PDA

View Full Version : Fitness/Figure Competitors

wickham
04-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Hello! Thought I would try and get a thread going for fitness and figure competitors to chat about training, dieting, the pro girls etc. Myself, I'm 6 1/2 weeks out from my next show-so right into the crunch of everything! I've been competing for six years, this will be my 10th show (I think...!) It gets better preparing for each progressive show-but it's definitely never easy!

Looking forward to meeting and chatting to new people! ;)

Tryska
04-08-2003, 02:49 PM
so what is your pre-comp routine anyway? diet, training, etc?

( i realize it's a lot of info, but jsut wondering what your style is)

nikegurl
04-08-2003, 03:16 PM
hi wickham. i'm new around here too. i need to add some size to my shoulders calves and hamstrings....and now i'm working on getting leaner. i competed once in natural bb when i was in college. sometimes i think i'd try figure...but realistically i'd be at least a year away. i won't do it unless i know i can be very happy with how i look. it's ok if i don't win but i have to believe i'm ready to do it.

so....maybe?

good luck with your next show!

wickham
04-08-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
so what is your pre-comp routine anyway? diet, training, etc?

Well, I could go on for hours! A little synopsis though:
When it comes to diet I definitely do not go extreme on the "low carbs/no carbs", I cycle my carbs to keep them fairly high-I cannot afford to lose an ounce of muscle. (it's taken me forever to get this much!!) I am super strict on myself, no little cheats or slips, just stick to the six clean meals per day, each one (except on my lower carb days and at night) having a little bit of fat, some carbs and of course protein. I use alot of PVL protein (uh oh, will I get in trouble for that "plug"? They sponsor me-they're a canadian company) usually post workout and before bed.
Training is quite complex because I also have to worry about my routine. I've had to work super hard on the routine portion since I have no gymnastics or dance background! (that's why it's taken me so long to win a National title-I had to take tons of time to bring my routine up to par) I am only training three days on the weights, 3 days routine. Because I stayed alot leaner off season this year, I am keeping my cardio down as much as possible-again to conserve muscle. I pretty much know what works for me and stick to it. Everyone's different!

wickham
04-08-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by nikegurl
hi wickham. i'm new around here too. i need to add some size to my shoulders calves and hamstrings....and now i'm working on getting leaner. i competed once in natural bb when i was in college. sometimes i think i'd try figure...but realistically i'd be at least a year away. i won't do it unless i know i can be very happy with how i look. it's ok if i don't win but i have to believe i'm ready to do it.

so....maybe?

good luck with your next show!

I think figure is a great addition to the competitive scene! If there had been figure back when I started, I may have done it instead of having to work super hard on the routine. (the routine is so much fun though!)
If you're looking to put on muscle, you want to know the most basic thing that has helped me for the past two years? It sounds ridiculous and obvious, but-EAT! I guess as women we're so paranoid about getting "fat" that we usually eat less than we should. But when I started upping my calories (clean ones though!) especially post-workout I really noticed a big difference! (no pun intended!)
Taking the extra time to come into your first show the best you possibly can is always a good idea. You want your first show to be an enjoyable experience; if you know you're at 100% and your proud of your accomplishments, then it will be!

Maki Riddington
04-08-2003, 05:43 PM
I'm curious as to who your mentor/s is/are?

wickham
04-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
I'm curious as to who your mentor/s is/are?

I really look up to our Canadian Pros-Kary Odiatu especially-she's definitely my 'motivator' and is someone I mold myself after. Christine Bergeron has a GREAT physique-I competed against her my very first year at Nationals in '99 when she won her fitness pro card (I placed 6th). Stephanie Worsfold is also another pro with a GREAT physique-she has switched over to figure now-she has the same problem as me with no gymnastics background for the routines. Of course the pioneers of the sport-Mia Finnegan, Monica Brant (also no gymnastics background!) are great, and as for current competitors, gotta say I'm an Adela Garcia-Friedmansky fan-she has no gymnastics background either but is doing great in the Pros! (see a pattern in my picks there!!!)
What about you? Everyone else?

missfit_canada
04-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Hey Wickham,

Thanks for starting this thread!! It will be a great place to chat with other girls getting ready to compete!

Savannah
04-08-2003, 07:34 PM
I think it's great to have you on here and I'm hoping it'll give my motivation a swift kick in the rear.

Are you going to consider switching to Figure now?

Wolverine
04-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Savannah, I'll give ya swift kick in the rear! :D

Mystic Eric
04-09-2003, 05:56 AM
Whoa holy crap. Another person from Vancouver. This is crazy.

Tryska
04-09-2003, 08:32 AM
kudos to you for winning a fitness comp with no dance/gymnastics background...that's a hell of an accomplishment.

xraygirl
04-09-2003, 04:35 PM
No kidding. Fitness comps are turning into Women's Gymnastics comps. Good on ya girlie!

Savannah
04-09-2003, 05:57 PM
I just wanted to add my 2 cents in here regarding fitness comps and how much importance sometimes seems to be placed on a competitor's level of gymnastics.

I really don't see anything wrong with routines that emphasize a competitors gymnastics capabilities. Obviously I have a soft spot here but the way I look at it, a females gymnastics career is usually pretty short lived. Most are finished by the late teens and only those who go on to get scholarships keep competing until early 20's but then what??? Women's fitness is the perfect avenue for them to get into.

I just figure the competitors need to work with what their strengths are. If it's not in dance or gymnastics, then go the figure route.... or go the glaxy type competition routes.

wickham
04-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Savannah
Are you going to consider switching to Figure now?
I am going to stick with the fitness, now that I have brought my routine up to a much higher level. I absolutely love performing the routine, and learning new moves (like a backhandspring) is just so rewarding! If my bod starts breaking down from attempting the routines, I would think about switching down the road.

wickham
04-09-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Savannah

I really don't see anything wrong with routines that emphasize a competitors gymnastics capabilities. Obviously I have a soft spot here but the way I look at it, a females gymnastics career is usually pretty short lived. Most are finished by the late teens and only those who go on to get scholarships keep competing until early 20's but then what??? Women's fitness is the perfect avenue for them to get into.

I just figure the competitors need to work with what their strengths are. If it's not in dance or gymnastics, then go the figure route.... or go the glaxy type competition routes.

I agree that competitors should use their strong points. It is pretty complicated and controversial when you start to think about "what is fitness?" and what should the routines be? You definitely have to be "fit" to be a gymnast, but just because you're not a gymnast does not mean you aren't "fit". All routines should have strength, flexibility, endurance, personality and entertainment, whether it's done with gymnastics, dance, or whatever else you can bring!

Check out this exerpt from a write up Denyse Johnson did about me on seriousaboutfitness.com:

"Sandra has some great advice for other fitness competitors without extensive dance or gymnastics backgrounds.
'My advice to other girls who are not former gymnasts or dancers is not to let that stop them! Just because someone can do a tumbling line does not mean that they are going to have the best routine! Fitness routines need quality strength moves, overall body flexibility, original moves and a high level of entertainment. All of these can be achieved without being a former champion gymnast. There are so many things that you can do to improve your routine.'"

(the full article is in the people section on that site)

Maki Riddington
04-10-2003, 08:32 AM
I like your site.

Reinier
04-10-2003, 08:53 AM
I like this thread. i had no idea we had a whole bunch of fitness competitors here

wickham
04-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Reinier
I like this thread. i had no idea we had a whole bunch of fitness competitors here
Thanks Reiner-glad to see you here-surprised, after my first attempt at posting, but glad!

wickham
04-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Just about to head out for morning cardio *yawn*...it's cloudy, looks chilly, kinda rainy (that's Vancouver for you)...this is when it would be great to have home cardio equipment..!

Wolverine
04-11-2003, 07:55 PM
sounds like a lovely day lol

Christine
04-12-2003, 06:52 PM
Hi Everyone!

Im competing in my first figure competition in June (thanks to the help of my awsome trainer, Sandra Wickham!!) and Im getting so excited!

:D

Wolverine
04-12-2003, 08:51 PM
:hello: hi christine!

missfit_canada
04-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Mystic Eric
Whoa holy crap. Another person from Vancouver. This is crazy.
Hey! You live in Kits? What gym do you go to?

Christine
04-13-2003, 09:21 PM
I work out at Worlds gym in PoCo right now, but Im moving downtown next month (Coal Harbour area), and I'll probably go to the World's on Robson Street, its only like a 5 min walk from my place.

Any one go there?

Hi Wolverine! Thanks for the Welcome :D

Wolverine
04-13-2003, 10:51 PM
You're welcome for the welcome Christine :D

Reinier
04-14-2003, 12:27 AM
Welcome

wickham
04-14-2003, 10:34 AM
I'm off to Vegas for three days for a shoot with Terry Goodlad-pretty exciting! The Fitness Canada West was this past Saturday-we had two girls competing and they did an awesome job! The show was interesting to say the least...I'll give you an update when I get back Thurs, (might have pics from the show by then too) but I really gotta run! I still have to finish making all my meals, pack, go train...then we have two girls competing in the Emerald Cup on Friday night... busy busy! Catcha later!

Wolverine
04-14-2003, 09:42 PM
kick your roommate's ass.......... :p

Christine
04-14-2003, 09:43 PM
HAHAHA... I like it!!! But he is bigger then me :(

Christine
04-14-2003, 09:46 PM
hey, where did my post go?? Thats weird, Oh well.
:scratch:

Wolverine
04-14-2003, 09:47 PM
a precisely placed kick to a certain area would even the odds pretty quickly :cry:

Wolverine
04-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Christine
hey, where did my post go?? Thats weird, Oh well.
:scratch:

it's hiding..........

