PDA

View Full Version : best way to cook eggs...

Matx
08-07-2001, 01:12 PM
im not really a big fan of eggs. Whats the best way to cook em so u can get a lot of them down fast... I scramble em currently and like 3 or 4 is super filling...is there a way to do em so that i can eat more at a time i keep hearing about people eating 8 at once and i think i'd throw up. Not because of the take but because my stomach would be super full. Im also trying to gain weight and mass so i eat the entire egg..

Tryska
08-07-2001, 01:19 PM
they are most likely eating 8 egg WHITES at one time..not 8 whole eggs.

Sinep
08-07-2001, 01:27 PM
if there's one expert on eggwhite on this forum.. its gotta be me.
first off, if you haven't done so yet I would buy eggwhite in carton rather than in their eggshells. why?
1. almost the same price... if not the same
2. no eggshell cracking -> save time
3. 8 eggwhites in a 250ml carton -> compact -> 25g pro. per carton
4. usually pasteurized and homogenized -> can be taken raw

If you can, drink them raw... the only side effect discovered to date is liquid poo. If you cook them their volume increases and you must chew. If your grocery don't sells eggwhite in carton , there's a website where you can order bulk quantity... I think it was FAngel or Latman who was telling me about it, don't remember.

Edit: I just noticed you were speaking of whole eggs... you can still buy whole eggs in cartons.

Spiderman
08-07-2001, 02:09 PM
When I make my eggwhites I'll use some low-fat mozzeralla cheese.. (as of lately anyhow) and add some salsa..mmmm..thats really tasty. But I've used many things.... Try some of these and see what you think......

Chili Powder
Oregano
Black Pepper
Salsa
Low-Fat Cheese
Salt
Season Salt
Basil
Pizza Sauce
Onions
Green Pepper
Tomatoes
Crushed Red Pepper

Hope this gives you some good ideas. ;)

IceRgrrl
08-07-2001, 03:12 PM
Nice list, spidey...I gotta try a few of those.

Salsa and/or hot sauce makes anything better! :)

Matx
08-07-2001, 04:18 PM
i read a few different studies that said that it was alright to eat the yolks..

Yaz
08-07-2001, 04:25 PM
It is alright.

8 != alright