Winning Eleven 6. Yeah, good times. Slept till 12 though.

Diet
Not too bad so far today, shouldn't have too much trouble hittin around the 3k calorie mark. I'm gonna put in some extra effort on bulking now, only gained a slight amount. Going to start taking Nlarge twice a day instead of just postworkout...don't know if its the best idea with all the sugar and all but all I want is to add some weight at the moment so I don't really care.

Workout
My workout was so-so. I decided I'd try to get 155lbs for reps on my Bench Press and I really had to struggle to get the 6th rep...I mean it took every damn ounce of strength I had and about 10 seconds of struggling before I got it up. I was pretty happy about that, but the downside is I strained my back a little and was afraid to go heavy on my Deadlifts because I didn't want to irratate it anymore. Anyways heres what the break down looked like...

Wasn't sure if I had another set of 155lbs in me after the back strain so I played it safe and dropped down a bit. For the sake of 5lbs though when I look back at, probably could have done it. Guess I'll never know. :)

Bench Press: 155lbsx1x6, 150lbsx1x8

Remembered to stick with the 45's on my Incline DB Press today. No more goin backwards from now on hopefully. ;)

Incline DB Press: 45lbsx2x6

Went up a little in Dips and could probably even manage to do sets of 6 with the 40's...

Weighted Dips: 35lbsx2x8

Added a little weight to my Chins also...a little weight in these makes a big difference. Was pretty hard. :)

Weighted Chinups: 22.5lbsx2x6

Deadlifts I didn't want to go heavy on like I mentioned above...

Deadlifts: 135lbsx2x8

I think its about time I tried adding some weight to my Rows also...Think I'm gettin the hang of them pretty good now.

Shrugs: 80lbsx1x10

Thats it for another day. I think its soon time for a new split, I was thinking maybe a 4 day split would be nice. I'm starting to get restless goin with the 3 day split...pretty good results with it so far though, don't really want to mess that up. :)

mixta
05-06-2003, 06:01 AM
Thats it for another day. I think its soon time for a new split, I was thinking maybe a 4 day split would be nice. I'm starting to get restless goin with the 3 day split...pretty good results with it so far though, don't really want to mess that up. :)

The WBB2 routine might just be for you. hitting the 6-8 rep range is a good idea since you are getting good results on that rep range with your current routine. Just my 2cents though, you might even think up a split that really suits you.

but the downside is I strained my back a little and was afraid to go heavy on my Deadlifts because I didn't want to irratate it anymore. Anyways heres what the break down looked like...

at least you played it smart, injuries are the last thing you need.

wibble
05-06-2003, 09:56 AM
The WBB2 routine might just be for you. hitting the 6-8 rep range is a good idea since you are getting good results on that rep range with your current routine. Just my 2cents though, you might even think up a split that really suits you.

Yeah I was thinking about moving to WBB2, but I'd like to see what else is around too. If all else fails though, WBB2 it is. :thumbup:

at least you played it smart, injuries are the last thing you need.

Definitely don't need any of those. Especially back injuries because its so easy to get it messed up and could take forever to heal. It was only a small strain though, only felt it when I went to reach for my water bottle or something. Think its better today. :)

aka23
05-06-2003, 10:01 AM
I think its soon time for a new split, I was thinking maybe a 4 day split would be nice. I'm starting to get restless goin with the 3 day split...pretty good results with it so far though, don't really want to mess that up. :)

Yeah I was thinking about moving to WBB2, but I'd like to see what else is around too.

Some alternative splits are listed at http://www.exrx.net/Lists/WorkoutMenu.html . Possible 4-day splits include Back & Biceps / Chest & Triceps / Thighs / Shoulders, Calves & Abs and Torso Pull / Torso Push / Leg & Arm Pull / Leg & Arm Push .

wibble
05-06-2003, 10:06 AM
Thanks a lot aka23, I'll check into those! :D

wibble
05-07-2003, 03:53 PM
Sleep
Slept for about 10 hours last night so it was pretty good. This was my last day of vacation though, so no more sleeping in for awhile. Getting up at 7am will only help me now though. I should be able to pack in the cals. :)

Diet
Pretty good so far, but could have eaten more...I'm not done yet though.

Workout
I had a pretty brutal legs workout today, I loved it. My back was pretty tight after doing my Hack Squats though and it kind of interfered with my SLDL's. These just never seem to go right for me. :rolleyes:

Decided it was about time I moved up on my Squats. Could go higher still I think...

Squats: 135lbsx1x8, 205lbsx2x8 [+25lbs]

Moved up with Hack Squats also. I'm a little out of sync with my Legs still I think, I did the weight that last week I was using for regular Squats. It was pretty close to my max for Hack Squats though. I had effort written all over my face in that second set. ;)

Hack Squats: 180lbsx2x8 [+25lbs]

I tried to move up in Lying Leg Curls but didn't have any luck. Tried to go from 95lbs to the next setting which was 110lbs and it was too hard. Only managed a couple reps.

My back was sore for SLDL's once again so I only did 1 set. This is becoming a habit. I think I'll move these in front of Hack Squats when I start my new routine.

Stiff Legged Deadlift: 115lbsx1x8

Up again in Seated Calve Raises. I find the hardest part about these is getting the weight up the first time. My quads are usually dead. :)

Calve Raises: 180kgx4x10 [+10kg]

This concludes another episode. Tune in next time to see more of me, wibble! :p

Tank23
05-08-2003, 03:22 AM
Nice work on all the PR's dude :thumbup:

-Tank

aka23
05-08-2003, 04:46 AM
Tried to go from 95lbs to the next setting which was 110lbs and it was too hard. Only managed a couple reps.

Congratulations on your large increases with the squats and calf raises. Perhaps you would also want to record sets that you only complete a couple reps, like with the leg curls. Doing low reps offers some benefit, and it can effect performance in the other sets.

wibble
05-08-2003, 04:58 AM
Nice work on all the PR's dude

Thanks Tank! :D

Congratulations on your large increases with the squats and calf raises. Perhaps you would also want to record sets that you only complete a couple reps, like with the leg curls. Doing low reps offers some benefit, and it can effect performance in the other sets.

Thanks! :) This is true. I'll start recording those as well, thanks for the advice. :)

mixta
05-08-2003, 06:18 AM
I had a pretty brutal legs workout today, I loved it. My back was pretty tight after doing my Hack Squats though and it kind of interfered with my SLDL's. These just never seem to go right for me.

Nice leg workout wibble. Do you do hack squats in the 45 degree sled? My lower back cops a hiding doing hack squats in the sled.

wibble
05-08-2003, 09:25 AM
Nice leg workout wibble. Do you do hack squats in the 45 degree sled? My lower back cops a hiding doing hack squats in the sled.

Hey mixta, thanks! :) Nope, I just take my bar and weights out into an open space and do them there. Whats this sled thingy? We might have one, I'm not sure...

aka23
05-08-2003, 10:13 AM
Nope, I just take my bar and weights out into an open space and do them there. Whats this sled thingy? We might have one, I'm not sure...

A picture of a sled hack squat is below:

http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/GluteusMaximus/SLGluteHackSquat.gif

wibble
05-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Ahh yeah, I used to do them on a machine like that. I like the barbell version better though. :)

Thanks for the pic aka23!

wibble
05-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Well, today marks the end of my first Chapter in weight lifting. I've decided to move on from WBB1 to a 4 day split provided by Tank23. Thanks Tank. :D This new split will start on Monday.

A big thanks goes out to WBB for the routine I called my own for the past 3 months, and also to all the people who visit the forums and helped me out so much with both information and motivation.:bow:

In the time since I've started WBB1, I've gotten a lot stronger. Stronger than I was anyhow. ;) As of late I also started gaining weight, I put on 10lbs in no time at all since I quit being so picky while trying to bulk. I think most of it has been in the past 3 weeks because it just sort of snuck up on me. I didn't believe the scale at first, I thought it must have been water weight. But even when I weigh first thing in the morning I'm still keeping the weight. I might hit my summer goal of 160lbs yet. Right now I'm 150lbs. Yay! :)

Below are some of the exercises I've gained strength in. I won't list them all because some I'm unsure of and may not have used max intensity. The weights listed below are for reps in the 6-8 range. I haven't tested my max lifts yet.

Bench Press: 115lbs -> 155lbs

Incline DB Press: 30lbs -> 45lbs

Dips: Bodyweight -> Bodyweight+35lbs

Chinups: Bodyweight -> Bodyweight+22.5lbs

Squats: 135lbs -> 205lbs

Leg Curls: 80lbs -> 95lbs

Military Press: 75lbs -> 115lbs

Seated DB Press: 25lbs -> 40lbs

Lateral Raises: 15lbs -> 22.5lbs

Closegrip Bench: 95lbs -> 145lbs

Skullcrushers: 62.5lbs -> 82.5lbs

DB Curls: 30lbs -> 40lbs

Hammer Curls: 25lbs -> 35lbs

These are the lifts that I have most accurately recorded. So anyone who says WBB1 is not enough of a workout needs to actually give it a try. It worked pretty well for me. :thumbup:

Well I guess I'll move on with my final entry for the WBB1 routine...

Sleep
Slept well last night, got about 8 hours. :)

Diet
Diet was pretty decent also. Finally starting to pack on some pounds. :D

Workout

I talked enough already so I'll just get right down to the listing even though the lifts are probably all posted above.

DB Press: 40lbsx2x8

Closegrip Bench: 145lbsx2x6

Couldn't do Skullcrushers today, someone was using the EZ Bar so I went ahead and did some sort of OH Press on the machine using the rope. Don't know what to call them really, my buds were doin them so I decided I might as well do something. Damn machine was in kg's too.

Blah Thingys: 10kgx1x12

Well well well. I just noticed today that WBB1 calls for Barbell Curls. What have I been doing since I started it? DB Curls. DOH! Oh well. :p

DB Curls: 40lbsx1x8, 40lbsx1x6

Hammer Curls: 35lbsx1x8

And so ends the final journal entry for WBB1. Never fear though, there'll be plenty more entries and plenty more wibble. Stay tuned to this journal for more of me, where its mostly wibble...most of the time. :D

GhettoSmurf
05-09-2003, 07:59 PM
good luck with the new split! :)

mixta
05-09-2003, 10:48 PM
The pic aka23 posted of the hack squat machine is the exactly the same as the on I used to use.

Nice progression on strength and bodyweight wibble! Looking forward too seeing your new split ;)

wibble
05-10-2003, 01:13 AM
Thanks a lot guys! :D

wibble
05-12-2003, 03:45 PM
This was the first day of my new split. I can't wait to be in the gym 4 days a week instead of 3, maybe that will help me stop thinking about going over the weekends when I should be resting. Soccer should occupy some of my time now too, but lately it seems I'm dying to go to the gym all the time. Gotta keep that under control or I won't get any results. :)

Sleep
Sleep was decent but I slept too late. I don't work nightshift anymore (12-8) instead I'm doing 4-12 which is much better.

Diet
Diet wasn't great so far because I didn't get up until about 2:30. I had breakfast then and that was it until my post workout shake. I'll be having supper in a little bit though, might take an extra serving of Nlarge to help make-up for the lack of cals also.

Workout
I was pretty happy with todays workout, Chest/Biceps seem to be a really good combination. I went up in all my Chest exercises and could probably add more to dips and maybe even Incline. Won't be ready to move up in Bench Press yet though, maybe in a couple weeks.

Well I accomplished this week what I couldn't last week...or what I didn't think I could at least. I got 155lbs up for 2 sets of 6 this time as opposed to 1 set of 6 and straining my back. This time the weight was a little easier and I made it a point to concentrate on my form while I was lifting so that I didn't strain anything.

Bench Press: 155lbsx2x6 [+1 set]

I forgot my Incline Press weight again. Thats the second time now. :p In my last entry I had Incline Press as 30lbs -> 40lbs but it was 45lbs. Edited the post to show this. Anyhow, today I picked up the 45lb'ers and went to work and got an easy set of 8. I was pretty surprised how easy it was actually. I was expecting a lot of trouble after all the effort I put into Benching. Picked up the 50's next because I felt the 45's just wouldn't cut it. If I hadn't done the first set with 45's I might have even been able to get 55lbsx2x6. Maybe not though...

Incline DB Press: 45lbsx1x8, 50lbsx1x8, 50lbsx1x6 [+5lbs]

Also up in Weighted Dips and could probably go 45x2x6. Might try this next week.

Weighted Dips: 40lbsx2x8 [+5lbs]

I was going to give up on that last rep in my second set when I saw that I couldn't get it up right away but I kept trying and managed to do it after a bit of a struggle. :)

DB Curls: 40lbsx1x7, 40lbsx1x6

Pulley Crunches: 90lbsx4x10 [+10lbs]

Weighted Crunches: 40lbsx1x10 [+5lbs]

Thats it for today. Tomorrow I have Legs and I'm pretty happy because I'll actually be able to do my SLDL's! Haven't been able to do those in a couple weeks. This split rocks. Thanks again Tank. :D

Btw, I've made my split up out of exercises from the WBB1 routine. Its essentially the same just broken up into 4 days. I was thinking though that I would do say 4 weeks like it is, then reverse anything that can be reversed for 4 weeks just as a changeup. IE. Incline DB Press -> Decline DB Press. DB Curls -> Barbell Curls. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Good idea or not? Also do you think there are any other exercises I should be doing? My split is as follows (everything is in the 6-8 rep range):

Chest/Biceps/Abs

2xBB Bench Press (DB Bench Press after 4 weeks)
2xIncline DB Press (Decline DB Press after 4 weeks)
2xWeighted Dips

2xDB Curls (Barbell Curls after 4 weeks)
1xHammer Curls

4xPulley Crunches
1xWeighted Crunches

Legs

2xSquats
2xHack Squats
2xLeg Curls
2xSLDLs
4xCalve Raises

Shoulders/Triceps

2xMilitary Press
2xDB Press
2xLateral Raises

2xClosegrip Bench
2xSkullcrushers

Back/Abs

2xWeighted Chinups
2xDeadlifts
2xBentover Rows
2xShrugs

4xPulley Crunches
1xWeighted Crunches

I decided I wanted to start training Abs twice a week. See how that goes for awhile...I don't think its too much seeing as its at the beginning and the end of the week.

Well that about concludes another post. As always any thoughts/ideas/advice are always welcome. :)

Alke
05-12-2003, 09:26 PM
hey wibble, just stopping in to see whats up :D

are you bulking or cutting? if your bulking get some more food heheheh (remember - its the calories that count!) get some bagels in you for carbs (250 cals per bagel) and some more tuna for protein, and check out some almonds for your good fats.....