Christine
04-14-2003, 09:59 PM
I like your way of thinking! I have been wanting to kick someones ass lately! (low carbs getting to my brain!!)
:whip:

But really... where is it hiding?? :scratch:

Maki Riddington
04-14-2003, 10:28 PM
All these Vancouverites, oh my.:)

missfit_canada
04-14-2003, 11:58 PM
All these Vancouverites, oh my.:)

Yeah, where did we all come from?:clap:

Oh Christine..I know what you mean about the low carbs...fun stuff. But today was my high carb day and sweet potatoes never tasted so good (ok they taste better with my aunt's maple butter but whatever)!
Well it's back to the books, I love final exams:help:
Talk to ya'll later!

Workhorse
04-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Wolverine
a precisely placed kick to a certain area would even the odds pretty quickly :cry:
I can't believe you even suggested that!! :( :D

Maki Riddington
04-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Miss Fit, I was told that I might have spotted you at the "Coop" deadlifting. If it was you, you sure stuck out like a sore thumb. Rarely do you see females deadlifting in a gym full of sweaty meatheads.:D

Wolverine
04-15-2003, 07:48 PM

But really... where is it hiding?? :scratch: [/B]

over there ----------------------------------------------->

Christine
04-15-2003, 07:54 PM
over there ----------------------------------------------->

:nod: oh ya, ok tuttut

Christine
04-15-2003, 07:55 PM
How do you copy the quote??

Wolverine
04-15-2003, 07:57 PM
it's *magic* but if you're really nice i'll tell ya :D

Christine
04-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Pleeeeeeeease???? :angel:

Wolverine
04-15-2003, 08:04 PM
Pleeeeeeeease???? :angel:

oooooooooooooh ok. in each message box there is a little button in the top right corner that says quote..........

Christine
04-15-2003, 08:08 PM
in each message box there is a little button in the top right corner that says quote..........

Oh, YAY!!!!:D

Christine
04-15-2003, 08:10 PM
it's *magic

Thanks Wolverine!!!!:clap:

Wolverine
04-15-2003, 08:13 PM
welcome :D

Wolverine
04-16-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Workhorse

I can't believe you even suggested that!! :( :D

LOL just caught this..... sorry workhorse, temporary insanity?

Christine
04-16-2003, 09:30 PM
a precisely placed kick to a certain area would even the odds pretty quickly

He deserves it if he is messing with a dieting Figure competitor!!

:ninja:

Wolverine
04-16-2003, 09:34 PM
hey christine.....

:moon:

Christine
04-16-2003, 09:42 PM
Im gonna kick your ass!!

Christine
04-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Whats a good CD to work out too?? I need some new suggestions!

Wolverine
04-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Im gonna kick your ass!!

LOL big enough target!

Wolverine
04-16-2003, 09:51 PM

hmmm good question. should be some threads in general chat discussing this. i just listen to gym radio since it's usually on good station. i do listen to Metallica and a few others on way to gym however.......

missfit_canada
04-17-2003, 11:10 PM
Miss Fit, I was told that I might have spotted you at the "Coop" deadlifting. If it was you, you sure stuck out like a sore thumb. Rarely do you see females deadlifting in a gym full of sweaty meatheads.:D

Ahhh...the Coop....probably wasn't me. I don't think I have gone there since January...too crowded. Believe it or not there are a few girls at the coop who lift...not just the 5lb weight girls....although I give them credit for trying, sort of. I've found a less crowded, bigger gym with girls that have bigger muscles than me....more motivation :D

missfit_canada
04-17-2003, 11:18 PM

Oh if you have any of the old dance mixes try those!! Like dance mix 97, lol. I swear I have gone through every CD lately from Michael Jackson to Def Leppard to rap mixes to, I hate to admit it, Ricky Martin, the Spanish CD's though!!...I agree AC/DC, Metallica and the like work to get you pumped up when lifting...get their greatest hits CDs.

wickham
04-19-2003, 10:49 AM
This has been a CRAAAZY two weeks! The Fitness Canada Pageant was the loooongest prejudging show in recorded history...not because there were so many competitors but because they started an hour late, there were a million different categories (all the fitness, fitness model, figure, MALE fitness model...bodybuilding-all of them did their routines...) It ran for about 4 hours. Then Vegas was a big blur, flying all day, shooting the next, flying all day the next to get back....(thanks for the lift from the airport Christine) got some great shots though. The Emerald Cup was crazy! There were 60 competitors, two IFBB Pro Fitness girls did guest routines, Laura Mak was there, Milos Sarcev, Jay Cutler, Flex Wheeler etc etc!! It was only the Fitness and Figure and was an exciting show to watch. Now I'm bloody exhausted!

Christine
04-19-2003, 11:13 AM
WOW, the Emerald Cup was AMAZING!!! Im sooooooo pumped to compete now!!!

Leah and Lauren both looked awsome, great job Sandy!!

:clap:

oh, sorry for the detour on the way home from the airport- mabe I need more sleep??!! ;)

Wolverine
04-19-2003, 11:54 AM
oh, sorry for the detour on the way home from the airport- mabe I need more sleep??!! ;) [/B]

maybe you just need a map! LMAO

wickham
04-20-2003, 08:49 AM

maybe you just need a map!

We had a map but didn't use it-Christine just rolls down the window and yells at strangers at the stoplights "hey, how do you get to....." Meanwhile the light's green....

Wolverine
04-20-2003, 08:55 AM
LMAO why doesn't that surprise me! sounds like you had a hectic couple weeks wickham, starting to recover yet? :)

wickham
04-20-2003, 08:58 AM
Trying...still wishing I had more time to catch up on some sleep! I only have the Health Expo in Vancouver on Sat and Sun this weekend, then there's nothing more till Nationals. After that it gets crazy again with all the girls competing and I'm doing two guest appearances the following two weekends...and I guess it will depend how Nationals goes what else will be coming up!

Wolverine
04-20-2003, 09:00 AM
seems like there is never enough time to catch up on sleep! when are the Nationals? best of luck there!

Christine
04-20-2003, 12:44 PM
We had a map but didn't use it-Christine just rolls down the window and yells at strangers at the stoplights "hey, how do you get to....." Meanwhile the light's green....

ya, sorry about that:redface: ... I have been COMPLETELY out of it lately. I'm trying NOT to be so stupid!
(stress + low carbs = STUPID CHRISTINE)

Wolverine
04-20-2003, 12:53 PM
next time just try not to hold up traffic!

Christine
04-20-2003, 03:44 PM
next time just try not to hold up traffic!

I'll try my best! ;)

Christine
04-20-2003, 03:46 PM
I guess it will depend how Nationals goes what else will be coming up!

Your gonna win your Pro card! :thumbup:

Wolverine
04-20-2003, 08:42 PM

I'll try my best! ;)

no trying! you shall do your best! :whip:

missfit_canada
04-21-2003, 02:06 AM
Hey everyone...
Just thought I'd post a quick 'hi' while my chicken is cooking. :whazzup:

This dieting stuff is getting easier and easier...I think I am starting to forget what 'real' food tastes like. When sweet potatoes are a treat you know you're in trouble.
Ahhh, but one thing I will never forget is the taste of Kernels Popcorn...that is the first thing I plan to eat after the competition...Kettle Corn and Cheezy Jalepeno...a bag of each :lurk: lol
The Easter Bunny brought me flowers this year instead of chocolate...how thoughtful!!

Oh by the way, I love the smilies....especially this one :micro:
Ok bed time so I can study all day tomorrow....:study:

the doc
04-21-2003, 09:29 AM
best wishes for sucess to all the competitors!

Wolverine
04-21-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by missfit_canada

Oh by the way, I love the smilies....especially this one :micro:
Ok bed time so I can study all day tomorrow....:study: [/B]

:) ;) :p :D :evillaugh :thumbup: :hump: :nod: :whazzup: :micro:

Christine
04-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Hi Miss fit!

When sweet potatoes are a treat you know you're in trouble.

mmmmmm, sweet potatoes are sooooooooooo good!:D

Wolverine
04-21-2003, 08:38 PM
ok christine LOL it appears as if me whippin you ass was deleted

*it was a joke*

so i guess you get the first shot ;)

:moon:

p.s. get a map yet ;)

wickham
04-22-2003, 08:46 AM
when are the Nationals? best of luck there!

Nationals for us is May 24th in Edmonton-everyone else has tons of faith in me to win that darn Pro card...so I'll hopefully live up to that! It's tough for us Canucks-only two fitness pro cards are given out per year!!!

Wolverine
04-22-2003, 08:24 PM
you'll win! keep the faith and keep up the hard work!

Christine
04-22-2003, 09:02 PM
everyone else has tons of faith in me to win that darn Pro card...so I'll hopefully live up to that!

you'll win!

Hell ya you'll win!! Go Sandy Go!!

:clap:

Wolverine
04-22-2003, 09:05 PM
go Sandy go Sandy go!

