PDA

View Full Version : chicken skin?

aggablinky
04-24-2003, 05:27 PM
I`m eating a lot of chicken now, as i believe it to be a good scource of protein, plus i love the taste, but i also like the skin, which i`m told is not so healthy. Can anybody tell me the worst points of eating it? Is it overly fattening? Pity, cause it tastes good too, but i will shed it if i`m given enough reason to believe its harmful. Not sure if i could give away the stuffing though :) Also, does anybody know how many grams of protein a family chicken would hold? Thankyou

Ironman8
04-24-2003, 05:34 PM
Check the USDA nutritional page to find to find the nutritional facts on chicken.

And I don't think the skin is overly fattening, but I think it does add some fat.

GhettoSmurf
04-24-2003, 06:00 PM
i dont think they skin is TOO fattening, but IMO you could find better sources of fat then chicken skin

Ironman8
04-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Ya, but the skin is so good :D. Especially the ones that are crispy :)

bradley
04-24-2003, 06:28 PM
The skin is mostly fat so I would leave it off.

fatsoPanda
04-24-2003, 07:08 PM
cutting = No skin
Bulking = skin

GhettoSmurf
04-24-2003, 07:30 PM
yeah, but even though im bulking i still take the skin off. mainly becuase i dont like to think of bulking as an excuse NOT to eat healthy. but thats just my opinion

Ironman8
04-24-2003, 08:21 PM
Yup, gotta bulk clean :D

Vido
04-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by fatsoPanda
cutting = No skin
Bulking = skin

That makes no sense. When you are bulking the idea is to gain muscle, not fat. The "anything goes while bulking strategy" will get you big...and fat.

fatsoPanda
04-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Vido

That makes no sense. When you are bulking the idea is to gain muscle, not fat. The "anything goes while bulking strategy" will get you big...and fat.

i didn't quite mean anything goes. Just that if your going to get ripped lay off the fat and if your going to bulk, you can be a little easier on yourself.

gotta enjoy yourself sometimes, just don't let it get out of hand.
Moderation is the key.

Vido
04-24-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by fatsoPanda

i didn't quite mean anything goes. Just that if your going to get ripped lay off the fat and if your going to bulk, you can be a little easier on yourself.

gotta enjoy yourself sometimes, just don't let it get out of hand.
Moderation is the key.

Ok, I came off a little strong there...I see your point. However, if you are going to stray from a clean diet, I'd think you'd want to cheat with something a little tastier than chicken skin.

Manveet
04-24-2003, 09:21 PM
:withstupi

try ice cream

GhettoSmurf
04-25-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Vido

Ok, I came off a little strong there...I see your point. However, if you are going to stray from a clean diet, I'd think you'd want to cheat with something a little tastier than chicken skin.

yeah sorry if i seemed a bit harsh as well :angel:

fatsoPanda
04-25-2003, 08:04 AM
hahahah....it's all good guys.:p

ElPietro
04-25-2003, 08:06 AM
Fat is very important when bulking. It is very anabolic.

GhettoSmurf
04-25-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by ElPietro

yes, i totally agree with you. my opinion is just that there are better places that you could get that fat from. like what fat would be better for you- fat from the skin of a chicken, or flaxseed oil? but then again i dont even really like the taste of skin from a chicken unless its from KFC! :rolleyes:

Vido
04-25-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by ElPietro

Very true, fat is very important when bulking or cutting...so basically all the time. However, you have to look at the source of fat. Surely, there are some better sources than others, if not for anabolism, but for health in general.

body
04-25-2003, 12:59 PM
skin is about 70% fat.