PDA

View Full Version : Need Bulking Help

outlawtas
04-29-2003, 07:26 AM
Hey, I've been working out steady for like a year now. Pretty hardcore too, at least 4 days a week, 1-1.5 hours. But I havnen't gained anything. I am noticibly more muscular, but not any bigger. I'm 5'9 and weigh 153. Where Can I figure out how much I need to eat, I guess using a 40-30-30 split, calorie wise a day to start gaining big muscle? thanks...

i don't really care about fat right now, so i wanna bulk up...

GhettoSmurf
04-29-2003, 07:49 AM
well for starters try for at least 1g of protein per pound.

also try using the "search" button. there have been quite a few posts about things like these. im sure you can find some great info :)

bradley
04-29-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by outlawtas
Hey, I've been working out steady for like a year now. Pretty hardcore too, at least 4 days a week, 1-1.5 hours. But I havnen't gained anything. I am noticibly more muscular, but not any bigger. I'm 5'9 and weigh 153. Where Can I figure out how much I need to eat, I guess using a 40-30-30 split, calorie wise a day to start gaining big muscle? thanks...

i don't really care about fat right now, so i wanna bulk up...

Well if you are maintaining your current weight then you need to increase your calories. I would suggest increasing them in small increments each week until you are gaining a small amount of weight each week (.5-1lb per week). You can use a site like www.fitday.com to help you track your cals. The 40/30/30 macro split would be fine but just make sure you are getting in ample protein and healthy fats and then fill in the rest of your cals with low GI carbs.

Vido
04-29-2003, 12:25 PM
The first thing you have to do is track your calories. If you don't know how much you are currently eating, then you won't know how you can increase them. Once you know what you're eating now (your maintenance calories) follow the above advice by Bradley.

Ironman8
04-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Ya, you should definitly bulk clean. Alot of people just eat whatever they see, and they don't care about their health. So, bulk without taking in too many greasy foods.