slurp of olive oil OR scoop of peanut butter

2) Chicken breast. big portion
75 grams of peanuts
4 slices of ww bread

3) Chicken breast. big portion
75 grams of peanuts
4 slices of ww bread

4) 1 full egg
4 peanut buttered sandwiches (like one big stack. so only 3 butterings)
can of tuna

5) family meal, meat, veggies and potatoes (the dutch way)
3 egg whites
about 40 grams of peanuts

6) 350 ml milk
94 grams oats
scoop of peanut butter OR slurp of olive oil
can of tuna or salmon

on training days, 3 times a week, meal 4 is equal to meals 2 and 3 cuz those are like, my packing meals and i dont go home between gym and school.

After a workout i either have a big skim milk protein shake from the gym bar or eat a meal if its that time.

Now I need to lower my kcals a bit. Im stable in weight now, and i want to lose
~1 lbs a week now.

What do you suggest i take out?

Rock
04-17-2003, 09:42 AM
man you eat that good? I didnt know, I dont think I eat not one full meal of what you eat.

Tank23
04-17-2003, 09:48 AM
Man you can do a lot better than that. Look at the foods you're eating, they too calorie dense.
For a start, I'd get rid of 2 egg yolks, and only have one. That'll take out about 60 cals. Then I'd find something to replace the peanuts with, they're really calorie dense. You're having 190g of peanuts a day. Cut that out and replace them with a less dense food, and you'll cut a fair bit of calories there.

-Tank

Reinier
04-17-2003, 09:52 AM
Uhm tank well I dont really see how that makes sense

Tank23
04-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Reinier
Uhm tank well I dont really see how that makes sense

Why doesn't it make sense?

Simply put, the foods you eat contain too many calories.

Get rid of 2 egg yolks. Cut back on the peanuts. There you go!

You said you wanted to cut calories, and those are my suggestions how you can do so.

-Tank

maverick
04-17-2003, 11:19 AM
I'd also cut out the 350ml of milk in your 6th feeding if its after 7pm. Milk is slower in digesting.

GhettoSmurf
04-17-2003, 11:23 AM
it totally depends on your goals. if you are cutting for example, i would say definately take out some of the bread.

gopher
04-17-2003, 12:49 PM
I agree. Cut out the bread. Bread has a high GI rating and causes insuline to spike. This is very detrimental to fat burning.

bradley
04-17-2003, 01:53 PM
If you are maintaining at that weight then I would just drop the milk first and then maybe a couple of slices of bread. That should put you in a caloric deficit for the day. Try that for a week or two and see what kind of progress you make and then if needed re-evaluate and reduce calories.

ChuckieT
04-17-2003, 02:04 PM
I'd sub out some of the peanuts for some fish oil. I find that when I eat peanuts I tend to overeat them a bit. And your fat intake could use some more O-3's so the fish oil would help with that.

Reinier
04-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by bradley
If you are maintaining at that weight then I would just drop the milk first and then maybe a couple of slices of bread. That should put you in a caloric deficit for the day. Try that for a week or two and see what kind of progress you make and then if needed re-evaluate and reduce calories.

Thats what i was thinking really. milk is convenient and nice but its not *really* a bb food anyway. also ahnold sayd "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" so thats what ill follow for now i think. except maybe for the beer part

Reinier
04-17-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by gopher
I agree. Cut out the bread. Bread has a high GI rating and causes insuline to spike. This is very detrimental to fat burning.

I eat the really dark kind of rough whole wheat bread. Its GI rating is fairly low actually. Not all carbs spike insulin. and dont dispute that because it is what chicken daddy sayd :D

Ironman8
04-17-2003, 03:23 PM
Well, some breads have alot of added sugar. For example, I saw a bread that has 6 grams of sugar, with honey, high fructose corn syrup, and dextrose added. So watch out for that.

Manveet
04-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Ya, if you are gonna consume bread spurlge a bit and buy some good quality 100% whole wheat.

aidano
04-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Your diet seems really good...so I'd just eat less of the same stuff, and maybe more leafy vegetables to fill yourself up so you don't get hungry.

