PDA

View Full Version : What to eat on cheat day?

big_geek
04-25-2003, 12:59 PM
On your cheat day do you go all out all day or do you still watch what you eat. Give me examples of your cheat day.
Second question, I've been cutting for a while now and my progress has somewhat stalled.
I drink whey protein shakes every morning and before bed time. I mix them with 1% milk, should I switch to skim milk?

GhettoSmurf
04-25-2003, 01:04 PM
i'd stick with just a simple cheat meal. i mean, no need to go over board. maybe for a cheat "meal" ill have a couple slices of pizza, or some KFC. I dunno, whatever sounds good to you ;)

04-25-2003, 01:06 PM
Ideally refeed days should be high carbs, moderate protein, low fats. You can cheat on sweets and stuff on your cheat day as long as their low fat.

If you do wanna cheat (high carbs high fat like pizza or McD's), only do it on one or two meals.

As far as that milk goes, I'd cut milk out totally if your bf is getting pretty low. You'll probably notice your skin will start looking a tad tighter from the lack of sodium.

Silverback
04-25-2003, 01:07 PM
Doesn't matter mate,

Just have some things that you 'fancy' whether it be chocolate, cheesecake, burgers. fries, candy, pizza or even dog food for that matter!

Dont worry man, its a cheat day not a worry day :)

Ironman8
04-25-2003, 01:18 PM
Ya, milk should be cut out when cutting. It causes an insulin spike, which switches your metabolism burning fat to your metabolism burning carbs. Here's a topic on it:

Here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=495198#post495198)

As for cheatday, my favriote cheat meal is chips and ice cream :).

big_geek
04-25-2003, 01:39 PM
Could I drink it with skim milk in the morning and water at night?
I just hate the taste of protein with water...
Last night I had a dream about poutine combo from Burger King:drooling:

bradley
04-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by big_geek
Could I drink it with skim milk in the morning and water at night?
I just hate the taste of protein with water...

I would just get my protein from another source rather than having a shake mixed with water. Whey digests to rapidly when mixed with water although you could drink it along with something else to help slow the absorption. What about cottage cheese or something along those lines that contains a slower digesting protein. Another option would be to get a protein blend to drink at night.

Ironman8
04-25-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by big_geek

LOL! I just dreamt of eating a steak burrito at Taco Bell :D

big_geek
04-28-2003, 07:59 AM
I finally gave in this weekend and ordered a small pizza combo: small pizza, thin crust=less carbs + 3 toppings (double cheese, bacon, onion), chicken wings, potato wedges (for my dog), garlic bread (for my dog). They took an hour to deliver, so I got it at 1/2 price:D

GhettoSmurf
04-28-2003, 08:32 AM
good job. im glad you kept it small, and not go all out. IMO you made a good choice ;) (any left-over pizza for me?) :D

Ironman8
04-28-2003, 05:38 PM
Ya, and it probably kicked your metabolism up.