Take your body weight and multiply it by 15, then add 500 and that should be your calorie intake each day to gain weight. Then watch your weight, you should git about a lb a week, if not up your cals, if you get more than 1-2 lbs a week, lower your cals.....something like that, edgar mex gave me tips on what to use as a base for starting my bulk. check out his journal if you get a chance :)

workout looks aces! switching routines/exercises every four weeks is doing wonders for me, so I think your alternating exercises will do you some good :thumbup: :thumbup:

git some more sets in there for your abs, really make em'burn :D

wibble
05-13-2003, 06:00 AM
are you bulking or cutting? if your bulking get some more food heheheh (remember - its the calories that count!) get some bagels in you for carbs (250 cals per bagel) and some more tuna for protein, and check out some almonds for your good fats.....

I'm bulking right now and slowly gaining weight. Trying for about 2700-3000cals a day. I get my carbs from oatmeal and a banana in the morning and my fats from some flax oil. I eat nuts and stuff too though so its not all from the flax.

git some more sets in there for your abs, really make em'burn

Lol I don't know if I can handle anymore. I'm usually at failure by the time I finish my Weighted Crunches. ;)

workout looks aces! switching routines/exercises every four weeks is doing wonders for me, so I think your alternating exercises will do you some good

Thanks a lot! I'll have to give this switching up business a try too then. :) Thanks for stoppin by! :hello:

mixta
05-13-2003, 07:00 AM
Nice workout there Wibble! Weighted dips look good. I bet your abs were fried after those pulley crunches and weighted crunches :D

wibble
05-13-2003, 10:49 AM
Nice workout there Wibble! Weighted dips look good. I bet your abs were fried after those pulley crunches and weighted crunches

Thanks! My abs sure were fried, I could feel them start to give out on my last set of Pulley Crunches. Forced through them though and hit the Decline Crunches. They were pretty hard too. I pretty much collapsed after I did my last rep. :)

aka23
05-13-2003, 01:15 PM
Also do you think there are any other exercises I should be doing? My split is as follows (everything is in the 6-8 rep range):

Chest/Biceps/Abs

2xBB Bench Press (DB Bench Press after 4 weeks)
2xIncline DB Press (Decline DB Press after 4 weeks)
2xWeighted Dips

2xDB Curls (Barbell Curls after 4 weeks)
1xHammer Curls

4xPulley Crunches
1xWeighted Crunches

Legs

2xSquats
2xHack Squats
2xLeg Curls
2xSLDLs
4xCalve Raises

Shoulders/Triceps

2xMilitary Press
2xDB Press
2xLateral Raises

2xClosegrip Bench
2xSkullcrushers

Back/Abs

2xWeighted Chinups
2xDeadlifts
2xBentover Rows
2xShrugs

4xPulley Crunches
1xWeighted Crunches

If you are doing three shoulder exercises, you might want to do one that focuses on the anterior deltoids (military press/seated press), one that focuses on the lateral deltoids (upright row/lateral raise), and one that focuses on the posteriodr deltoids (rear lateral raise/row with elbows out). You could also consider something that focuses on the obliques or hip aductuctors, or you could substitute lunges for one of the leg sets. None of the above is really necessary. Your workout looks good as it stands.

I like your idea of changing exercises every now and then, and keeping things fresh. However, I not sure if replacing the incline DB press with a decline press would be beneficial.

wibble
05-13-2003, 01:48 PM
If you are doing three shoulder exercises, you might want to do one that focuses on the anterior deltoids (military press/seated press), one that focuses on the lateral deltoids (upright row/lateral raise), and one that focuses on the posteriodr deltoids (rear lateral raise/row with elbows out). You could also consider something that focuses on the obliques or hip aductuctors, or you could substitute lunges for one of the leg sets. None of the above is really necessary. Your workout looks good as it stands.

Thanks a lot for the input aka23! Maybe I'll add some elbow out rows to my routine. I like Lunges also but don't want to trade Squats or Hack Squats for them. If they work my Hams well I'll have no problem trading them for the SLDL. :)

I like your idea of changing exercises every now and then, and keeping things fresh. However, I not sure if replacing the incline DB press with a decline press would be beneficial.

Probably not, I just noticed my friends doing these so I thought I could switch it up. If it won't serve any purpose though I probably won't bother. The only reason I wanted to switch it up now and then anyway was for changing DB -> Barbell or Barbell -> DB. The Incline -> Decline was just something I thought of.

Any other suggestions are welcome, thanks for your advice! :D

Alke
05-13-2003, 02:09 PM
yeah, if you havent done any DB Flat Bench work, throw that in as an alternate instead of decline. DB Flat bench will give you more overall growth in the chest area. My BB bench is so-so, but cause I hit DB Flatbench hard I gots lots of chest to fill out the T-shirt with :D

I think DB flat bench also helps you to build the stabilizing muscles around the forearm and shoulder area. your forearms/shoulders get hit hard trying to support heavy weight on the push.

Scott S
05-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Hmm, my BB bench is sucky at the moment (125); maybe I should go back to DB Bench for the meantime. My chest has actually SHRUNK since starting lifting because I used to have more fat there!

Thanks Kenn,

- Scott

wibble
05-13-2003, 06:21 PM
yeah, if you havent done any DB Flat Bench work, throw that in as an alternate instead of decline. DB Flat bench will give you more overall growth in the chest area. My BB bench is so-so, but cause I hit DB Flatbench hard I gots lots of chest to fill out the T-shirt with

:D Haven't done Flat DB Bench before, but I'll be switching up Barbell Bench for it after 4 weeks.

wibble
05-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Sleep
I didn't sleep a whole lot last night despite beating my self out playing soccer. Just rolled around in bed until 2am. I hate when that happens. Felt pretty good when I woke up though so I guess thats all that matters.

Diet
Diet wasn't fantastic at all. I ended up not eating for like 6 hours. tuttut Oh well I'll still hopefully get all my cals in for the day.

Workout
Workout was pretty good, my back was feeling good even after my Hack Squats today. Managed to do my SLDL's which I haven't been able to do for a couple weeks.

I'm going to lower the weight for my Squats a little I think. I didn't get down as far as I would have liked today. I think I'll practice with last weeks weight of 205lbs to get used to it. I've only used that for one session so far so I don't think I should jump the gun. :)

Squats: 135lbsx1x8, 225lbsx2x8

These were feeling good today. I love these. :)

Hack Squats: 190lbsx2x8 [+10lbs]

I actually managed to move up in Lying Leg Curls finally. I couldn't do the 110 for more than 3 or 4 reps last week, but I think thats because my back was bothering me.

Lying Leg Curls: 110lbsx2x6 [+15lbs]

SLDL's...man its been awhile since I could do 2 sets.

Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 135lbsx2x8 [+20lbs]

Did Standing Calf Raises today as I read they're better than the Sitting ones that I did last workout. They were also harder than the Sitting ones, I guess because I have to do the weight + my bodyweight. Never really thought of it like that before. :)

Calf Raises: 127.5kgx4x10

Kind of disappointed about my Squats, but thats ok...I'll get up there and do them better next time. :thumbup:

Tank23
05-13-2003, 07:15 PM
Heya Wibble, things are looking good in here. I really like your split ;) :D

That was a good idea to put the standing calve raises in there. Regarding the SLDL, there's no way lunges are a sub for SLDL for the hammies.

..anyways...carry on...:)

-Tank

wibble
05-13-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey Tank! :D

Heya Wibble, things are looking good in here. I really like your split

Why thank you I made it up myself! :strong: LOL ok ok, I guess you helped *a little* ;) ;)

Regarding the SLDL, there's no way lunges are a sub for SLDL for the hammies.

Yeah, didn't think so... Oh well maybe I'll add in 2 sets of lunges for the hell of it, one for each leg. Might be a little tough after Squats/Hack Squats though. :)

Thanks for the post and take it easy mah aussie brotha! :D

GhettoSmurf
05-14-2003, 04:52 AM
hey wibble, workouts looking good. i really want to try the hack squats, and ive been looking at some sites on proper form. by any chance, when you do the hack squats, do they chew up the backs of your legs (like your claves) or anything?

GhettoSmurf
05-14-2003, 04:53 AM
by chew up i mean scrape them up (sorry if i was unclear)

wibble
05-14-2003, 04:59 AM
hey wibble, workouts looking good. i really want to try the hack squats, and ive been looking at some sites on proper form. by any chance, when you do the hack squats, do they chew up the backs of your legs (like your claves) or anything?

Thanks GhettoSmurf! :) Nope, they don't bother the back of my legs at all. I keep the bar as close to my legs as possible and it slides up the back of them but everything is fine. Give them a try, I bet you'll love em! :D

wibble
05-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Sleep
Woke up pretty refreshed this morning, actually managed to get to sleep without too much hassle. :)

Diet
Good so far, eatin lots!

Workout
Didn't really have much of a workout, it was supposed to be a rest day. I got off at 12 though and had nothing to do, and my bud was also bored so we figured we'd hit the gym. I was going to do a repeat of Monday's Exercises (Chest/Bi's) after reading that HST article, but instead I figured it was a good day to test a couple of my max lifts. I didn't do Squats though as I had Leg day yesterday. :)

My Chest didn't feel sore and I hadn't worked it since Monday so I thought I'd be good to go. I had only a little tightness around my armpits from the Incline DB Press.

Bench Press: 135lbsx1x6, 155lbsx1x3, 180lbsx1x1, 185lbsx1x1, 195lbsx1x1 (Little assistance needed here)

I think I could have gotten the 195lbs if I had been fresh, I was putting it up and then got stuck and it went back down. My bud said he only gave me a little assistance. I'll have to try it again some other day. I was pretty happy with it though and didn't bother to try it a second time because I was pretty tired and I had only expected my max to be about 180lbs anyway. So I was satisfied.

After doing this, I just had to test my Deadlift. I couldn't help it. :)
I figured my max was about 225lbs or so, but a managed a little more. I probably could have done more than I did today too, but it just seemed really damn heavy. I had no problems getting it up or anything and felt my form was good but I was a little nervous about going higher to tell the truth. Guess it was a confidence issue but I know the weight I did use was very close to max anyways...

Deadlifts: 135lbsx1x8, 225lbsx1x1, 250lbsx1x1

I was also pretty happy with this even though I probably could have done more, but its 100lbs more than my bodyweight so I was satisfied for today. :)

Wish I could have tried for max Squat but that can wait for another day. I doubt my Legs had much gas for it.

aka23
05-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Thanks GhettoSmurf! :) Nope, they don't bother the back of my legs at all. I keep the bar as close to my legs as possible and it slides up the back of them but everything is fine. Give them a try, I bet you'll love em! :D

I took your tip and tried hack squats in my quad workout this morning. They definitely feel different from regular squats, and work muscles in a different way. I do squats at home without safety bars. Hack squats seem like a safer alternative in case of failure. However, I do not like the way the motion feels with the bar rubbing against my legs and having my hands behind me. Maybe it will take some time to get used to it.

wibble
05-14-2003, 03:00 PM
I didn't like them the first time I did them either, it felt kind of awkward. I love them now though, to me they're kind of like a Deadlift except you're in front of the bar instead of behind. :)

Alke
05-14-2003, 03:20 PM
nice work on the bench!

wibble wibble wibble.........
I was kidding about more sets for abs LOL I do about 5 sets myself on the decline and thats enough with the right intensity LOL

wibble
05-14-2003, 04:25 PM
Hey Kenn, thanks! :) LOL as for the abs I was thinking damn I'm already done after what I had listed. Was thinking I should add more. I was wondering if I was some sort of wuss. ;)

mixta
05-15-2003, 05:45 AM
Nice workout on the Bench and deads wibble!

wibble
05-15-2003, 09:33 AM
Thanks mixta! I'm pretty close to 200 now, so maybe I should up the goal for my Max Bench...I think I'll shoot for 225lbs. No set date or anything, just eventually will do fine. ;)

aka23
05-15-2003, 09:40 AM
I didn't like them the first time I did them either, it felt kind of awkward. I love them now though, to me they're kind of like a Deadlift except you're in front of the bar instead of behind. :)

I agree that they feel kind of awkward and are like a deadlift with the bar behind. I have never really liked deadlifts, like a lot of posters here do. Perhaps people who really enjoy deadlifts are likely to also prefer hack squats.

wibble
05-15-2003, 09:46 AM
Yeah I would have to agree there aka23, I've grown quite fond of Deadlifts and I think the reason I like Hack Squats so much is because its a similar exercise.

As for the bar rubbing your legs, I find it only does that the first time I lift it off the ground. When you're doing the other reps you only have to go parallel and then stand back up. The bar doesn't usually touch my legs during this movement. You probably know this already, I was just wondering if you were doing it like a Deadlift and laying the bar back down everytime? And well with your hands behind you...guess theres not much we can do about that. :p

aka23
05-15-2003, 09:52 AM
I was trying to go to parallel like is decribed at http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBHackSquat.html . For me parallel is on the floor or just short of it.

wibble
05-15-2003, 03:58 PM
Ahh yeah. Maybe my arms are just shorter, or maybe I just didn't realize how close the bar comes to the ground. :)

wibble
05-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Sleep
Pretty good, had about 7 hours I guess. Woke up a bit sleepy though.

Diet
:swear: I forgot to pick up more oatmeal so all I had for breakfast was a banana and a glass of OJ. Gotta go to the grocery store tonight...

Workout
Workout was pretty good. I destroyed my triceps today. Shoulders were pretty rough also but not as bad. :)

Man these were tough, 5lbs was a pretty big difference considering I had a pretty hard time pumping out 6x115lbs. Hopefully they'll get easier soon. ;)

Military Press: 120lbsx2x6 [+5lbs]

The last few reps of these were pretty hard too. I suffered them out though.

DB Press: 40lbsx2x8

My Closegrip benches seemed a little easier today than last time. Didn't even need a spot. Maybe I could up the weight by 5lbs...

Closegrip Bench: 145lbsx2x6

I decided to try and move up in Skullcrushers since I've been using the same weight for awhile...ohh ho ho. 5lbs sure made a hell of a difference here. After about 4 I started losing form and getting stuck so I moved back down to my usual weight. It seemed so much lighter. :redface:

Skullcrushers: 87.5lbsx1x4, 82.5lbsx1x8, 82.5lbsx1x6

That was all I was supposed to do today, but while waiting for a friend I decided I would give something else a try. I was going to do Tricep Pushdowns at first but then saw the Dip station right in front of the machine. I had to take Dips over a machine. :D I strapped on 30lbs and decided I'd give that a go. I never realized how damn fried my triceps were until I started doing the Dips. I tried so hard for my last rep I strained something in my neck too. I found that kinda funny. I got up but couldn't lock out. Anyways...

