PDA

View Full Version : Mass and Lean?

bluehaus
08-05-2001, 11:36 PM
Hey all,

I'm a couple of months into a new routine where I'm going for the apparent impossible. Gain size while staying lean. Some say it can't be done, but others do. I've done some research on it and although tricky, seems it can be done. All that being said, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my routine/diet. Could it be improved? Am I doing something wrong? What do you think about this? For the record, I'm 26, 6'0, 204lbs.

Routine
Monday:
Chest, Tri's, Abs and Cardio (average 25mins)

Tuesday:
Thighs, Calves, Lower Back, Abs and Cardio

Wednesday:
Cardio

Thursday:
Shoulders, Traps, Abs and Cardio

Friday:
Back, Bi's Forearms, Abs and Cardio

Weekends off

Diet (roughly)
6am (after short morning run)
Protein Shake and PB Sandwhich

9am
Oatmeal with Banana

12pm (big meal)
Brown Rice, Chicken and Asparagus
(Baked Potato/Top Round Steak/Peas, or anything along tese lines)

3pm
Toast/Bagel (whole wheat) with PB, and Tuna (not IN the sandwhich)

7:30pm (after workout)
Sandwhich (PB, Roast Beef, Turkey, Chicken, etc...) and Fruit
(Creatine in Grape Juice as well)

9pm (big meal)
Potatoes/Rice/Pasta and Veggies, Chicken

Thanks for your time ppls.

(I've posted this in Training as well since it deals with that also. Sorry for the double post, I hope this is ok though)

YatesNightBlade
08-07-2001, 03:04 AM
Aviod so much bread and you should be having 30 - 50g of protein every 3 hours.

Split the cardio so you not doing it with your weights.

bluehaus
08-07-2001, 07:48 AM
Why spilt the cardio up so it's not with the weights?

IceRgrrl
08-07-2001, 08:41 AM
If you do cardio before weights, you won't be able to put 100% of your energy into your lifting. If you do weights before cardio, you're going to be fatigued for your cardio. In short, it's too much all at once.

Since they are two very different exercises, it's best to separate them in order to get the max. benefit.

Also, some people find that cardio the day after lifting helps them recover...

bluehaus
08-07-2001, 08:53 AM
So what if I just did cardio on the weekends and Wednesday instead of what I have. Would that be better?

HighlyFanatic
09-01-2001, 06:51 PM
dude im from Edmonton too

syntekz
09-01-2001, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by bluehaus
So what if I just did cardio on the weekends and Wednesday instead of what I have. Would that be better?

That'd be perfect.

bluehaus
09-01-2001, 10:26 PM
Excellent! I've got a month left before my 90-Day Transformation contest comes to an end. So far I've gained 20 pounds and now I'm trying to cut what's there up! Wish me luck. I'll let you guys know how I do.

HighlyFanatic, right on. It's always good to see another fellow E-Town citizen online!

Nights
09-01-2001, 11:14 PM
From calgary.. and I have to agree with the comment that you can't put your all into it if you do weights after cardio. Did three hours of dancing (r&b, baby!) last night.. and couldn't do **** in my workout today. 'course, the four hours of sleep, and the few drinks could've also been the cause. Doubtful, though.
B.

Tryska
09-02-2001, 09:59 AM
if you are trting to cut up now, you might want to cut those carbs back some.....they aren't exactly conducive to your goals....