PDA

View Full Version : How long do you guys stay on CKD for when cutting?

TiGeR AK
04-14-2003, 09:27 PM
i was just wondering because i just finished my first month of CKD.. and wanted to know how long (on average) most people stay on CKD for.

Is it something that you can use long term as in 6 months - 1 year... or maybe 2 months at a time?

bradley
04-15-2003, 02:38 AM
From what I have read the main reason not to stay on the ketogenic diet for the long term is the lack of information about the diet in the long run. I am not saying that it would be harmful to do so but once you reach your fat loss goal I would switch back to a more balanced diet.

Ironman8
04-15-2003, 06:52 AM
1 year on CKD? Not many people can maintain their sanity when on CKD for that long :)

Berserker
04-15-2003, 03:03 PM
1 year would take a lot of discipline. Maybe even a compulsive disorder. The problem with carb restricted diets, beside not eating carbs, is its hard to fit into society. When I was on it, I went out snowmobiling stopped at a bar to get something to eat. Sure you can just eat the burger and throw out the bun, but I am not secure enough in my manhood. If you eat in public it is tough.

Scott S
04-15-2003, 08:29 PM
This is anecdotal, but Dr Atkins has had patients on his plan for 30 years who are apparently in great health. According to him, their cholesterol balances are great.

It would be cool if other organizations would do some long-term studies to check Atkins' findings.

- Scott