Weighted Dips: 30lbsx1x6

Thats it for another day. Not bad all in all, the workout served the purpose but I was hoping for more PR's. :)

wibble
05-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Sleep
Got about 7 hours, wasn't tired at all today. A little reluctant to get up and go to work though just the same. :)

Diet
Pretty good so far, got my Oatmeal. :D

Workout
Not too bad at all. Todays workout made me realize my max Deadlift is definitely more than 250. I guess I should have kept going until I couldn't do the weight I had wanted. Maybe I'll have the confidence to do that next time.

One of my friends looked at me today after I did my Weighted Chinups and he says "You're not supposed to add weight until you can do 20 with your bodyweight." I was like WHAT THE HELL? Where do you get your "facts" from?! I said that was like saying you're not supposed to do Weighted Crunches until you can do 20 without any weight. Then he says no, its different. Again...WHAT THE HELL? I told him a muscle is a muscle and its worked like any other. Then he went on to say it was different because of the fat and you can't see your abs when they're under fat so somehow in his eyes it makes the muscle different. So I was like well thats what cuttin down is for after. He was just like yeah I guess. I don't know where the hell he came up with this. Generally he's pretty much got the right idea about working out. I couldn't believe my damn ears. Anyways, that was one event that happened to me at the gym.

Another guy, who I know pretty well looked at me today and asked if I gained weight and he said I was lookin pretty solid. I thought he was joking and I just blew it off. I know I don't look too solid at 150lbs. :p But I guess he meant it as a compliment I don't know. If someone compliments me I always blow it off.

One more incident...I was taking a break between Deadlift sets, and another guy I know really well was eyeing the weight I was using. So he comes over and he's like "I wanna see how heavy that is." He tried to pick it up and he said it was heavy and he didn't want to throw his back out. I just stood there and gave a little smile and he was like "You're stronger then you look." I didn't know how to take that one so I just kept my mouth shut.

I hate getting conflicting compliments. One guy says I look solid, one guy pretty much tells me I look like a weakling. Bleh. The compliments on here are much better because no one knows how I look so I can take them seriously. :)

Anyway...enough about that. On to the workout.

Weighted Chinups: 22.5lbsx2x8 [+2 reps/set]

Deadlifts: 225lbsx2x6 [+20lbs]

Bentover Rows: 125lbsx2x6 [+10lbs]

Shrugs: 82lbsx1x10 [+2lbs]

Pulley Crunches: 90lbsx4x8

Weighted Crunches: 40lbsx1x12 [+2 reps]

Thats all for today, I'm out. :)

GhettoSmurf
05-16-2003, 07:44 PM
looks like a killer workout wibble. lol, i'd love to get soe compliments like that. i'm just waiting for the day when i get to be where i want to be weight-wise and im going to go up 2 my boss, and see what he says ;).

believe it or not, i also got a compliment, well, sort-of. today at school i had to take a leak REALLY badly right in the middle of class. so i walked up 2 the teacher and asked him if i could use the bathroom, and he looked at me and said "well, maybe if you didnt drink so much wanter, you wouldnt have to p!ss so much" :D

Alke
05-16-2003, 08:29 PM
wow wibble, looks like you had an adventure at the gym!

lifts are coming in strong, thats a plus :thumbup: :thumbup: Keep up whatever you are doing for diet and sleep and stuff, its working :D

compliments are hard, I still feel styrange when someone I dont know comes up to me and says "nice lift", I just shrug and say thanks cause I dont know what else to say........

Tank23
05-16-2003, 08:49 PM
Workouts looking good wibble! How are you liking doing back on its own day now?

That's great that you're getting compliments dude, even if they're conflicting. :)

-Tank

wibble
05-16-2003, 09:47 PM
GhettoSmurf:

looks like a killer workout wibble. lol, i'd love to get soe compliments like that. i'm just waiting for the day when i get to be where i want to be weight-wise and im going to go up 2 my boss, and see what he says

LOL yeah, and then pour some of your famous MRP down his damn throat! ;)

today at school i had to take a leak REALLY badly right in the middle of class.

It must be hard trying to keep all your peeing timed to inbetween classes! Good thing he let ya go or you might have had to pee in his garbage can! :)

Kenn:

wow wibble, looks like you had an adventure at the gym!

lifts are coming in strong, thats a plus Keep up whatever you are doing for diet and sleep and stuff, its working

Yeah I guess I did! :) I'll keep going, hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be looking closer to how I'd like. I'm a little backwards at the moment though. By the way things are going I'll have bulked all summer and will be cutting in winter. Oh well. Might have to make it a double bulk. ;)

Tank23:

Workouts looking good wibble! How are you liking doing back on its own day now?

Thanks! :D I'm loving having back on its own day and so far apart from legs. I didn't even take a rest day so far this week and have had zero problems with the split, it kicks ass! :thumbup: All this HST talk makes me wonder if I should try it though. Maybe sometime down the road, for now I think I'm doing fine. :)

That's great that you're getting compliments dude, even if they're conflicting

Yeah I guess so eh? I guess I just don't really handle them well in person. ;) I get embarassed or think people are f*ucking with me. Maybe its just my crazy irrational mind at work. :p

Thanks for the posts boys! :D

mixta
05-18-2003, 06:25 AM
Well done on the compliments wibble,conflicting stuff sucks but at the end of the day youre progressing and thats all that matters:D The weight youre lifting is also coming along nicely too :thumbup:

wibble
05-18-2003, 07:44 AM
Thanks mixta! Yeah I'm not too worried. I was a small guy all my life so I have a lot of work to do anyway. No big deal if it takes me awhile to be not so small. ;)

wibble
05-20-2003, 03:53 PM
Sleep
Sleep was good today, I had the day off so I slept in until 10:30.

Diet
Diet wasn't too bad but I could have eaten more...I was on the go most of the day kickin the soccer ball around. The day isn't over yet though. :)

Workout
My workout wasn't very good today, I'm not sure if it was the hot weather, the lack of cals or if it was just one of those days. Maybe it wasn't that great because I tried too hard on the bench because my Biceps seemed pretty good today and my Chest sucked. Oh well, better luck next week.

I wanted to hit my short term goal of benching 160lbs for reps today but didn't quite get it. I lost concentration on my second set and it was all downhill from there. Maybe next week I'll go back to 155lbs then the week after shoot for it again. Even though this weight was 5lbs heavier than last week I'm not counting it as a new PR because I didn't get 2 sets of 6.

I should have known I wouldn't get it though, I just got to 6 reps for 2 sets on 155lbs last week. I was getting ahead of myself.

Bench Press: 160lbsx1x6, 160lbsx1x4, 160lbsx1x3

Incline was horrible after this also. Everything seemed so heavy. I tried to move up from 50's to the 56's (yeah weird weight I know. Its not a typo ;)) but I failed there also. I went to use last weeks weight of 50lbs, and even those felt like 600lbs. I had to drop way down to 45. SHEESH. I haven't been using 45's in forever it seems.

Incline DB Press: 56lbsx1x6, 45lbsx1x10

Hmm just realized I went up in Dip weight. Guess today wasn't a complete loss. :p

Weighted Dips: 45lbsx2x6 [+5lbs]

DB Curls: 40lbsx1x8, 40lbsx1x6 [+1 rep]

Hammer Curls: 35lbsx1x8 [+2 reps]

Pulley Crunches: 90lbsx3x10, 90lbsx1x9 [-1 rep] :mad:

Weighted Crunches: 45lbsx1x9 [+5lbs]

That was it for today. Had some gains and some losses. What a messed up day. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I'll have to do better next week.

I have Legs tomorrow, hope I'm up for it...my foot is really sore from playing soccer, sometimes I catch myself limping on it. Hopefully it won't effect my Squats/Calve Raises. Guess we'll see...

Tank23
05-21-2003, 03:01 AM
Thanks! I'm loving having back on its own day and so far apart from legs. I didn't even take a rest day so far this week and have had zero problems with the split, it kicks ass! All this HST talk makes me wonder if I should try it though. Maybe sometime down the road, for now I think I'm doing fine.

Ok, so first you copy my split, now you wanna do HST? :D (i'm doing HST soon, if you didn't know lol)

Yeh, back alone really does kick ass.

Minus 1 rep on the second set of pulley crunches is hardly a 'loss' man. Cheer up charlie! ;)

-Tank

mixta
05-21-2003, 05:21 AM
Nice workout, good gains there with the dips

I have Legs tomorrow, hope I'm up for it...my foot is really sore from playing soccer, sometimes I catch myself limping on it. Hopefully it won't effect my Squats/Calve Raises. Guess we'll see...

I hate it when you play a sport and sometimes you strain something that you plan on working on the next day (like your sore foot from playing soccer and doing leg workout the next day)
It really messes with my mind and sometimes you end up shortchanging yourself with the workout from not going as hard but as long as you play it smart you should be alright :D

wibble
05-21-2003, 10:29 AM
Thanks mixta, I hope so! It sucks because I bought some indoor soccer shoes but have been wearing them around like sneakers because I couldn't find any that I liked. I bought a new soccer ball too, and it feels like its as hard as a rock in my soft indoor shoes. I've been having the pain for awhile now but I love soccer so much I just kept on going. My foot is sore as hell now though, guess I have it bruised pretty good. (I hope its a bruise and not a fracture :)) I had a cut on my toe from playing also and it used to bleed through my sock so I guess I should take a break. :( But then again, don't wanna be messed up for when the season starts. :)

clvmike19
05-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Wibble, nice workout! Good to see ya moving up in some of your areas. I read that you want to hit 225 max on bench. Any date set for that goal yet? I tried 205 yesterday and got it 3/4 up but then my form went and I dropped it :mad: Im stuck at 200 for now. Anyhow keep up the hard work and maybe Ill meet you at 225 soon.....

wibble
05-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Thanks clvmike19, glad you dropped in! :hello:

No real date set for the 225lb Bench yet, I figure once I progress on my rep weight some more I might give it a try. I think I could probably manage 195-200lbs if I was fresh. The last time I tried my max, by the time I hit 195lbs I was about to die. I was pusing it up but couldn't get it the rest of the way. My main focus at the moment is owning that 160lbs for 2 sets of 6-8. Damn you 160lbs... *shakes fist* I'm guessing that by the time I'm doing 170-180 for reps I might manage 1x225lbs. We'll see. :D

clvmike19
05-21-2003, 10:50 AM
Im sure youll own the bastards in no time. Any weight gain lately?

wibble
05-21-2003, 12:32 PM
I hope so. ;) No idea on the weight gain really. Everytime I weigh myself the scale says 150lbs but some of it is water weight. I even weigh 150lbs first thing in the morning. I think I'm around 145-146lbs though because when I got up after a night of drinking the other weekend I weighed in at 144. I figured that would be a good time to weigh myself since I was dehydrated to hell. :)

wibble
05-21-2003, 12:48 PM
Sleep
Slept for about 6 hours last night but woke up this morning before my alarm went off and I felt really alert. :)

Diet
Could have takin in more cals, but I'll just have to try and eat more this evening and tonight.

Workout
My workout wasn't too bad. My foot didn't really give me any trouble until I got to my Standing Calve Raises. Its aching like crazy now. It would hurt to do them even with my body weight, let alone with like 280lbs. Oh well I suffered through them. Had to be done. :)

I started off with Hack Squats today instead of regular Squats since both racks were being used. I felt a little pinch inbetween my shoulder blades while doing them, I've noticed I've gotten the same sort of pain other times when I do Standing Calve Raises or Deadlifts. Maybe I didn't have my grip wide enough and it hurt my shoulder blades at the top of the movement.

Hack Squats: 135lbsx1x8, 200lbsx2x8 [+10lbs]

My Squats felt much better with 205lbs then they did when I used 225lbs. I managed to get down a lot farther and all was well in Squat land. Except once when I lost my balance and drifted forward onto my toes. :D Oh yeah, I got pretty distracted doing these also. This chick in a tank top was using the Lying Leg Curl Machine right in front of me...I guess you know what I was concentrating on. :hump: I was trying not to look so that I didn't screw up, but what could I do? I mean really, not look?? :D She kept bending over in front of me too. Sheesh. Girls at the gym are distracting, glad I don't usually see any there. Or am I... :D

Squats: 135lbsx1x8, 205lbsx2x8

I could have probably gotten more reps here, but in my first set I got a crazy leg cramp so I pumped them out fast. :p By the time the second set came around, all I had left was 6.

Lying Leg Curls: 110lbsx2x6

Stiff Legged Deadlift: 145lbsx2x8 [+10lbs]

Standing Calve Raises: 127.5kgx4x10

Tomorrow is Shoulders/Triceps. Can't wait for that, its always a fun day. :)

Alke
05-21-2003, 01:07 PM
AWESME leg day wibble. Dont know what to tell you on the pinching......

looks like you had some NICE eye candy at the gym LOL. They always act they they dont know were staring but I think they know, I mean...their right there in front of you for crying out loud! I like the girls who wink at you then do the leg curl machine.

clvmike19
05-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Dude, chicks at the gym rock. The gym I goto is full of them! Thats a minor distraction but it also is motivation.

God Bless Women. the fine pieces they are!

Hit on her next time Wibble!!

wibble
05-22-2003, 03:31 PM
God Bless Women. the fine pieces they are!
Amen. :)

Hit on her next time Wibble!!
LOL yeah, maybe next time I'll ask if she needs a spotter when she does squats. :evillaugh

wibble
05-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Sleep
Sleep was good last night, once again I woke up before my alarm clock went off. I love not waking up to that god awful sound. :)

Diet
Diet isn't bad so far, gettin them cals in! :)

Workout
Workout was pretty good, I really worked for some of my reps today. :thumbup:

Man these were tough, 5lbs was a pretty big difference considering I had a pretty hard time pumping out 6x115lbs. Hopefully they'll get easier soon.

:D That was a comment I made on last weeks Military Press. Guess they got easier sooner than later. ;)

Military Press: 120lbsx2x8 [+4 reps]

Man these were tough on the last rep, but I managed to get em! :)

DB Press: 45lbsx2x6 [+5lbs]

These I find easy on the first few reps. They don't become really hard until 8 or so. Maybe I should drop the reps down to 6-8 and use the 25lbers. We'll see...

