PDA

View Full Version : How many calories to eat per sitting?

lilpenis
04-25-2003, 02:44 PM
Is 250 calories too small for a sitting if you eat 5 times a day. I just had a steak-um w/ketchup, mayo, onions, water. 247 calories

I eat about 5 times a day (not counting protein shake). How many calories should I be eatting each sitting if I'm trying to lose weight.

I usually have breakfeast (egg, milk, cereal)

lunch (can of tuna)

mid day snack (cold cuts or steak-um)

dinner (home cooked chicken or beef with rice)

mid night snack (dinner left overs but smaller quantity)

I've been roughly intaking 3000-3500 calories (6'2/202lbs). Today I started eating different. So far I've had
breakfeast-egg, cereal
lunch - can of tuna, water
mid day snack - steak-um with mayo, ketchup, onions, one slice bread

Thats about 780 calories total so far for the day. Am I on the right track?

captnjosh
04-25-2003, 03:15 PM
I try to spread my calories out evenly throughout the day.
I don't think there is a minimum amount to eat at a sitting but I would avoid getting most of your cal's from one or two large meals only.

MrWebb78
04-25-2003, 03:19 PM
calories are like a hot blondes legs.....spread em

anyways, breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day. and it doesnt matter how many cals per meal as long as the daily total is where you want it to be.

bradley
04-25-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by lilpenis
Is 250 calories too small for a sitting if you eat 5 times a day. I just had a steak-um w/ketchup, mayo, onions, water. 247 calories

I eat about 5 times a day (not counting protein shake). How many calories should I be eatting each sitting if I'm trying to lose weight.

I usually have breakfeast (egg, milk, cereal)

lunch (can of tuna)

mid day snack (cold cuts or steak-um)

dinner (home cooked chicken or beef with rice)

mid night snack (dinner left overs but smaller quantity)

I've been roughly intaking 3000-3500 calories (6'2/202lbs). Today I started eating different. So far I've had
breakfeast-egg, cereal
lunch - can of tuna, water
mid day snack - steak-um with mayo, ketchup, onions, one slice bread

Thats about 780 calories total so far for the day. Am I on the right track?

Looks like you are cutting your calories way too fast. Like I and others mentioned in your other thread, cut cals in small increments not all at once. Cutting cals too fast will just shock your body and slow down your metabolism, Just take in about 3000 cals and then spread this out over your scheduled meals for the day. Make sure you count all calories that go into your body, including protein shakes and postworkout shakes as well. It is not critical that all meals are the same size, calorie wise that is.

Vido
04-25-2003, 04:42 PM
I don't think any amount of calories is too small for a sitting, but you should try and eat similar-sized meals throughout the day. Therefore, if you are going for 3000 cals, you are going to have eat 12 meals of this size...so basically once every waking hour...you do the math.

Manveet
04-26-2003, 10:51 AM
Personally, my biggest meal is almost always breakfast. About 1000cals. That leaves me with 3000cals to spread over the day, I try to split them up as good as I can, but work gets in the way from time to time, so I usually compress some meals into one. As long as I get my cals in for the day, I'm fine.

Berserker
04-26-2003, 12:17 PM
If I was you I would be gnawing on a table leg.
Your not getting enough of anything especially protein.

Ironman8
04-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Ya, you should get most of your cals at breakfast, your body has been on a calorie deficit throughout the night and it's the first meal of your day.

GhettoSmurf
04-26-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Ya, you should get most of your cals at breakfast, your body has been on a calorie deficit throughout the night and it's the first meal of your day.

i agree

my breakfast is usually my biggest, next biggest is lunch, and then PWO shake. all the other meals are about the same between 200-400 cals :)

AJ_11
04-26-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8

The reason behind having a bigger breakfast is so that you have a less likehood of binge eating at night. Your body will have time to burn the calories and use them for energy throughout the day while staying satidfied.

I find that if I eat a smaller breakfast then I am really hungry though out the day.

Ironman8
04-26-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by AJ_11

The reason behind having a bigger breakfast is so that you have a less likehood of binge eating at night. Your body will have time to burn the calories and use them for energy throughout the day while staying satidfied.

I find that if I eat a smaller breakfast then I am really hungry though out the day.

Ya, most definitly.