PDA

View Full Version : Do i need Protein Shake?

huhu
08-08-2001, 05:10 PM
I am 6'0 , 175 and in good shape except for maybe a little weight around the middle, not to much extra. However, I want to get toned and lean and get a lot of definition in my pecks, and abs. Right now I am fairly strong but not huge and without great definition.

My current Workout is the follows:

Monday: Upper Body, Chest, Arms.

Tuesday: Lower body, Legs, Calfs.

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Same as monday

Friday: Stomach, Abs

Saturday: Lowerbody

Sunday: Off

Been Doing this for 3 months.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nutrition:

Breakfast: Water, Oatmeal or Cheerios:)

Snack: Nutrional Bar or Lowfat Yogurt

Lunch: Chicken or Tuna

Snack: Protein Shake...should i take this?

Dinner: Chicken, (Tuna), potato, or salad

Snake: PB sandwich.

Just started this diet last week.

----------------------------

What could i do to improve this routine? Should i take Drink the protein shake even though i am trying to cut fat and get toned? I really don't want to lose weight.....just get toned and maybe pick up a few pounds of muscle.

the doc
08-08-2001, 06:50 PM
you need to eat 4-6 times a day, smaller more frequent meals.

you can use protein shakes , but its food just like anything else. Use it to add protein to your diet, but the centerpiece of your concern should be "what yummy whole food am i gonna eat next?"

TvR8oRage
08-08-2001, 08:17 PM
175 x 1.5 = 262.5g of protein per day you should get as close to this as humanly possible
175 x 12 = 2100 - 500 = 1600 cals per day
out of these 1600 cals per day about 1000 of these cals
should come from protein,
the rest from fat and carbs, stick to fruits and veggies
as you many source of carbs, consume you daily carbs at breakfast and morning snack the rest of your meals should be
protein based,
Cardio 5 days a week, early morning on empty stomach
at least 30min at target heart level throw in and ECA supplement
three times daily to keep you metabolisum humming and appitite down, I like weightlifting in the after noon once i have saturated my muscles with proteins my routine looks like this i keep it short with few movement, with heavy weight low reps this helps maintain my hard earned muscle while cutting up give it a try for six weeks with no cheat days and i guarante you will be F****N
ripped to the bone, then you can start bulking up bro.

Day 1 : Chest and Back

Chest

Flat Barbell Bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Low Incline Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Dips : 2 x 6-8 reps

Back

Chin ups : 2 x 6-8 reps
Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps
Barbell Rows : 2 x 6-8 reps
Shrugs : 1 x 10 reps

Day 2 : OFF

Day 3 : Legs

Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
Hack Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
Leg Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
Straight Legged Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps
Standing Calve Raises : 4 x 10 reps

Day 4 : OFF

Day 5 : Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps

Shoulders

Military Press in Rack : 2 x 6-8 reps
Seated Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Standing Lateral Raises : 2 x 10 reps

Triceps :

Narrow Grip bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
French Press : 2 x 6-8 reps

Biceps :

Barbell Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
Hammer Curls : 1 x 6-8 reps

Day 6 : OFF
Day 7 : OFF

Abs to be done on any training day of personal choice. 4 days a week

YatesNightBlade
08-09-2001, 02:41 AM
More protein needed. Add some Eggs in there. 6 egg whites for example and take your protein Shake AFTER your workout.

Good luck and god bless.

Gyno Rhino
08-09-2001, 08:35 AM
1600 cals a day? You sure? A diseased ethiopian will lose muscle mass on 1600 cals a day...

TvR8oRage
08-09-2001, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
1600 cals a day? You sure? A diseased ethiopian will lose muscle mass on 1600 cals a day...

1600= maintance - 500 cals, good number for extreme fat
burning, the ECA stack will help a little in tissue preservation
he said he wanted to get ripped up, and cut before he started bulking right

huhu
08-11-2001, 08:05 PM
I have been on my diet for 2 weeks or so. I have lost 5 pounds. Down from 178 to 173. However some i am sure is just water weight. I guess it isn't hard to drop a few pounds when you used to eat fastfood regularly. Once i get a little more defined. I want to start building my pecs and abs and adding weight. I want to get huge pecs and a six pack. Anybody have any good exercises/routine that can do this for me?

Right now my pecs and abs are just there. Not bad but not great. I have been working them out (about 3 months, but they aren't doing much growing......exspecially since i am losing weight right now. I need a really intensive program that will build them.

Thanks

MrMuscle
08-14-2001, 02:07 AM
TvR8oRage where did you find that "12" that you are multiplying his weight with?

If im understanding you correctly the only way i know of finding how many calories he needs is like this

1) Find your lean body mass (LBM) via a skin caliper

2) add a zero to your LMB

So if you eigh 200 pounds, and you fat percentage is 10%, your LBM is 90% of 200 wich is 180, so your basal metabolism (BM) is 1800 calories a day. that means that you need 1800 caloies a day to maintain your weight, "IF YOU DO NOT MOVE".