PDA

View Full Version : Fat Diet

Rhino
04-06-2003, 03:19 AM
Hello there.

I was just wondering; who's got an effective diet to burn fat? I've training my ABS. Can feel them, but I have some fat over. Any suggestions welcome.:cool:

bradley
04-06-2003, 04:56 AM
A diet that will put you in a caloric deficit at the end of the day. In other words you should be burning more calories than you are taking in. Shoot to get approx. 1g of protein per lb. of bodyweight, carbs from low GI sources, and don't skip out on healthy fats. Decrease cals in small increments each week until you are losing about a pound or so a week.

bradley
04-06-2003, 05:08 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=482361#post482361

This might also help.

Ironman8
04-06-2003, 11:25 AM
Let me guess, you have to train your abs for summer :). Anyways, a CKD diet is also pretty effective. It's basically a low-carb diet. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find alot of topics on it.

raniali
04-06-2003, 03:55 PM
additionally - i would try training other body parts along with ur abs.

Rhino
04-09-2003, 02:34 AM
Thank you for the info, but still I was hoping to get something more specific like: Day one: "eat this and this" and so on. Also, include the suggested amount of time that it should be followed.

Can some one help??:confused:

bradley
04-09-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Rhino
Thank you for the info, but still I was hoping to get something more specific like: Day one: "eat this and this" and so on. Also, include the suggested amount of time that it should be followed.

Can some one help??:confused:

It is not really realistic for someone to plan an exact diet for you. We have no idea what foods you like or have access to and what kind of time schedule you are on. I recommend attempting to put together your own meal plan and then post it and let others offer opinions and advice.;)

Berserker
04-09-2003, 10:19 AM
I agree with bradley. We cannot spoon food you. Besides if we gave you a planned diet it would get boring quick.
The way I do it is every meal is centered around protein. Meat, chicken fish, ect. Then I throw some healthy carbs on the side, how much depends on if I bulking or cutting.
The big thing is to eat clean. I think you can figure that out whats bad for you. Eat healthy,l plenty of protein and get out and do something. That is the key.

Ironman8
04-09-2003, 05:54 PM
One word: Experiment.

MrWebb78
04-09-2003, 05:57 PM
eat lots od twinkies and ho-ho's

hey the subject is "fat diet"

aidano
04-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Eat some of the following - not only these, not all of these, but some of these.

Chicken, tuna, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, fish oil, flax oil, olive oil, peanut butter, whole wheat bread, huge salads (careful on the dressing), cottage cheese, and water.

bradley
04-10-2003, 02:29 AM
Here are some threads that have some people's foods that they buy each week. Contains some good food choices and might help you when planning out your meal plan.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16653&highlight=grocery+list

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26368&highlight=grocery+list

PaulB
04-10-2003, 03:43 AM
or you could do a crash diet like i am, expect to be hungry for the first few days till you get used to it. also expect to lose muscle mass and drp some weight off your max rpm. youll feel good about yourself till your next lifting day then its like "****, is 20lbs off my max worth this?"
either way you look at it, the crash diet works....just depends on what your goals are

bradley
04-10-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by PaulB
or you could do a crash diet like i am, expect to be hungry for the first few days till you get used to it. also expect to lose muscle mass and drp some weight off your max rpm. youll feel good about yourself till your next lifting day then its like "****, is 20lbs off my max worth this?"
either way you look at it, the crash diet works....just depends on what your goals are

Sure the crash diet works but you are more than likely not going to stick with it and when you do break your diet you are going to balloon back up. Hence the term yo-yo dieting.

This kind of thinking goes against the whole purpose of bodybuilding/powerlifting IMO.

Ironman8
04-10-2003, 07:16 AM
So the "crash diet" still messes up your metabolism even though you're exercising alot during the diet?

raniali
04-10-2003, 11:00 AM
yes - crash diets are to be avoided if one is seriously trying to make permanent body transformations.