....oh i thought we were doing the unison chanting thing :redface:

wickham
04-22-2003, 09:54 PM
Thanks! You guys rock!:D

Maki Riddington
04-22-2003, 11:44 PM
You'll clean house!!!!!!!!!:cool:

missfit_canada
04-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Is there a reason why you shouldn't win?? NO!! You look great...your routine will be awesome...You've worked hard and it will all pay off!
Plus we all say you will get your procard so you will :)

Wolverine
04-23-2003, 07:37 PM
pro card pro card pro card pro card proooooooooooooooooo card!

Christine
04-23-2003, 07:38 PM
Just wondering... what was everyones first show like?? ... did they feel 100% ready, or just go for experience even if they didn't feel ready?

I dont think Im going to be as lean as I wanted for my show (in 6 weeks, ah!) but I know this is just the first of MANY, so... I dont know, just wondering what other peoples experience and opininons are...

Christine
04-23-2003, 07:42 PM
It's practicaly already yours... They are just waiting for you to go to Edmonton to pick it up! :D

Wolverine
04-23-2003, 10:39 PM
careful christine, being overconfident (which i don't think she is) can bite you in the arse!

Christine
04-23-2003, 10:52 PM
I know, I know.... Im just being supportive!! But she is the best!

Believe in yourself! You can do it! You deserve it!!!

Wolverine
04-23-2003, 10:56 PM
I'll second all of that........

wickham
04-24-2003, 08:25 AM
Morning cardio time...it's raining again....:swear:
Thanks for all the support guys-but enough about me, me, me-let's talk about somebody else!! :D

missfit_canada
04-24-2003, 11:29 PM
I dont think Im going to be as lean as I wanted for my show (in 6 weeks, ah!) but I know this is just the first of MANY, so... I dont know, just wondering what other peoples experience and opininons are...

Don't worry Christine...I'm in your boat too!! I agree with what you said...this is the first of many! I always hear about people winning their first show but who knows how long they were training for it!! I just started training in Decemeber with the outlook of competing so it hasn't been that long. It would be nice to place as high as possible but even if I don't it will be a wicked experience and I'll be ahead of the game for next year.

We need to round up some more figure/fitness girls into this chat so they can give us rookies some help!! :help:

I've spent waaay to long in the library lately...it'll all be over Tuesday....oh it can't come soon enough! I am just hating stats right now!! Too bad it is such an important class :bash:

Christine
04-25-2003, 09:22 PM
it will be a wicked experience and I'll be ahead of the game for next year

I agree! Im looking forward to getting in the experience (even if I dont LOVE my physique! :rolleyes: ), so at the next show, I'll know what to do!

Good luck on exams Lindsey! (and with training/ dieting)

Wolverine
04-25-2003, 10:21 PM
good luck on exams and the show missfit! good luck on your show christine! keep working hard you two and i'm sure you will both do extremely well!

missfit_canada
04-28-2003, 02:07 AM
good luck on exams and the show missfit!

Thanks! The countdown is on...2 more days. You should see me go to the library, backpack full of books and cooler full of food...people must think I'm crazy, and at this point maybe they're right!
I can't wait till exams are done so I can concentrate on my training. I'm pretty happy that I've kept on track this last month with all the studying/exams. Although some days the low carbs just put me to sleep...I drool on my books. It was funny the other day, I woke up from a dream with a jump (you know how that happens) and I threw my hands over my head. I was dreaming that I was doing a dumbbell shoulder press and the weights slipped out of my hand! I hope nobody saw me do that, they wouldn't understand, I had to protect my head! lol I almost burst out laughing but that would have made me look even more strange.
Well it's bed time :redface: ...morning cardio tomorrow and a workout before I put in my LAST day of studying.

Wolverine
04-28-2003, 08:13 PM
ok missfit, a few things.

first, excellent Herschel Walker quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude was my hero as a kid.....

second, carrying all that stuff to the library must give ya one helluva workout! LOL

third, i wish i had video of you snapping up from that dream! LMAO

wickham
04-30-2003, 08:52 AM
Hey Christine/Lindsey-you girls ready to start posing practice on Sunday???!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

missfit_canada
04-30-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by wickham
Hey Christine/Lindsey-you girls ready to start posing practice on Sunday???!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mentally YES! Physically...well not quite but I don't really care. I'm super excited! I can't believe how close we are to the competition!:eek: I never thought I would be doing something like this....even though I always thought it would be cool!
I've made so much progress, if you look at my 'before' picture it's crazy how far I've come since February! I couldn't do it without such a great trainer ;)
Even my boyfriend is getting excited about it now. He is always explaining to his friends why I can't eat pizza and drink beer with them. Then most of the time they say "oh yeah...chicken!" Yes I am the chicken queen...thank goodness for all my spices! He's pretty impressed with they way I have stuck to the diet...and honestly so am I! But once I started to see results I was pumped to keep it up.
Also, now my mom is super motivated to stick to a nutrition plan. She goes pretty hard at the gym and now she wants to be able to show off all of her hard work. She has a great 'nutrition coach' now...she just has to get the motivation to stick with it like I did!!
Well it's cardio time....and a nice day in Vancouver! I might have to find my bike...and the key to unlock it...and go down to the seawall!

Mystic Eric
04-30-2003, 02:44 PM

Mentally YES! Physically...well not quite but I don't really care. I'm super excited! I can't believe how close we are to the competition!:eek: I never thought I would be doing something like this....even though I always thought it would be cool!
I've made so much progress, if you look at my 'before' picture it's crazy how far I've come since February! I couldn't do it without such a great trainer ;)
Even my boyfriend is getting excited about it now. He is always explaining to his friends why I can't eat pizza and drink beer with them. Then most of the time they say "oh yeah...chicken!" Yes I am the chicken queen...thank goodness for all my spices! He's pretty impressed with they way I have stuck to the diet...and honestly so am I! But once I started to see results I was pumped to keep it up.
Also, now my mom is super motivated to stick to a nutrition plan. She goes pretty hard at the gym and now she wants to be able to show off all of her hard work. She has a great 'nutrition coach' now...she just has to get the motivation to stick with it like I did!!
Well it's cardio time....and a nice day in Vancouver! I might have to find my bike...and the key to unlock it...and go down to the seawall!

Post your before and after pics!

missfit_canada
04-30-2003, 03:53 PM

Post your before and after pics!

Ha! Not yet...I don't have any after pics yet anyways. Eeek...I don't know if I want my before pics available to the public! I'm sure once the competition is done Sandra will put some of all of us on her website so then you can see the 'afters'...as for the
'before' stuff, we'll have to see about that!!

Christine
04-30-2003, 09:10 PM
Hey Christine/Lindsey-you girls ready to start posing practice on Sunday???!!!

:rolleyes: Im scared! :cry: I feel so fat!

Ok, its just one of those days. I'll make myself ready!! (mentaly because Im doing everything I can physicaly, I think!)

I'll strap on those stripper shoes and strut mystuff!! See you Sunday!!!! :D

Wolverine
05-01-2003, 05:45 PM

I'll strap on those stripper shoes and strut mystuff!! See you Sunday!!!! :D

:omg: :drooling:

wickham
05-03-2003, 08:49 AM
You're gonna be fine-everyone's going to be feeling "fatter" than they should be and that they're not ready (but that's cuz you still have 5 weeks to go-you're not supposed to be ready!) and everyone is going to feel awkward at first in those shoes (that's why we practice!) and NO ONE is going to be judging or scrutinizing each other-it's just to learn how to pose! There should be 7 of you posing together-you can support each other through the trauma of putting on a bikini!!

Wolverine
05-03-2003, 09:08 PM
uh Sandra, I volunteer to help them with the putting on a bikini part......... ;)

christine, missfit - you girls will do fine, relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missfit_canada
05-04-2003, 12:03 AM
christine, missfit - you girls will do fine, relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh I'm relaxed...no worries...no cares. The only thing is I burnt when I was tanning today...I swear the girl was busy and put it on for too long, it seemed like forever! And another thing...I don't need help with the bikini but I apparently need help with my indoor tanning lotion, I am burnt in the front, white in the back :cry:

Wolverine
05-04-2003, 09:34 AM

Oh I'm relaxed...no worries...no cares. The only thing is I burnt when I was tanning today...I swear the girl was busy and put it on for too long, it seemed like forever! And another thing...I don't need help with the bikini but I apparently need help with my indoor tanning lotion, I am burnt in the front, white in the back :cry:

LOL sorry don't mean to laugh at your misfortune but i am trying to picture you lobstered in front and pasty in the back....

Christine
05-04-2003, 09:01 PM
I apparently need help with my indoor tanning lotion,

Me too! I just noticed the other day that there is a spot by my left shoulder blade that is WHITE! I must never get lotion there!? :confused: LOL.... oh well, I'll have to do that better!

missfit_canada
05-04-2003, 09:27 PM

LOL sorry don't mean to laugh at your misfortune but i am trying to picture you lobstered in front and pasty in the back....

HAHAHA...not funny. It's itchy and looks real bad...oh well, I'll be more careful next time.

Wolverine
05-05-2003, 08:21 PM

HAHAHA...not funny. It's itchy and looks real bad...oh well, I'll be more careful next time.

LOBSTERGIRL! ;)

wickham
05-07-2003, 08:38 AM
If you've EVER competed, or are preparing right now, or have ever KNOWN anyone who's competed, you've got to check out Denyse Johnson's editorial article on Seriousaboutfitness.com-
it's about "You know you're getting ready for a competition when..." and it's just hilarious! She's got it down right-and it made me howl-a much needed stress reliever! Check it out!!!
PS-Check out this issue of IRONMAN-there's a pic and article on me in the "Pump and Circumstance" section called "From North of the Border"-it's a GREAT write up!