Hmm. My Closegrip Bench is only 5lbs lower than what I'm using for reps on regular Bench now. Maybe I'll see some increase there within the next couple weeks. These were pretty damn tough on reps 5 and 6.

Closegrip Bench: 150lbsx2x6 [+5lbs]

My usual Skullcrusher weight seemed harder today, must have been because I worked so hard on my Closegrip. Its all good though.

Skullcrushers: 82.5lbsx1x8, 82.5lbsx1x6

All in all, a pretty decent workout I think. I'm satisfied. :) I was especially happy with my progress on the Military Press since progression was always so slow on that but now it seems to be going up pretty quickly. I hope to be doing plates soon. :D

GhettoSmurf
05-22-2003, 04:56 PM
nice job with the gains wibble. hows the split working for ya? ;)

wibble
05-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Thanks GS, I'm lovin it so far! I think its going to work better than my last split, I get to start every workout at full recovery. :) How are you finding it?

aka23
05-22-2003, 05:25 PM
These I find easy on the first few reps. They don't become really hard until 8 or so. Maybe I should drop the reps down to 6-8 and use the 25lbers. We'll see...

Nice workout. I often run into similar situations with dumbbells where one weight is too high, but the closest weight below that one is too low. In this situation, I like to do one set with lower reps at the higher weight, then do the second set with more reps at the lower weight.

wibble
05-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the advice aka, I'll probably give that a shot next workout. Do some with the 25's and some with the 22.5's. Hell, been awhile since I've tried the 25's maybe I could do em... Have to wait and see I guess. :)

Tank23
05-23-2003, 01:53 AM
Lookin good wibble! Good stuff with the PR's on militaries. Up until yesterday (sore shoulder) I was progressing really well with them, looks like it's your turn now :p

GhettoSmurf
05-23-2003, 04:45 AM
Thanks GS, I'm lovin it so far! I think its going to work better than my last split, I get to start every workout at full recovery. :) How are you finding it?

so far ive really liked it. i felt like i had a ot more energy to put into my tricep workout then i narmally did when i put chest and tri's together.

Alke
05-23-2003, 02:39 PM
hey wibble awesome gains bro' good to see you getting some progression out of the military press!!! I know you'll be getting 2 plates soon bro'

I also like how you are getting those last few reps out. thats awesome IMO. Those last few reps should be harder, but not so you cant do them. A lot of people try to make it so it is difficult on rep 2 and resort to the spotter helping it along to rep 6-8. Sounds like you got a good feel for the weights :thumbup: :thumbup:

wibble
05-23-2003, 05:09 PM
Hey Kenn, thanks a lot for the compliments! :D One problem I have now though on working so hard for those last reps on Bench and CGBP is that the past couple workouts I've found a muscle in the back of my shoulder/necked has been strained. I think I realized what it could be though, I'm not sure as I wasn't looking for it while doing the exercise, but when I go through the motion with no weight and sort of act like I'm straining, I think I could be shrugging my shoulders up to my neck. Seems like that could be the cause. I'll have to watch out for this next time.

I was supposed to have my Back workout today, but I didn't think I could manage. My foot has been hurting more than usual today, paining all day. I didn't think I'd be able to drive it into the floor on Deadlifts, but maybe I'll try tomorrow. :)

Alke
05-23-2003, 05:14 PM
yeah, I used to do the same thing. I used to shrug sometimes and once you know what a possible cause for something is it is easy to fix. check out this article if you havent already........

http://www.criticalbench.com/benchpressarticles8.htm

mixta
05-24-2003, 09:00 AM
Sleep was good last night, once again I woke up before my alarm clock went off. I love not waking up to that god awful sound. :)

Yeah that sound isnt too nice, but thats the idea, lol. Good workout and dont forget to offer that chick a spot when she does the BB squats! :D

wibble
05-24-2003, 09:25 AM
Kenn: Thanks for the link, it was a good read. :) Everything listed there form-wise I do so thats all good, the shrugging thing I guess happens when I have to put everything into that last rep and I tense right up. Maybe I don't even shrug, I was thinking that could be what happens. I'll have to watch out for it next time.

mixta: Hey, thanks! Yeah I think I'll have to offer a little "help" next time. :evillaugh Take it easy! :)

wibble
05-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Sleep
I had too much sleep yesterday. I took a 5 hour nap at 2:30, then went to bed again around 11:30 just because I had to get up today at 7. I had to literally force myself to sleep. This caused all kinds of night terrors. :eek: One dream I had, I was in bed and it started to shake like crazy, like in that movie The Exorcist. It seemed so real I was just like oh sweet crap and forced myself to wakeup. Then when I wokeup I was in the exact same position as in the dream, weirded me out a bit. :)

Diet
Diet is good so far today, but I don't want to see another damn burger. Had 3 chicken burgers for lunch and now my Dad's girlfriend is cooking Burgers and Pork Chops. Guess I'll just have Pork Chops. :redface:

Workout
Workout went pretty well. I felt like I was full of energy before I left, but then when I got there it seemed like it was gone. Maybe I was riding an insulin spike. :)

Down 3 reps on the chinups, I don't think I tried my hardest though. I was feeling kind of lazy and I'm not a big fan of these anyway. Had 2 sets of 8 last week.

Weighted Chinups: 22.5lbsx1x6, 22.5lbsx1x7

I was happy with my Deadlifts today, I guess I haven't been pushing myself hard enough on these as I had another big jump in weight today...the last reps were tough though so next week I'll probably only add on 5lbs. Funny how a couple weeks ago I thought my max was near 250. Maybe its near 300? :p

Deadlifts: 135lbsx1x6, 245lbsx2x6 [+20lbs]

I forgot how much weight I was using for Bentover rows, turns out I used 5lbs less than last time. Oh well.

Shrugs: 82lbsx1x10

Pulley Crunches: 90lbsx4x10

Weighted Crunches: 45lbsx1x15 [+6 reps]

Thats it for today. Nothing interesting happened at the gym, there was just this one old lady who did set after set after set of something or other on the Tricep Pushdown machine...don't know what she was doing, it wasn't Tricep Pushdowns thats for sure. Looked like she was trying to do crunches on it. Then she would go do behind the back pulldowns then repeat. She was doing that the whole entire time I was there. She was even there when I came in. Oh well. Let her do what she wants. :)

mixta
05-24-2003, 11:38 PM
One dream I had, I was in bed and it started to shake like crazy, like in that movie The Exorcist. It seemed so real I was just like oh sweet crap and forced myself to wakeup. Then when I wokeup I was in the exact same position as in the dream, weirded me out a bit.:)

Some chick was telling me once that if you wake up in a dream and go to sleep in the same position, the dream continues from where it left off. Dont know if there is any truth to that though, I was pi$$ed as :D

More lbs on the Deads, way to go! With the crunches, do your abs recover well considering you give them a good frying? Every time I go heavy on abs I cant do anything afterwards, lol

wibble
05-25-2003, 01:02 AM
More lbs on the Deads, way to go! With the crunches, do your abs recover well considering you give them a good frying? Every time I go heavy on abs I cant do anything afterwards, lol

Thanks! :) Yeah my Abs recover really well, I might even be able to do them 3 times / week but I think I'll stick with 2 to be on the safe side.

mixta
05-25-2003, 01:10 AM
EDIT: oops, i meant to say i was drunk, pi$$ed is our slang for being drunk:redface:

don't know what she was doing, it wasn't Tricep Pushdowns thats for sure. Looked like she was trying to do crunches on it.

lol, funny stuff

clvmike19
05-25-2003, 11:39 AM
Sometimes Im not sure what the older folks are doing on the machines, but hey let them have their fun. Usually they hang out in the pool. Its like a geriatric breeding ground in there!! Once in awhile though Ill see a hottie in there and take a nice slow stroll past the pool. Anyhow good work Wib, keep it up!

wibble
05-26-2003, 04:25 PM
clvmike19: Thanks man! :)

Well today was my Chest/Biceps/Abs day. I was pretty happy with my Chest workout I guess, but my Biceps were crap. Blah. All crap.

Sleep
Had lots. Too much. Didn't get up until 1pm.

Diet
Need to eat more cals. Must plan a diet and follow it. I'm getting kind of sick of the eat anything and everything sort of deal. I want to know how much I'm eating. I need control.

Workout
As I said last week, I was dropping back down to 155lbs for now on my Bench so I can get 2 full sets of 160lbs next time. I did alright with 155lbs, gaining some reps. I got stuck on my very last rep though, it sucked. A bud of mine watching me said it looked like I did 7 so easily too. For this exercise I'm going to count improvement from 2 weeks ago when I was using 155lbs as opposed to last week when I tried 160lbs.

Bench Press: 135lbsx1x6, 155lbsx1x8, 155lbsx1x7.5 :mad: [+3.5 reps]

I decided to try the 56lb'ers for Incline DB Press again, but I don't think I gave myself enough of a break in between exercises. The 56's felt really heavy. So I tried the 50's, also really heavy. I was like oh no, a repeat of last week...then I said screw this, I will NOT go back to the 45's. I took a little bit of extra time and got my sets out with the 50's. My bud told me to move to the 56's because I did them so easily. Heh I guess I'm good at hiding my straining. :p I'm going to keep attempting the 56's every week until I can do them. I did a set of 6 with them last week, theres no reason why I shouldn't be able to give it all I got and get one more. Next time I'm going to get myself psyched up for these and give it everything.

Incline DB Press: 56lbsx1x4, 50lbsx1x4, 50lbsx2x6

Dips were my best exercise of the day. I was happy with my improvement in these. I think I'll be moving up next week. I almost had 2 sets of 8, but couldn't lockout on that last rep. I'm confident that I can move to 56's for 2 sets of 6 though.

Weighted Dips: 50lbsx1x8, 50lbsx1x7 [+5lbs]

Like I said before, I wasn't very happy with my Biceps today. I couldn't get those damn DB Curls out. It felt like I had nothing left to give in my second set. I'm down 5 reps here. :(

DB Curls: 40lbsx1x7, 40lbsx1x4

Hammer Curls however stayed the same...

Hammer Curls: 35lbsx1x8

I think my Abs were still recovering from Saturday. Pulley Crunches were pretty tough towards the end.

Pulley Crunches: 90lbsx4x10

Weighted Crunches: 45lbsx1x10

I was pretty exhausted after this workout even though I'm down in some areas. But the upside is I'm up in other areas so thats good I guess.

clvmike19
05-26-2003, 06:56 PM
Youve probably seen this before but I suggest fitday.com to track your diet. It tells you literally everything you need to know. Anyhow good workout, try to hit those bi's even harder next week. That is the only area Im not making good weight gains in, but I think my bis are getting bigger anyway. Last time I checked it was 14". Wib, got any pics? I think youre right when you said we may be about the same build. We have practically the same workout weights. If not maybe you could post measurements.

wibble
05-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Youve probably seen this before but I suggest fitday.com to track your diet. It tells you literally everything you need to know.

Yup, I use this every now and again. Once I plan out a decent diet in the 3000-3300cal range I'll start using it. :)

Anyhow good workout, try to hit those bi's even harder next week. That is the only area Im not making good weight gains in, but I think my bis are getting bigger anyway. Last time I checked it was 14". Wib, got any pics? I think youre right when you said we may be about the same build. We have practically the same workout weights. If not maybe you could post measurements.

Thanks. I'll definately have to hit them harder next time, I don't know why I had so much trouble. I don't have any pics at the moment, but I'd kind of like to get some just so I can see the progress I make. As for measurements, I haven't taken any of those yet either. I've been meaning to though. I'll have to look into that. :)

clvmike19
05-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Hell yes look into it so I can see how much smaller I am and how far I have to catch up!

wibble
05-27-2003, 04:36 AM
LOL I think its going to be the other way around there mike! :p

clvmike19
05-27-2003, 08:50 AM
no no no. We're the WBB Skinny Asses. Hey everyone join the club! The WBBSA......

wibble
05-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Hahaha! Theres a guy at my gym that can be our leader. He's the skinniest person you have ever seen and he always takes off his shirt and flexes his Abs in front of the mirror. Wait, no we don't want that guy. :D

clvmike19
05-27-2003, 04:04 PM
Membership denied! Maybe we can get some more charter members....

wibble
05-27-2003, 04:06 PM
Sleep
Didn't get much, I tossed and turned all night. I remember being awake until like 1am, then waking up at 4, 5, 6 and 6:30. I was pretty damn tired when I lid down this afternoon to watch tv. I think I got a little power nap in though. I had to drag myself to the gym today.

Diet
Pretty good. I gotta get to planning that diet soon though. Maybe sometime this week when I get bored.

Workout
Not a bad workout, but I couldn't do my Standing Calve Raises today. I managed 1 set and my foot hurt too much. I thought it was getting better but its not, maybe I should see a doctor. I might have a small bone broken or something, its been a couple weeks now.

Squats: 135lbsx1x8, 215lbsx2x8 [+10lbs]

I could have forced another 2 reps on my Hack Squats but man, by the 6th I just wanted it all to be over. My legs were hurtin bad.

Hack Squats: 205lbsx1x8, 205lbsx1x6 [+5lbs]

Lying Leg Curls: 110lbsx2x6

Stiff Legged Deadlift: 155lbsx2x8 [+10lbs]

Standing Calve Raises: 135kgx1x10

That was it for today, my legs were pretty exhausted after all this. Too bad about my Standing Calve Raises though. Oh well, at least I managed to do all my other exercises...Damn foot better heal soon.

wibble
05-27-2003, 04:08 PM
Membership denied! Maybe we can get some more charter members....

Yeah, we'll have to do our best! Skinny people of the world unite!

GhettoSmurf
05-27-2003, 05:24 PM

Amen to that brother! ;)

nice leg workout!

btw - do you do your hack squats with free weights? or is it on a sled-type thing?

GhettoSmurf
05-27-2003, 05:24 PM

Amen to that brother! ;)

nice leg workout!

btw - do you do your hack squats with free weights? or is it on a sled-type thing?

wibble
05-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Thanks GhettoSmurf! Thanks for Spammin up my journal with your double post! :D Haha just kiddin man, doesn't bother me. ;)

I do my Hack Squats with Free Weight. I used to use the Smith for them, but went back to the good old bar and weights. Like them much better this way.

wibble
05-27-2003, 08:12 PM
Hell yes look into it so I can see how much smaller I am and how far I have to catch up!

Well, I got some measurements takin tonight. I gotta warn ya, they're not pretty. I think you're probably already bigger than I am. I feel so damn small lookin at these. Ahem. Anyway, here are my measurements at ~150lbs.