GhettoSmurf
04-17-2003, 07:32 PM
lol
how could you BECOME hungry with that diet ;)

Ironman8
04-17-2003, 08:00 PM
Heh.

Reinier
04-18-2003, 01:39 AM
im not really worried about hunger for now. im eating much more than id like to sense wise anyway

Reinier
04-19-2003, 01:34 AM
So i took out the milk. if i need to lower cals again i will take soemthing out of meals 2 and 3.
like a sandwich or some peanuts. up to you guys really lol

bradley
04-19-2003, 04:40 AM
So i took out the milk. if i need to lower cals again i will take soemthing out of meals 2 and 3.
like a sandwich or some peanuts. up to you guys really lol

You could cut down on the amount of peanuts you are eating in those two meals and cut one or two slices of bread out of each meal.

GhettoSmurf
04-19-2003, 05:57 AM
what kind of potatoes are in your meal 5? baked potatoes have a pretty high GI. you could switch the potato (assuming its a baked ptato) and always have like a sweet potato/yam instead. but its more of how worried you are about GI and all that stuff.

Shocker
04-19-2003, 06:27 AM
hey Reinier - aren't you only 16 ?
why do you care what you eat ?
my advice to you is not to eat less but to do more.
you are a kid m8 - relax and eat some food that you like as well.
I recommend some bacon and eggs for breakfast. then at lunch eat a hamburger as well as your meals listed here.
Additionally - try adding about 2 litres of milk and another two hot dogs for a snack on the way home with some chocolate and stuff... and have as many beers as possible.

and then i would come back and worry about it when you turn at least 23 or 24.

when i was your age i could eat 10 times that and not put on an ounce of weight.

Ironman8
04-19-2003, 10:29 AM
It's true, you need the calories to grow. When I dieted on the summer, I lost the weight, but I didn't grow in height. When I went back to school, my friends were taller than me, but I use to be taller than them!!

bradley
04-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8
It's true, you need the calories to grow. When I dieted on the summer, I lost the weight, but I didn't grow in height. When I went back to school, my friends were taller than me, but I use to be taller than them!!

I could be wrong but I doubt that you going on a diet had anything to do with your height unless you were severely calorie deficient. I am sure the other individuals just grew at a faster rate or hit their growth spurt before you did.

gopher
04-19-2003, 04:33 PM
and have as many beers as possible.
Nice advice for a 16 year old Shocker. tuttut

Ironman8
04-19-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by bradley

I could be wrong but I doubt that you going on a diet had anything to do with your height unless you were severely calorie deficient. I am sure the other individuals just grew at a faster rate or hit their growth spurt before you did.

That explains it. I was a little too far and was eating only about 1000 calories with heavy cardio. 2 meals a day, only cereal and steamed vegetables. Thank God I got through that.

Reinier
04-27-2003, 03:32 PM
I will diet seriously. im used to it and it would actually be heavier for me not to (im hooked, sorry)

now im not really going as i want to yet. i want to take something else out. i will reduce kcals slightly in meals 2-3 but im not yet sure if it should be the peanuts or the sandwich.
not both anyway thats too fast.
like make it either
3 ww slices
75 gr peanuts
chicken

or
4 slices
50 gr peanuts
chicken

something like that. which do you think would be best?
taking out the bread would be easiest and cheapest

Reinier
04-27-2003, 03:35 PM
if i can bench 80 kilos for 6 reps or so,
have under 20% bf and still weigh like 260 lbs, i think i have little to worry about stunting skeletal growth ironman

Vido
04-27-2003, 04:08 PM
I'd take out the bread. Carbs are the least important macronutrient imo, so if it were me, I'd keep the protein and fats up, but slowly start dropping carbs.

bradley
04-27-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Vido
I'd take out the bread. Carbs are the least important macronutrient imo, so if it were me, I'd keep the protein and fats up, but slowly start dropping carbs.

I agree I would probably drop the bread. The fat will also help to keep hungar levels down.