Christine
05-07-2003, 03:02 PM
you've got to check out Denyse Johnson's editorial article on Seriousaboutfitness.com-

Its sooooo funny!! I really liked the part about the only two emotions are laughing and crying- I have experienced A LOT of that lately!!

:cry: :D

Wolverine
05-07-2003, 06:40 PM
might just have to check this article out!

missfit_canada
05-09-2003, 02:27 AM
If you've EVER competed, or are preparing right now, or have ever KNOWN anyone who's competed, you've got to check out Denyse Johnson's editorial article on Seriousaboutfitness.com-
it's about "You know you're getting ready for a competition when..." and it's just hilarious!

I like the one about not having all the final details done but you know what you are going to eat after the competition!
The cravings are coming back again :help: and I cannot wait to eat everything I'm not allowed!

wickham
05-09-2003, 09:15 AM
G'mornin'! I have to join the "scorched" club-got a little over-enthusiastic about my tanning...I'm not a lobster or anything but I'll need to take a break from the tanning for a couple days! Lindsey & Christine-there's some pics up on bodysport from my photo shoot with Terry--check it out!!!

the doc
05-09-2003, 09:59 AM
no offense wickham, but being someone who obviously cares greatly about her appearance, allow me to remind you how constant sun tanning will leave your skin very wrinkled and leathery looking. why dont you look into some stains or something similar (which you could just use around showtime

missfit_canada
05-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Lindsey & Christine-there's some pics up on bodysport from my photo shoot with Terry--check it out!!!

Wholy sexy! :eek:
Great shots!

Christine
05-09-2003, 04:19 PM
Lindsey & Christine-there's some pics up on bodysport from my photo shoot with Terry--check it out!!!

Looking HOT Sandy!!!!!! :cool:

Wolverine
05-09-2003, 08:54 PM
what is the site with the pics????????????????

Wolverine
05-09-2003, 09:04 PM
nevermind, found it! WOW, incredibly hot pics Sandra! goodness gracious :omg:

Christine
05-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Ok Sandy you were right (as usual!) posing practice wasn't so bad! (I still feel fat, but...) All the girls are so supportive and encouraging, I had a lot of fun!!

Lindsey- you look awsome!! :D

wickham
05-09-2003, 10:39 PM
See, I told you Christine-it's not so bad! Each week we practice you'll all look better and better and your confidence and posing will improve at the same!!!! We're off to a great start with your posing Christine, I was really impressed with your "stage presence" already! Good times!

Christine
05-09-2003, 10:54 PM
Thanks Sandy! Im excited for Sundays practice!! :D

Christine
05-09-2003, 11:00 PM
I keep having these dreams about the competition (usually if I fall asleep during the day...), what my suits will look like, what my hair will look like... Its really helping with contest prep!! (I know know for sure what color 2 piece I want!) The only thing I dont like is the dreams about food... they make me want to eat. Or I wake up and it feels so real, I wonder if I actualy ate it!!

But I just kind of 'zoned out' for a bit and had a dream that I was wearing a black pleather suit... dont think I should follow that one... (mabe its from the black shinny shoes I wore to the grocery store for practice...)

Wolverine
05-10-2003, 12:55 PM
again, good luck to all of you! i'm sure you will all do very well, especially with Sandra leading you.............

missfit_canada
05-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Ok Sandy you were right (as usual!) posing practice wasn't so bad! (I still feel fat, but...) All the girls are so supportive and encouraging, I had a lot of fun!!

Lindsey- you look awsome!! :D

Yeah it was alright. Can't wait to see what I will actually look like in a few weeks! I still talk to my stomach every night to tell it that it's ok to break the ties with it's long time buddy...fat. He has never been such a great friend anyways and the rest of my body seems to be doing fine without it. I think it may be starting to listen....but it's hard to let go of old friends :)
Girl you have the walk down for sure!! You look super confident...

OK...please say that you didn't actually go grocery shopping in black shiny shoes! That's hilarious. Oh, and black pleather, definitely your syle, lol.

I am getting soooo excited for the show! Now that I have my fabric and everything...I just have to get measured and get my suits made. It's great because my co-workers are being really supportive...just wait till the days before the competition when I look like a tanning freak though, they will probably laugh at me. I just have to find a place to practice posing now...my gym doesn't have hard wood floors and the studio is wide open, not quite ready for that!

By the way, Sandy you are looking ripped! I wish I was coming to watch nationals, someone will have to promise to post a message on the board as soon as you win because we will all be biting our nails for you!! :D

wickham
05-11-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by the doc
no offense wickham, but being someone who obviously cares greatly about her appearance, allow me to remind you how constant sun tanning will leave your skin very wrinkled and leathery looking. why dont you look into some stains or something similar (which you could just use around showtime
Ladies, meet 'the doc'-you may remember him from my first attempt at joining these message boards.....Thanks for your concern about my "wrinkled skin"-I must admit I like the sun! I have always been into the "sunnin'"-in University, we use to go to Daytona Beach, or Cuba or something for our break, I spent a year and a half backpacking New Zealand and Australia-chasing the sun for the whole time, just heading further North as the seasons changed...however I always look after my skin at the same time. Everyone tells me I look 6-8 years younger than I am...so far so good! We DO use tanning 'stains' for the stage...after 6 years and 10 shows, I have come up with the perfect combo of "suntanning", contest colour and cream for the best stage tan for me. Thanks again for your "concern"!

Wolverine
05-11-2003, 10:43 AM
*looks really close at your Sandra's skin*

Looks good to me!!!!!!

Christine
05-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Does anyone elses back get increadably sore from the posing?? Im soooooooo freaking sore! But mostly just my back.

Sorry Im just complaining. Im tired :(

Mystic Eric
05-11-2003, 11:29 PM

Ladies, meet 'the doc'-you may remember him from my first attempt at joining these message boards.....Thanks for your concern about my "wrinkled skin"-I must admit I like the sun! I have always been into the "sunnin'"-in University, we use to go to Daytona Beach, or Cuba or something for our break, I spent a year and a half backpacking New Zealand and Australia-chasing the sun for the whole time, just heading further North as the seasons changed...however I always look after my skin at the same time. Everyone tells me I look 6-8 years younger than I am...so far so good! We DO use tanning 'stains' for the stage...after 6 years and 10 shows, I have come up with the perfect combo of "suntanning", contest colour and cream for the best stage tan for me. Thanks again for your "concern"!

lol come on now. I'm pretty sure doc was just showing genuine concern. He didn't say your skin is leather-like. He just said it could possibly turn leather like from tanning too much. Let's just all get along :cool:

wickham
05-12-2003, 03:34 PM
:angel: Hee Hee :angel: Okay!:moon:
Less than two weeks to Nationals!!!:eek:

Wolverine
05-12-2003, 06:24 PM
nice booty! ;)

missfit_canada
05-12-2003, 11:17 PM

Let's just all get along :cool:

Sandy doesn't have to get along with anyone when she's two weeks out from an important competition!!!

Mystic Eric
05-12-2003, 11:43 PM

Sandy doesn't have to get along with anyone when she's two weeks out from an important competition!!!

tuttut

wickham
05-13-2003, 09:01 AM
Aw-we're just kiddin' around!!!

It's all about doing your best, trying to stay sane while you're doing it, and keeping ONLY positive energy around you while you're going into your show. The diet & prep doesn't always leave you in the "best" of moods :bang: , but you do your best to just put on your "happy" face and go on!!! :nod:

wickham
05-13-2003, 09:08 AM
Lindsey, I love that Herschel Walker quote...I'm going to add it to my collection...here's another one I like for competing:

"Insist on self confidence. Settle for nothing less than a firm belief and conviction that you can, and will succeed" -Anon

the doc
05-13-2003, 09:23 AM

wickham

LOL!
Now wickham, i thought we had smoothed everything over in PMs after i apologized for misinterpriting your intentions here. Shall i make my capitulation public? :cry:

Thanks eric you were correct i was showing genuine concern. Perhaps i should have worked my post differently but regardless, i was making that point about your future. I cant tell you how many people I saw at the Arnold Classic who had the most leathery wrinkled skin (obviously from chronic tanning) i had ever seen!

Obviously your skin looks very nice. i was speaking in terms of 15-20 years from now

Judging by your extensive use of quotes in your reply i can only assume a degree of hostile mocking in your post

Regardless i hope you reach your goals in BB/fitness :)

oh and :moon:

wickham
05-13-2003, 02:15 PM

oh and :moon:

Hee Hee!

I know, I know, I tend to "quote" my "sarcasm" which is brought on by the "wonderful" diet!!! Dieting is my excuse...1 1/2 weeks to go.........

Hakuna Matata!!!;)

Wolverine
05-13-2003, 07:32 PM
....such a wonderful phrase..........

Mystic Eric
05-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Awwww good to see that we're all getting along now.

I have a quote that I made up:

"If you don't come in first place, you're a loser" :D

wickham
05-14-2003, 08:53 AM
"Coming first isn't everything, but coming second isn't anything" -

they had that on a board at the gym I trained at in Australia....great just what I need-MORE pressure!!!!:rolleyes:

Wolverine
05-14-2003, 06:16 PM
aaaaaaah pressure schmessure, you'll tear it up...............

wickham
05-14-2003, 07:18 PM
:thumbup:

Tungate
05-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Hey peeps....I am another one of Sandy's girls....thought I would join the fitness partay!!!:dj:

Tungate
05-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Okay...well apparently no one is on anymore...it's all good though...I will chill for a bit...I compete in my first show this June...just over 3 weeks away! :omg:

Wolverine
05-14-2003, 09:03 PM
:hello: tungate! good luck in your show!!!!

