PDA

View Full Version : pumpkin seeds

PaulB
04-11-2003, 07:03 PM
ok ive moved on from the sunflower seeds because i was told pumpkin ones are better for you (they actually have the same nutrients as the sunflower seeds i was eating)
so anyways, the nutritional facts on the back of the bag, are they including the shell or what? it says you can eat them either way with the shell or without.

Ironman8
04-11-2003, 09:55 PM
I believe it's inculding the shell.

Ritzol
04-12-2003, 07:42 AM
Oh man..... pumpkin seeds are the ****. One of the great things about Halloween. I ate a hgue bag one time before I realized they were high in fat... ahh...

And yes, Ironman is right the nutrition includes the shell, and
I'm not sure why you wouldn't wanna eat that. Seems like it'd be kinda hard to break each one.

Ironman8
04-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Ritzol
I ate a hgue bag one time before I realized they were high in fat... ahh...

LOL! That sucks.

AJ_11
04-13-2003, 02:13 AM
It good fat though. I wouldn't be conserned. You prob upped your cals thoug.

heathj
04-13-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Ritzol
Seems like it'd be kinda hard to break each one.

I guess you haven't played baseball. You get used to a big wad in your mouth, and seperating each one, breaking each one seperately, and then spitting it out. Piece o' cake ;)

Ironman8
04-13-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by heathj
You get used to a big wad in your mouth, and seperating each one, breaking each one seperately, and then spitting it out. Piece o' cake ;)

LOL! If I did that, I would probably choke :D

PaulB
04-14-2003, 12:16 AM
i do that with sunflower seeds, pumpkin ones are too hard to crack. dump like 5-8 sunflower seeds, and they last me about 5 minutes. i suck all the flavor off first.