Chest: 36"
Waist: 33"

Left Bicep: 14"
Right Bicep: 14"
Left Calve: 14"
Right Calve: 15"
Left Thigh: 20"
Right Thigh: 19"

I wanna see some increases here between now and August. I don't mean in the Waist either. :D

Scott S
05-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Skinny person reporting! Perhaps some day I'll take some measurements too. Maybe even some pictures too. But not until I cut. I'm getting bigger, but not where I want to be. :cry:

clvmike19
05-27-2003, 09:09 PM
Scott S welcome to the WBBSA association. Wibble, we have about the same build man.

Here's mine:

Weight-150lbs
Chest-38"
Arms-14"
Thighs-21"
Calves-15"
Waist-34"
Height- 5'8" or so.

So we're not that far off. Im sure by August we'll both be 165lb monsters :D

Scott S
05-27-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm so honored...

At 5'8"/145, my goal is to hit 155 or 160 by the end of summer. That should be enough to make some good gains without getting too pudgy I think. Be sure to check out my journal -- the strength is coming, albeit very slowly.
(If that wasn't true :spam:, I don't know what is!)

clvmike19
05-28-2003, 09:22 AM
I dont think any memeber of the WBBSA needs to worry about body fat. Some more :spam: for your journal Wib!

aka23
05-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Not a bad workout, but I couldn't do my Standing Calve Raises today. I managed 1 set and my foot hurt too much. I thought it was getting better but its not, maybe I should see a doctor. I might have a small bone broken or something, its been a couple weeks now.'

I agree that seeing a doctor is a good idea since it has been two weeks. There are many possible types of injuries besides a broken bone. Some of these are unlikely to correct themself with out treatment.

Nice gains on the squats and SLDLs.

clvmike19
05-28-2003, 09:08 PM
Wibble we should see who hits 155 first. Thatll be the WBBSA goal for June. lol

wibble
05-29-2003, 04:49 AM
LOL that gives me 3 solid days of eating! :evillaugh: Too bad you're a calorie whore and will beat me. :D

I was up to 154lbs yesterday evening for a couple hours. Does that count? :)

clvmike19
05-29-2003, 07:17 AM
calorie whore?!?!?!? LOL!!! Dude, thats great. Thats the funniest thing Ive seen on this board yet.

Wikked1
05-29-2003, 08:21 AM
wibble did a little reading in your journal....I hope you got some rest dude and I would recommend seeing the doc if your foot problem persists....nothing like nagging aches to slow your progress down. You've got a good sense of humor.....quick with the quips......your lat raises look good.....what I do when 1 weight is too much and another not enough....is split the set between the two weights....some guys call it strip or drop sets...a good technique for getting past a plataeu as well...

Tank23
05-29-2003, 09:19 AM

Well, I got some measurements takin tonight. I gotta warn ya, they're not pretty. I think you're probably already bigger than I am. I feel so damn small lookin at these. Ahem. Anyway, here are my measurements at ~150lbs.

Chest: 36"
Waist: 33"

Left Bicep: 14"
Right Bicep: 14"
Left Calve: 14"
Right Calve: 15"
Left Thigh: 20"
Right Thigh: 19"

I wanna see some increases here between now and August. I don't mean in the Waist either. :D

Wibble dude!!

I'm about the same as you man. Our arm measurements are same, except my left arm is at 13.5", stupid arm! My calves are at just over 14 inch.

I dunno bout thighs, since it depends where u measure. Haven't measured chest. My waist is at 34" now :(

Haven't weighted myself in a while, but a while ago I was 154lbs, I'd prob be bout 160 by now.

Forgot to mention my height: about 5'9"

-Tank

wibble
05-29-2003, 09:25 AM
Tank23: Hey man, thats awesome that we're about the same! Well maybe not to you but I like seeing people around my size here so we can all gauge our progress. :) Feel free to join the WBBSA if you're up for it. Its some new cult that clvmike19 started. He makes us do strange things with cake though. :angel:

Wikked1: Thanks for the compliments and for stoppin by! :hello:

what I do when 1 weight is too much and another not enough....is split the set between the two weights

Good idea, I should incorporate that into my Lateral Raises and my Lying Leg Curls. Although I managed to get my hamstrings sore for the first time after the heavier SLDL's, a little extra push wouldn't hurt them though, thanks! :)

clvmike19: LOL glad ya liked it! Now go eat some damn food bulk monkey! :D

clvmike19
05-29-2003, 12:33 PM
Noticed your great quote is now under my name! I may add the whole thing to the sig line.

Now back to my cult.......

wibble
05-29-2003, 03:43 PM
:D

I've learned your secret. I know how you manage to get 4000cals a day, you've been eating CAKE! ;) Mmmm...cake... :drooling:

wibble
05-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Sleep
Sleep was pretty decent last night, I actually managed to fall asleep pretty quickly. I woke up to my alarm clock this morning though dammit so I was pretty drowsy.

Diet
Diet was pretty good. By good I mean I ate a lot. :D

Workout
I was pretty happy with todays workout. One of the only times I felt I did a pretty good job. Other times, even when I do move up in weight, I still don't feel happy about it. I'm just like cool, moved up. Maybe I'm just feelin happy today. :p

One of my friends brought me down a few notches when I first started my workout though. My buddy Derek looked at my Military Press weight and he said "Thats pretty crazy that you do that weight." I thought cool, and just smiled. Then my other friend Johnny was like "But its his first exercise though. He wouldn't be able to do it if he did other stuff first." I was like "What are you trying to say Johnny?" in a joking manner. He said "Just that you wouldn't be able to do that much." I just looked at him and said "You don't know me!". :D I was kinda mad that he would say that to my face but whatever. He means well. I just don't like how he tries to take away confidence from other people sometimes. Anywho...

I moved up in my Military Press again today. I was pretty happy with this one as I always found it a difficult exercise. I'm only 10lbs off of doing plates. I can't wait. :)

Military Press: 125lbsx2x6 [+5lbs]

These were pretty easy this week. Might try to move up next time.

DB Press: 45lbsx2x8 [+4 reps]

Well, I decided to try to move up in Lateral Raises. I was going to take Wikked1's advice and do a dropset if need be, but I didn't have to. :)

Lateral Raises: 25lbsx2x10 [+2.5lbs]

My plan for my CGBP today was to try to get 8 reps instead of 6 with last weeks weight. I forgot though and didn't remember till I finished my first set. Then one of my buds convinced me to move the weight up. I was pretty skeptical because if I did, it would be what I'm doing for Bench Press. He told me not to worry if I dropped a rep or whatever, so I said ok I'll go for it. Worked out pretty well. :) Wonder if I could get 2 sets out...I won't list an increase here until I know for sure.

Closegrip Bench: 150lbsx1x6, 155lbsx1x6

My Skullcrushers weren't as hard as last week, despite using the heavier weight on CGBP. Managed them without much problem. :)

That was the end of it. Tomorrow is back day...I really want to try to Deadlift 315lbsx1...just to see if I can lift 6 plates. I think that would kick ass. I've never tried to lift anymore than 250lbs though, but I do 245lbs for reps. 315lbs would be more than 2x bodyweight for me. Maybe I can manage 1. Guess we'll see. :)

Alke
05-29-2003, 04:17 PM
hey wibble great workout bro'!

good luck with that dead tomorrow!! Make sure you dont do too much before you max out, but also make sure yor warmed up enough at the same time. I usually hit the hperextions for 10 reps as part of my warmup just to get some blood in the lower back. you gonna be doing those sumo or conventional?

Alke
05-29-2003, 04:21 PM
oh yeah, I weigh 190, is that low enough to join the WBBSA crew :D :D

wibble
05-29-2003, 04:23 PM
Thanks Kenn! :D

I think I'll warm up with a few Deads since I've never done Hyperextentions. A few reps at 225lbs or something maybe. I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be able to do it now. I was just reading your journal and you said you weren't sure if you could hit 325, maybe 315 and that got me thinkin...You're way bigger than me. :) Maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew. :eek:

I'm gonna be trying it conventional...

wibble
05-29-2003, 04:25 PM
oh yeah, I weigh 190, is that low enough to join the WBBSA crew

Haha you got my vote! Not because of your weight but because you're a good guy. :thumbup:

Alke
05-29-2003, 04:27 PM
nah!!!! just rememebr what rowdy piper always says: Im here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm ALL out of bubble gum hehehehehe

I would shoot for 300x1 then when you hit that nail the 315x1

Alke
05-29-2003, 04:59 PM
I just saw in another journal you should be like 150# so I think I am a bit over the limit on weight LOL I just thought the I'm so secksay sig was awesome!!!

clvmike19
05-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Wib, nice job on the CGBP and Military. I wish I could get 150lbs up on that. Maybe next week....

Now go eat more!!!! Bulk Monkey :D

wibble
05-30-2003, 03:38 PM
clvmike19: Thanks bud! I bet you'll get it, you're killin me in Bench weight!

Sleep
Sleep was decent. Damn alarm clock tore me out of my sweet sweet dreams though. :mad:

Diet
Diet was pretty decent, but I ran out of N-Large2 today. Guess I'll have to buy another tub. It is a little expensive but I don't mind. It tastes good and makes a decent postworkout shake. :thumbup:

Workout
Well, today was my Back/Abs day. As I said yesterday, I was planning on maxing out on my Deadlift and hoping to hit 315lbs. I ended up not going for it after, but its all good, I'm happy with myself. I DID however pull 305lbs which is still more than twice my bodyweight. :D I probably could have gotten the 315 for the sake of trading in the 35's for the 45's (I was using the clips also which were 5lbs each so thats where I'm making up the other 10lbs). After 305 though I said ok thats good enough. Next time I max out I'll definitely hit at least 315.

Weighted Chinups: 25lbsx2x6 [+2.5lbs]

Deadlifts: 135lbsx1x4, 235lbsx1x4, 265lbsx1x3, 305lbsx1x1

Bentover Rows: 135lbsx2x8 [+20lbs]

97lbs sure is a weird weight for a DB. :p

Shrugs: 97lbsx1x10 [+15lbs]

I had to do my Weighted Crunches first today since someone was using the Pulldown machine. I did the first set on the second decline setting and the second set on the third.

Weighted Crunches: 45lbsx1x25, 45lbsx1x11

My Abs were sore by this time and these were getting tough so I figured this was enough for today.

Pulley Crunches: 90lbsx2x10

Thats it for another day. My bud Derek kept commenting on how I was always making leaps in weights today so that made me happy. :thumbup:

clvmike19
05-30-2003, 04:01 PM
Nice workout!

ooooo surf girls is on! gotta go :D j/k

wibble
05-30-2003, 07:51 PM
Thanks mike! Surf Girls?! Where?! :hump:

Sigh. Its 10:45 I'm at home while my friends are out drinkin. I hate having to work on Saturdays. Its all good though, don't wanna be messin with my protien synthesis. I need all the synthesising I can get. :D

clvmike19
05-30-2003, 08:22 PM
MTV!

I went to a wedding tonight. I have some good news in the hot chick report. I wont spam your journal w/ it.

Getsta synthesizin'

Tank23
05-30-2003, 10:52 PM
Wibble! Nice deadlifting man! You're kicking ass on those. I can't believe you weigh a little less than me yet you can deadlift like 30kg or so more than me. Once again, good work !!:thumbup:

-Tank

mixta
05-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Wibble, deadlifts are looking huge! Nice workout :thumbup:

wibble
05-31-2003, 09:29 AM
clvmike19: I'll be expecting a hotchick report of the wedding in your journal. Chop chop then! :D

Tank23: Thanks a lot Tank! :D I'm hoping the strength is going to stick with me and go up even more as I gain weight. Can't see myself Deadlifting 400lbs if I stay stuck at 150lbs. ;)

mixta: Thanks man! :)

aka23
05-31-2003, 01:25 PM
My bud Derek kept commenting on how I was always making leaps in weights today so that made me happy. :thumbup:

I agree with Derek. Those were very high leaps on the rows and shrugs. The weights on both exercises increased by more than 15% in a single week. Nice work.

clvmike19
05-31-2003, 04:41 PM
Nice deads wibble. Doin great w/ the weights. Gaining any weight lately?

rookiebldr
05-31-2003, 11:13 PM
Great back day, Wibble. I've switched from N-Large2 to Cytogainer about 6 months ago. I find it's cheaper, tastes better and is fairly equivalent as a meal replacement. Just a thought.

wibble
06-01-2003, 11:45 AM
Thanks guys! :)

rookiebldr: I was thinking about Cytogainer actually, I think it would be a better chioce if I were taking it throughout the day. I only take my N-Large2 postworkout though so I think it might be better for that since it has a lot of simple carbs. I might give Cytogainer a try sometime in the future though, thanks for your advice and for droppin in! :D

Alke
06-02-2003, 12:19 PM
nice deads wibble!!!! I think you could have gotten 315 as well.

For myself I am glad my 1RM's are over, I was pretty stiff the following days after that. I am glad to be back into a regular routine of reps tonight.

How do you like the weighted crunches? I have been getting better results pre-exhausting my abs doing hanging leg raises before doing them. Also, did you use a plate for them? I found supporting two 25lb plates keeps the weight high enough on my chest to hit the abs better than using a large 45lb plate......

wibble
06-02-2003, 12:40 PM
Thanks Kenn! :) Yeah the 1RM can be pretty taxing and I don't find I get as good a workout attempting them. I love weighted crunches and also pre-exhaust my abs doing crunches on the pulldown machine first. I don't use plates as I find they're a bit too bulky for my liking. I hold a DB to my chest instead.

Wikked1
06-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Great workout! Keep it up.....very nice deads!!!
Judging from the deads I would say you can open a can of whoop ass on shrugs next time around.....also very nice work on the added weight pull ups.....getting to love them myself!

wibble
06-02-2003, 01:08 PM
Thanks Wikked1! Maybe I should try some BB shrugs or shrugs on the machine...I just don't find them hard with DB's.

wibble
06-02-2003, 03:16 PM
Sleep
I'm not lacking in this department today. I went to bed around 2:30 last night and even though I wanted to get up around 10 this morning I didn't manage to move until 1:30. This pretty much killed all hopes of getting my calories for today unless I go nuts on some McDonalds. :p

Diet
I only ate breakfast so far today. I have to get a plan/schedule set up. The eating whatever thing worked for the first 10lbs but now things are getting harder. I'll have to work on this tonight or tomorrow.

