PDA

View Full Version : LOW CARB Recipes..

TiGeR AK
04-05-2003, 06:36 PM
i'm a college student with neither the TIME nor $$$$ to prepare any good stuff.

can you guys give me any ideas that are really quick and not bad tasting to eat while i'm on CKD?

Besides just tuna....

Ironman8
04-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Steak is good :thumbup:

EdgarMex
04-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Chicken breasts are good took, but if given the choice, I'm with Ironman, steak is the way to go

Courtney
04-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Mmmm steak!

I learned a pretty good sauce from an Argentinian ex-boyfriend of mine. You can use it on steak, fish, or chicken. I like to use it on steak. It is a very basic chimichurri style sauce.

Mix 1 part lemon juice with 1 part olive oil, add chopped garlic and a bit of chopped parsley. Mix together to make a dressing. The lightness of the sauce contradicts nicely with the greasiness of the steak.

TiGeR AK
04-06-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Courtney
Mmmm steak!

I learned a pretty good sauce from an Argentinian ex-boyfriend of mine. You can use it on steak, fish, or chicken. I like to use it on steak. It is a very basic chimichurri style sauce.

Mix 1 part lemon juice with 1 part olive oil, add chopped garlic and a bit of chopped parsley. Mix together to make a dressing. The lightness of the sauce contradicts nicely with the greasiness of the steak.

do u season it with anything else? salt etc? i'll give it a try.. doesn't sound too bad.

Courtney
04-07-2003, 12:33 AM
I season the meat with salt and pepper so the dressing really doesn't need any added for my taste. But you can try mixing in a little salt and pepper and see if that works better for you.

Wu36
04-07-2003, 04:03 PM
sounds good