PDA

View Full Version : Chicken breast

Reinier
04-27-2003, 04:29 PM
i just ate a microwaved one. im talking raw into microwave. tasted better than i expected.

now my question is could they be salted and stuff before they are frozen? even on the inside? cuz they make them tasty and i dont see how

bradley
04-27-2003, 04:34 PM
I believe some chicken breasts are dipped in chicken broth before they are frozen, which would add a little flavor to them.

Ironman8
04-27-2003, 06:51 PM
Did you check the ingredients? Bradley is right. It's probably dipped in chicken broth.

GhettoSmurf
04-27-2003, 08:04 PM
i know that bagged tyson chicken breasts are usually dipped in a broth. just check the bag they came in. it should say.

Manveet
04-27-2003, 09:31 PM
I buy a big box of frozen chicken breasts. They come coated with soy protein and I think salt. Not as good as fresh chicken breasts, but a lot cheaper, lol.

bradley
04-28-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Reinier
i just ate a microwaved one. im talking raw into microwave. tasted better than i expected.

now my question is could they be salted and stuff before they are frozen? even on the inside? cuz they make them tasty and i dont see how

Well I looked on the bag of frozen chicken breasts that I have here at the house and it says that the chicken is enriched with 15% chicken broth. This would explain the salty taste.

Reinier
04-28-2003, 04:42 AM
cool.

Ironman8
04-28-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Manveet
Not as good as fresh chicken breasts, but a lot cheaper, lol.

Heh heh, that's what I look for to :D

Y2A
04-28-2003, 08:09 AM
You can microwave a raw, out of the package chicken breast?? How long do you put it in for?

GhettoSmurf
04-28-2003, 08:34 AM
i guess as long as it gets cooked all the way through. but personally i think ill stick to grilling mine :) george foreman grill > microwave :)

bradley
04-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Y2A
You can microwave a raw, out of the package chicken breast?? How long do you put it in for?

Usually if you are buying frozen chicken breasts there are instructions on microwaving just as there are instructions about baking. This site also has a recommendation on microwaving. Just scroll through until you find it. Also lots of other chicken info.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OA/pubs/chicken.htm

Ironman8
04-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
george foreman grill > microwave :)

LOL! It's so true! I love making cheese turkey sandwiches on it :D

Berserker
04-28-2003, 07:01 PM
I just bought a Hamilton Beach I've gone through 3 foremans.

Ironman8
04-28-2003, 09:37 PM
Heh, did you get tired of them, or they just broke?

body
04-29-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Reinier

it does not really matter what you do with them.

they have just killed off 14 million chickens in holland due to some flu virsus going round.
the price of chicken is going to shoot up. the price of eggs is already gone up.
their is not going to be many eggs either around for a while.

find another protien source as even the price of thia and brazillian chicken will go up as they demand will be greater.