PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Cutting DIet

JustinASU
04-07-2003, 11:24 PM
So I've been told that cutting (which I badly need to do) is all about eating below maintenance calories. Well I dont know what maintenance should be for me so I dont know how to eat below that. :help: Well anyways. I was wondering if any of you master-cutters could help me formulate a diet thats good for me. Please, before it's too late and my b!tch tits form completely...

Berserker
04-07-2003, 11:45 PM
There are formulas. I don't know them. I just cut out a little bit of carbs out of my diet and drink a little less milk. Eat a little cleaner. Nothing scientific. There are probably better approaches.
I think one key is to know what your eating now, so you can reduce 200-500 cals a day.

JustinASU
04-07-2003, 11:58 PM
well Im kinda hoping to know the macro ratios and when to eat carbs and when to eat fats and refeeding and all that stuff I see you guys talk about...I need to form a strict meal schedule or else I'll cheat, I know me and how I work...

bradley
04-08-2003, 03:53 AM
Just take what you are eating now and decrease that total by about 200-300 cals per week until you are losing weight. I would recommend getting approximately 1g of protein per lb. of bodyweight, consume carbs that are low on the glycemic index and don't skip out on the healthy fats (should be around 25-30% of your daily cals). Spread your daily cals over the course of 5-6 meals per day. Using a site like www.fitday.com can be helpful when trying to track cals, and if you like feel free to post an example of your daily diet and I am sure people will be happy to offer opinions.

What is your height/weight/approximate bf%? This info would help and you can also run a search on refeeds if you wanted to read up on the topic. The formulas used to figure out caloric intake are used as rough guidelines at best, and I wouldn't put much stock in them.

JustinASU
04-08-2003, 07:55 AM
Bradley, my weight fluctuates from about 207-210, lately its been on the lower end but that might be due to my recent introduction to HIIT. I tend to carry most of my fat in the chest and ab area. I can barely see my top two abs if I flex so I would assume I'm close to 20% bf although I've never measured...I'll have to look up what's low on the glycemic index because I've never bothered knowing this.

kook
04-08-2003, 08:03 AM
why dont you post what have been eating... and then we'll play with that diet a bit.. assuming you dont eat mcd's all day long

bradley
04-08-2003, 08:04 AM
If you are close to 20% refeeds will not be that big of an issue right now. Here is a recent thread about refeeds:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29757

Ironman8
04-08-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by JustinASU
[BI need to form a strict meal schedule or else I'll cheat[/B]

You don't need to develope a strict diet. Just develope a diet which satifies you, as well as makes you lose weight. The easiest approach would be eating 6 small meals a day spread out 2 hours apart.

JustinASU
04-08-2003, 02:50 PM
Well I usually eat 3500+ calories a day so Im trying to keep today to 3000 for my cut...does that seem reasonable? I'm having trouble keeping the fat low enough AND finding clean foods to eat. You have to understand I'm still living in a crappy little box universities call a dorm room and therefore have very limited means of cooking. Here's what I've eaten so far today:

Meal 1

Anabolic MRP with 2 cups milk
2 cups oatmeal
multivitamin
Note: I went a little over board of the calories this morning.

Meal 2

6 ounces of tuna
Natural PB on 1 piece of 100% whole wheat

Meal 3

Natural PB and Jam Sandwich
Note: I didnt know what else to eat!!

That's what I have so far but I guess I want meal#4 to be chicken and meal #5 to have cottage cheese with something else (I dont know what yet)

I think this roughly adds up to 3000 calories with hopefully 25-30% fat and about equal amounts of carbs and protein with the protein adding up to about body weight arond 205-210 grams.

This diet sucks and there isnt enough variety. I might vomit if I have to do this for a month...3000 calories just doesnt seem like cutting to me...I got no clue. Any suggestions?

raniali
04-08-2003, 03:33 PM
how are u getting 25-30% fat from this when the only real fat source is pb? neglecting fats (the healthy ones) seems to be the most common problem in cutting diets. pb is a good start, but try adding olive oil (cook ur eggs or chicken with it), flax and fish oils and nuts. i think dropping to 3000 cal is a good start - but you might need to continue to modify that after a week or two.

if u want variety - start cooking. potatoes, yams, rice, bulgar etc. chicken, lean steak, fish, eggs. vegetables of all sorts of course. mix and match for variety.

bradley
04-08-2003, 05:25 PM
I have found that to add variety one of the easiest ways is to find some veggies that you enjoy eating. They are low in calories, provide vitamins and minerals and are also a good source of fiber. Also cook up food in advance for the next couple of days. If you like cottage cheese then stock up on that as it makes a good snack.

The food choices you are eating are good IMO, but I agree with Raniali in that you need more healthy fats.

Sugar free jello is also a nice treat when cutting:)

Ironman8
04-08-2003, 08:07 PM
Hey Justin, do you have a cafeteria at your University?

JustinASU
04-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Yeah, Ironman we do...prob. is it's very expensive...why?

Ironman8
04-09-2003, 07:00 PM
Since you said your cooking is limited, I was thinking you can find foods quickly at your cafeteria. But, since you said it's expensive, I guess that's out of the question.