Workout
Despite the lack of calories, I had a pretty good day, especially with my Chest workout. I went up in everything. Biceps still seem to be a weak point for me but they weren't half as bad as last week. My arms felt tight after the Weighted Dips so I thought maybe thats why I sucked so much on my Curls last week. But this week I did more weight on the Dips and managed more reps on my Curls. Oh well, maybe it was a bad day.

I finally got to 160lbs for reps on my Bench. I was happy to hit this number as it was a short term goal of mine. I don't know why exactly, I guess it was just a number I picked out of the blue once I finally got to benching the plates. :)

Bench Press: 135lbsx1x6, 160lbsx2x6 [+5lbs]

I showed the 56lbers who the boss was today after having them show me up last week. ;)

Incline DB Press: 56lbsx1x8, 56lbsx1x7 [+6lbs]

I also embarrassed the hell out of one of bastards when I strapped it on my belt for Dips also. :D

Weighted Dips: 56lbsx1x8, 56lbsx1x6 [+6lbs]

Curls were better than last week...

DB Curls: 40lbsx1x8, 40lbsx1x6

I just remembered a few minutes ago I was supposed to do Abs today as well. Guess I'll save them for tomorrows workout if I feel up to it. If not then no big deal, I have another Abs workout Friday.

mantis
06-02-2003, 07:36 PM
wibble,

Nice workout!!! Congrat on benching 160!

wibble
06-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Thanks a lot mantis! :D

GhettoSmurf
06-02-2003, 07:58 PM
great workout wib. congrats on the new PR's as well :)

pruneman
06-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Congrats on the PR wibble!:thumbup:

clvmike19
06-02-2003, 08:59 PM
Great job w. the weights buddy! :thumbup: on the bench press. Glad you showed those DB Bastards who's boss. Keep up the good work. Making some good gains. I think I need to add weighted dips to my tri day.

wibble
06-02-2003, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the compliments GS, pruneman and mike! :)

pruneman: Thanks for stopping in! :hello:

clvmike19: Weighted Dips are awesome for sure. I've tried them once on my Tricep day but oh man...after the CGBP and Skulls I had about 1 set of 6 in me and they were hard as hell. I figure those 2 are plenty for my tris. Let me know how it goes for ya if you use them though! :thumbup:

Alke
06-02-2003, 09:08 PM
hey wibble nice bench!!! glad to see you hit some new poundages on those. I am confused about how you write your stuff in thoguh....do you mean you hit 2 sets of 6 reps (160x2x6)?

I know what you mean about strapping on weight for dips. If your like me, no one else in the gym does them and everyone has to stop and look :D :D (course my friend is working out with me now and he is getting a taste of weighted pull-ups :)

keep it up bro'! and watch those calories!!!! (I constantly pack bagels, almonds, can of tuna, boiled eggs, broccoli in my backpack that I carry around for those times when food is hard to get.............

clvmike19
06-02-2003, 09:19 PM
mmmmmmm calories :drooling:

wibble
06-02-2003, 09:21 PM
Hey Kenn, thanks! :) Yup you got it, I always list weight, sets, then reps. I've decided I'm going to change the format of my journal soon anyways. It could be a lot neater than it is I think. I'll make it easier to read.

Gotta love the weighted exercises! I'm a big fan of the Weighted Dips though because I can strap on twice as much weight as I can for Weighted Pullups. Hopefully they'll catch up someday. :D

As for the diet I need to get a little more hardcore in this area. I need to be eating more...I eat a fair amount as it is, not quite sure exactly as I don't count the cals for most things but I'm sure its 3000+. Gonna have to up this number a little though and start tracking everything if I want to hit 160lbs by September. I'm thinking of changing up my routine next week for a bit also since I've been doing the same exercises since I started. I figure it'll be something new for my body and when I switch back I might have made some more gains. We'll see. :)

clvmike19
06-02-2003, 09:43 PM
You better be 160 by Sept. Thats the goal.

Hey I can post my workout routine if youd like to give it a look. It might suck but works good for me. I made great gains w/ it.

mantis
06-02-2003, 11:07 PM
wibble,

Nice numbers on the weighted dips.

I can do more weighted chins than weight dips. I hope I can get close to your nubmers on the weighted dip soon.

By the way, do you use a dip belt or do you hold the weights between your legs?

aka23
06-02-2003, 11:10 PM
I eat a fair amount as it is, not quite sure exactly as I don't count the cals for most things but I'm sure its 3000+. Gonna have to up this number a little though and start tracking everything if I want to hit 160lbs by September.

Nice gains in the recent workout. Fitday.com is an excellent resource for tracking calories. I use the site to track my diet, as do many other forum members.

Wikked1
06-03-2003, 06:36 AM
Good Workout Wibble.......weighted dips seems to be going around.......I think all the member's journals I look at everyone is doing weighted dips.......nice work on those by the way......they are not that easy! www.fitday.com
go there......it's a HUGE help!

wibble
06-03-2003, 10:31 AM
Thanks guys! Yeah I have an account at fitday.com and its a great site, but I don't like tracking my cals unless I know exactly what I'm eating. For example on break at work, I'll usually have a chocolate milk (~300cals) and a sub sandwich. I have no idea how many cals. I just estimate about 200. I know its more but I'd rather undershoot than overshoot. I don't want to use fitday to find out how many cals there are because I don't know how much cheese, pepperoni, and ham are used on the sub. I'll definitely start using fitday when I get a diet in order with serving sizes and such though so I know exactly what I'm eating.

clvmike19:

Hey I can post my workout routine if youd like to give it a look. It might suck but works good for me. I made great gains w/ it.

I like what I'm doing right now because its what I'm used to doing. Been doing the same exercises since I started. I'm doing pretty good with the gains weight wise, but as for my bodyweight I've stopped gaining. Thanks for the offer though, I might take you up on that sometime. :)

mantis:

By the way, do you use a dip belt or do you hold the weights between your legs?

I go with the dip belt since I don't have to worry about dropping the DB's. :D

wibble
06-03-2003, 04:45 PM
Sleep
Sleep was decent aside from a few night terrors I had. :) Slept from about 1-8.

Diet
Still haven't gotten off my ass and did up a good diet yet...have to do it soon, been putting it off too long. Anyway, diet for today isn't too bad so far.

Workout
Had a pretty decent workout. I pulled something during Hack Squats last week though and it bothered me again today. Its kind of in the lat area but on the side as well. Shouldn't bother me anymore this week now though. The good news is that my foot is feeling better. Still sore when I push on it but it didn't stop me from doing any exercises this week.

All the 45lb plates were takin so I had to use the kg plates today. I estimated that 2x20kg + 2x15kg + 2x5kg would be roughly 220lbs including the bar. I was pretty close, came out to be 221lbs.

Squats: 135lbsx1x8, 221lbsx2x8 [+6lbs]

Guess I had more energy today, I managed more weight at higher reps than last week on my Hack Squats.

Hack Squats: 210lbsx2x8 [+5lbs]

Lying Leg Curls: 110lbsx2x8 [+2 reps]

I think I'll make a bit of a jump in my SLDLs next week, I think I could handle more weight.

Stiff Legged Deadlift: 160lbsx2x8 [+5lbs]

Standing Calve Raises: 135kgx4x10 [+7.5kg]

I was going to do Abs today to make up for yesterday, but I felt pretty tired after all of this. I can wait until Friday to do them. :thumbup:

clvmike19
06-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Good leg workouts! Noticing any size difference in your legs yet?
I couldnt do squats and SLDL in the same day.

Wibble=humanimal!

wibble
06-03-2003, 08:23 PM
I think so. I never really used to check myself out until I started weightlifting. I have Quads now, don't know if I did before. :p

I am teh humanimal! :D

clvmike19
06-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Wibble is teh HUMANIMAL! :D

Has a nice ring to it.

cphafner
06-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Good squattin wibble! I would move SLDL's before the leg curls, keep the compound movements first, then hit the concentration stuff. just my opinion.

wibble
06-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the compliment and advice cphafner! :) I can see where you're coming from there and I usually do all my bigger movements first but in this case I find the Leg Curls only work my Hammies a little bit so it serves as a nice warmup for the SLDLs. Thanks for droppin in though, always good to see new people in here! :hello:

Wikked1
06-04-2003, 07:09 AM
LEG DAY YEAH! Nice workout wibble! Good squats man....keep it up.....metric conversion.....hey maybe you should plate up with the metrics more often and the figure the weight out afterwards.

wibble
06-04-2003, 09:48 AM
Thanks! I don't know about that metric system Wikked1! :D I might surprise myself sometimes when I'm not exactly sure on the weight, but I'll probably end up getting mixed up and filling in the wrong weight. Almost did this yesterday, I was thinking the 5kg plates were 10kg and that would have put my weight up to 243lbs. Little bit off but I caught myself. :)

Franjipani
06-04-2003, 09:56 AM
I don't know about that metric system Wikked1!

A wise man once said "the metric system is a fad" ;) :p

Ohh and I keep on clicking on this journal thinking its mine...dammit !!! :swear:

Not to worry, I'm working on another one to reflect my new contest progress:D

galileo
06-04-2003, 09:59 AM
I'm that wise man! ME! ME!!!!!!!!!

clvmike19
06-04-2003, 10:00 AM
Id say more of an evil communist plot than a fad.

But Im just a dumb american :D

Tank23
06-04-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Franjipani

Ohh and I keep on clicking on this journal thinking its mine...dammit !!! :swear:

hahahahha! When wibble first made this journal I knew it had a familiar ring to it ;)

wibble
06-04-2003, 10:42 AM
Franji:

A wise man once said "the metric system is a fad"

Well I'm a wise ass and I say the metric system is a pile of stinky brown poo!

Ohh and I keep on clicking on this journal thinking its mine...dammit !!!

MUHAHAHA excellent....my plan has been working then. My journal having almost the same name as yours isn't a coincedence at all! It was part of my master plan to get more views!

I'M THE KING OF JOURNAL LAND! :evillaugh

Not to worry, I'm working on another one to reflect my new contest progress

I read about that in your journal, thats awesome! I hope everything goes well for ya with that Franji! :D

It just so happens that I also will be making another journal. One that may have the same name as your new journal.......Oh the evilness that is wibble!

galileo:

I'm that wise man! ME! ME!!!!!!!!!

I hereby declare thee that Wise Man! :thumbup:

clvmike19:

Id say more of an evil communist plot than a fad.
But Im just a dumb american

Or are you a smart non-communist? ;)

Tank:

hahahahha! When wibble first made this journal I knew it had a familiar ring to it

Uhh...I know you are but what am I?! :)

clvmike19
06-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Im just a simple gun totin', beer drinkin, pick-up drivin, republican votin', man from Youngstown, OH. Oh maybe the whole gun thing isnt true and I really dont drink that much beer.

But Ytown is the valley that time forgot. God save me.

aka23
06-04-2003, 11:58 AM
Nice workout. You were able to make good gains on all exercises. I have never seen a gym with metric plates before. I have seen some that had both lb and kg labels, but none that were in 10kg increments. I wonder if the metric plates are related to you being in Canada. I think it would be a pain to have to convert back and forth from metric when figuring out how much weight to put on. Some people would need to bring a calculator to the gym.

wibble
06-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Nice workout. You were able to make good gains on all exercises. I have never seen a gym with metric plates before. I have seen some that had both lb and kg labels, but none that were in 10lb kg increments.

Thanks aka! Yeah its pretty weird...we have 3 sets of plates in our gym. Blue ones that come in 2.5lb, 5lb, 10lb, 25lb, 35lb and 45lb. (I use these for most exercises) Red ones that are in the same poundages but bigger than the blue plates in circumference. (I use these for Deadlifts since they're a little higher off the floor) Then theres the black kg plates that are probably bigger again, or roughly the same size in 5kg, 10kg, 15kg, 20kg, 25kg and I think 30kg. (I've never used these until the other day but I did notice some people use them for Squats) Theres a couple 100lb plates laying around too, don't think they're part of any set though. Just a couple spares I guess.

I wonder if the metric plates are related to you being in Canada. I think it would be a pain to have to convert back an forth from metric when figuring out how much weight to put on. Some people would need to bring a calculator to the gym.

I'm not sure, I think we're all fans of the good old lbs over here. Never really hear of anything dealing in kgs. Maybe they were purchased from a different place. My Uncle pretty much owns the gym. Not the space I guess but most if not all of the equipment in it. Its definitely a pain having to convert the weights from kg->lbs. I'll never do this unless its absolutely necessary. :)

wibble
06-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Sleep
I had about 7 hours of sleep last night. Didn't stop me from feeling like a bag of what the f*ck when I woke up this morning though.

Diet
Oh god horrible. I hardly ate anything all day. I had breakfast and dinner so far today. I'm so damn hungry and I had hardly any energy for the gym. I was at the bank all afternoon looking into a loan for school. Can't wait to eat...cook faster sweet sweet turkey burgers...

Workout
I was surprised with my workout today. I thought I was going to be completely useless. When I picked up the bar I even said "Oh god, the bar is even heavy today". I wasn't expecting much, and I wasn't even going to bother to try and improve. But I did. I'm glad I did. :) Triceps workout sucked unfortunately but oh well.

Moved up on my Military Press again. I can almost taste those 45lb plates I'm so close...I was going to attempt the 45's today and hope for a 10lb jump but decided against it with the lack of energy I had.

Military Press: 130lbsx2x6 [+5lbs]

Woah cool. Just realized I did the 45's last week on my DB Press. I thought I did the 50's and I knew it was time to move up so I grabbed the 56's. Glad I did get mixed up. :)

DB Press: 56lbsx2x6 [+11lbs]

Lateral Raises: 25lbsx2x10

I managed a set of CGBP with 155lbs last week, but I'm a little weaker here this week. I blame it on the lack of cals. I was a little upset about this but the progress with my shoulders helped me get over it.

Closegrip Bench Press: 155lbsx1x5 + 1 assisted, 155lbsx1x4 + 1 assisted.

Couldn't do Skullcrushers today, someone was using the EZ bar. :mad:

I tried a set of Reverse Pull Downs but didn't like them. Decided to go with regular pulldowns.

Tricep Pulldowns: 25kgx4x8

Thats it for another episode of workin out with wibble. :p Hopefully next week I'll feel up to hittin those 45's on Military. :evillaugh

clvmike19
06-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Nice workout Wibble!

Bastard. You still have me on the CGBP!

Some day Ill catch up. Some day.......

cphafner
06-06-2003, 08:16 AM
Nice pressin wibble!

