PDA

View Full Version : flax seed and postworkout

NO2
04-17-2003, 01:07 PM
hi all.. well ive been hearing alot about this so called flax seed

what the heck is flax seed oil?

whats good to eat post workout?.
i have a shake when im done and when i get home i have a tuna sandwitch..is that good??
and how many carbs should i to have after a workout??

is carbs inportant post workout???

GhettoSmurf
04-17-2003, 01:22 PM
flaxseed oil is basically a fat supplement. sorry, i cant explain much about it, bradley knows quite a bit about this sort of stuff though.

a good thing to eat right after a workout is a protein shake consisting of whey and a high GI carb source like dextrose or maltodextrine.

sure, IMO a tuna sandwich would be fine an hour or so after you've had your PWO shake, like when you get home from the gym.

carbwise ive heard that .6-1g of carbs per kg of bodyweight

IMO yes, carbs are important PWO

Ironman8
04-17-2003, 03:31 PM
Flax seed is basically a supplement that consist of healthy fats. It's a good way too get some more fat in your diet (as well as more healthy fats).

bradley
04-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by NO2
hi all.. well ive been hearing alot about this so called flax seed

what the heck is flax seed oil?

Flax seed oil is an oil that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are usually lacking in most peoples diets. If you are thinking about supplementing with an oil I would recommend going with fish oil instead of flax seed oil, as far as omega-3 fats are concerned.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10669&highlight=flax+seed+oil

It is important to be getting adequate amounts of healthy fats in your diet. Other good sources of fat would include things like olive oil, nuts, natural peanut butter, safflower oil, etc.

whats good to eat post workout?.
i have a shake when im done and when i get home i have a tuna sandwitch..is that good??
and how many carbs should i to have after a workout??

is carbs inportant post workout???

Carbs are important postworkout in order to refill muscle glycogen after a hard workout, and will also aid in recovery. I would recommend getting about 75g of high GI carbs postworkout. A 50/50 mixture of dextrose and maltodextrin would be ideal IMO. I would also add in some fast digesting protein like whey along with the carbs.

A whole food meal approximately 90 minutes after your postworkout shake would be good.