Reinier
04-27-2003, 04:30 PM
so it is. thanks guys

bradley
04-27-2003, 04:30 PM
if i can bench 80 kilos for 6 reps or so,
have under 20% bf and still weigh like 260 lbs, i think i have little to worry about stunting skeletal growth ironman

I doubt you have to worry about stunting your growth. You are quite a big fellow from the last pics that I saw:)

Reinier
04-27-2003, 04:34 PM
1) 3 full eggs
3 egg whites
94 grams of oats

75 grams of peanuts
3 slices of ww bread

75 grams of peanuts
3 slices of ww bread

4) 1 full egg
4 peanut buttered sandwiches (like one big stack. so only 3 butterings)
can of tuna

3 egg whites

6) 94 grams oats
can of tuna or salmon

so thats the new one

bradley
04-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Have you been losing any weight since you first dropped cals?

GhettoSmurf
04-27-2003, 08:00 PM
your diet looks like its ocming along quite well. now the main thing is what bradley is asking. have you been losing weight? ;)

Reinier
04-28-2003, 01:21 AM
yes but i havent been trying to for long.
my weight just fluctuates and first i wrongly thought my kcals were low enough. ill be fine

GhettoSmurf
04-28-2003, 04:48 AM
how often do you weight yourself? is it at the same time? are you wearing the same clothing?

Reinier
04-28-2003, 06:05 AM
clothing yes, time roughly, weigh everytime i train

GhettoSmurf
04-28-2003, 06:16 AM
well, one reason that your weight fluctuates a bit is becuase if you weigh yourself during the day, what you've recently eaten will effect the weight. if you can, i'd try to weight yourself once a week, right when you wake up in the morning (after going to the bathroom if needed).

for example i weigh myself every Saturday morning right when i wake up, in the same shorts (no shirt), and after going to the bathroom.

Vido
04-28-2003, 12:44 PM
I agree with GhettoSmurf. If you weigh yourself with clothes on mid-day you aren't getting a very accurate reading...unless you wear the same clothes every workout, workout at the same time of day, and eat the same things day in and day out.

Most people can fluctuate a good 5-10 lbs during the course of a day. Throw clothes into the mix and you may as well not even bother monitoring your progress that way imo.

Reinier
04-28-2003, 04:20 PM
i weigh in boxers and a t shirt, late afternoon, i eat the same day in and out. i think its reasonably accurate

GhettoSmurf
04-28-2003, 07:37 PM
yeah but do you go to the bathroom at the same time?? ;) j/k IMO you'll get the most accurate weight if you just do it in the morning right after going to the bathroom. but thats just my opinion. in the long run, do w/e works 4 u

Ironman8
04-28-2003, 09:36 PM
Ya, most people's weight are accurate in the morning. That's why you look so lean in the morning (at least I do).

GhettoSmurf
04-29-2003, 04:33 AM
Ya, most people's weight are accurate in the morning. That's why you look so lean in the morning (at least I do).

lol i was thinking that same exact thing! when i wake up, i feel so much thinner around the stomach

Reinier
05-21-2003, 02:12 PM
BUMP. I need to lessen kcals some more. whats next?

1) 3 full eggs
3 egg whites
94 grams of oats

75 grams of peanuts
3 slices of ww bread

75 grams of peanuts
3 slices of ww bread

4) 1 full egg
3 peanut buttered sandwiches (like one big stack. so only 2 butterings)
can of tuna

3 egg whites

6) 94 grams oats
can of tuna or salmon

bradley
05-21-2003, 04:18 PM
I would probably cut one slice of bread at meals 2, 3, and 4. If you needed to cut cals more then I would decrease the amount of oats you are eating.

IMO it is easy to cut carbs as opposed to cals from protein or fat. You could throw in some fibrous veggies in with the meals that you cut the bread out of if you find yourself feeling hungry.

Ironman8
05-21-2003, 05:10 PM
How about decrease some peanuts?