Alke
06-06-2003, 08:24 AM
LOL at "working out with wibble"

military presses getting up there bro', those plates should be cake for you next time around, 2 sets of 6 at 130 is AWESOME! CGBP looks good too, lack of cals? EAT MAN!!!

(actually I cant wait to cut just cause it will be easier on my wallet, I been spending waay too much money on food. Although I have noticed that I drink a cup of coffee everyday that I spend 1.00 on which is about 25.00 a month I could have available for food. Wonder what other little things I spend on I probably dont need to?)

aka23
06-06-2003, 09:18 AM
You are really progressing well in the workouts, especially on the shoulder/military presses. Nice work.

wibble
06-06-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by clvmike19
Nice workout Wibble!

Bastard. You still have me on the CGBP!

Some day Ill catch up. Some day.......

You're not too far behind though man. Its like a matter of 10lbs or something. You'll get me sooner or later. :)

Originally posted by cphafner
Nice pressin wibble!

Thanks cphafner! :)

Originally posted by Kenn
LOL at "working out with wibble"

military presses getting up there bro', those plates should be cake for you next time around, 2 sets of 6 at 130 is AWESOME! CGBP looks good too, lack of cals? EAT MAN!!!

(actually I cant wait to cut just cause it will be easier on my wallet, I been spending waay too much money on food. Although I have noticed that I drink a cup of coffee everyday that I spend 1.00 on which is about 25.00 a month I could have available for food. Wonder what other little things I spend on I probably dont need to?)

I'll probably make that my next journal title. Either that or How To Make A Monster. :D Thanks a lot for the compliments Kenn! I'll be workin on those cals today. I felt so drained yesterday. I know what you mean about the money thing...I get on average about 11-12 breaks at work during a normal week. On each of those breaks I spend at least $5. That adds up over the week man. I should start packing a lunch. So lazy though. Well, I'm on lunch break so I guess I better go break something. Wait. I mean lunch on something. :)

Originally posted by aka23
You are really progressing well in the workouts, especially on the shoulder/military presses. Nice work.

Thanks a lot aka! I hope to hit the plates on Military Press next workout or the workout after. If I have a lot of energy next time I might give them a shot.

wibble
06-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Sleep
Sleep was pretty good last night, I got about 7 or 8 hours. Wanted to sleep in so bad this morning though.

Diet
Much better than yesterday is all I have to say. :p

Workout
My workout was alright, but lacked motivation. I hate doing Weighted Chinups but force myself to anyway...then I didn't feel like doing Deadlifts for reps...oh well. Got a new PR on them. :D

Weighted Chinups: 25lbsx1x8, 25lbsx1x7 [+3 reps]

I wasn't planning on maxing out here today, but I just didn't want to do reps on these. I started out light doing reps, then moved up for a few more reps and just didn't have the motivation. So I decided I didn't want to waste the whole exercise and went for my goal of 315lbs. BOOYAH. The worst thing about it though, when I put the weight back down I was like "I wonder if I could get 320..." anyways, I don't plan on trying for awhile. Must build up more strength/muscle through reps first. :)

Deadlifts: 135lbsx1x8, 225lbsx1x4, 295lbsx1x1, 305lbsx1x1, 315lbsx1x1

Bentover Rows: 140lbsx2x8 [+5lbs]

I think I'm going to move to Barbell Shrugs. DB Shrugs are just getting too awkward. I don't like bending over to pick up like 200lbs off the damn DB rack. Besides, I think they'd give me a better workout.

Shrugs: 97lbsx1x10

I renamed my Pulley Crunches to Pulldown Crunches. I think its a better name. Think I should try 100lbs on these next time. 90lbs didn't seem to cut it.

Pulldown Crunches: 90lbsx4x10

To get a better workout on my Abs I decided to move up in weight for my Weighted Crunches since the previous exercise wasn't enough.

Weighted Crunches: 50lbsx1x15, 50lbsx1x10 [+5lbs]

That was it for todays workout. Not a very long day all in all. Looks like I have to dish out some money though, I ran out of N-Large2 about a week ago so I need more of that, and my Whey supply is almost out also. On top of that, my 3 month membership at the gym expired today. Dammit. Everything happens at once.

I'm thinking of taking next week off...I'm not sure yet though. Have to see what happens. I know I won't want to, but I don't think I took a week off since I started. I'm going to give the journal a new look next time I update it I think. Or maybe I'll just start a new one, I don't know. Its going to be less flashy though and easier to read.

Scott S
06-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Wow... good job on the 315 dead! :thumbup:

Also, I've recently moved to barbell shrugs. I'm too weak to deal with 100 lb dumbells gracefully either. I like them a lot better already!

wibble
06-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Thanks a lot Scott! :)

100lbs just doesn't seem like enough weight for my Shrugs...but damn, when you have to bend over to pick them up it sure feels aweful heavy. :p I have no problems with them once I have them, but the picking them up out of the rack worries me. Don't want to pull anything lifting them. My back is weak enough after all the exercises. ;)

clvmike19
06-07-2003, 08:16 AM
315 Dead! WOOHOO! Nice PR. Great job on the rest of the exercises.

Tank23
06-07-2003, 08:36 AM
Nice DL'ing once again man! BB rows are looking pretty good too.

wibble
06-07-2003, 08:53 AM
Thanks mike and tank! :)

Alke
06-07-2003, 12:10 PM
AWESOME! session wibble, I knew you would hit 315!!!

aka23
06-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Nice job on the deadlifts and other gains.

I think that most people prefer barbell shrugs. However, I feel like I get a better workout from DB shrugs and have better ROM. I load up the weights on a chair that is close to the desired height, so I do not have problems with bending over to pick up the heavy dumbbells. However, your options would be more limited at the gym. If the dumbbell rack is too low, then you would probably have to bend over between sets.

I'm going to give the journal a new look next time I update it I think. Or maybe I'll just start a new one, I don't know. Its going to be less flashy though and easier to read.

I look forward to seeing your journal changes. I think your journal is clear and reads very well. The one thing I find awkward is that your comments about the lift are written before the values of the lift. Most people write comments after the values.

GhettoSmurf
06-07-2003, 02:14 PM
great job wibble!

i thin kyour journal format is great :) but if you MUST make a new one.... then good luck with it! :D

wibble
06-07-2003, 03:38 PM
Thanks a lot Kenn, aka and GS! :D

I think that most people prefer barbell shrugs. However, I feel like I get a better workout from DB shrugs and have better ROM. I load up the weights on a chair that is close to the desired height, so I do not have problems with bending over to pick up the heavy dumbbells. However, your options would be more limited at the gym. If the dumbbell rack is too low, then you would probably have to bend over between sets.

Yeah, the DB rack is only about a foot off the ground so I have to bend way over to get the weights. I could drag a stool or chair over but if I'm going to bother doing that I might as well just go with BB Shrugs.

I look forward to seeing your journal changes. I think your journal is clear and reads very well. The one thing I find awkward is that your comments about the lift are written before the values of the lift. Most people write comments after the values.

Thanks. :) I agree though, I found writing comments before the exercise awkward as well. I didn't want to change it after I had made the first entry though. This is one of the things I plan on clearing up later.

wibble
06-09-2003, 03:28 PM
Well since you guys seem to think my journal is well written, I guess I won't change it too much. I'll leave the basic outline the same but start adding my comments about an exercise after I've listed it. This will make things more straight forward. I might make a few other little changes as well but nothing too drastic.

Thanks for your comments. :)

wibble
06-09-2003, 04:03 PM
Sleep
I had a nice long sleep last night. I had the day off because I worked my usual 4-12 shift last night. I went to bed around 3 and didn't get up until about 2 today.

Diet
Didn't eat very much so far since I didn't get up until late. I probably only ate about 900cals so far today. No wonder I don't gain any weight, I do alright Tues-Fri but then Saturday I go drinking usually, Sunday I'm too hungover to eat and Monday I sleep in. This has to stop...I'm going to have to get really strict here or I'll be holding myself back I think. How could I still be making progress in the gym but not be gaining weight though? Obviously I must be building new muscle to lift heavier weights right? I'm no expert or anything but maybe I'm only building small amounts...I don't know how much new muscle has to be built to sustain an extra 5lbs from one workout to the next...Any thoughts on this anyone?

Workout
My workout went pretty well I guess. I didn't eat a whole lot but ate my meal pretty close to my workout time (About 2 hours before) so I had some energy for it.

Bench Press:

135lbsx1x6
165lbsx1x6 w/ 1 rep assisted.
165lbsx1x6 w/ 1 rep assisted.

I attempted to move up in my Chest workout even though I only hit 160lbs for reps last week. I really wanted to push myself though and thought maybe that would help me gain on my bench faster. I think I'll stick with the new weight until I can manage 2 sets of 6 instead of going back to the old weight since I'm only off by 1 rep per set.

Incline DB Press:

60lbsx1x6
60lbsx1x5.5

I got stuck halfway up on my last rep. :( I was so close to moving up in these again even though I only got to the 56's last week. Maybe I'll be able to nail them next week.

Weighted Dips:

60lbsx2x6 [+4lbs]

I did manage to move up in Dips again though. I have a feeling my long streak of moving up every week in these will soon come to an end though. My poor 150lb body weighed 210lbs with that strapped on. :)

Bicep Curls:

45lbsx1x4
40lbsx1x8
40lbsx1x6

Once again no progress here. I think my Biceps are my weakest muscle. I've made hardly any gains in the 4 months I've been training except maybe a few reps here and there. I decided to try the 45's to see how many I could do, but I underestimated how big of a difference 5lbs is on such a small muscle group. I decided to try throwing in another exercise just for the hell of it.

Hammer Curls:

35lbsx1x8
35lbsx1x6

I threw in an extra set of Hammer Curls as well. Maybe if I start doing more volume I'll see some results...I normally only ever did 3 sets for Biceps.

Machine Preacher Curls:

20lbsx1x8

Threw in this new exercise just to finish burning out my Biceps. My Biceps got so tight I couldn't curl any more than 8.

Pulldown Crunches:

100lbsx4x10 [+10lbs]

Weighted Crunches:

50lbsx1x8

Not much in the way of official gains this workout because I tried to push myself so hard...guess I wasn't ready yet.

aka23
06-09-2003, 06:41 PM
How could I still be making progress in the gym but not be gaining weight though? Obviously I must be building new muscle to lift heavier weights right? I'm no expert or anything but maybe I'm only building small amounts...I don't know how much new muscle has to be built to sustain an extra 5lbs from one workout to the next...Any thoughts on this anyone?

There are many explanations. You could be gaining muscle while losing fat, your weight could be effected by water/glycogen levels, or you could be increasing strength without adding mass. You are likely to gain strength and muscle at a faster rate if you are also gaining weight. If you wish to increase weight, I would suggest increasing your daily calories in small increments.

wibble
06-09-2003, 07:54 PM

There are many explanations. You could be gaining muscle while losing fat, your weight could be effected by water/glycogen levels, or you could be increasing strength without adding mass. You are likely to gain strength and muscle at a faster rate if you are also gaining weight. If you wish to increase weight, I would suggest increasing your daily calories in small increments.

If I had to pick one, I'd say I was probably only gaining strength. I've had people comment on how much bigger I've gotten since working out, but I'm still the same weight. Well I did put on 10lbs, but I weighed this much last summer sometime also. I weigh myself after waking up and going to the bathroom and I usually hover at 150lbs. The other morning when I weighed in though I was 148 or 149. I would definitely like to add more mass. I'm going to have to take in a damn lot of cals though. I'm thinking I might have to start trying for the 4000cal mark like mike does. I've been taking in over 3000 a day and have had no gain...unless the days I mentioned before mess me up completely.

Alke
06-09-2003, 08:20 PM
hey wibble, gains look good actually. sometimes its a little jump, other times you'll find it is a big jump. A lot of it depends on what you stated earlier, calories for that day, sleep, and recovery. also the order of the exercises will affect the type of gains you get on an exercise. You did arms after already hitting bench and dips, they were tired......

It has helped me to pick what exercises I want to progress on for that day and do those exercises first. Then use the rest of my workout to work the muscle group. Bradley helped me to remember that I was targeting my back when I started doing arms before back on back/bi day. Arms are my favorite, and I was starting to do those first and wondered why my back was lagging. It wasnt lagging, I was just slipping into an old habit when I should have been hitting back first.

I think you could be gaining strength but not gaining weight cause your body is adapting to the exercise. Your body thinks it needs to get stronger to maintain your current calorie intake, so to get bigger I agree with you about increasing your calories. I have done aright with 3600 a day, but everyone is different. Also, exactly what are you eating for 3000+ a day?

wow, I didnt realize I wrote so much LOL

wibble
06-09-2003, 10:31 PM
hey wibble, gains look good actually. sometimes its a little jump, other times you'll find it is a big jump. A lot of it depends on what you stated earlier, calories for that day, sleep, and recovery. also the order of the exercises will affect the type of gains you get on an exercise. You did arms after already hitting bench and dips, they were tired......

Hey, thanks Kenn. I think my Biceps just suck in general though. I used to do Biceps with Shoulders and Triceps ala WBB#1 and didn't have a whole lot of gain then either. Guess they aren't my strong point.

I think you could be gaining strength but not gaining weight cause your body is adapting to the exercise. Your body thinks it needs to get stronger to maintain your current calorie intake, so to get bigger I agree with you about increasing your calories. I have done aright with 3600 a day, but everyone is different. Also, exactly what are you eating for 3000+ a day?

Yeah I was thinking of switching to Flat DB Press for awhile and doing BB Incline instead of DB. I was also thinking of taking a week off, I don't think I have had one in 4 months. I don't want to take time off though.

As for what I'm eating for 3000+ cals a day, its a bit different on different days. A typical example would be:

Meal 1:

1 serving Oatmeal
1 large banana
1 cup Orange Juice
1 tablespoon Flax Oil
1 cup 2% Milk
1 scoop Whey

Thats ~720 cals there. Next meal would be at work when I'm on break and might look like:

Meal 2:

1 500ml 2% Chocolate Milk
1 Sub Sandwich Or 1 Kielbasa Lunchable and 1 Banana

The Milk is about 300cals, not sure on the Sub. I only count it as about 250-300 because I'm pretty sure its at least that. So thats about another 600cals.

Meal 3:

?

Lunch always changes...could be Burgers, could be a couple Sandwiches or could be something like a frozen Lasagna. Depends so to play it safe lets call this meal 400cals although its probably more as I might have a protien shake here depending.

Meal 4:

Another break at work, so probably the same as Meal 2. Call it 600cals.

