PDA

View Full Version : fat

greg kaiser
08-07-2001, 05:08 PM
I was wondering if somone could give me some good sources of fat. On my bulking diet I need around 103 grams per day.

Right now I am getting a'lot of peanut butter, and milk. I know these are good sources, but I think eating 1/2 jar of peanut butter and 4 glasses of milk per day can't be too healthy.

Flax seed oil isn't really an option for me b/c I don't really have the extra cash right now.

kAto
08-07-2001, 05:45 PM
500ml bottle for $9.99- and you cant spend this much on flax:confused:

Maki Riddington
08-07-2001, 06:49 PM
What Kato said.
Thats aproximatley the cost of two jars of PB. Well in Canadian ducketts that is.

greg kaiser
08-07-2001, 07:54 PM
Sweet, I didn't know the stuff was that cheap.

I can't get my supps online b/c my parents don't want me using anything. To them flax and whey and any supps. are STEROIDS.
They arn't exactly open-minded when it comes to bodybuilding supplements.

So where can I get flax at (for a reasonable price)? GNC maybe?

Frankster
08-07-2001, 07:56 PM
any health food store.

the doc
08-08-2001, 05:28 AM
peanut butter!

IceRgrrl
08-08-2001, 07:45 AM
You can find flax seed and sometimes flax seed oil in a good grocery store, often in the bulk foods area.

How about olive oil and cold-water fish like salmon and tuna? Tell your parents that the omega-3 fatty acids are good for your heart ;)

body1
08-08-2001, 01:45 PM
olive is good for you, pour some on a salad. also eat makeral or sardines or other natural oily fish, salmon is quite good as well. tuna is not a good source of fat. but its a good source of protein.

so oily fish, olive oil, and some peanuts

Tryska
08-08-2001, 01:48 PM
sardines too if you can handle them.....especially if they come packed in olive oil..then you would get omega 3s and 6s all in one shot.....i've never eaten them, but i just learned that last night.

greg kaiser
08-08-2001, 01:56 PM
Thank's for the replies,

I just got back from Vitamin World and I have in my hand Borage Oil 1000mg. The guy talked me into getting it rather than Flax.

Anyone have opinions on this? Is it better than Flax? The guy working there seemed to say so, but it was a little more expensive, so I guess he would think it is better for me.

Should I take it back and just go with the flax?

Thanks

Tryska
08-08-2001, 01:58 PM
do me a favor? look on the label and tell me what it contains?

i thought borage was an omega 6 oil.....it should say though whether it's 3s or 6s....

if it says omega 6, take it back....what you want is flax seed specifically for the omega 3 oils...

greg kaiser
08-08-2001, 02:03 PM
Gamma Linolenic Acid
Linoleic Acid
Omega 6

I don't see any omega 3

I guess I'll take it back tommorow.

Tryska
08-08-2001, 02:08 PM
yeah take it back tomorrow, and never ever visit that store again...they don't know what the heck they are selling.....just get some flax seed oil, (it will be in the refrigerated section) and take 1-3 tbsps of that a day...put it on your salad or oats or take it straight or whatever.....