PDA

View Full Version : CKD for a Vegan

EdgeCrusher
04-06-2003, 03:07 AM
How do I do it? If possible, please withhold science/nutrition terms that are confusing, as I don't get what the CKD threads say.

Feel free to throw out a diet for a Vegan with my stats (below).

bradley
04-06-2003, 04:46 AM
I have never heard of anyone doing a vegan CKD because most of the protein sources used by vegans contain carbs. With that being said it would be hard to get adequate protein while keeping carbs under 20 or so grams a day.

Ironman8
04-06-2003, 11:28 AM
Does soy meat have carbs?

bradley
04-06-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Does soy meat have carbs?

I am not sure about all soy products in general but I know that vegetarian hamburgers contain anywhere from 4-23g of carbs per serving.

Vegans have to get all of their daily protein from plant sources and in general plant sources contain carbohydrates.

AJ_11
04-06-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by EdgeCrusher
How do I do it? If possible, please withhold science/nutrition terms that are confusing, as I don't get what the CKD threads say.

Feel free to throw out a diet for a Vegan with my stats (below).

First I gotta ask why mix CKD and Vegetarian diet. The two of them kinda go against each other, but it can been done.

Well if you did it then you would have to have a strict diet and you couldn't really be that strict of a vegetarian.

Like I would use Healthy fat oils - Fish, Olive, Flax. Mised with whey and some nuts. Really there wouldn't be alot of choces in your diet.

If you are planning to be a vegetarian, why not fust incorporate heathy fats in your diet along with vegetables and soy for protein, and if it is to lose weight then go into a calorie defiecient.

My $0.02