PDA

View Full Version : diet help



WiNgS
04-29-2003, 03:49 PM
im about 200lbs now, my maintenance is about 3100 kcals and currently this is my diet ratio;

268g of protein
145g of carbs
41g of fat
2104 kcals

as you can see the total kcals is a 1000 deficit so thats about a rate of loss at 2lbs a week, but im thinking that if im doing tons of cardio + xenadrine + lifting then im going too low on kcals should i bump up my ration to this?;

270g of protein
167g of carbs
42g of fat
2213 kcals

i need to lose 18lbs in 9 weeks, id really appreciate opinions

bradley
04-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Well if your maintenance level is 3100 cals and you are creating a 1000 cal deficit without cardio then yes I thnk your cals are too low. If you are going to continue performing the cardio then I would up the cals, and it will probably need to be more than 100 cals if you are doing "tons of cardio." Losing 2lbs a week for 9 weeks straight will be a tough go, but keeping a constant eye on calorie intake and how your body responds to the different calorie intake will help you succeed. Although I would suspect you will lose muscle and strength doing this.

Are you just trying to make weight for an event or something? If so you might want to cut carbs down and add more fat which would cause some weight loss from the glycogen and water.

WiNgS
04-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by bradley
Well if your maintenance level is 3100 cals and you are creating a 1000 cal deficit without cardio then yes I thnk your cals are too low. If you are going to continue performing the cardio then I would up the cals, and it will probably need to be more than 100 cals if you are doing "tons of cardio." Losing 2lbs a week for 9 weeks straight will be a tough go, but keeping a constant eye on calorie intake and how your body responds to the different calorie intake will help you succeed. Although I would suspect you will lose muscle and strength doing this.

Are you just trying to make weight for an event or something? If so you might want to cut carbs down and add more fat which would cause some weight loss from the glycogen and water.

my lifts have actually gone up since i started cutting, im just trying to get down to 5% bodyfat, it doesnt seem like ive lost any muscle so far

raniali
04-29-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by WiNgS


my lifts have actually gone up since i started cutting, im just trying to get down to 5% bodyfat, it doesnt seem like ive lost any muscle so far

then what are u asking?

bradley
04-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by WiNgS


my lifts have actually gone up since i started cutting, im just trying to get down to 5% bodyfat, it doesnt seem like ive lost any muscle so far

How long have you been following this diet and training program?

WiNgS
04-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by bradley


How long have you been following this diet and training program?

4/5 weeks but only recently i had to add lots of cardio + diet harder and take the thermogenic because i had thought i was 11 weeks out when im 9 so ive been playing catch up

Vido
04-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by WiNgS

i need to lose 18lbs in 9 weeks

Why?

Ironman8
04-29-2003, 05:17 PM
How many pounds are you losing per week? If you're losing more than 1 pound a week, it's probably muscle.

WiNgS
04-30-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8
How many pounds are you losing per week? If you're losing more than 1 pound a week, it's probably muscle.

do you have any theory to back this up?

GhettoSmurf
04-30-2003, 04:37 AM
its basicaly all over the place, just do some searching. plus, i know from experience, if you are losing a lot of weight per week, some of it will be muscle

Ironman8
04-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by WiNgS


do you have any theory to back this up?

LOL! I'm guessing you haven't searched the forum yet :D