PDA

View Full Version : Last 6 weeks progress and transformation.

DeezGst
04-28-2003, 07:14 AM
Sup peeps, Wanted to share some progress pics. Just a little background.

At one point in time December 2001, I was weighing in around 258lbs, at 5'7". I was diagnosed with Acid Refulx and cutt out soft drinks etc..and lost 20lbs just from that.

Eventually I got tired of being fat and I started at the gym in conjuntion with diet in September 2002. I am now down to 187lbs. Total of 51lbs. lost since September (7 months) and 79lbs overall, with an increase in strength and muscle mass. I don't have any pictures of me at 258, but I do have some at 238 before I started working out. I will post those when I get them scanned.

These are progress of the last 6 weeks from 202-187.

My Goal is to get down to around 10%BF and around 165-170lbs. I just hope I don't shrink up into nothing. I know jack about how to pose properly so try not to laugh to hard.

Thanks,

Comments or suggestions welcome.

IMAGE IN THIS POST BELOW IS ONLY 6 WEEK PROGRESS PHOTO, TRANSFORMATION PHOTO IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE THEAD IN ANOTHER POST.

Derek

DeezGst
04-28-2003, 11:56 AM
Alright, Thanks mod pics working now...

Derek

WillKuenzel
04-28-2003, 12:04 PM
And another North Carolinian joins the boards. :D

Awesome progress man! Definitely can tell a huge difference. Doesn't look like it'll take you long at all to get to your goals.

Mik
04-28-2003, 12:14 PM
:withstupi

Great progress! Keep up the great work.

aikigreg
04-28-2003, 01:33 PM
amazing. You'll have to share the method of training you used to get down to that weight!

DeezGst
04-28-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks for all the compliments, really boosts my motivation that much more. I can't wait to post my pics when I was @ 238. I look absolutley nothing like I do now. I wish I could find one of when I was 258...I sent my photo to afew people who haven't seen me in a while and they nearly **** themselves.

As far as training...My Cardio traning has really picked up the last month. Trying to cutt hard before I go to the Beach in June. My diet is pretty strict with a little leaniancy(spell) on the weekends. But to lose most of the 52lbs within the last 7 months I've done moderate cardio, like 20mins 3-4 times a week + weight training and diet.

About April 7th or so I upped my cardio here is my current schedule...

Monday=Back, abs, 20min Cardio in the morning/40mins afternoon

Tuesday=Shoulders, same cardio routine

Wensday=Bis/Tri's,abs, Same Cardio Routine

Thursday=legs morning cardio only

Friday=Chest no cardio

Saturday=bi's/tri's, abs, Cardio afternoon

Sunday=rest

My diet durning the week is pretty much consistent and has worked well with putting on muscle and loosing the fat. Drink lots of water throught the day #1.

7:30 Protien Shake/Flax seed oil 40G Protien 4carbs 330cal ,5G L-glutamine

10:30 Can of Chicken or tuna 20G Protien 1G Carb, 115cal
Multi-vit, Fiber Supplement

1:30 Protien Bar 250cal 35G Protien, 3G carbs

4:30 Can of Chicken or tuna 20G Protien 1G carb, 115cal

Post workout
Protien Shake 40G protien, 4G Carbs, 220cal, 5G L-Glutimane
8oz Gatorade/w creatine 14G carbs, 50cal

8:30 Chicken Breast or other meat, Green veggie's, stick of cheese, sometimes sugar free jello

I have gotten a lot more strict on the weekends the last two months or so. Before I would have cheat days. I would usually gain a few lbs back but quickly loose it back + more durning the following week. Had I not had those cheat days I'm sure I would be a little bit lighter. I still try to have a cheat meal once a week to throw off my metab off a bit...

steveo
04-28-2003, 05:00 PM
nice

starks713
04-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Great job!

Ironman8
04-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Very nice!

BCC
04-28-2003, 07:28 PM
Hey man, excellent progress. Looks like you're well on your way.

