PDA

View Full Version : new

Gizotch
04-27-2003, 11:38 PM
hey everyone ,

im new to all of this , just tired of my body , i want to be toned , i need mass , im well built as is , just part of my genes , but i want to improve upon what i have . can anyone layout a work regiment for a 7 day period that i can repeat week after week? also can someone tell me a basic guidline of what i should and shouldnt eat , i dont understand any of this nutritional stuff... please help , thanks

Vido
04-27-2003, 11:46 PM
Look at the Wannabebig routines on the main site (wannabebig.com).

Gizotch
04-27-2003, 11:49 PM
yea, i have one now , but as for general nutrition , i have no idea what to start with , i havent the slightest idea whats going on

Vido
04-27-2003, 11:51 PM
There is also a diet archive on that site as well. You should also browse over the diet and nutrition board on this site, and maybe take a look at a few people's journals to see what they are eating. This would at least give you a good base so that you can come back with more specific questions.

Gizotch
04-27-2003, 11:53 PM
sorry

GhettoSmurf
04-28-2003, 04:47 AM
or you can also try using the search button. or just look a few threads down, there have been a lot of recent posts about starting a diet

Ironman8
04-28-2003, 06:59 AM
Well, you can start by eating 1 gram of protein times your bodyweight. So, if you weigh 150Ibs., eat 150 grams of protein.

Gizotch
04-28-2003, 07:13 AM
thank you , ill start doing that

Gizotch
04-28-2003, 07:14 AM
should i do that in shakes ? what should i put in the shakes? what are some of the high protein foods that you eat? or that you recommend eating?

GhettoSmurf
04-28-2003, 08:29 AM
food for protein: chicken, turkey, lean red meats, milk, eggs, tuna, whey.

no, all of your protein shouldnt come from just shakes. save the shakes for post-workout when you mix whey with some dextrose and/or maltodextrine

bradley
04-28-2003, 10:28 AM
Some generally accepted dieting principles:

1) 1 gram of protein per lb. of bodyweight

2) 25-30% of daily calories should come from fat (Essential fatty
acids making up most of this total)

3) Fill in the rest of daily calories with low glycemic index carbs, except postworkout which would ideally include high glycemic index carbs along with whey protein.

4) Drink plenty of water throughout the day, and one gallon would be good starting point.

Listed below are some good sources of each macronutrient. This is just a small list and is by no means all inclusive.

protein sources: eggs, chicken, lean beef, dairy, fish

low GI carbs: oats, sweet potatoes, beans, brown rice, whole wheat bread, vegetables

fats: nuts, natural peanut butter, oily fish (such as salmon), fish oil, flax oil, olive oil

Ironman8
04-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
no, all of your protein shouldnt come from just shakes. save the shakes for post-workout when you mix whey with some dextrose and/or maltodextrine

Actually, you can drink protein shakes anytime. If it's a post-worout shake, put some simple carbs in there (like Smurf stated), but if it's not, it would be wise not to add any simple sugars in there.