PDA

View Full Version : How to use bands for westside training

vnj
04-25-2003, 08:39 PM
i got a pair of monster minis. im not sure how to incorporate them into my training. i want to use it for my DE days. how should i add it on? for instance, bench is supposed to be 60%, am i supposed to add the bands on after i put on 60% weight, or am i supposed to combine band and weights to equal 60%. thanks for the help.

Adam
04-26-2003, 06:47 AM
when i put the mini's on i drop my weight down
without bands i use 115-135
with the mini's i just use 95
When your using the bands concentrate only on speed

Paul Stagg
04-28-2003, 07:11 AM
Without bands I speed bench with 175. With mini's I drop the bar weight to 135, and I'm slower (which means I should probalby drop the bar weight more.)

What do you bench now, and how long have you been training WSB. I think one of the big mistakes people make with WSB is adding in bands too soon.

zackdarnell
04-28-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by vnj
i got a pair of monster minis. im not sure how to incorporate them into my training. i want to use it for my DE days. how should i add it on? for instance, bench is supposed to be 60%, am i supposed to add the bands on after i put on 60% weight, or am i supposed to combine band and weights to equal 60%. thanks for the help. I'd drop the weight to about 40-50% since they are monster mini's. Make sure you keep your speed up.

DK
04-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Yeah 45% is a good guideline. I just read that.

Paul - How much experience do you think someone needs with WSB before they should use bands?

Paul Stagg
04-28-2003, 12:16 PM
I think it depends on the lifter, how strong they are, what equipment they use, and how well they know their body and their weaknesses.

I think a lot of folks new to WSB and to pling in general jump too quickly to use bands/chains, when they really need to focus on moving the bar fast and improving their current weaknesses.

Adam
04-28-2003, 05:59 PM
:withstupi