Mystic Eric
05-14-2003, 09:55 PM
lol you gals should post in the other areas of this site. WBB has more forums than just the competitors one :p

wickham
05-14-2003, 09:56 PM
:whazzup: Yeah! Ashley! Welcome!!! :D

Wolverine
05-14-2003, 10:14 PM
i say yeah to all the new fitness girls here!!!!!!!! :clap:

wickham
05-16-2003, 08:54 AM
Christine & Lindsey-thanks for the emails about posing practice-I was getting worried cuz I hadn't heard from you by email, on my website message board, or on this one....:cry: I'll see you guys at the practice!!!!!:whip:

missfit_canada
05-17-2003, 01:04 AM
Yes I am alive...sort of. I was working the graveyards so I was so busy trying to fit all my training and eating, etc. in with that.

Hey Ash!! :indian:

Mmmm...today I bought the limited edition honey wheat thins to eat after my competition...and they want to be eaten now so I will have to lock them away. I swear my collection of 'things to eat after the competition' is going to weigh more than all my other things I plan on bringing. The funny thing is I probably won't be able to eat most of it because I feel so full (and probably sick) so fast!!!! Oh well....:micro:

Christine
05-17-2003, 08:08 AM
Christine & Lindsey-thanks for the emails about posing practice-I was getting worried cuz I hadn't heard from you by email, on my website message board, or on this one.... I'll see you guys at the practice!!!!!

Hey everyone!

I hate hate HATE being sick!!!!:cry: And only 3 weeks untill competition!!! I have been sleeping, working, and working some more! And cardio has definately been lacking with feeling like Im gonna throw up and all :( Uh! Oh well, I think Im starting to get better!! YAY!!! And you guys agreed with me looking leaner, so YAY again!!!!! :p

Hey Ash!!! Glad you joined in on the fun!

See you girls on Sunday!!!!!

Christine
05-17-2003, 08:12 AM
'things to eat after the competition'

Lindsey - you have great will power girl!!! Im afraid if I buy food now, I'll REALLY want to eat it, so Im not buying ANYTHING. But the weird thing is I dont care about the food- I just wanna sleep!!! (mabe its my marithon dieting ;) ) Well whatever, we will have sooooo much fun (even if it is in the bush waaaay up at Fort St. John!)

wickham
05-18-2003, 08:59 AM
You girls are doing awesome! Christine-behave yourself in Whistler-Lindsey, I'm going to bring you a couple suits to try on for posing practice-I think a better cut suit just for practicing will make a big difference~!!! Ashley-still out there??? Oh ya, Leah was reading these-we gotta get her to come "on board" so to speak!!:D

Wolverine
05-18-2003, 08:07 PM
i love fitness babes! keep up the hard work ladies! :D

missfit_canada
05-19-2003, 12:30 AM
Time is flying!! 2.5 weeks to go, YIKES!! :eek: I had a super good cardio session today...amazingly it was after being soo tired that I fell asleep at a couple stoplights...not good...it was even a high carb day! Although I was mighty disappointed with my sweet potatoes, they must not have been so fresh, they weren't as sweet as normal...anyways....:offtopic:

Sandra you look awesome!! You are going to kick some serious butt in 6 days!:ninja: It is so motivating to see you go from 'pre-season' to super ripped super fitness star. One question though...what is the first thing you are going to eat after your show??

Well it's time to put away my groceries and get to bed...so I don't fall asleep driving to work tomorrow!! Oh yeah, and I had a flat tonight so I had to put on the stupid spare one so that means driving slower to work....and crossing my fingers that I properly changed the tire!!:bash:

wickham
05-19-2003, 10:21 AM
Hey Linds, Alisa asked me the same question yesterday at posing practice, and you know what? I haven't really thought about it much! I am so focused on the show itself that I can't even believe there is going to be an "after the show"! Plus, why torture yourself thinking about it now!!!????:bang: I do know from past shows that by the time the end of the night comes, all you want is water-or something else to drink. I know it sounds crazy now when all you're thinking about is eating, but after cutting your water and becoming dehydrated, all you want is liquid!!!! :drooling:

Tungate
05-19-2003, 12:32 PM
Howdy...I am still here! Just no access to a computer for a few days...:(

Thank you Wolverine for the wish of luck!

Training is going awesome...5 weeks out I was a bit of a mess but now I am sooo stoked and so exctied I am loving everything - to the point I can't wait for the next show! :D

Linds...so you are bringing all your after show food? I have a whole "cheat kit" in my freezer but I dunno if I should just leave it until I get home...hmmm.....:scratch:

Ok...well I am off to the gym...I will be on here again tomorrow....hope everyone is doing awesome!! Look forward to see ya'll soon!

Oh and should we do posing on Friday night????

Aight...I'm out....:indian:

Wolverine
05-19-2003, 08:55 PM
welcome! :)

wickham
05-20-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Tungate
[
Linds...so you are bringing all your after show food? I have a whole "cheat kit" in my freezer but I dunno if I should just leave it until I get home...hmmm.....:scratch:
[/B]

tuttut Ashley, did I forget to tell you, we're not letting you have a cheat after the first show....no no no-you have to keep training for the Provincials-:evillaugh

Christine
05-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Christine-behave yourself in Whistler

Ended up ditching the X Games and going to Squamish to Rock climb (or watch... pre contest diet and rock climbing weren't mixing too well. Not enough energy :() with some freinds. WOW, I cant believe how easy it was to camp and stay 'pre-contest'. (even with everyone drinking and eatting crap)... Had my backpack full of chicken and veggies on our all day hikes, took some naps while the guys rock climbed, sprinted up and down boulders, it was awsome! Great to be out of the gym for a weekend! (well, 1/2 a weekend). The best part was showering yesterday- 3 days of being sweaty and dirty add up... :eek:

Well back to reality...

Good luck Sandy at Edmonton (not that you need it), you'll kick some serious ass!!!

Ok, gotta sleep.... so tired!

missfit_canada
05-22-2003, 11:44 AM
Hey everyone!!

Ash - yep I'm bringing some of my cheat stuff to the show. I also have a freezer full of of stuff...I'll bring some chocolate, a few cookies...my wheat thins and Kernels Popcorn!!! My boyfriend can't come now so a friend has decided to come and I think she is baking some stuff to bring too. The funny thing is the friend I am bringing is one of my friends who was not so supportive at first...we party together a lot so the fact that I wasn't going to be drinking all night and then eating pizza and cheap appies wasn't so thrilling to her. But now she is being amazingly supportive and it's awesome!!!

Christine - you are mental for going hiking! Way to go for bringing your chicken and veggies...that must have been funny.

Well it's protein pancake time! It's high carb day...YYYEEEAAHHH!!
Then I'm getting my hair cut, can't wait. I have so many 'esthetic' things to do in the next couple weeks...nails, hair, waxing...the list goes on. what is it now, 16 days out?? Eeek! I can't wait!

:burger:

Tungate
05-22-2003, 04:46 PM
Ok...so apparently Juicy Fruit is my best friend...I thought I was trying to cut back on aspartame....but in replacement of not having dp I am having lots of gum....oi.....:rolleyes:

Sandy....you say I don't get a cheat day?!?!?! OMG!!! :bang: Just kidding...I know you're joking....right? Hee....hee hee..........:confused:

So Linds and Chrsitine....Karey has initiated all of us getting together for posing this week...what do you think??? I think it would be a good idea....

I guess I will bring up a little cheat pack.....but I'll leave the mother load for when I get home....john is planning a picnic for the weekend after....I'm gonna make my smores dammit!

Ok...anywho....everything is going great, I am getting sooo stoked! Oh and Linds...you are getting waxed??? Everything or just certain "areas"....lemme know cos I wouldn't mind knowing who you go to....Sandy, any suggestions? It's just that I am usually a razor girl.....

Talk to ya'll lata'!!!

Ash :clap:

missfit_canada
05-22-2003, 10:19 PM

So Linds and Chrsitine....Karey has initiated all of us getting together for posing this week...what do you think??? I think it would be a good idea....

Ok...anywho....everything is going great, I am getting sooo stoked! Oh and Linds...you are getting waxed??? Everything or just certain "areas"....lemme know cos I wouldn't mind knowing who you go to....Sandy, any suggestions? It's just that I am usually a razor girl.....

Hey,

I haven't heard anything about posing...I'll check Sandy's board though. I've actually been practicing a bit...and I'm going to Whistler on Sunday so I won't be able to make it :(

Waxing...well I'll see what my budget can handle...I'll prob shave my legs and then wax 'other areas' :D I find for me waxing is less irritating...I'll get it done a few days before the show so the redness will be gone. I go to Linda's Urban Spa at 1888 1st St. in Vancouver...they're good and waxing is CHEAP if it's your first time at the spa.; full leg is $28 and Brazilian is $25....sorry guys, I know you probably love this conversation:p

I am getting pretty pumped too....my abs are deciding to show themselves in certain lights...but I'm hooked on Juicy Fruit, sugar free jello, and diet vanilla Coke so it doesn't help them reveal themselves.

