PDA

View Full Version : Some Cool Pics

chris mason
04-15-2003, 11:17 AM
Some cool pictures the bodybuilding lovers should appreciate:

http://ironage.us/fineprint/afbb-ifbb.jpg

This one is for El Pietro and our argument about cuts without training apparatus:

http://ironage.us/fineprint/platz1.jpg

Arnold circa 1974, probably his best:

http://ironage.us/fineprint/march75MBP/Other%20Mag-pg36.jpg

A very ripped man back in the day:

http://ironage.us/fineprint/march75MBP/pierre.jpg

A young Franco:

http://ironage.us/fineprint/1-03-II/franco76.jpg

Bam Bam
04-15-2003, 11:20 AM
how old is that kid?

chris mason
04-15-2003, 11:32 AM
Do you mean Padilla? Lol, he is just short, not a kid!

Rock
04-15-2003, 12:37 PM
I think Roger Callard should have won that first one, he looked amazing.

that super ripped guy is pierre vandensteen I think, god damn he is ripped.

chris mason
04-15-2003, 04:17 PM
You know, I must say, it always surprises me that more people here don't comment about pictures like these. I would think that anyone interested in bodybuilding (and I assume there must be a few here) would think these pictures were cool. Well, I guess it is just different strokes for different folks.

EdgarMex
04-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Those are pretty cool pics, Chris, I like their looks much better than modern bodybuilders

body
04-15-2003, 04:33 PM
that picture of piere.

his stomach is very ripped.
how deep do you think those cuts are? or the lighting makes his abs look bigger than they are?

Alex.V
04-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Platz's legs.... jesus. Still some of the best, by any standards.

Rock
04-15-2003, 04:40 PM
So true, I wonder how he looks today, Mr.Platz.

Isaac Wilkins
04-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Franco looks impressive in the pre-Olympia shot. Certainly not up to our current GH, slin, dnp, lasix standards, but amazing. Both competitors look a touch small in the legs, but having seen Franco's strength, I'm not going to argue with him about it. ;)

I like the thick, athletic look. He really pulls that off.

:thumbup:

Maki Riddington
04-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by chris mason
You know, I must say, it always surprises me that more people here don't comment about pictures like these. I would think that anyone interested in bodybuilding (and I assume there must be a few here) would think these pictures were cool. Well, I guess it is just different strokes for different folks.

*** Chris, I think that we share the same enthusiasm for the bodybuilders back in the day. The more I see these kind of pics the more I come to respect and admire what hard work, dedication and determination is all about. Now, I don't say this to take way from the bodybuilders of todays era, but the amount of drugs that were used in the past compared to the present, is like night and day.

Nice pics, very motivational.

MrWebb78
04-15-2003, 05:05 PM
bodybuilding is WAY too hypocritical, to the point where it insults our intelligence. are we really to believe that steroids are NOT involved in today's competitors? are we to believe that they are healthy people? are we too believe that all they take are andro poppers by pinnacle for 1896% more testosterone?

its all BS, I really liked following it a few years back when i first started lifting and getting into it, but its just too phony. they all just want to endorse the next supplement, to lie to young lifters who will misuse the product and get hurt, but oh well, they got their paycheck right?

how can they say diuretics and steroids are tested for and not allowed? and were supposed to sit back and just say "oh well he eats alot of food so hes that big"

just too much garbage

Manveet
04-15-2003, 05:18 PM
I have really come to appreciate the old school bb'ers. Their physiques are simply amazing. Jeez, those legs on Platz are crazy.

Ruthless
04-15-2003, 06:16 PM
very motivational pics there.

Big Show
04-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by chris mason

My tastes have changed that's all,you could probably appreciate pics like that since you used to compete.But for me the appeal just isn't there like it used to be when I was younger.

The physiques that catch my eye more nowdays are physiques that are attainable to the average person.Plus I pump iron for fun,to look like that would risk taking all the fun out of bodybuilding for me:)

2hrd4u
04-15-2003, 10:59 PM
I'm always so amazed at Platz's legs, period.Unreal!
That guys Abs are so deep its sick,can't get better than that.
Arnold and Franco sweet. Franco loooks THICK.
Thanks for the pics,I love the old guys,they have more of a realistic muscle.No hardcore gh bellies.

ask
04-16-2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah, what's up with the bloated bellies of today's bodybuilders?

Man, imagine if these guys, the cream of the crop, had known how far bodybuilding would evolve!

All those pics are fantastic.

chris mason
04-16-2003, 05:43 PM
I agree about Platz, his legs were/are the most incredible I have ever seen.

Personally, I think Franco looks absolutely awesome in that last pic. His thickness and rock hard quality is just awesome.

I am glad to see some folks who appreciate these guys.

Reinier
04-17-2003, 07:36 AM
Those people look amazing its almost artistic like Michelangelo`s stuff. That picture of Franco Columbu is great. I can only wonder what it would feel like to look like that.

To think hes also a Dr, a boxing champ and an actor (ok maybe not serious drama actor) is amazing. Very accomplished man.

Hard to know about his personality but from Pumping Iron he seems cool.

orbital
04-18-2003, 12:19 AM
Franco looks amazing as always. The best short frame BB'er ever.

Blitzforce
04-18-2003, 05:13 AM
more

ARnie and Sergio!

Blitzforce
04-18-2003, 05:15 AM
Sergio is a freak