PDA

View Full Version : cardio = muscle loss???

NO2
04-26-2003, 09:51 PM
hi yall

well you all know by now that summer is just around the corner,
and all the honeys are out(i love summer).

well heres my question,

i need to start cutting big time, so if i do alot of cardio will i looz any muscle mass???

and whats a good fat burner for cheap, like around 30 or 40 bucks?:eek:

ryan1117
04-26-2003, 10:09 PM
I'm no diet expert, but it usually seems like the faster you lose weight, the more muscle mass you lose even if it was from cardio. I know my dad lost something like 40 pounds in 2 months last summer by doing endless cardio. The problem is that I bet he was still in the low 20s for bodyfat even at 5-9 160 since he lost the weight so quickly. Most people will probably agree that you don't want to lose more than 1 pound per week if you want to preserve muscle.

RBB
04-26-2003, 10:11 PM
you will lose some muscle mass if you are on a caloric deficit. you wont' lose any weight by just running, get your diet in check first. it sounds like you have been bulking all winter and waited until now to start cutting. if you want to look good in the summer you should begin your cut in advance to slowly lose the fat. if you try to lose it all quickly then you will definitely lose a good bit of muscle mass.
far as fat burners go, any regular eca stack is good and cheap. look it up (http://www.affordablesupplements.com)

GhettoSmurf
04-27-2003, 05:18 AM
when you cut, you do lose some muscle, but the slower you lose the weight while you cut, the more muscle you retain.

Defkon1
04-27-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by RBB
any regular eca stack is good

Definately. I used to eca stack all the time when cutting, for me this is the best way after hard dieting of course.

If u wanting to go one better another way to do this is dring black coffee at least an hour before training and take an aspirin with it.

Give it a go

STRONG
04-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Don't do too much cardio or else you will lose muscle. You need to realize that you still burn calories when you're working out. Make sure you go hardcore w/ the weights and take SHORT breaks b/c that's what gets you cut-up.

You should add this to your bicep routine. Choose a weight that you feel you could do about 9-12 reps. Do (6 sets of 6) and take (15 second breaks). You'll be burnt.

After hittin the weights, I always do a cardio session for 15 minutes, but I go full blast for that short time.

An awesome and cheap fat burner is Stacker 3.

Vido
04-27-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by STRONG
Make sure you go hardcore w/ the weights and take SHORT breaks b/c that's what gets you cut-up.

Diet is what gets you cut up.

pusher
04-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Make sure you go hardcore w/ the weights and take SHORT breaks b/c that's what gets you cut-up.
You should add this to your bicep routine. Choose a weight that you feel you could do about 9-12 reps. Do (6 sets of 6) and take (15 second breaks). You'll be burnt.

WTF???:swear: :scratch: :bang:

You will loose some muscle, no big deal. Diet gets you to low bf %, look up a CKD or other options. Fat burner helps if all else is in place. Cheap? ephedrine HCL + caffeine pill, no need for aspirin.