PDA

View Full Version : Calorie Intake Question

GhettoSmurf
04-19-2003, 06:30 AM
Well during the week, becuase of school, I usually wake-up and go to bed around the same times each day, but since on i dont have school onthe weekends, I usually sleep-in a bit. And becuase i sleep in, im not awake as long as i am during the week.

Should i still try to eat the same amount of calories that I do during the week, even though im not awake as long, and just make the meals a bit bigger?

bradley
04-19-2003, 07:44 AM
I usually just increase amount of cals in each meal. If you fall a little short in calories for the day it will not make that much of a difference.

GhettoSmurf
04-19-2003, 08:31 AM
alright, thanks

Ironman8
04-19-2003, 10:25 AM
IMO, I think you should decrase calories on the weekend if you're just sitting around. If you're active on the weekends, eat the same cals as you do in school. I assume you move around alot in school, so you need more calories. And I assume you just lay around on the weekends(like me:)), so decrease calories.

Unless you're trying to bulk, since I assume you are because your old sig said you wanted to get bigger, just eat how many calories you want.

GhettoSmurf
04-19-2003, 12:48 PM
yeah, thats a good idea. i never really put into consideration that im probably less-active on the weekends.

bradley
04-19-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8
IMO, I think you should decrase calories on the weekend if you're just sitting around. If you're active on the weekends, eat the same cals as you do in school. I assume you move around alot in school, so you need more calories. And I assume you just lay around on the weekends(like me:)), so decrease calories.

Unless you're trying to bulk, since I assume you are because your old sig said you wanted to get bigger, just eat how many calories you want.

Well you grow out of the gym and especially when bulking I try to make sure that my body has plenty of cals available for muscle recovery and repair. I am not saying that activity does not play a role in how many cals you eat, but I wouldn't drop cals by a significant amount just because you aren't as active during the day.