Reinier
05-21-2003, 11:19 PM
id feel alright doing that brad. but shouldn`t i try to take food out of the largest meal allt he time so it stays more balanced?
and what about them carbs before bed i do

bradley
05-22-2003, 03:58 AM
id feel alright doing that brad. but shouldn`t i try to take food out of the largest meal allt he time so it stays more balanced?
and what about them carbs before bed i do

You could as this would probably help with keeping hunger levels in check but it really comes down to total calories at the end of the day. If you are in a caloric deficit at the end of the day then that is really the main goal.

I don't put much stock into the carbs at night causing fat gain. Overall calorie intake is more important.

Reinier
05-22-2003, 07:48 AM
today i took out that bread. I~m still not sure if its right tho. i shouldn`t be taking everything out of the middle meals.. maybe some fewer oats.

Reinier
05-22-2003, 12:35 PM
bump

bradley
05-22-2003, 01:29 PM
today i took out that bread. I~m still not sure if its right tho. i shouldn`t be taking everything out of the middle meals.. maybe some fewer oats.

Take out the oats if thats what makes feel the most comfortable. That would be as good a place as any to cut some of the cals down. I think eventually you will have to cut the amount of oats you eat at meals 1 and 6 and also some of the bread. Just not all at once:)

What time do you usually train? Do you take any type of postworkout shake? Just asking out of curiosity.

One more question. What do you estimate you bf% at right now and how much do you currently weigh?

Reinier
05-23-2003, 11:30 AM
i weigh 115 ish

i take a post workout skim milk and whey powder shake

GhettoSmurf
05-23-2003, 01:09 PM
115?? how tall are you? and are you trying to lose weight?

also, try to get some dextrose or maltodextrine to use instead of the milk. the milk slows the adsorbtion of the whey. :(

bradley
05-23-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
115?? how tall are you? and are you trying to lose weight?

That would be 115kg.

bradley
05-23-2003, 01:56 PM
i take a post workout skim milk and whey powder shake

A high GI carb source like GS suggested would probably be better than the milk. How much of a difference is debatable.

Did you decide to cut down on the oats instead of the bread? Either way dropping your overall cals by about 200-300 cals should be plenty. I would stay at that calorie level for a week and see if that causes you to lose weight.

Ironman8
05-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Sorry for the stupid question, but what's 115kg in lbs.?

bradley
05-23-2003, 04:04 PM
Sorry for the stupid question, but what's 115kg in lbs.?

253lbs.

Reinier
05-23-2003, 04:14 PM
I did the bread and am feeling fine...

Reinier
05-31-2003, 07:40 AM
OK time to take down kcals AGAIN

I`m turning the 94 grams of oats into 50 grams, both in meal 1 and 6,

and im giving meal 4 2 slices of pb bread

bradley
05-31-2003, 08:04 AM
OK time to take down kcals AGAIN

I`m turning the 94 grams of oats into 50 grams, both in meal 1 and 6,

and im giving meal 4 2 slices of pb bread

Did you lose any weight after cutting cals the first time? The above sounds like a good idea to me.

Reinier
06-01-2003, 03:30 AM
i went down 2 k or so then got stable again

Reinier
07-08-2003, 01:29 AM
I need another lowering in kcals...

Right now im having

1) 3 full eggs
3 egg whites
50 grams of oats

75 grams of peanuts
2 slices of ww bread

75 grams of peanuts
2 slices of ww bread

4) 1 full egg
2 peanut buttered sandwiches (like on one another. so only 1 buttering)
can of tuna

3 egg whites

6) 50 grams oats
can of tuna or salmon

bradley
07-08-2003, 03:44 AM
You could drop the oats in meal 6 if you wanted. What does the macro breakdown look like? Looks as though you are getting plenty of protein and fat in your diet and you might could eliminate some of that as well.

How much do are you weighing right now?

Reinier
07-08-2003, 05:11 AM
I weigh about 112 kilos now.

bradley
07-08-2003, 05:31 AM
If cutting out the oats is not enough then you could drop some of the peanuts. Maybe cut the servings down to 50g instead of 75g, and for every 25g you drop you will be cutting ~150 cals.

