PDA

View Full Version : What r the good things and bad things about sodium and sugar???

Mic Soloist
04-29-2003, 01:27 AM
How much is to much in a day when bulking or cutting?

bradley
04-29-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist
How much is to much in a day when bulking or cutting?

Well I try to minimize sugar intake throughout the day, with the exception of using dextrose postworkout.

As far as sodium I try not to go overboard with it, but I do not count the amount of sodium in my diet. The amount of sodium in your diet would become more important if you were trying to get rid of that last little bit of water weight or getting ready for a bb'ing competition.

Sodium does play an important role in the body as far as elctrolytes go but the possibility of sodium deficiency is quite low for the average person.

GhettoSmurf
04-29-2003, 04:38 AM
for sugar, i get most of mine in my PWO shake.

for sodium, i dont count it either, but i dont add any to the foods i eat.

YatesNightBlade
04-29-2003, 05:34 AM
you should get enough sodium from your diet. As for Sugar ..... avoid it at all cost with the exception of post workout.

Mic Soloist
04-29-2003, 06:24 AM
i sprinkle some on my oatmeal, is that alright in the morning?

Ironman8
04-29-2003, 07:04 AM
Well, only a little would be fine. The problem would be if your covering your oatmeal in it.

GhettoSmurf
04-29-2003, 07:46 AM
have you thought about trying a sugar substitute instead? somthing like splenda or equal

Ironman8
04-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
have you thought about trying a sugar substitute instead? somthing like splenda or equal

IMO, sugar substites will mess up your body somehow. However, everything in moderation is a o.k. Here's a good read on sugar subs

here (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=supplement&Number=315626&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)