PDA

View Full Version : Cardio and Bulking

BradK249
04-10-2003, 10:04 AM
I have a question about doing cardio while im bulking. I got headaches while doing WBB #1, my doctor said it may be a result of high blood pressure and that I should start running about 15 minutes each day. My questions are when should I run on workout days, before or after the workout, and if after how long after, and will it effect my bulking, I would think not because it isn't that much running.

MrWebb78
04-10-2003, 10:07 AM
it wont effect your bulking as long as your eating enough calories

remember that you gain weight when you consume more calories than you burn

nuthin wrong with running after a workout, just finish lifting, then walk over to the treadmill and run, but no longer than 15 mins(my guess), and drink your shake right afterwards

Holto
04-10-2003, 10:14 AM
depending on how long your workout is running at the end could be very catabolic

if you can get the whole thing in within 1hr then go with what was stated above

arjun
04-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Do you guys think it would be a better idea to do cardio before or after?

If i do it before i get to warm all my muscles up, and get my bood pumping, but i dont have as much energy in lifting. If i do it after i can use more energy for lifting, but im kinda stiff and my muscles get strained a bit more.

Behemoth
04-10-2003, 02:37 PM
I definetly wouldn't waste any energy for my workout. But if you want to run first to loosen up and you have a lack of energy afterwards, try taking an ECA stack. That oughtta do the trick.

Hey BradK249, do you live in the city of pitt? I'm about 45 minutes west in beaver county.

Berserker
04-10-2003, 03:00 PM
I would do it afterwards. Since I work out at home I break it up. actually I really don't do cardio. I walk the dog, do yard work, shovel, split wood, ect..
I would want all my energy for my working out, that should be your priority.

BradK249
04-10-2003, 05:50 PM
I live in Pittsburgh, I live in Edgewood, but right now I'm in Oakland at the University of Pittsburgh.