PDA

View Full Version : Diet stagnant, fat loss stagnant, muscle and strength growth?

EdgeCrusher
04-17-2003, 09:08 PM
I am eating:

a Vegan Burrito (650 calories)
a huge order of Kung Pao Tofu plus rice (about 1000 calories, it's from a restaurant- so it's hard to tell)
400-600 calories in misc. food around my dorm, generally nothing very "healthy."

I just started weight training on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and I'm showing muscle and strength growth. I've been doing cardio an avg of 5 of 7 days a week and it's helped me lose the weight I've lost already (252 to 208/212 in 1.75 semesters.)

Scale stays the same, from 208 to 212.

Gut stays same.

I live on a college campus, so my choices suck hard. Being Vegan doesn't help much either. Neither can be changed though.

I have about 20% BF and I wanna drop about 20 more lbs of fat but I don't wanna mess up my gains, what should I do?

Please tell me what I can change for better progress.

Oh man, my diet's gonna be ripped so bad...

Severed Ties
04-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by EdgeCrusher
I am eating:

a Vegan Burrito (650 calories)
a huge order of Kung Pao Tofu plus rice (about 1000 calories, it's from a restaurant- so it's hard to tell)
400-600 calories in misc. food around my dorm, generally nothing very "healthy."

Please tell me what I can change for better progress.

Oh man, my diet's gonna be ripped so bad...

You just answered your own question.

I'd say the first thing for you to do if figure out what better food choices you can add/change in your diet. Those 400-600 calories worth of dorm food have to go for something better. You also need to try and eat smaller meals more frequently.

At my dorm I live off the forman grill and I converted my frige into a meat locker. Since your a vegan and I'm more of a strict carnivore we probably make none of the same food choices however the principles stay the same.

ST

bradley
04-18-2003, 02:44 AM
I agree with ST in that you need to spread you calories out over more meals throughout the day. What about getting some natural peanut butter and ww bread? Other foods that come to mind are things like black beans and veggies. Use the fridge to strore some frozen vegetables and heat them up in the microwave. Get a rice cooker that goes in the microwave and cook your own rice instead of ordering it from a restuaraunt. The restuaraunt adds no telling how much oil and fat to their dishes.

Since you are a vegan that means you will just have to be that much more creative. What about soy milk and maybe a soy protein shake to help get your protein levels up? Also don't skip out on the healthy fats.

Shocker
04-18-2003, 03:15 AM
get some MRP, a multi, some flax, creatine
i imagine you would need to suplpement heaps with a vegan diet.
that would suck - why do you want to make it so hard for yourself? Go kill something.

Ironman8
04-18-2003, 08:34 AM
Ya, you need healthier fats in your diet. If you don't want to take fish oil, take flax.

04-19-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Ya, you need healthier fats in your diet. If you don't want to take fish oil, take flax.

take the fish oil. didn't you know they don't chop up the fish but instead just squeeze the oils out like its a wet rag?