Rastaman
04-28-2003, 10:23 PM
Damn, you're doing something right man! Nice transformation, I can imagine what the people who haven't seen you for awhile think. They're probably like "holy ****", is this the same dude?

DeezGst
04-29-2003, 10:01 AM
yea, peoples reactions are pretty crazy. Definatley a change in how people preceive me now, even though I'm the same person people treat me differently. I know I walk around with a LOT more confidence then before. Anyways, thanks for all the compliments. Funny thing is I get a lot of my inspiration from places like this were I see peoples progress as well, hopefully I can motivate someone else to do the same.

Derek

EdgeCrusher
04-29-2003, 12:49 PM
W.O.W.

Good job.

Miss Rezza
04-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Amazing transformation Deez!! :eek:

What an inspiration! :)

NateDogg
04-29-2003, 04:22 PM
:eek: nice work!

SquareHead
04-29-2003, 04:22 PM
Dude out flippin standing!!

DeezGst
04-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Once again thanks for all the compliments.

I have a question...My tri's really suck. They are getting better but at a much slower pace then the rest of me. Anyone have any suggestions on good excersies for the tri's that they have had good results with. I've cutt back to working them once a week now...

For Tri's I typically do

Inclose beach press
Push Downs
Dips
and one other machine/free weight

Each for 4 sets increase weight decreasing reps for each set. I always switch up the routine never starting or ending with the same excersize.

Big Worm
04-30-2003, 11:00 AM
Great Work. I would recommend not messing with the order of the exercises you do. Switching it up (as in sometimes doing dips as your 1st tri exercise and sometimes doing it as your last) will make it difficult to accurately gauge how you are progressing. Just a thought.

supirman
04-30-2003, 11:41 AM
Not to mention your tris get hit pretty hard doing shoulders, and then you're doing them again 1 day later. And again 2 days after that for chest. Seems like they're not getting a chance to recover enough.

cphafner
04-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Great job Deez, really awesome progress. As crazy as it sounds, you might want to cut back on your tri work a bit. It you are doing hard shoulders/chest workouts, you don't really have to hit tri's on their own.

DeezGst
04-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Yea I have switched my routine around a bit here the last 2 weeks. Trying a few different things. It's just that my Bi's are growing at a quicker rate then my Tri's it seems. I've seen good improvement in both, but my tri's are just lagging a little behind, of course they have always been the weaker of the two muscles which is odd. Best improvement has been in my Chest/Bi's by far. Anyways, thanks again everyone. I hope I can be an inspiration to someone some day when I'm sporting that 10%BF with some ripped abs and nice build.

Derek

cphafner
04-30-2003, 02:16 PM
Dezz,

I just looked at the post with your workout, you are def. overworking your tri's. Shoulders tuesday, tri's wednesday, chest friday, and tri's again on saturday? Thats way to much arm work man. Cut it back. I had much better gains in arms with no or little direct arm work. If your hitting tris on wednesday, there is no way they are fresh come friday. I think the less is more philosophy is very hard for people to get used to, but once you see the results it producing you never go back

DeezGst
04-30-2003, 02:30 PM
Thanks, I have in the last 2 weeks cutt back to working Bi/Tri's once a week. We will see in my next 6 week progress photo's if there is a difference.

Thanks for all the advice fella's

Derek

DeezGst
05-01-2003, 10:01 AM
Found Yet a better photo of me when I was 258...I think this one really demonstraits just how "large" I was. DAMN!

258 to 187....

I've lost 3lbs since I took the photos..whoohoo! 184 now. :-)

Derek

kinetixtrainer
05-01-2003, 10:21 AM
Great job, keep up the good work. I dont think you could ask for much better progress than that brotha. Keep hitting the iron and treadmill.

good luck.

Behemoth
05-01-2003, 03:36 PM
*Awesome* cut man. Great job and keep it up.

Beast
05-01-2003, 06:50 PM
Terrific transformation. That took a lot of dedication! Congrats.