You could probably use more n-3 fats instead of all the peanuts.

Reinier
07-08-2003, 05:35 AM
So dropping the oatmeal entirely?
if so ill have to look into some low on kcal fibre sources probably

bradley
07-08-2003, 05:56 AM
So dropping the oatmeal entirely?
if so ill have to look into some low on kcal fibre sources probably

If you want to keep the oats then drop some of the peanuts. You still have plenty of cals to work with IMO, and if you are looking for some added fiber you could go with some more veggies or maybe a fiber supplement. Also maybe a high fiber cereal such as Fiber One or All Bran, but I am unsure if you have these specific brands in Holland. They contain ~14g of fiber and ~50 cals and 0g of sugar, but the exact breakdown would depend on the brand.

Reinier
07-08-2003, 06:14 AM
we have the fiber cereals yes. im pretty ready to drop the oats specially seeing as theres all these carbs before bed "myths"

Thanks for you help Bradley. Your the true WBB diet guru lol

Reinier
07-14-2003, 04:11 AM
are you sure tho? doing this for a few days it feels weird getting such a small meal 1 and 6. its not hard appetite wise tho. i dont get hungry or anything. but is it ok

bradley
07-14-2003, 11:13 AM
are you sure tho? doing this for a few days it feels weird getting such a small meal 1 and 6. its not hard appetite wise tho. i dont get hungry or anything. but is it ok

I think it would be okay to keep things as they are, but if you want a larger meal 1 and 6 then just cut some cals from some of the other meals. Without the oats in meal 1 you are taking in ~360 cals which might be a little on the low side for someone your size.

Like I mentioned a few posts up you could cut back on some of the peanuts from the other meals and stick with the oats in the morning.

Meal #6 really does not have to be large so to speak, and you mainly just want a slow digesting protein source before going to bed to provide a sustained release of AA. As long as you are not waking up in the night hungry then I see no reason to add anything back to that meal.

AllUp
07-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Hmm You can try replacing it with Kashi. Its low-Cal and Its sort of a filler/appetite supressing cereal IMHO. Its low cal and had Alright fiber for a cereal. I think it may have been 4-6g if my memory serves me correct, however they dont list the Soluble fiber so it may even sit in your lower intestines all day till after lunch :/

But on a serious note it is a good filler, but it doesn't exactly taste great.. I reccomend either mixing it with another cereal or getting Kashi Crunch -Medley is ok too. Make sure you dont get Kashi puffs though, tastes like an old box of that cereal Smacks.

Reinier
07-16-2003, 10:32 AM
Like I said appetite is hardly the problem. I think ill move some peanuts over to meal 6

Reinier
08-04-2003, 03:47 AM
This si what im doing now:

1) 3 full eggs
3 egg whites

75 grams of peanuts
2 slices of ww bread

75 grams of peanuts
2 slices of ww bread

4) 1 full egg
can of tuna

3 egg whites

6) scoop of peanut butter OR slurp of olive oil
can of tuna or salmon

I need to take out some kcals. any suggestions?
less peanuts?

bradley
08-04-2003, 03:56 AM
I need to take out some kcals. any suggestions?
less peanuts?

Sounds fine to me, and you could probably just decrease the amount of peanuts at each meal. That should free up a couple hundred cals easy.

Reinier
08-27-2003, 03:07 PM
1) 3 full eggs
3 egg whites

50 grams of peanuts
2 slices of ww bread

50 grams of peanuts
2 slices of ww bread

4) 1 full egg
can of tuna

3 egg whites
about 30 grams of peanuts

6) scoop of peanut butter OR slurp of olive oil
can of tuna or salmon

I need to take something else out. nothing huge. justa bit less.
I`m all out of inspiration. anyone?

Manveet
08-27-2003, 03:29 PM
Take out some peanuts in meal 2 or 3

Take out a whole egg from meal one

Reinier
08-28-2003, 12:16 AM
ok.