PDA

View Full Version : For You Arm Lovers

chris mason
04-20-2003, 07:12 AM
Some classic big arm shots from Ellington Darden's Big Arms in Six Weeks .

chris mason
04-20-2003, 07:14 AM
Casey Viator in one of my favorite "thick" shots:

chris mason
04-20-2003, 07:15 AM
Sergio Oliva, off-season, looking about as thick as it gets:

Black_Curtain
04-20-2003, 08:31 AM
:redface: I think that each and every pro today has thicker arms than those. I doesn't look like anything special, even tho the guys' arms are great i dont feel they have anything suprier shape or size wize than just other bodybuilders' arms.

Gyno Rhino
04-20-2003, 08:41 AM
One of the points is that these guys have arms that are bigger in proportion to the rest of their body.

A 20 inch arm on a guy with a 40inch bloated gut looks awesome, but not half as awesome as a 20inch arm on a guy with a tapered 31inch waist.

Rock
04-20-2003, 10:12 AM
Black Curtain, Sergio and Ronnie has about the same size arms, sergio has bigger forearms, as a comparisment picture of the two shows.

Rock
04-20-2003, 10:13 AM
those pictures are awesome, they dont got that preggoe gut and they dont look bloated or what ever, and they didnt use thongs to pose in.

Rock
04-20-2003, 10:16 AM
post more photos like this!

Black_Curtain
04-20-2003, 11:03 AM
Gyno not all pros got 40in bloated waists, but all pros do have bigger arms than those.
Rock, sergio and big ron's arms are not comparable in terms of size. It's just the illusion because sergio's arms overpower the rest of his physique.

Silverback
04-20-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Black_Curtain
Gyno not all pros got 40in bloated waists, but all pros do have bigger arms than those.
Rock, sergio and big ron's arms are not comparable in terms of size. It's just the illusion because sergio's arms overpower the rest of his physique.

I have to disagree, here is a pic of the two and i there is not an inch in it IMHO. I still think that the old school style of bodybuilding was more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Silverback
04-20-2003, 11:13 AM
For those who are unaware Sergio (1972) is on the left and Ronnie Coleman (2001) on teh right :D

chris mason
04-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Black_Curtain
:redface: I think that each and every pro today has thicker arms than those. I doesn't look like anything special, even tho the guys' arms are great i dont feel they have anything suprier shape or size wize than just other bodybuilders' arms.

You are mistaken. There are some pros today who have bigger arms than Sergio or Casey, but certainly not the lot of them.

Another difference you are not considering is that the guys these days are using a lot more in the way of drugs (although I am certain Sergio did more than the average Joe of his day). The guys from the 70s didn't use HGH etc.

I would like to see some of the pros who you think have bigger arms, post a few pictures.

Silverback
04-20-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by chris mason

You are mistaken. There are some pros today who have bigger arms than Sergio or Casey, but certainly not the lot of them.

Another difference you are not considering is that the guys these days are using a lot more in the way of drugs (although I am certain Sergio did more than the average Joe of his day). The guys from the 70s didn't use HGH etc.

I would like to see some of the pros who you think have bigger arms, post a few pictures.

Nice post chris, oh and please will nobody post a pic of Greg Valentino, because he doesnt count :)

the doc
04-20-2003, 11:38 AM
CHris, i think those poses where they sort of suck in their abdomen to force out their chest and lats clearly illustrate the difference between the BBers you have been posting pics of (from the 70s) and those of toay. I mean can *anyone* find a pics of coleman where he is able to suck in huge gut and throw one of those poses? Hell i cant remember seeing any of the modern BBers do this

Manveet
04-20-2003, 11:51 AM
Is it just me, or does Ronnie's delt in the side by side pic with Sergio look terribly small and out of porportion to the rest of his arm?

Great pics Chris.

chris mason
04-20-2003, 11:52 AM
Take a closer look at the photo of Sergio. His ****ing head literally looks like it is getting swallowed by his chest. In addition, his arm is as tall as his head. Show me a pro today with those proportions. I suppose the closest analogy today would be Markus Ruhl's shoulders, but they are Synthol so I don't really count them.