I can't wait for my little cheat bag I'm bringing...how many days will we get to relax and eat some 'normal' meals before we hit the hardcore stuff again??

Linds

Tungate
05-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Hey Linds....well I asked Ross a while ago what would happen after the show...my feel is we basically get our cheat days back...not like a whole week or so off the diet....and honestly that TOTALLY makes sense to me.
As hard as it is to diet I want to be in better shape for the provinicials and therefore I don't want to take any steps back...know what I mean???
:strong:

Tungate
05-23-2003, 05:30 PM
Hey quick question Linds....how much is the hotel per night? I am trying to budget everything!!! Eeee!!!!:eek:

missfit_canada
05-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Hey quick question Linds....how much is the hotel per night? I am trying to budget everything!!! Eeee!!!!:eek:

Tell me about it...my budget has gone out the window!! And to make it worse, it's usually my boyfriend who keeps me in line but you know what he said about this competition??!!?? "You shouldn't cheap out on anything"...ahhh! Ok, so read my posting on Sandy's client message board.

Tungate
05-24-2003, 01:29 PM
I checked out the message board...thanks for the info!!! I am going to post about a "dumb dieting moment" I had a while ago...Krista and I were talking about it last night...funny stuff!!!:p

Christine
05-25-2003, 06:05 PM
Hey Girls!

Has anyone ever had a bikini wax before? Im kinda scared of the pain!! :cry:

Tungate
05-26-2003, 10:53 AM
Hey Christine...

I have heard from many girls that it is not as bad as you think. Depening on who's doing it too....some girls here work go to a lady who say that she is so gentle they never feel any pain!

Ash

missfit_canada
05-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Hey Girls!

Has anyone ever had a bikini wax before? Im kinda scared of the pain!! :cry:

Yeah I have had them and I didn't think it hurt and I am a wimp when it comes to pain! Just go to a good place like a nice salon or a spa. I'd get it done a few days ahead of when you are leaving though because your skin does get a bit red, obviously.

This competition is creeping up on me! Now there is no more saying 'at least I still have a month left!'...oh man.

Christine
05-28-2003, 08:53 PM
Ok, I am not ready to compete!!!!! NOT AT ALL!!! I just can't! I can't haul my fat ass up on stage and make people look at me! Im FREAKING out! (I feel sorry for EVERYONE of my freinds because all I have been doing the last few days is bitch about how fat I am!) But seriously, I just can't...

When are we supposed to start sodium/ aspertame/ everything depleting, and everything?? ahh... I dont think I can do this, Im so not ready!!!

:cry: :confused: :bang: :omg:

Wolverine
05-28-2003, 10:12 PM
YOU CAN, YOU WILL, AND YOU"LL KICK ASS!

Tungate
05-30-2003, 11:49 AM
Hey Christine....

Ok first and foremost....is this before or after last night when we all met with Sandy...I am thinking it was before....???

Are you feeling better now? Did you talk to Sandy about this??? Honestly....we have all come SOOO far and even though I too have my moments where I don't feel ready, the bottom line is I have worked HARD to get to where I am and no matter what the judges say I know I will look (in my eyes) awesome compared to where I was 16 weeks ago! Thanks to everything Sandy has done for me I have achieved more then I thought possible....a year ago I never thought I would be doing fitness - and here I am!!

So personally I think you should get up there and be proud...just the other day Ross said to me...."Ashley only you know how hard you have worked"....and that was said after me being worried about what the judges would think and the outcome etc....it made me realize that no matter what, I have done great and deserve to be on that stage and so do you!

the doc
05-30-2003, 12:20 PM
:lurk:

you guys are funny! WAX ON, WAX OFF :D

Tryska
05-30-2003, 12:42 PM
aspartame depletion?

Maki Riddington
05-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Ya, no diet pop and jello,:D ;) or should I say :( ?

Tryska
05-30-2003, 02:46 PM
does that affect how you look?

i mean i know nutrasweet has some sort of insulin mimicing thing...

the doc
05-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Do you guys even know what aspartame is? it is a dipeptide (aspartic acid and phenylalanine) methyl ester. Would you deplete amino acids? I doubt it.

It has no insulin mimicing properties except that consumption of massive amounts (multigram quantities) would stimulate insulin in the same manner that consumption of large amounts of whey would. The thing is that aspartame is many many times sweeter than sugar thus there is actually very little in a packet of equal

perhaps we should add this to the list of the other hundreds of BBing myths and legends

Tryska
05-30-2003, 03:09 PM
cool. thanks doc! love when you come in with the voice of reason. ;)

the doc
05-30-2003, 03:50 PM
:smoke:

Christine
05-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Do you guys even know what aspartame is?

Ok, I meant cut it out because it causes bloating.... Sorry I wasn't correct!! ;)

Christine
05-30-2003, 09:52 PM
I have done great and deserve to be on that stage and so do you!

Hey Ash!

Ya, I feel WAAAAAAY better after yesterday! I was just having a freak out week..... but your right, I am proud of what I have accomplished, and I have worked DAMN hard! And its only my first one, so I can only get better, right!?

We will have sooo much fun, no matter what!!

Wolverine
05-31-2003, 05:55 PM
That's the attitude I like to see Christine! :moon:

Christine
05-31-2003, 08:53 PM
Go Fort St.John girls go!!!! hehe

missfit_canada
06-02-2003, 08:19 PM
The countdown is on...5 days?? Eeek! I'm excited though...and even more excited for the dinner after the show!! lol
I love my suits...especially my one piece.
Christine, you'll do fine. Too bad we probably won't be in the same height class or we could make each other laugh on stage...actually, I am planning on being totally focused or I will forget what I am supposed to do!
Well, time to cook up some sweet potatoes...I am so addicted to them! But I do miss my Juicy Fruit....5 more days and I will get my sweet fix...I have a shoe box full of treats to bring...plus a tin of baking...plus Kernels popcorn (which I am most excited for)...I know I won't eat it all but the point is I can if I want to!! Ok, no more of this junk food talk, must stay focused on how good chicken and sweet potatoes are....mmmmm.

Tungate
06-03-2003, 03:07 PM
Hey everyone how are things? I am doing alright....just trying to get through my 8 litres of water....oi.....

I have so many little things to do in the next couple of days....but slowly things are all coming together....way until you see my costume - I am soooo happy with it!!!:D

And yes it is only days away where we can enjoy "more" food....I am looking forward to things like fruit and peanut butter....and my high carb protein bar the day of the show is gonna rule!

As for the aspartame...I have dropped a little water since I stopped...so YES it does change your physique slightly....so screw that toxin for now, I got a show to go to!

wickham
06-04-2003, 06:29 PM
Hey! Glad to see you girls are still pumpin' each other up-time for our mini-competition/dress rehearsal...I'm excited to see everyone's suits, routines etc!!!
Just a note on the aspartame/sweetners-when we are getting ready for a show, aspartame creates two problems- 1) it raises your insulin levels-anything sweet is going to raise your insulin levels-your body doesn't know the difference between "fake" sweet and real sweet-so while it doesn't have the cals that sugar does, it can have an affect-we're talking minor details here, but when competing, we're all about the details and 2) the main reason to cut it out for stage, is that it does cause water retention, so when we are peaking for a show we cut it out about a week before. Most bodybuilders/fitness competitors do this, it affects people differently though! I've cut it out in for about the last half of my competitions (about 5 contests) and I can see the difference!
Alright girls, you're going to ROCK!!:thumbup:

Wolverine
06-04-2003, 06:56 PM
just wanted to say good luck to all of you competing!!!!!!

Franjipani
06-08-2003, 01:51 PM
*bump*

After reading this thread in its entirety Its difficult not to get caught up in the excitement of it all..... I'd love for somebody to enlighten me as to how it all went????:D.

Ohhh and I too found Sandra's website very informative:thumbup:.

missfit_canada
06-10-2003, 04:32 PM
We all did real well at the competition...all of Sandra's girls will be going to the provincials in September!
I had such a blast and I can't wait to start training for September. I think Sandy is going to put some pics on her website when she gets them so check them out!

Wolverine
06-10-2003, 09:34 PM
thanks for the update missfit! congrats to all and good luck at provincials!!

the doc
06-13-2003, 04:53 PM
Hey! Glad to see you girls are still pumpin' each other up-time for our mini-competition/dress rehearsal...I'm excited to see everyone's suits, routines etc!!!
Just a note on the aspartame/sweetners-when we are getting ready for a show, aspartame creates two problems- 1) it raises your insulin levels-anything sweet is going to raise your insulin levels-your body doesn't know the difference between "fake" sweet and real sweet-so while it doesn't have the cals that sugar does, it can have an affect-we're talking minor details here, but when competing, we're all about the details and 2) the main reason to cut it out for stage, is that it does cause water retention, so when we are peaking for a show we cut it out about a week before. Most bodybuilders/fitness competitors do this, it affects people differently though! I've cut it out in for about the last half of my competitions (about 5 contests) and I can see the difference!
Alright girls, you're going to ROCK!!:thumbup:

what evidence do you have regarding the insulinogenic nature of aspartame? is there a scientific study which reaches these conclusions?

wickham
06-13-2003, 09:38 PM

what evidence do you have regarding the insulinogenic nature of aspartame? is there a scientific study which reaches these conclusions?