Meal 5:

4 scoops N-Large2

600cals

Meal 6:

?

Like Lunch this always changes...Could be Steak, Hotdogs and Potatoe, or Hot Chicken/Beef Sandwich w/ Potatoe and Peas, or it might be something like Chicken Burgers. Since I'm not sure on the cals here once again lets call it 400.

That might be all I eat for the rest of the night. Sometimes I'll have a protien shake before bed or have a little something before bed. That adds up to about 3200cals I guess. I think the cals might be a little low for the meals I wasn't sure about. I'd rather estimate it lower than it really is though than higher. In any case I've been trying to get the motivation to get a diet plan worked out. I used to follow one to a degree when I first started out but found it was easier to eat whatever I felt like having as long as it wasn't bad. That worked and I gained 10lbs. But now, its hard for me to get over 150lbs. Thats the most I've ever weighed in my life. I think I'll need to adhere to a plan to get anymore gains though. 4000cals is a lot though, maybe I'll just eat Meal 1 six times a day. :p

clvmike19
06-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Wibble to be a calorie whore you must act like a calorie whore. Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove.

Your stomach is the same way. See. Treat it like your gf. Pound the **** out of it and eventually itll take it like a good girl.

Ok that was sick Im going to bed.

GhettoSmurf
06-10-2003, 04:52 AM
Wibble to be a calorie whore you must act like a calorie whore. Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove.

this is one of the funniest ****ing things ive heard. 2nd only to the quote from Paul on Mik's.

mind if i quote you on this mike?? :)

Wikked1
06-10-2003, 06:52 AM
Wibble Nice workout dude....I hear ya on the biceps man....great work on the dips though! I read somewhere that in order to gain 1" in arm size the average adult male needs to gain 25-30 lbs.....true or not I don't know but Mike's got the idea.......EAT!!! :D

clvmike19
06-10-2003, 07:10 AM
GS, itd be a honor if you quote me on that rant :thumbup:

Y2A
06-10-2003, 07:55 AM
Treat it like your gf. Pound the **** out of it and eventually itll take it like a good girl.

I think this is a better quote :eek: :D

aka23
06-10-2003, 09:02 AM
I would definitely like to add more mass. I'm going to have to take in a damn lot of cals though. I'm thinking I might have to start trying for the 4000cal mark like mike does. I've been taking in over 3000 a day and have had no gain...unless the days I mentioned before mess me up completely.

I have had good success in increasing weight by tracking my calories at fitday.com , then making small increments until I was gaining at my desired rate. I have to eat about 3600 calories to gain 1lb per week. Good luck. By the way, I like the recent format changes.

wibble
06-10-2003, 10:17 AM
clvmike19:

Your stomach is the same way. See. Treat it like your gf. Pound the **** out of it and eventually itll take it like a good girl.

Now I'm all confused. I'm have this strange feeling right now...but I don't know if I'm hungry or horney. :eek: :D

Wikked1:

Wibble Nice workout dude....I hear ya on the biceps man....great work on the dips though! I read somewhere that in order to gain 1" in arm size the average adult male needs to gain 25-30 lbs.....true or not I don't know but Mike's got the idea.......EAT!!!

Thanks Wikked1! :) I don't know about having to gain 30lbs for an inch on your biceps though. I didn't measure before I started working out, but I'm pretty sure I put an inch on them and I only gained 10lbs.

aka23:

I have had good success in increasing weight by tracking my calories at fitday.com , then making small increments until I was gaining at my desired rate. I have to eat about 3600 calories to gain 1lb per week. Good luck. By the way, I like the recent format changes.

Thanks aka! :) I think I'm going to have to put something together and keep track of everything. If you're 171lbs and gain 1lb / week with 3600 cals I should definitely be able too...unless my metabolism is inhumanly fast.

GhettoSmurf
06-10-2003, 11:54 AM
GS, itd be a honor if you quote me on that rant :thumbup:
ty, it will be done ;)

clvmike19
06-10-2003, 01:07 PM
I will be immortalized in a quote. WOOHOO! The dream lives.

Keep up the good work Wibble. Now eat! Eat! EAT!!!!!!!

wibble
06-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Sleep
I slept pretty good last night. I guess I had about 7 hours. Some loud car came flying down the road at like 4 in the morning though and woke me up. I nearly had a damn heart attack as I was jerked from my slumber. Wonder how many other people felt like that.

Diet
Not too bad. What I mean by that is the usual so really its not good enough. *cough* I just ordered another 5lbs of Optimum Nutrition Whey and another 10lb tub of N-Large2. Woo! :)

Workout
I had a decent workout but I ended up straining the same muscle that I had hurt doing my Hack Squats a couple weeks ago. The only exercises that ever hurt it are Hack Squats and Standing Calve Raises. Its strange because its kind of my lat and it doesn't bother me even on Back Day. I think I'll take next week off to heal up completely. :(

Squats:

135lbsx1x8
225lbsx2x8 [+4lbs]

Leg Press:

270lbsx2x8

I haven't done these in ages. I found them really easy to push towards the top part, but it was a lot harder to move it when I brought it down so my legs were parallel. I prefer Hack Squats over these. It was just as well that I went ahead and did Hack Squats though, I still managed to reinjure myself. :mad:

Lying Leg Curls:

125lbsx2x6 [+15lbs]

These were pretty tough. I don't think I ever will be a big fan of these.

Stiff Legged Deadlifts:

185lbsx2x8 [+25lbs]

These felt really good. I think I could still go heavier though. Might make another leap in these next week. Err...the week after. :(

Standing Calve Raises:

135kgx4x10

Damn bastards screwing me over.

Oh well. I'll finish out the week because the rest of my exercises won't interfere with my injury. Next week is my first off week I guess. Damnit! :swear:

pruneman
06-10-2003, 08:42 PM

Diet
Not too bad. What I mean by that is the usual so really its not good enough. *cough* I just ordered another 5lbs of Optimum Nutrition Whey and another 10lb tub of N-Large2. Woo! :)

mmmm....chips:D

clvmike19
06-10-2003, 10:40 PM
NICE SLDLs. I got me beat by 10lbs. I must change that! Nice leg day though. Great squats too! I can only get 225x6. Keep it up. Whats the weight at these days?

Jeebus
06-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Ahhh. You and your hilarious lung injuries. When are you gonna give yourself a break and just let the bloody thing heal up? You tend to mention it a lot when we are over at the gym, mayhap you should give it a few days to heal properly.

And you already had to order more jazz? I'd like to maybe try the weight gainer, and figure out a good diet for myself (try to eat as much as possible). We've gotta stop our excessive drinking sir. It's our only safety line to sanity though. Quite a predicament.

Thanks for the list of good food also. :study: Have to get some of that this week when the shopping goes on. Anywho sir, the journal is very interesting. Looks like it takes quite the amount of time to create, and it shows very much in it. Nice improvements in weight also. Never really noticed how much you went up in everything. Now if I can just coax my body into allowing the same results, we (my mind and body) will be alright.

Anyway sir, keep up the great work, and keep writing it down. I'm sure i'll be talkin to you tomorrow or the next day.

Jeebus:alcoholic

Wikked1
06-11-2003, 06:41 AM
wibble nice workout dude.....don't take a week off if you don't want to.....avoid the exercises that make it flare up.....you can manage that!!!
Try avoiding them for a coupel weeks and then go real easy when you get back in!

wibble
06-11-2003, 02:00 PM
clvmike19:

NICE SLDLs. I got me beat by 10lbs. I must change that! Nice leg day though. Great squats too! I can only get 225x6. Keep it up. Whats the weight at these days?

Thanks Mike! :) I'm still at 150. I'm making an effort to change that now though. I'm almost at 3000cals and its only 5pm. I might be able to hit 4000 before I get to bed.

Jeebus:

I'd like to maybe try the weight gainer, and figure out a good diet for myself (try to eat as much as possible). We've gotta stop our excessive drinking sir. It's our only safety line to sanity though. Quite a predicament.

Weight gainer makes a good postworkout shake and helps a lot with gettin in enough calories for the day, give it a shot! We've definitely gotta calm down on the :alcoholic. No drinkin for me this weekend. Must focus on gaining weight. That'll be my new safety line to sanity. Well at least for this week. :p

Anywho sir, the journal is very interesting. Looks like it takes quite the amount of time to create, and it shows very much in it. Nice improvements in weight also. Never really noticed how much you went up in everything. Now if I can just coax my body into allowing the same results, we (my mind and body) will be alright.

Thank you sir! :) Once you start packing in those cals as opposed to eating only a couple times a day you should see some fast gains. We'll be huge mountains of man flesh one day! :thumbup:

Wikked1:

wibble nice workout dude.....don't take a week off if you don't want to.....avoid the exercises that make it flare up.....you can manage that!!!
Try avoiding them for a coupel weeks and then go real easy when you get back in!

Thanks man! I think I'll take that advice and keep at it. I just won't do Hack Squats or Standing Calve Raises for a bit. I'll keep Hack Squats replaced with Leg Presses and Standing Calve Raises replaced with the seated kind for awhile. Thanks. ;)

clvmike19
06-11-2003, 02:35 PM
150! Nice job. Ill be waiting for you at 155 ;)

wibble
06-11-2003, 02:46 PM
LOL It would be if I wasn't 150 for the past 2 months. Dammit. I must get to 155...

clvmike19
06-11-2003, 02:53 PM
oooooooooh. Yeah thats different.

More eat yes now.

aka23
06-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Nice gains on the leg curls and deadlifts. I agree with Wikked1 about dropping only the aggravating exercises, rather than taking the full week off. You might also want to see a doctor, as this type of pain may be indicative of a more serious problem.

wibble
06-11-2003, 05:32 PM
It should be ok after a couple of weeks. I've noticed the pain before while doing Standing Calve Raises but the muscle wasn't strained (or torn?) as badly as it is now so it was a lot worse yesterday. Its strange though...nothing else affects it. Last week when I maxed on Deadlifts and pulled 315, I had that injury at the time. It seems it only hurts when I pull...for example at work sometimes I have to use a pallet jack and pull freight off a truck. When I'm in the shape I am now, I can't pull it or it hurts. I can push fine though. You'd think I wouldn't be able to Deadlift since its a pull motion. Maybe its different though...Deadlifting is pulling up and down and pulling the pallet jack is pulling something infront of me.

With Hack Squats my arms are hanging and I guess the weight pulls down on my body and aggravates my injury. The same thing happens with the Standing Calve Raises. The handles are almost at knee height and I have to bend down and grab them, then lift the stack with my legs and arms. Supporting the weight with my arms while I do the exercise then puts strain on my body I guess and thats how I reinjured myself.

This seems to be the part thats giving me trouble as it sort of hurts to take really deep breaths. Not so much today though as it did yesterday:

http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/LatissimusDorsi.html

I feel the pain starting on my outer back and it stretches around on my side. I'm pretty sure its that exact muscle. Hopefully it will heal up in a couple weeks.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments. :)

Jeebus
06-11-2003, 05:45 PM
You might also want to see a doctor, as this type of pain may be indicative of a more serious problem.

wibble see a doctor? Impossible. :) Only if the guy falls on his face and shatters more than at least one bone will he be there.

-Jeebus :alcoholic

wibble
06-11-2003, 08:51 PM
LOL ahh that was almost good times. :help:

wibble
06-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Well I ate about 3600 cals or so today. Maybe a couple hundred more. I had a couple chicken burgers for supper but only counted the cals for the patties and not for the buns, ketchup or mayo. I also ate a little more than 4 servings of Trail Mix but only accounted for 4. I don't think I usually eat this much...If I had my N-Large2 now I would have hit 4200+ cals. I'm feeling pretty damn hungry as it is right now though. Maybe I'll have a banana and a protien shake before bed...That'll bring me to almost 4k.

clvmike19
06-12-2003, 09:47 AM
4200 cals and still hungry? Damn good eating! Thats what I like to see.

GhettoSmurf
06-12-2003, 10:41 AM
hey man if the beast inside ya is still hungry after 4200, then feed it some more! :D

Wikked1
06-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Feed me Seymour! You gotta keep eating when you're hungry else you'll be the sole member of the WBBSA!! Can't be having of that!!

wibble
06-12-2003, 03:36 PM
Definitely gotta keep shoveling those cals in guys! Won't be hittin near 4k today though, I ate everything yesterday dammit. Theres no Orange Juice, no Chicken Burgers, no Hamburger buns. Sigh.

I don't wanna be the only member of the WBBSA! :cry:

wibble
06-12-2003, 04:17 PM
Sleep
I slept around 6 hours last night. I would have liked to have 8, but I didn't feel too tired today anyway.

Diet
Diet wasn't good. No damn food in the house. So so hungry. I might have to go have another breakfast for supper. As a matter of fact I think thats what I'll do. Or maybe order something...mmm...ordered somethings... :drooling:

Workout
My workout was alright. Served the purpose of working my muscles but I would have liked to get the gains I was after...almost did but not quite. Maybe next week...

Military Press:

135lbsx1x6 w/ 1 assisted.
135lbsx1x5 w/ 1 assisted.

I can't quite handle the plates yet. I was pretty close but still a couple reps off. I'm not dropping back down to 130lbs though, I'm sticking with this until I get those bastards. :evillaugh

DB Shoulder Press:

56lbsx1x5
50lbsx1x8

I had some trouble with these today. Last week I managed 2 sets of 6 with them, but I guess I didn't have it in me after giving my all with the Military Press. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

Lateral Raises:

30lbsx2x10 [+5lbs]

Decided to give the 30's a shot for a set of 6-8 but managed 10 with them.

Closegrip Bench Press:

155lbsx1x6
155lbsx1x6 w/ 1 assisted.

I was so close to moving up in these...if it wasn't for that last damn rep. I'll get it next time.

Skullcrushers:

87.5lbsx1x6
87.5lbsx1x4
87.5lbsx1x6 w/ 1 assisted.

I thought I was actually going to move up in these today. I've been doing 82.5 for a long time. The last time I tried 87.5 I could only manage a couple reps. They were a lot easier this time, but during my second set the bar pinched a nerve in the web of my hand between my thumb and forefinger so I had to stop. When I tried my last set, all I had left was 5 reps. I couldn't manage the last one alone.

That was it for today. I made some progress but I can't officially mark it here until I finish my sets completely by myself. I hope next week I'll have moved up in Military Press, CGBP and Skullcrushers. Pretty close this week but no cigar...

cphafner
06-12-2003, 04:25 PM
nice military pressing wibble!