PDA

View Full Version : Two more HIIT questions

DannyOcean
04-24-2003, 12:15 PM
1. What is the best footwear for HIIT? In my case, it'll mostly be track workouts. I have a couple of pair of running shoes but they are geared more towards longer-distance running (at slower speeds). The other extreme would be sprinting shoes and I don't think I need them. Is there something in the middle that might make sense? Maybe just a good cross-trainer?

2. Can I get a few opinions about the HIIT workout posted here:

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit_table.asp

It seems pretty good to me but I'm fairly new to HIIT so I'm not real confident in my knowledge yet. It's pretty basic too (most HIIT workouts are I guess) which certainly appeals to me.

IceRgrrl
04-24-2003, 12:19 PM
1. Depends a lot on your size and your gait/biomechanics. Sprinting is a lot of impact, so good cushioned running specific shoes are a must. Track/sprinting/racing flats might not be the best...they are more designed to be lightweight for racing day, not well-built and cushioned for everyday workouts.

If you're a male over 190 lbs, you're considered a "heavier runner" and should look for shoes built for that. Also, whether your feet tend to turn in or out will determine what kind of shoe is best for your gait. If you go to a running shoe/running store with an old pair of sneakers, they can look at you, watch you run, and look at the wear patterns on your shoes to recommend what's best for you as an individual.

2. Looks like a good gradual progression. Try it and see how it goes :)