There have been TONS of scientific studies on aspartame, it's effects on insulin, as well as the health risks. You have some extremists who want to have aspartame completely banned who believe it contributes to a Parkinson's-like disease. They claim many Parkinson's patients are misdiagnosed and actually are suffering from aspartame poisoning. Diet soft drinks are held as the worst because they are more rapidly absorbed and reach higher blood levels. As for insulin, you only need to look at research with diabetics to prove the "insulinogenic nature" of aspartame. DOCTOR CHRIS LYDON (writes for Oxygen Magazine) has a great article she wrote after indepth research into aspartame in which she states "Many diabetics experienced difficulties specifically attributed to ingestion of aspartame products...symptoms improve once aspartame products are discontinued". She goes on to say "Phenylalanine and aspartic acid, found in aspartame, stimulate the release of insulin. Rapid, strong spikes in insulin remove all glucose from the blood-stream and store it as fat. This can result in hypoglycemia and sugar cravings. Additionally, it has been demonstrated to inhibit carbohydrate induced synthesis of the neurotransmitter serotonin, which signals that the body is satiated. Inhibition of serotonin leads to food cravings, increased carbohydrate consumption and, ultimately, weight gain. In a recent study, a control group switching to an aspartame-free diet resulted in an average weight loss of 19 pounds". Of course everyone has their own opinions, and despite the research on the health risks to diabetics and everyone else, the FDA and American Diabetes Assoc continue to condone the use of aspartame. Whether you use products with aspartame or not is completely a personal choice.

Alex.V
06-14-2003, 01:24 PM
We all did real well at the competition...all of Sandra's girls will be going to the provincials in September!
I had such a blast and I can't wait to start training for September. I think Sandy is going to put some pics on her website when she gets them so check them out!

A belated congratulations, ladies! :cool:

missfit_canada
06-26-2003, 10:09 PM
This thread has been pretty quiet lately...and I like seeing it at the top of the list so I thought it was time to post something.

Back at the gym 100% now and loving it! I can't wait for provincials and they feel so far away...but that's good because that gives me more time to improve!

Christine, Ash...how's training coming along??

Christine
06-27-2003, 09:33 PM
I feel FAT! I had a cheat day today... I swear, I gained 10lbs!! Soooooo fat!!!!!

But besides that, good. LOL.... Im tired, gotta go to bed....'

Im glad you started this Linds!! :) We need to get together!!!!

XOXO

Wolverine
06-28-2003, 06:14 PM
:hello: hi ladies........... :)

Christine
06-28-2003, 07:26 PM
hi ladies...........

:clap: Hi!!

Wolverine
06-29-2003, 09:27 AM
Christine, did any pics of the show get posted yet?

Franjipani
06-30-2003, 12:36 PM
Christine, did any pics of the show get posted yet?

:withstupi

missfit_canada
07-12-2003, 04:40 AM
Hey everyone!!

Check out Sandy's site...she has a couple pics from the ft st john competition up and there's more to come!
Anyone from Vancouver planning on coming to watch the BC's in September??

Working the graveyards...:redface: ....great for training. Last one then I will sleep for 3 days...lol.

Wolverine
07-12-2003, 06:32 PM
great pics! all of you ladies look great and glad to hear you all did so well. good luck at your next show!

oh and franjipani, why am i stupid? for asking when the pics would be on Sandra's site?

fitness queen
07-13-2003, 12:47 AM
Make sure to keep checking back to her site for more pictures, she is putting new ones up. Can any of you guess who we are, there are four of us members on that site. :strong:

Mystic Eric
07-13-2003, 01:05 AM
Hey everyone!!

Check out Sandy's site...she has a couple pics from the ft st john competition up and there's more to come!
Anyone from Vancouver planning on coming to watch the BC's in September??

Working the graveyards...:redface: ....great for training. Last one then I will sleep for 3 days...lol.

I'll come! That is, if I have time of course ;)

wickham
07-14-2003, 03:40 PM
Hello! As soon as I get more details about the BC's I'll post it up here. We're going to be helping out with the fitness and figure portion of the show, including posting the competitors names, bio's and pics on our websites. That way we can get people excited about coming to see the show, as well as get some exposure for the girls. Hope everyone's training is going well-I'm looking forward to the posing sessions starting up again next week!!!!:cool:

Christine
07-16-2003, 09:30 AM
Ok, kinda scared to put a bikini on again... I dont know, its just scarry!! But Im pumped to see everyone again, so Im going to TRY to get out of the dumb ass family thing and come on sunday...

Sandy- cant wait to see you and Ross tonight! It has been forever! Just gotta find my diet journal.... lost it yesterday...

Ok, off to the airport! Gotta drop of my freind, Im glad things will go back to 'normal' and I can concentrate 100% again on diet/ training!!! :)

wickham
07-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Can't wait to see you too, Christine. Okay, off topic, but is anyone watching "Last Comic Standing"? I think it's just hilarious! Go Dat Phan!:D

Christine
07-20-2003, 09:59 PM
YAY, Im glad we have our sunday posing practise again! Its good to see everyone!

off topic-:offtopic: Why are there so many retarded guys out there?! Honestly, why!? So I have decided to give up on them untill after Im done competing this season! No more energy spent thinking about there stupidness... and NO MORE ROCK CLIMBING BOYS!!! :cry: anyway, sorry about that, I just had to vent and no ones home, and I cant get a hold of anyone... :bang:

Cant wait for cardio tommorow morning...:scratch:

Mystic Eric
07-20-2003, 10:47 PM

off topic-:offtopic: Why are there so many retarded guys out there?! Honestly, why!? So I have decided to give up on them untill after Im done competing this season! No more energy spent thinking about there stupidness... and NO MORE ROCK CLIMBING BOYS!!! :cry: anyway, sorry about that, I just had to vent and no ones home, and I cant get a hold of anyone... :bang:

Cant wait for cardio tommorow morning...:scratch:

lol not *ALL* guys are stupid.

Btw, you gals should really post on the other sections of this board like training, diet, general chat etc. There's nothing that says fitness competitors can only post in the competitors thread :p

Manveet
07-20-2003, 10:54 PM

Btw, you gals should really post on the other sections of this board like training, diet, general chat etc. There's nothing that says fitness competitors can only post in the competitors thread :p

Mystic Eric
07-20-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Manveet

Unfortunately, my quote of not all guys being idiots doesn't apply to that guy (Manveet) :cool:

Christine
07-21-2003, 07:19 PM

Ok, Im sorry! I know, not ALL GUYS are stupid... it was just a really bad day... There are some good ones... :D

wickham
07-21-2003, 07:39 PM
Christine, we need to find you a nice, bodybuilding boy!

Christine
07-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Christine, we need to find you a nice, bodybuilding boy!

LOL, YES! I agree Sandy! ;)

Mystic Eric
07-21-2003, 11:05 PM

LOL, YES! I agree Sandy! ;)

Well I know this guy, Mike, who's your age and is a "body building" guy... kinda and he's a pretty nice guy if he's not drunk... how about it? ;)

missfit_canada
07-22-2003, 12:49 PM

Well I know this guy, Mike, who's your age and is a "body building" guy... kinda and he's a pretty nice guy if he's not drunk... how about it? ;)

Ok the pretty nice guy if he's not drunk sets off alarms here...
Hey, aren't you single??:D
Christine...we'll sneak in the guys change room at the BC's and find you a guy to hunt down at the afterparty!! lol

wickham
07-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Lindsey!!! You crack me up!!!!:bow:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mystic Eric
07-22-2003, 08:01 PM

Ok the pretty nice guy if he's not drunk sets off alarms here...
Hey, aren't you single??:D
Christine...we'll sneak in the guys change room at the BC's and find you a guy to hunt down at the afterparty!! lol

lol I am single, but judging by the pics of Christine on Wickham's website, she's too beautiful for me to talk to :redface:

Christine
07-22-2003, 09:52 PM
lol I am single, but judging by the pics of Christine on Wickham's website, she's too beautiful for me to talk to

OH, your too kind! ;)

Linds- I like your way of thinking!!! LOL :D

Christine
07-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Linds, where were you today? We missed you!!

wickham
07-31-2003, 10:30 PM
So, Christine, are you feeling better about the opposite sex yet? Or are they all still doggie dogs???:hump:

Mystic Eric
07-31-2003, 11:47 PM
So, Christine, are you feeling better about the opposite sex yet? Or are they all still doggie dogs???:hump:

:eek: :scratch:

missfit_canada
08-01-2003, 12:39 AM
Linds, where were you today? We missed you!!

Well....I thought I had the day off but apparently I didn't check the schedule in a while and there had been a change...oh well, what was I thinking anyways? Me have a day off?? Only once every couple weeks.
I'm still not feeling ready for a bikini though, lol. Will I ever feel ready?
I'm finally just getting settled in the new place...kind of. Now all we need is couches! Also, my super good friend is going to be living with us until December which will be great. She's so supportive of my competing, and as an athlete and personal trainer herself she actually understands why I do what I do and doesn't question or criticize!!:D I need more of those people in my life...but I will be living with two of them so I shouldn't complain.
Okay, time to cook and unpack more boxes.
Can't we drag more of the girls into this conversation?? Maybe in the next few days I'll post some messages on other websites and we can get some more competition chat going on in here!!

