PDA

View Full Version : to eat or not to eat

mikey4402
04-15-2003, 05:31 PM
during a bulking state is it better to just eat everything even though its not the best food for you. or should i just limit myself to good food.

Ironman8
04-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Eat clean. You're putting on size, not trying to clog your arteries :)

mikey4402
04-15-2003, 05:45 PM
im not saying like eat a whole bag of doritos for dinner im asking is eatting some tocco bell or something for lunch better then eatting nothing at all

Ironman8
04-15-2003, 05:50 PM
Ohhh. Well, ya. Taco Bell would be better than nothing all. But you have to limit yourself.

Ritzol
04-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Dorito's sound REAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLY good right now though.... the cheese ones.... oh man!

MrWebb78
04-15-2003, 07:14 PM
eating a ****ty meal is better than skipping a meal.

bradley
04-16-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by mikey4402
during a bulking state is it better to just eat everything even though its not the best food for you. or should i just limit myself to good food.

I would say stick to clean foods and gain slowly to avoid adding too much bf.

im not saying like eat a whole bag of doritos for dinner im asking is eatting some tocco bell or something for lunch better then eatting nothing at all

I agree in that I wouldn't skip the meal but just try to make the best food choices given whatever situation you are in.

Ironman8
04-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by bradley
I agree in that I wouldn't skip the meal but just try to make the best food choices given whatever situation you are in.

I agree. For example, if you're at Taco Bell, get a chicken taco. Or Mcdonald's, a chicken sandwich w/ or w/o mayonnaise. Etc...

CanadianSilverb
04-16-2003, 07:35 AM
If you have a slow metabolism, I would recommend to bulk up on clean foods or eat whatever you want but add some cardio to burn some of the excess fat you'll gain. If you have a very fast metabolism, eat everything that crawls. If your goal is to eventually lean down, you don't want to have too high of a body fat % because you will either have to crash diet (lose muscle) or diet for a very long period (20 weeks).

mikey4402
04-16-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by CanadianSilverb
If you have a slow metabolism, I would recommend to bulk up on clean foods or eat whatever you want but add some cardio to burn some of the excess fat you'll gain. If you have a very fast metabolism, eat everything that crawls. If your goal is to eventually lean down, you don't want to have too high of a body fat % because you will either have to crash diet (lose muscle) or diet for a very long period (20 weeks).

well i run every day, and i do have a pretty fast mataolism that why i was worried if should eat more no matter what it is. i get plenty of protein and stuff.

Originally posted by Ironman8
I agree. For example, if you're at Taco Bell, get a chicken taco. Or Mcdonald's, a chicken sandwich w/ or w/o mayonnaise. Etc...I agree. For example, if you're at Taco Bell, get a chicken taco. Or Mcdonald's, a chicken sandwich w/ or w/o mayonnaise. Etc...

ok then so make the best out of the situation

Isaac Wilkins
04-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Yeah, make the best of the situation.

That being said, experiment.

You said you have a pretty fast metabolism. Start out bulking with clean food. Even if you're eating a lot of it, you may find that you can't gain weight eating the clean food that you want to. In other words, this food may not be calorically dense enough for you.

IF that is the case, repeat IF: Then start ADDING junk in small increments. Don't replace clean food with junk. The junk tends to be very calorically dense (primarily fat and carbs). Add a bit here and there to up your caloric intake until you gain at the speed you desire.