Gavan
04-20-2003, 02:50 PM
thanks Chris for the superb pics !!!!
:ninja: :clap:

Gavan
04-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Sergio arms are UNBELIEVABLE !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

PowerManDL
04-20-2003, 03:18 PM
I always love seeing these guys much more than the modern pro's.

the doc
04-20-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL

totally agree, the guys today more like circus carnies with their distented bellies and synthol delts

howsertrading
04-20-2003, 03:48 PM
What kind of Arm thread would be complete without a picture of the first ever mr Olympia winner, the 'Legend' Larry scott.

http://www.bodybuildbid.com/articles/mrolympia/imgs/scott/scott1.jpg

http://www.darkwoods.net/bodybuilder/male/bb/gallery/fullsize/scott04.jpg

http://www.bodybuildbid.com/articles/mrolympia/imgs/scott/scott5.jpg

An older scott
http://www.bodybuildbid.com/articles/mrolympia/imgs/scott/scott4.jpg

Gavan
04-20-2003, 04:00 PM
same for me !! I like to see the BBs of the 50-70s maybe 80s but after that....

Gunter said he'll be 325 pounds for Mr.Olympia...

Silverback
04-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Larry was a legend, but the best in todays Bodybuilders in terms of arms for me would be Lee Preist.

Silverback
04-20-2003, 04:01 PM
and another one:cool:

Gavan
04-20-2003, 04:16 PM
wow Larry physique (on the second pic) is the perfection for me !!!

BennettBoy
04-20-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Gavan
wow Larry physique (on the second pic) is the perfection for me !!!

Amen! And the abs are excellent. I want abs like that. :p

chris mason
04-20-2003, 06:18 PM
While I respect Larry, I could never get too excited about his physique. His arms were great, but the rest of him just didn't do it for me.

Pup
04-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Sergio is my all time favorite, the only guy in BB today that i find to have as good of aesthetic qualities as the BB of old is shawn ray.

BigMatt
04-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Sergio Is that man! :nod:

Gavan
04-21-2003, 01:57 PM
big arms ?

http://www.chadnicholls.net/gallery/albums/past/aax.jpg

:eek: :D

Arnold was/is the best !

F40
04-21-2003, 02:10 PM
In the comparison picture with Olivia and Coleman - please look carefully at the two mid sections of the two men...
Colemans hyper TOTALLY distended F**KED roid gut and Olivias ripped abs...
No-one is stupid enough to suggest that Serge didn't take roids but the extent, scale and sheer madness involved in his evident drug use doesn't compare with todays guys...

Who gives a SH!T about the absolute size of these guys arms.....???
IT'S ONLY THE 'LOOK' THAT MATTERS.

Rastaman
04-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by F40

Who gives a SH!T about the absolute size of these guys arms.....???
IT'S ONLY THE 'LOOK' THAT MATTERS.

Amen bruddah, Amen.

bigkevin20
04-22-2003, 08:00 AM
I will look like these guys one day!!! Until some asshole wakes me up!!

John0101
04-22-2003, 01:26 PM
you gonna need a lot of riods kevin

Alke
04-22-2003, 07:03 PM
I am in agreement that the BB of 50-70's are better to look at than the ones in today's mags. They dont have fake tans, or pose in thongs, or have a thick look to them. They all worked very hard to reach their genetic potentials and then some, which is the best that any of us can hope for.

Awesome pics chris!!

Majestic
04-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL

I do too. I couldn't agree more. That Casey Viator pic is awesome. Truly cool.

I guess one of the reasons I like them is because these guys look like normal humans, but with overdeveloped arms, which I think looks awesome.

Today's bodybuilders look strange because in addition to their muscles growing, their internal organs are freaking out too, at least that's how it looks.

It's not impressive......it's just flat-out retarded.

BigMatt
04-23-2003, 08:15 PM
what is the size of Viator arm?

BigMatt
04-23-2003, 08:26 PM
found some pictures of his early(young) days... he win Mr America at 19 old the youngest to win this event.

http://digilander.libero.it/iompao/c70.jpg

http://digilander.libero.it/iompao/c76.jpg

awsome if you ask me...

Manveet
04-23-2003, 10:07 PM
For all the Arnie fans, scroll through these

http://members.shaw.ca/ryan.stricker/pics.html

ask
05-03-2003, 10:12 AM
What is it that causes the bloated image of Ronnie and others? I'm no expert when it comes to roids and all.

Note that some guys such as Gunther (or Yates back in his day) don't have any of that ****. His waist is not naturally too small - but it ain't bloated either. Relaxed shots of Ronnie make wanna puke, though. His pecs sag and his gut hangs over his genitals. Disgusting, ain't it?! Cats should realize when its time to retire.

AdamGberg
05-03-2003, 05:59 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/ryan.stricker/17.jpg

just amazing...

Xg74
05-03-2003, 06:16 PM
The bloated look is caused by HGH (human growth hormone) which causes internal organs to enlarge, thereby giving the appearance of a gut. Can't be good for you.

ask
05-04-2003, 04:23 AM
Damn, Xg, that sure ain't healthy! But can you explain why some guys have a lot of that while others don't.

Flex and Ronnie look like different species, don't they?