Mystic Eric
08-01-2003, 12:41 AM

Well....I thought I had the day off but apparently I didn't check the schedule in a while and there had been a change...oh well, what was I thinking anyways? Me have a day off?? Only once every couple weeks.
I'm still not feeling ready for a bikini though, lol. Will I ever feel ready?
I'm finally just getting settled in the new place...kind of. Now all we need is couches! Also, my super good friend is going to be living with us until December which will be great. She's so supportive of my competing, and as an athlete and personal trainer herself she actually understands why I do what I do and doesn't question or criticize!!:D I need more of those people in my life...but I will be living with two of them so I shouldn't complain.
Okay, time to cook and unpack more boxes.
Can't we drag more of the girls into this conversation?? Maybe in the next few days I'll post some messages on other websites and we can get some more competition chat going on in here!!

So you're still alive!! Where have you been? I've missed you :redface:

wickham
08-01-2003, 03:28 PM

:eek: :scratch:

Christine was going through an "I hate men" phase....

wickham
08-01-2003, 03:37 PM
I said a while back that when I got more information about the BC Provincial Fitness, Figure and Bodybuilding Championships that I'd post it up-so here it is! :strong:

SATURDAY SEPT 6TH
PREJUDGING- 9:30AM / EVENING SHOW -6:00PM
MICHAEL J. FOX THEATRE
7373 MACPHERSON AVE.,
BURNABY, BC.

If you want to come, tickets are now available at ticketmaster and can be purchased through their website at http://www.ticketmaster.ca
or by calling 604-280-4444.
PREJUDGING - $15 EVENING - $35 Prejudging & Evening Together $40
We're helping to organize the fitness and figure portion of the show this year-we have pics from last year, a list of competitors for this year, their photos, bios, and some pics from the season all on our site. Check it out!:cool:

Christine
08-02-2003, 09:43 PM
So, Christine, are you feeling better about the opposite sex yet? Or are they all still doggie dogs???

Well, Im still not sure... :scratch: I dont HATE them... just some confuse the hell out of me!... and some are retarded.... LOL ;)

missfit_canada
08-04-2003, 01:27 PM

So you're still alive!! Where have you been? I've missed you :redface:

Moving...working....working....going to the gym...working...eating...working...and my computer also sucks. Getting a new one in the next couple of weeks.

Christine
08-04-2003, 11:12 PM
So, Christine, are you feeling better about the opposite sex yet? Or are they all still doggie dogs???

Today my feelings on this topic are that I LOVE them! :) hehehe..
:D :p :thumbup:

missfit_canada
08-06-2003, 09:00 PM

Today my feelings on this topic are that I LOVE them! :) hehehe..
:D :p :thumbup:

LOL, you're hilarious.
By the way, how's training going?? Email me...I haven't heard from you in ages!!

wickham
08-07-2003, 10:01 AM
Hopefully everyone will come to posing this week and everybody can get caught up!! ;)

missfit_canada
08-14-2003, 02:02 AM
Hey everyone!

Ahhh! Almost 3 weeks out from the compeition...and I am craving peanutbutter and chocolate in a BIG way!! Dieting this time around has been more difficult...but I'm looking forward to the night after the competition and then I'm going out for brunch before I start dieting for my next and final competition of the year!! It's a lot of dieting but knowing how great my treats (and even 'normal' food) will taste after I'm done is great motivation!!

How's everyone doing?? It's getting pretty quiet around here again :)

For everyone who is competing in the BC's I hope training is going well...
For those of you who live in BC and aren't competing get your tickets from ticketmaster soon...bring your friends and cheer us on!! (And get motivated to compete next year:) !! )

wickham
08-14-2003, 09:38 AM
Well Linds, "you've come a long way baby":cool: , and it's been a great season so far!! Not much longer now, and it will ALL be worth it!!! How 'bout fitness next year?? (I know, I keep buggin you about it...;) ) Any other figure girls wanna switch to fitness??

Christine
08-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Well, not sure about fitness, but im loving this figure thing!

But man, I cant stop swearing! I dont know if its the dieting or stress of job/ family @!&%, but all I do is swear... I cant stop!

:swear:

Ok, I just need to calm down... only 3 weeks left! But I think I hit a plateau again... I cant get leaner!! :cry:

wickham
08-16-2003, 09:50 AM
Take a deep breath girl! You've made HUGE improvements in the last few weeks-don't worry, we'll go over all your program stuff etc on Sunday, and I'll bet 'the farm' that you are leaner since last week but you just can't see it!!!:D

Mystic Eric
08-16-2003, 04:29 PM
Well, not sure about fitness, but im loving this figure thing!

But man, I cant stop swearing! I dont know if its the dieting or stress of job/ family @!&%, but all I do is swear... I cant stop!

:swear:

Ok, I just need to calm down... only 3 weeks left! But I think I hit a plateau again... I cant get leaner!! :cry:

Ya, I love your figure as wel.... errrrm never mind... tuttut :angel: :hide:

Christine
08-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Sandy, mabe once I get some sleep I will feel better about myself. Because honestly, this week I just feel so fat and ugly.

Ya, I love your figure as wel.... errrrm never mind...

hehe... your funny :D

missfit_canada
08-17-2003, 10:33 PM
Christine....I know what you are talking about...somedays I feel like I'm gaining weight, not losing it! But how is that possible since I've been spending 100 hours a day at the gym? I hope it's just my mind being a jerk.
I can't wait for the competition...I still just don't feel graceful in my shoes...or lean enough...but whatever, it will be fun and I can't wait to eat my popcorn and chocolate!!!!:D :birthday: :clap:
:lurk:

missfit_canada
08-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Well Linds, "you've come a long way baby":cool: , and it's been a great season so far!! Not much longer now, and it will ALL be worth it!!! How 'bout fitness next year?? (I know, I keep buggin you about it...;) ) Any other figure girls wanna switch to fitness??

Fitness next year? Probably...but I'll keep doing figure too. I think fitness would be a good challenge...I'm just not sure how far I could go with it. But it would be super fun to try.
Can't wait for the routine conditioning course!

wickham
08-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Speaking of the routine conditioning course, I've had lots of interest already and just sent out the newsletter letting the girls know that space is limited-obviously you girls have first dibs, but let me know if you want to be in the course!!
:hump: :bow: :strong: :whip: :clap: :bang: :drooling: :bash: :cry: :eek:
(all the smilies I could find that would relate to the classes...)

missfit_canada
09-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Ahh the provincials were a blast! I had such a great time that I decided to do one more show...you know, dehydration and low carbs = forgetting how fun the dieting and morning cardio is. Ahh well, I'm pumped for the Ironman.
Everyone can check out pics on www.bcmuscle.com!

fitnessmiss
02-02-2004, 05:41 PM
guys, hi I'm new here... competing in my first show in 15 weeks... wondering if any of you have done or would recommend CKD for my diet structure (its a figure/fitness show) and I'm competing in both... thanks

Saint Patrick
02-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Well I've never done a CKD, but here's some articles:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=34&pageid=1

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=45

Good luck on your upcoming show!

cassandra1121
04-01-2004, 06:43 AM
hi i am new to the forum, my fiancee introduced me to this website, him and i are both big on lifting, i've been tempted to do a fitness pageant or something like that...but I am no gymnast!!! but i have the discipline to do it, as well as my fiancee to help me plan everything...what are they like? can anyone give me info on how to get to be the last ones standing? what do they score you on? also if anyone has any good websites that has this information, i'd love to look at them. i probably sound so ignorant, but like i said i am new, and could use and would appreciate any advice :-)

cassandra1121
04-01-2004, 06:46 AM
ok another dumb question on my part, what is the difference between figure and fitness competitions???

Max-Mex
04-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Figure is just posing. 2 piece and 1 piece. Fitness is that + routine and some other power moves. Fitness competitors generally are more muscular. Figure is all about shape.

raniali
04-01-2004, 12:27 PM
from the shows i have been to - figure is one of the largest classes in general and there is usually no one in fitness. so even if you are not a gymnast, attempting to put together any type of routine will ensure you win in the fitness area.
they don't do anything but stand there in figure comps. classes are based on height (without shoes) and you are allowed to be as flashy as you desire (which will help your placing). too much muscle and you will not place favorably. figure was instituted mainly to get women into bb competitions and thereby increase audience size. if you love to lift - why not try a bb comp instead?

the doc
04-02-2004, 06:35 AM
figure is there to bring in more drooling men to comps..

i agree with ali, if you love to lift, look into a BBing competition
some comps are strictly tested if you are natural, others are not so pick your flavour
:)

cassandra1121
04-02-2004, 12:53 PM
so figure would be the easiest to start out with. i really do not want to get big. Raniali..I like your nickname Boobalowski lol...thats pretty funny. too bad when i turned 18 my best guy friend gave me a card saying "you've just become a member of the itty bitty titty club" lol. i'm still small, but not as small as i was then lol. i don't know why i just shared that, i just thought of that when i saw that. but anyways yeah i think i will do something like figure.

raniali
04-08-2004, 12:26 PM
as long as the ibtc isn't a violent gang, then we can all get along. ;)

if you want to enter into any kind of show, i suggest you first start by going to local comps to see what competition entails and what the judges are looking for if you want to place in the top. for figure, you need to be lean, and show some muscularity -- but too lean or too much muscle is not good. they are looking for the entire feminine package in figure. hair, makeup, poise, walk, tan and flattering suit and shoes. you will have to practice your walk in 4inch heels and how to stand appropriately. other than that, it should be easy to stand there, smile and look beautiful.